UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April definately thinking that shakhtar are a brilliant bet as barca have to rest players with real game in mind and from what i saw of them on sunday they looked mega tired. their fringe players are good but they dont scare the opposition and shakhtar are notoriously good at home. thinking to do the bets before the team is announced and the odds drop as everyone sees who guardiola is resting. they will surely go through as they will score at least one but i can see shakhtar scoring 2 maybe 3. hopefull bet but may turn out to be good man u v chelsea id say 1-1 game or something. will be doing 0-0 aswell hoping to lay at half time as we all know what fergie can do when he wants to. only problem may be benayoun finally setting torres up with a tap in!!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April

definately thinking that shakhtar are a brilliant bet as barca have to rest players with real game in mind and from what i saw of them on sunday they looked mega tired. their fringe players are good but they dont scare the opposition and shakhtar are notoriously good at home. thinking to do the bets before the team is announced and the odds drop as everyone sees who guardiola is resting. they will surely go through as they will score at least one but i can see shakhtar scoring 2 maybe 3. hopefull bet but may turn out to be good man u v chelsea id say 1-1 game or something. will be doing 0-0 aswell hoping to lay at half time as we all know what fergie can do when he wants to. only problem may be benayoun finally setting torres up with a tap in!!
Agree with you on Shakhtar. Even Barcelona B team won't lose to Shakhtar 4-0. I guess Guardiola will rest some of the key players but will have them on the bench in case something goes wrong.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April I see this as a bit like in the Cup when Barca destroyed Betis in the first leg. They then made changes and lost the return leg. Can't really see them getting out of first gear, so I agree a bet on Shakhtar in some form should be the more sensible option. United V Chelsea looks like it could contain goals. Simply because Chelsea need to score, and United haven't been the most outstanding side defensively this season. It will be interesting to see whether they play their normal game, or sit off of Chelsea early on to see what they've got.

I see this as a bit like in the Cup when Barca destroyed Betis in the first leg. They then made changes and lost the return leg. Can't really see them getting out of first gear, so I agree a bet on Shakhtar in some form should be the more sensible option. United V Chelsea looks like it could contain goals. Simply because Chelsea need to score, and United haven't been the most outstanding side defensively this season. It will be interesting to see whether they play their normal game, or sit off of Chelsea early on to see what they've got.
Any idea whether Van der Sar will play or not, since he missed home game against Fulham on Saturday.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April I think the opposite on the United/Chelsea game.....can see very few goals in this one. Chelsea need to score but I think United's defence with Rio and Vidic will handle Chelsea's attack pretty comfortably.....can see United getting plenty of numbers back and hitting on the break with Nani, Rooney, Hernandez. If Ancelotti starts Torres I think Chelsea are definitely doomed. I would say a 1-0 United win but a nervy 0-0 wouldnt shock me either. Will stay away from this one betting wise though.

Chelsea need to score but I think United's defence with Rio and Vidic will handle Chelsea's attack pretty comfortably.....can see United getting plenty of numbers back and hitting on the break with Nani, Rooney, Hernandez.
Yep, that's another way of looking at it. I'm just not convinced Rio and Vidic are particularly reliable when you put them under a bit of pressure. United's back line has chopped and changed around so much this season.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April Alot would depend on Ancelotti's team selection for me.I wonder if Abramovich is putting pressure on to play Torres in the biggest games, I know he was 'rested' at the weekend so I'm assuming he will start this one. The lad looks shot to me and I dont think Drogba/Torres as a duo works that well. At this point I think Torres needs an open goal to find the net. If I seen something like Malouda - Drogba - Anelka in attack with Lampard/Essien/Ramires in midfield I may be swayed towards a few goals. Right now my feeling is a narrow United win or low draw(0-0 or 1-1). The market is expecting a tight one so no value on unders, and a Chelsea goal would really open it up so you'd have to say value on overs right now depending on how you think the game will go. Actually Unied's price looks quite good for the win @ 2.30ish but as we say with Spurs/Milan at White Hart Lane, they simply dont have to win and that puts me off taking United.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April Why everyone is on Shakhtar?I just don't get it :unsure Forget about Shakhtar's home record now as they lost at home to Obolon this weekend.Also Shakhtar have many injured players. Chygrynsky,Kucher,Chyzov are all out.Srna is also injured and there is 75% he won't start,Rat is suspended due to yellow cards.Adriano is doubtful(but will probably play).This is almost whole defence is out.Shakhtar has no quality players to replace their defence.Srna,Rat and Chygrynsky is a big blow. Add to this Shakhtar's low morale after 2 lose matches in a row and you'll see a true picture. Barca missing Iniesta and Puyol. Taking to account defencive problems in both sides i think over 2.5 @1.75 is a gift. Also Barca at @2.25 is a value

