EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March

agree with you and another suprise could be Estonia - Serbia game , so doublechance on Estonia is somwhere about 1.95 and i think it is worth trying because they are playing at home on awful pitch and serbia are without their main stars.
Estonia will lineup very defensively 4-5-1, with only one aim: to hold back Serbian attacks and try to counter. Many visiting teams have had hard times in Tallinn and especially now in late March since the club season just started and the pitches in Baltic countries are horrible. Spain NT Vincente Del Bosque criticised Lithuanian pitch for example, but the conditions are bad for everyone. But in Estonia it will be a bonus for home team due to playing styles and last experience from Uruguay match. Since Estonia has made many errors here against other qualifying hopefuls(Italy, Slovenia) I think Serbia will be too strong this time too. They took us lightly in the last game and Im sure we are going to see tougher, more focused Serbia side. Expecting Estonia to hold out until HT and then Serbia will score. My picks are: Under 1.5 2.85 @Unibet HT/FT X/2 5.25 @Unibet

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Just thought it was worth mentioning, to any Dutch backers, that Hungary will miss what appears to be their best striker, Szalai, tomorrow, and there's a decent enough doubt over their best player, highly-regarded left-winger Dzsudzsák. Without these two I'd imagine Hungary's game plan will be simply to keep the score down.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Romania/Belgium and Holland games for one team in each game not to score pays a handsome 1.92 at bet 365. I can't see Luxemburg scoring against Romania and Hungary if the reports are right will be missing their best striker and possibly best creative midfielder. I expect it to be a long night for them with them throwing plenty of people behind the ball. The dodgy one is Belgium v Azerbaijan who are not as bad as some people make out though I see Belgium as a good young side who should prevent them scoring. Belgium v Azerbaijan/Holland v Hungary/Romania v Luxemburg - One team not to score in each game treble 1.92 with bet365 GL Punters :hope

Just thought it was worth mentioning, to any Dutch backers, that Hungary will miss what appears to be their best striker, Szalai, tomorrow, and there's a decent enough doubt over their best player, highly-regarded left-winger Dzsudzsák. Without these two I'd imagine Hungary's game plan will be simply to keep the score down.
Also I don't think Holland will destroy Hungary again. Hungary played open football at home in front of their fans and it will be different story in Amsterdam. They will probably play 4-6-0 formation :lol So, can see narrow win for Holland, maybe 1-0 or 2-0. Most likely it will be NO BET for me.

Romania/Belgium and Holland games for one team in each game not to score pays a handsome 1.92 at bet 365. I can't see Luxemburg scoring against Romania and Hungary if the reports are right will be missing their best striker and possibly best creative midfielder. I expect it to be a long night for them with them throwing plenty of people behind the ball. The dodgy one is Belgium v Azerbaijan who are not as bad as some people make out though I see Belgium as a good young side who should prevent them scoring. Belgium v Azerbaijan/Holland v Hungary/Romania v Luxemburg - One team not to score in each game treble 1.92 with bet365 GL Punters :hope
Who are you referring to. Belgium or Azerbaijan, because I know that Azerbaijan is a good team at home in front of packed stadium, we have very bad record away from home.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Estonia - Serbia Pick: Home win I think that Estonia may win here. They will have the home advantage and it is very important here. Serbian fans can't travel to Estonia after the bad scenes from Italy. Even it is also important, something else is more - the frozen pitch. It is clear that the pitch will be awful at Lillekula Arena in Tallinn and I am sure Estonian players will be more familiar with that conditions. But Estonia is good team. They managed to win 3:1 against Serbia even as guest. The first match between Serbia and Estonia in this EURO 2012 campaign was played in Belgrade on 08.10.2010. Serbia scored first, but Tarmo Kink and Konstantin Vassiljev turn the result. The third goal was own goal scored by Serbian Lukovic. What I want to say is simple - when Estonia managed to win in Belgrade, then why not in Tallinn. Plus, Serbia is handicapped as two key midfielders are suspended. The captain Dejan Stankovic and Milos Krasic received yellow cards against Northern Ireland this Friday and now are banned. I am sure this is a big handicap for the coach Vladimir Petrovic. On contrary, the situation in Estonian squad is good as coach Tarmo Ruutli have no particular problems with injuries and suspensions (only Sergei Zenjov is out). Considering all previous mentioned, I think Estonia is closer to the victory.