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April Shakthar v Barca. Over 3 goals. 2.25 @ 188bet Going for the same bet as last week with these two teams. Barcelona won 5-1 at home and there's obviously nothing to play for in the return leg. However, I believe the match will provide attacking display and therefore we'll have some goals as well. Even with Barca resting some of their first team players this match can produce at least three goals even if Donetsk have to do the biggest part of the job.

Why everyone is on Shakhtar?I just don't get it :unsure Forget about Shakhtar's home record now as they lost at home to Obolon this weekend.Also Shakhtar have many injured players. Chygrynsky,Kucher,Chyzov are all out.Srna is also injured and there is 75% he won't start,Rat is suspended due to yellow cards.Adriano is doubtful(but will probably play).This is almost whole defence is out.Shakhtar has no quality players to replace their defence.Srna,Rat and Chygrynsky is a big blow. Add to this Shakhtar's low morale after 2 lose matches in a row and you'll see a true picture. Barca missing Iniesta and Puyol. Taking to account defencive problems in both sides i think over 2.5 @1.75 is a gift. Also Barca at @2.25 is a value
Its prob logical to take goals, people are on Shakhtar because of the matches they have coming up against Madrid and they are already through (virtually) so have little reason to go for it too heavily, they obviously won't sit back because that isn't how they approach games. There is a class difference between the sides but I would wait to see the teams before making a decision..prob won't get involved myself.

Shakthar v Barca. Over 3 goals. 2.25 @ 188bet Going for the same bet as last week with these two teams. Barcelona won 5-1 at home and there's obviously nothing to play for in the return leg. However, I believe the match will provide attacking display and therefore we'll have some goals as well. Even with Barca resting some of their first team players this match can produce at least three goals even if Donetsk have to do the biggest part of the job.
I agree and will follow. Over 2,75 Goals for me at 1,975, bet365. High stake. GL

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 22-21-3 -1.56 units (51.16%) Man United pick -151 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Just the outright better team IMO and they proved it in the first game on the road. Could see a draw here though but I have a feeling Man United sneaks a goal in late on the counter.

I see this as a bit like in the Cup when Barca destroyed Betis in the first leg. They then made changes and lost the return leg. Can't really see them getting out of first gear, so I agree a bet on Shakhtar in some form should be the more sensible option. .
but this match you mention surely must be in barsa mind - couse they did not just lost but had a real scare in that first half till their goal - and being a bigger stake and harsher rival i doubt very much barsa will enter pitch off guard whatever the line up .... wich acording to catalan press should be strong one even with messi as usual in as he want to play every game .... some fringe players like keita and affellay should start and so masche suspended for bernabeu ... ace youngster thiago may take part as well .... i agree with above said barsa looks tired at times so sopecially second half should try to move the ball around rather .

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April Man.United - Chelsea I normally don't bet on goalscorer markets unless the odds are good. Since joining Chelsea Torres did not score a single goal and every week people said "Now it's time for him to score" or something like that. Chelsea is out from both domestic cups and has no real chance of winning the title so this game is their last chance to save the season and to have any hope of winning the title. Even though Man.United is unbeaten at home for a long time Chelsea has a good record against them at Old Trafford. Torres was rested on Sunday and he will be fresh for this game. For him it is now or never, the last chance to prove his worth. I know my reasoning is more speculative, but I am willing to take a risk with small stakes on this one. Torres to score & Chelsea to win @ 4.60 William Hill Torres to score 2 or more @ 17.00 Bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April Sport.es confirms that weather forecast is far from perfect for Barca players. They left Barcelona in 20+ and in Donetsk there was close to zero yesterday..And it should stay around zero tonight aswell..That will surely affect visitors somehow imo.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April Man Utd - Chelsea over 2.5 @ 2.16 centrebet Thought the first leg would go over, but due to this some excellent goalkeeping and somehow, the ball not finding a way to go over the line, doubt that the ball will stay out this time. Man Utd lead 1-0 from the first leg, and do tend to play much better at home, so expect them to approach this game as they normally would, and go out on the attack. Chelsea need to score to even up the tie, so they too will need to go for it from the start, which sets up a pretty open game. Chelsea will go into this game with hope that they can repeat their last visit to Old Trafford a year ago when they won 2-1 there and they have the players to do so. They will need to outplay them in midfield if they are to expose their defence, and be able to give Torres the service he needs, as he is way overdue to score for his new club, and Man Utd is one team he has a good record against. But Man Utd have Rooney coming into goalscoring form, and they will use their flanks to good effect to expose Chelsea. Either way, both sides are more than capable of scoring on the other, and can see goals in this game. Shaktar Donetsk - Barcelona under 2.5 @ 2.14 centrebet This tie is effectively over as doubt that Shaktar are able to defeat Barcelona by at least 4 goals to progress through. They have some players missing which makes their task even harder, which should favour Barcelona even more. However, Barcelona may rest some of their first team players here and give their squad players a run given that they have a huge game on the weekend with rivals Real Madrid, and so some of their attention may be on this game. Also, this game is likely to be played in freezing conditions out east, and Barcelona have struggled there in the past. They beat Shaktar 2-1 3 years ago in the Ukraine but thanks to two late goals by Messi in the 87th and 90th minute, but doubt that he will be required to score here. Also they have found it hard in neighbouring Russia in similar conditions when playing Rubin Kazan, and they drew 1-1 with them earlier in this competition, so with a somewhat less intensity in their game, they will be looking to play out the 90 minutes with little fanfare, and look to the weekends game. Not seeing many goals in this game like the first leg.