Who are you referring to. Belgium or Azerbaijan' date=' because I know that Azerbaijan is a good team at home in front of packed stadium, we have very bad record away from home.[/quote'] Apologies - Azerbaijan as they are playing away from home

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Holland to win by 2 goals @4 Holland to win by 3 goals @4.75 Holland 2-1 @9 aggregated odds: Holland wins by 2 or 3 @1.95 push on 2-1 As it has been said, I don't think Hungary will be thrashed again. They tried to play open football at home with a pretty high defensive line, and it turned out to be a recipe for disaster. Unless they are totally clueless, they will change tactics, and Holland will probably settle on some 2-0 or 3-0. I'm even hedging the 2-1, in case one of the talented forwards or midfielders manage to score. Small stakes.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Similar bet to the one above. Romania v Luxembourg, Lithuania v Spain and , Sweden v Moldova treble. One team not to score in each match pays 1.72 with bet 365. Heard the pitch is pretty poor in Lithuania so rather than take Spain on the handicap where their usual style of football may be difficult I would rather take the chance that Lithuania wont score. I see Sweden being too accomplished for Moldova and I would be unbelievably suprised if Luxembourg manage to trouble the Romanian keeper. Worthy of medium stakes in my humble opinion.

Estonia - Serbia Pick: Home win I think that Estonia may win here. They will have the home advantage and it is very important here. Serbian fans can't travel to Estonia after the bad scenes from Italy. Even it is also important, something else is more - the frozen pitch. It is clear that the pitch will be awful at Lillekula Arena in Tallinn and I am sure Estonian players will be more familiar with that conditions. But Estonia is good team. They managed to win 3:1 against Serbia even as guest. The first match between Serbia and Estonia in this EURO 2012 campaign was played in Belgrade on 08.10.2010. Serbia scored first, but Tarmo Kink and Konstantin Vassiljev turn the result. The third goal was own goal scored by Serbian Lukovic. What I want to say is simple - when Estonia managed to win in Belgrade, then why not in Tallinn. Plus, Serbia is handicapped as two key midfielders are suspended. The captain Dejan Stankovic and Milos Krasic received yellow cards against Northern Ireland this Friday and now are banned. I am sure this is a big handicap for the coach Vladimir Petrovic. On contrary, the situation in Estonian squad is good as coach Tarmo Ruutli have no particular problems with injuries and suspensions (only Sergei Zenjov is out). Considering all previous mentioned, I think Estonia is closer to the victory.
Your reasons seem good as both suspended players for Serbia are key. I would rather take the +0.5 ah on Estonia at 1.95 or even the draw no bet for Estonia at 9/4 as you could increase you stake knowing that even with a draw you would get your money back :ok

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Turkey - Austria Pick: Home win The main reason for my pick is situation in Austria squad. Three key players are sidelined with injuries and coach Dietmar Constantini will be without the services of captain Marc Janko, Franz Schiemer and Zlatko Junuzovic for the match in Istanbul. The atmosphere in the squad is very bad after they lost 2:0 from Belgium at home during the last weekend. Finally, it is not easy to play in Istanbul. The atmosphere will be very hot and I expect Turkey to win here. After the series of bad results Turkish coach Hidink know this is the crucial match for Turkey. The defeat from Germany was somehow expected, but the defeat from Azerbaijan surely was one of the biggest surprises in all qualification groups. Now Turkey have no other option then strongly to attack from the very first minute. Coach Hidink has good squad (it is expected he will start with Volkan Demirel, Gokhan Gonul, Gokhan Zan, Servet Cetin, Hakan Balta, Hamit Altintop, Selcuk Inan, Nuri Sahin, Arda Turan, Semih Senturk and Cenk Tosun), while Austria is in deep troubles. So, I expect home win in Istanbul.