Why everyone is on Shakhtar?I just don't get it :unsure Forget about Shakhtar's home record now as they lost at home to Obolon this weekend.Also Shakhtar have many injured players. Chygrynsky,Kucher,Chyzov are all out.Srna is also injured and there is 75% he won't start,Rat is suspended due to yellow cards.Adriano is doubtful(but will probably play).This is almost whole defence is out.Shakhtar has no quality players to replace their defence.Srna,Rat and Chygrynsky is a big blow. Add to this Shakhtar's low morale after 2 lose matches in a row and you'll see a true picture. Barca missing Iniesta and Puyol. Taking to account defencive problems in both sides i think over 2.5 @1.75 is a gift. Also Barca at @2.25 is a value
Completely agree with you this time :tongue2 To bad the price for Barca dropped to 1.90 so the value is gone now. Next to Puyol and Iniesta who will miss the match due to injury/suspension Xavi and Villa will probably be rested, dunno about Messi but yet Barca have to much quality on their side. Affelay will be eager to prove himself as for the time being in Barca he is in the starting line up only for the matches against bottom 10 teams in La Liga and Copa Del Rey. Thiago Alcantara the new pearl of Barca's academy, will probably start. The youngster is in great form, he had a great match against Villareal and also scored against Almeria (not comparing domestic games and European cups, just saying the guy is in form). Villa on the bench might be a good thing for him and Barca as well as he hasn't scored for a while now. A bit of rest could give a possitive effect on him. The young Jeffren is more than ready to replace El Guaje. Don't know how fit is Pedro, he might start if he is 100% because he needs some in game time after the injury and this could be the perfect opportunity. Barca plays in the same way no matter who is on the pitch, they will still dominate and have the possession on their side. Guardiola won't be pleased to lose this one and will try to prevent underestimation of Shakhtar. I'll be taking Barca if the price goes back to 2.00 at least. Shakhtar have some issues in their defence and even the subs of Barca are going to be quite a pain in their arse plus Guardiola will have the stars sitting on the bench ready to come in if something goes wrong. I can't remember the last time when Barca was priced @ evens.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April Some people say Barca looks tired-maybe,but have you seen Shkahtar against Obolon?They looked even more tired and lost then Barca.The pressure is on Shakhtar as everyone expect them to win.Chairman Akhmetov said he wants his team to win no metter what.Barca will feel relaxed.Yes,they will probably rest players like Messi,Xavi,Villa but they still have quality players to score. Shakhtar possible line up: ----------------Pyatov---------------- Kobin---Rakitskiy--Ischenko---Shevchuk --------Hubshman----Fernandinho------ Costa-----------Jadson-----------Willian ----------------Eduardo---------------- If this line up stays then i just don't see how this team can beat Barca B.Eduardo showed nothing against Obolon,defence has no experince in this sort of matches,no captain,pressure,low morale. This is only my point of view and i might be wrong but....Also Shakhtar became some sort of public bet :lol so i'm going against the grain here. Took those bets few days ago but price has droped: Barca @2.25 Over 2.5 @1.75 Draw - Barca @4.75 Barca and over 2.5 @2.62 CS 1-2 @8.50 CS 1-3 @13 bet365 GL :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April United vs Chelsea Only chance for Torres to prove his worth , he played as subs in weekend which means he is going to start in this game. Expecting him to fire as this is the last chance for Chelsea to stay in any Race this year. Torres is nightmare for Vidic we know statistically but for now it seems getting pass United defense is tough. I dont think Torres will get better opportunity to show his magic. Expecting him to fire here and going with these two bets. Torres to score anytime @ 3.25 Torres to score Two or more goal @ 17 , Both at Bet365 Shaktar vs Barcelona Its a chilled weather where Barcelona players are not comfortable plus with slightly weak defense Shaktar will TRY to take advantage of the situation. They play attacking game plus they created lot many chances , they did in Camp Nou and i am sure they will do the same in front of their home crowd. Messi might start this game , i dont think Pep is going to take any risk what so ever. With villa and xavi resting , i see that the young Barca squad can score goals here as they follow the same tiki taka. Expecting goals from both side , so picking the Goals this time. Barcelona to win @ 1.9 Over2.5 @ 1.66 Over3.5 @ 2.62 , All at Bet365 :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April A legendary clash tonight when Manchester United face Chelsea to win a place in the Champions League semifinals. Many things can change, but such encounter will always be of high importance and the spirits will surely be high in the air. It's about honour and fans, it's about "who is who" in the Premier League and of course - the highly awaited ticket for the semifinal is at the stake. Only Ajax and Inter Milan have previously managed to overturn a first-leg home defeat and get through in a similar case, and no matter how odds are set, I think that most football fans can safely state that United have got the first chance tonight. As a Red Devils fan, I will be hoping that United get a good match and don't make any silly mistakes. However, as a bettor, I have another choice for tonight and let's talk about in the next paragraph: I take the over. I don't care that Torres hasn't scored for 648 minutes. I only know he's a super-striker and this can happen anytime. The Blues are not all about Torres anyway, they've got class and so many reasons to score tonight, and defending the 0-0 starting score won't pay the "bills". On the other hand, United have got one of the best attacks in the Premier League, with this guy Nani playing the season of his life and then Chicharito/Berbatov and Rooney always creating danger. None of the two teams has a very solid defence while both teams can easily score. The circumstances are also such created that Chelsea will have to play pushy right from the start, which means United can hit on the break. So all in all, I can smell good scoring opportunities for both sides and this total, 2.25, is not exactly a true reflection of what I think will happen. Manchester United v Chelsea over 2.25 @ 1.99 IBC

S........ If this line up stays then i just don't see how this team can beat Barca B.Eduardo showed nothing against Obolon,defence has no experince in this sort of matches,no captain,pressure,low morale. This is only my point of view and i might be wrong but....Also Shakhtar became some sort of public bet :lol so i'm going against the grain here. ....... GL :ok
shaktar public bet ??? .. might be in ukraine couse asians have 1/4 line favouring them since yesterday and that it is a lot of money on cules ...also most bookies .... now every man and his dog knows taking into account so much a domestic game it is probably not teh right thing to do when analizing european comp specially when big crunch time in europe comes :unsure imo odds on shaktar must bear some value somehwat ..... cheers :D

Some people say Barca looks tired-maybe,but have you seen Shkahtar against Obolon?They looked even more tired and lost then Barca. Shakhtar possible line up: ----------------Pyatov---------------- Kobin---Rakitskiy--Ischenko---Shevchuk --------Hubshman----Fernandinho------ Costa-----------Jadson-----------Willian ----------------Eduardo----------------
I underline that weekness of Shakhtar. Rat is blocked by cards. Srna and Chigrinsky are still injured. They did not play that good in first leg either. When Barca B is Bojan and Co. i don´t see Shakhtar defeat that Barca B. ....but just in case wait for line-up. I used to check it on sportinglife.com. Click left on "Football" and then little bit below on "live" on the left again. You find quite safe Line ups there half an hour before the game starts...that may help one...