Your reasons seem good as both suspended players for Serbia are key. I would rather take the +0.5 ah on Estonia at 1.95 or even the draw no bet for Estonia at 9/4 as you could increase you stake knowing that even with a draw you would get your money back :ok
Might really consider that. Stankovic is a key miss and even though they have maybe one of the best central defenders in the world in Ivanovic and Vidic, they seem not being able to play together.

Similar bet to the one above. Romania v Luxembourg, Lithuania v Spain and , Sweden v Moldova treble. One team not to score in each match pays 1.72 with bet 365. Heard the pitch is pretty poor in Lithuania so rather than take Spain on the handicap where their usual style of football may be difficult I would rather take the chance that Lithuania wont score. I see Sweden being too accomplished for Moldova and I would be unbelievably suprised if Luxembourg manage to trouble the Romanian keeper. Worthy of medium stakes in my humble opinion.
If you want to see the state of the Lithuanian pitch, just type in Lithuania 2-0 Poland on Youtube, which was played on Friday. Looks poor, but I imagine Spain can cope on it.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Match Serbia-Estonia in October was played during very negative period for Serbian team so I think it shouldn't be taken too much as relevant factor. Accumulated tension between former coach Radomir Antić and Serbian FA resulted in sacking him and hiring Vladimir Petrović before match with Estonia. At about that time first Serbian goalkeeper Vladimir Stojković moved from Sporting to Partizan, altough he played for their biggest rival Zvezda earlier which caused frustration among many fans. On that match majority of people were booing to Stojković which created enormously negative atmosphere on the pitch which was, for me, key thing that led to Estonians' triumph. Vladimir Petrović is not a coach without expierience. He previously led U21 Serbian team and reach the final of European championships. Last year he was also incharged in Red Star and was sacked without any appaerant reason when his team, which has never been worse in history, was ahead of Partizan who later managed to reach UEFA Champions league stages. Many people in Serbia think that he is not the best solution for the national team, but I believe he has the ability to bring back our team in top of European football. Since Petrović took command over national team, we managed to beat Bulgaria and Israel in friendly matches. First match was not so good, but we looked very strong against Israel, where it is always hard to play. On Friday was very strange match against Notrhern Ireland. After Ljajić missed an empty net, N. Ireland took the lead near the halftime and had great chance to score second goal. In second half, when Jovanović and Ninković came in, our team took control and turn things around. As for tomorrow's game, I really think that Serbia is one level above Estonians, who are, in my modest opinion, overrated. Home team already lost two big matches at home and Serbia is certainly not worse team than Slovenia. As for the missings; Krasić is in very bad form in Juve, so his absence shouldn't be felt too much (he didn't do anything special in match against N. Ireland), much needed player is Stanković, but Ninković and Milijaš who is playing really good for Wolves lately should do the job. As for the bad pitch, it could be a factor that would help the home team, but I think that the difference in class is too big. Serbia to win 1,8 local Goodluck to you all tomorrow :hope

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March The one bet that jumps out to me at the moment is Belgium -1.75 @1.88 with betfair. I rate this young Belgian team very highly and believe that they are improving with each game they play. They beat Austria 2-0 away from home on Friday and I'd expect them to follow that up with a comfortable home win against Azerbaijan. I can't see anything less than a two goal win and I'm happy to take a half win if that happens. I think it'll be 3 or 4 though.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Just layed Czech Republic @ 1.05 on Betfair. To be honest I don't think the Czechs are as good as the odds suggest, nor Lietchtenstein as bad. They are capable off putting in a solid defensive performance and this bet leaves open the opportunity of backing them at HT if it is still 0-0, and potentially making a decent profit without much risk.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Been researching into the Czech Republic vs Lietchtenstein match, and the odds just do not seem right at all. I mainly use bet365 to place my bets and would be very happy to back Lietchtenshein on some form of handicap which they don't offer. Not usre if these are the best odds, but on PaddyPower +3.0EH and +4.0EH for Lietchtenshein are being offered at 2.50 and 1.67 respectively. Might stick to the safer option and back the +4.0EH, as I do not see the Czechs running rampant against their opposition as the last time they met the Czechs won 2-0 away from home. All things said I think it is worth opposing the Czechs on some form of a handicap. What do people think of opposing Czechs on the handicaps mentioned above?