A legendary clash tonight when Manchester United face Chelsea to win a place in the Champions League semifinals. Many things can change, but such encounter will always be of high importance and the spirits will surely be high in the air. It's about honour and fans, it's about "who is who" in the Premier League and of course - the highly awaited ticket for the semifinal is at the stake. Only Ajax and Inter Milan have previously managed to overturn a first-leg home defeat and get through in a similar case, and no matter how odds are set, I think that most football fans can safely state that United have got the first chance tonight. As a Red Devils fan, I will be hoping that United get a good match and don't make any silly mistakes. However, as a bettor, I have another choice for tonight and let's talk about in the next paragraph: I take the over. I don't care that Torres hasn't scored for 648 minutes. I only know he's a super-striker and this can happen anytime. The Blues are not all about Torres anyway, they've got class and so many reasons to score tonight, and defending the 0-0 starting score won't pay the "bills". On the other hand, United have got one of the best attacks in the Premier League, with this guy Nani playing the season of his life and then Chicharito/Berbatov and Rooney always creating danger. None of the two teams has a very solid defence while both teams can easily score. The circumstances are also such created that Chelsea will have to play pushy right from the start, which means United can hit on the break. So all in all, I can smell good scoring opportunities for both sides and this total, 2.25, is not exactly a true reflection of what I think will happen. Manchester United v Chelsea over 2.25 @ 1.99 IBC
Welcome to PL :welcome

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 12 April Shakhtar v/s Barcelona : Will Guardiola and co necessarily have an eye on the Classico when he prepares the team sheet for this clash? They have a comfortable cushion at the top and will have a one day's rest more than Real and in my opinion Real are resigned to second place. Another point is whether taking Messi and Villa to Russia and making them sit on the bench and 'rest' is a good idea? The travel in itself will bring its share of tiredness. There are too many parameters to take into account in this game as Barca need not win or even draw and Shakhtar may be resigned to go out even before they enter the pitch. Safer bet for me seems to back both teams to score.

Another point is whether taking Messi and Villa to Russia and making them sit on the bench
Russia :loon? man you have some serious problems if you still don't know that Shakhtar is from UKRAINE :lol

A legendary clash tonight when Manchester United face Chelsea to win a place in the Champions League semifinals. Many things can change, but such encounter will always be of high importance and the spirits will surely be high in the air. It's about honour and fans, it's about "who is who" in the Premier League and of course - the highly awaited ticket for the semifinal is at the stake. Only Ajax and Inter Milan have previously managed to overturn a first-leg home defeat and get through in a similar case, and no matter how odds are set, I think that most football fans can safely state that United have got the first chance tonight. As a Red Devils fan, I will be hoping that United get a good match and don't make any silly mistakes. However, as a bettor, I have another choice for tonight and let's talk about in the next paragraph: I take the over. I don't care that Torres hasn't scored for 648 minutes. I only know he's a super-striker and this can happen anytime. The Blues are not all about Torres anyway, they've got class and so many reasons to score tonight, and defending the 0-0 starting score won't pay the "bills". On the other hand, United have got one of the best attacks in the Premier League, with this guy Nani playing the season of his life and then Chicharito/Berbatov and Rooney always creating danger. None of the two teams has a very solid defence while both teams can easily score. The circumstances are also such created that Chelsea will have to play pushy right from the start, which means United can hit on the break. So all in all, I can smell good scoring opportunities for both sides and this total, 2.25, is not exactly a true reflection of what I think will happen. Manchester United v Chelsea over 2.25 @ 1.99 IBC
gonna follow you on this one.

Event Shakhtar vs Barcelona
Selection over 3
Strength 3/10
Date 12/04/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.47
Reasoning Barca has not been very effective in away games threw the last couple of seasons of CL but do their work at home. So Shakhtar has chances to win here if Barca is not focused and their 5:1 win for sure makes them a bit comfortable. Even if the team will be mixed the reserve players will do their best to show they belong in this team. Besides, Villa will play coz he is missing goals lately and Messi will probably play one half. Iniesta is suspended while Carles Puyol, Eric Abidal and Bojan Krkic are injured. That is nothing to the troubles that Shakhtar has missing 4 standard defensive players: captain Srna, Chygrynskiy, Kucher and Razvan Ratz while their striker Luiz Adriano is questionable. Shakhtar has options in attack but will be tested a lot in defensive part so I see this as a very open game with at least 3 goals.