Been researching into the Czech Republic vs Lietchtenstein match' date=' and the odds just do not seem right at all. I mainly use bet365 to place my bets and would be very happy to back Lietchtenshein on some form of handicap which they don't offer. Not usre if these are the best odds, but on PaddyPower +3.0EH and +4.0EH for Lietchtenshein are being offered at 2.50 and 1.67 respectively. Might stick to the safer option and back the +4.0EH, as I do not see the Czechs running rampant against their opposition as the last time they met the Czechs won 2-0 away from home. All things said I think it is worth opposing the Czechs on some form of a handicap. What do people think of opposing Czechs on the handicaps mentioned above?[/quote'] It's a good option and if you saw my earlier post you can see that I took more riskier approach. However, I might even take Liechtenstein on a handicap as a cover up, or just wait for in-play odds and see how the game goes.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March International Soccer 2011 Overall 1W-1L-0P -0.31 units (50.00%) Estonia +0.5 -105 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Was on the edge with this play, read threw some stuff here and you guys talked me into it :cheers

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Israel – Georgia Georgia will be very motivated after wining at home against Croatia this weekend. After that win they now have a real chance of qualifying to EURO 2012 and if they continue to play good football they certainly will. Georgia is unbeaten in their last 10 games, including away win against Greece. Israel has been inconsistent in their last games, including home loses against Croatian and Serbia, as well as away loss to Greece. Israel also won their last game. However, wining against Latvia is not like wining against your main rival for qualification. I believe it will be hard for Georgia to win here but I certainly can see them continuing their unbeaten run. Draw @ 3.50 Ladbrokes

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Israel - Georgia=Georgia +0.5 HA (1.97) bet365 Israel position 4° points 7 Georgia position 3° points 9 Preview: Israel: in doubt: Yossi Benayoun (midfielder 2p/3gol). Georgia: injured: Zhan Ananidze (midfielder); absent: Gogita Gogua (midfielder 5p/0gol). Israel has a score of w2-d1-l2 goals scored 7 goals against 6 while Georgia has a score of w2-d3-l0 goals scored 4 goals against 2. Georgia is doing a great qualifying campaign, is a squdra very careful, tricky difficult to tackle. It has the best defense in the group with only 2 goals conceded in 5 games. Hardly factor field can better combat the constant performance of the visiting team. A draw is highly likely. :hope:hope:hope

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Northern Ireland - Slovenia =Slovenia 0 HA (1.82) bet365 Northern Ireland position 5° points 5 Slovenia position 2° points 7 Preview: Northern Ireland: Suspended: David Healy (striker 4p/0gol); injured: Kyle Lafferty (4p/1gol striker), Aaron Hughes (defender 4p/0gol). Slovenia: in doubt: Tim Matavz (3p/3gol striker); Pending: Bostjan Cesar (defender 5p/0gol). Northern Ireland has a score of w1-d2-l1 goals scored 3 goals against 3 while Slovenia has a score of w2-d1-l2 goals scored 7 goals against 4. If Slovenia wants to still hope to get a result against Northern Ireland and with players like Bacinovic, Ilicic, Andjelkovic, Milivoje Novakovic, Zlatko Dedic this is possible. :hope:hope:hope

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Turkey - Austria = 1 (1.53) Totosì Turkey position 4° points 6 Austria position 3° points 7 Preview: Turkey: absent: Emre Belezoglu (midfielder 4p/0gol). Austria: injured: Sebastien Prödl (defender), Veli Kavlak (midfielder), Marc Janko (attacker 2p/0gol), Franz Schiemer (defender 3p/2gol), Zlatko Junuzovic (midfielder 3p/0gol). Turkey has a score of w2-d0-l2 goals scored 6 goals against 6 while Austria has a score-w2-d1-l1 goals scored 9 goals against 6. Teams in perfect equality. The home team has the factor of its field over many absences mean that in the region of the country can win the game. :hope:hope:hope

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Netherlands to score 5+ vs Hungary. 6.50 @ Skybet 2pts Netherlands beat Hungary in Budapest four days ago by 4-0, now they will face each other in Amsterdam. The match in Budapest produced all four goals in the first 62 minutes, so there still was some time for the Dutch to get a goal or two more. Now playing at home I think they can score 5 or more goals for sure. They hammered Hungary in their last home match, beating them 6-1 in a friendly last June and similar scoreline would not suprise me at all. Certainly worth a shot at odds like this.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March N.Ireland v Slovenia - 5pts LAY N.Ireland @ 3.25 Betfair Northern Ireland came away with all three points when the teams met in Slovenia but I fancy the visitors to come away with something here. Northern Ireland have struggled getting wins, winning just one of their last 16 international matches which was the match in Slovenia. The visitors aren't the best of sides but they normally put up a good fight, they haven't lost a match by two goals in 22 Internationals which is a pretty large stat. They held Italy for a long time at the weekend and it'll be interesting to see how N.Ireland respond to losing a 1-0 lead in Serbia.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March I completely agree with slizorn and Mustafa about the Czech Republic vs Lietchtenstein game. Bet365 already offered AH, Lietchtenstein+3 @2.10 which looks like a gift to me and I gladly took it. Only Spain managed to beat this handicap and I can't see Czech doing that. I can see many backers of Turkey here, sure Turkey is the favorite but I think the price aint worth taking the risk. I mean Austria is still one position above Turkey and despite the loss against Belgium they still have quite good chances and won't give up that easy. Price of 1.50 is way to low although Turkey is likely to win.

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Lithuania v Spain, Lithuania Draw No Bet 7/1 Yes this might sound crazy but Lithania are one of those european teams that used to get destroyed every match and are now gathering decent results here and there and its just a matter of time before they qualify for their 1st major tournament. The main reason for this bet though is that the pitch is " a dirt track " as described by Iniesta, the match may not even go ahead but if it does Spain will not be able to play their passing game. They have got the big Llorente to aim balls at but it still wont be their natural game. But besides that , the Lits have had some good wins here beating Austria and Sebia at the WC qualifiers and only going down 1-0 to france home and away. They have players in various top leagues in europe including the premier league and russian top flight. They will be highly motivated as the world and european champions are coming to town as Scotland were too and gave Spain a very decent game. Spain have maximum points and are run away leaders in the group ( because the team in 2nd Czech Rep lost a home game to Lithuania 1-0) so they can well afford to drop points here. Watch Out

Re: EURO 2012 Qualifiers - Tuesday 29 March Both sides have some missings and at first glance missings in Northern Ireland squad look more important than missing of our main CD Cesar, who will be replaced with Mavric-Rozic, player with similar qualities (strong, good in the air, lacks pace) but definitely not the same overall quality. I know that Lafferty is quite fast, so his missing is definitely a blow, as is Healy's and maybe most important of all missings is A. Hughes, the rock at the back of N. Ireland defense and if J. Evans will not be ready (i expect him in starting line-up) that will be a huge blow for the hosts. There is a chance of rain during the game and if we know that pitch on Windsor park is not in good shape we can expect an underish game with host trying to defend and create something on counter or through set pieces, while Slovenia will probably have more possesion, but will find it hard to penetrate through N. Ireland defence. There are some indications that we will see formation change for this very important game, from usual 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1, but that is not confirmed and we will have to wait till official line-ups will be out. To sum up, i expect underish games with a narrow win for Slovenia.