BBOTD 14th March

Re: BBOTD 14th March

5.30 Wincanton - Buddy Bolero 1pt win at 5/1 Bet365 Those with experience don't really catch the eye so ill go with this Warren Geatrix trained newcomer. Due to run at Kemp on gd/sft on 26/02 but declared a NR , conditions of gd/frm today so poss they were waiting for better ground.An article in the Telegraph did say it was working well at home so could be a decent type. Buddy Bolero is a brother to Finger on the Pulse who was a winner on debut in a bumper over in Ireland at Leopardstown and Is also related to bumper winners Ice Warrior & Quadco so on pedrigee has a great chance of winning fto. Trainer 5-21 In bumpers past few seasons and 2/7 this year. Obvious danger is newcomer from Hendersons with mccoy on board and can ready them but hope its not today.
Wrote this on Fri but was a NR , same conditions tomorrow with Scales and Hobbs Jawaary biggest dangers 5.10 Stratford - Buddy Bolero win at sp

Re: BBOTD 14th March 4.10 Stratford Veiled Applause comes here in good heart after a spell back on the flat. Costello opts for this one over its stable mate which is a strong signal that he is the more fancied of the two. Will like the ground and is very well in here so should go very close. 1pt Win 13/2 Hills

Re: BBOTD 14th March Timmy Murphy only has the 2 rides today at Plumpton, he has 1 in the 1st, and he has 1 in the last. If i know Timmy he would not be hanging around for the last race for nothing. Timmy rode the mare last time out and came home 5th, that was a fair effort taking into account her last run before that was back in March 2010. Interesting owners along with the trainer, lets hope Timmy's long wait from his first ride in the first to his 2nd ride in the last pays off for all connections. Plumpton 5:00 - Midnight Ocean. 1pt win - 7/1 Bet365 Happy Monday.

Re: BBOTD 14th March 1 point win no virtue 16.40 stratford @ sp im going for a bit of an outsider in this small field,with a 2/7 predicted odds on shot(cork all star) i thing the prices for the other 6 runners in the race will be decent value and out of them my vote goes for no virtue,3 star rated with sportinglife and carrying bottom weight,it was backed in from 14/1 to 15/2 sp on the 3rd of march so i believe connections think its in decent form,i would have done it e/w but with only 7 runners 1 point win is the bet:hope

Re: BBOTD 14th March 4:40 Stratford - Cork All Star - Back Another odds on shot that looks bombproof here. He had a patchy record under rules but a great record in point-to-points before his run to. He quashed all reservations about himself undr rules by hacking up. He should do the same again here and will then be looking to move up the grades 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD 14th March S4.10 Kings Revenge 0.5pt E/W 16/1 William Hill The horse will find todays ground more to its liking and may capitalise today having dropped quite a bit in the handicap and with the jockey taking off a further 7lb. I'm not too familiar with the jockey but he's won 2 from 10 this season and has a good level stakes profit. In a open race, the 16/1 looks like fair e/w value.

Re: BBOTD 14th March 220 Taunton: Balerina (8/11PP) Poor days racing and the only confident bet for me would be Balerina in the first at Taunton. Alan Kings filly won a condtional jockeys handicap at Kempton so escapes a penalty here and that is much the better form on offer, her third last time was a good run as well and has the experience over the Henderson newcomer who could be the danger. 8/11 looks fair enough, I would have her 4/7ish.

S4.10 Kings Revenge 0.5pt E/W 16/1 William Hill The horse will find todays ground more to its liking and may capitalise today having dropped quite a bit in the handicap and with the jockey taking off a further 7lb. I'm not too familiar with the jockey but he's won 2 from 10 this season and has a good level stakes profit. In a open race, the 16/1 looks like fair e/w value.
This one is now a non runner, so I'd like to replace it with T3.20 Hail Caesar 1pt Win 11/1 Stan James Stan James are a standout price on this and I don't see it lasting too long, it's as short as 8/1 elsewhere. I'm very much expecting an "all or nothing" type performance from this horse today. The key is whether the trainer who's only had the horse for 2 runs, has been just running the horse on unsuitable ground with a view to getting its handicap mark down for a decent run on faster ground. On its last 2 runs you couldn't fancy it at all, but off this mark and at this price, I think it's worth a go.

Re: BBOTD 14th March 1pt win BERNARD 5.20 TAUNTON 10/1 SJ BOG won lto although that was in november and the break is a serious concern here. however this isnt the strongest race and if he is ready to go after that break then he could well be involved. should be in the mixer and at 10/1 a solid eway shout but il take a chnace on the cheekpieces working wonders and go win!:hope

4.20pm @ Taunton 'Man Of Leisure' 6/1 (ladbrokes) Really good form recently, aside from last run in amateur race which wasn't the best but I tend to overlook amateur rider form if the jockey isn't a regular pilot, so leaving that aside, finished in front of of few of these previously, repeat of which makes it a definite contender here. Today's jockey has ridden it a few times with decent results, longer in betting than Monsieur who he has finished in front of last twice they've met and my selection is on much better terms as well. The more I read the mor that price looks very good value. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD 14th March 4.20 Taunton Orang Outan ew @ 13/2 Bet 365 Decent hurdler when with James Ewart and landed a gamble at Towcester last time out after a long lay off on debut for new stable. Goes up 8 lbs for that win but with David Bass taking off the 3 and with the step up trip suiting still has chance here.

Re: BBOTD 14th March Plump 2.30 - Manmoon - win at 3/1 BOG with Wm Hill Only five runners here for the handicap chase and it looks a very poor event My selection is the only CD winner in the field and has won a couple of races this season over fences so at least we know he can win......... The other 4 runners have got adverse comments in the Post, like - not a natural chaser, stopped very quickly the last twice, unprovan on ground and not at best lately Given the poor nature of the race I reckon 3/1 looks a good bet given that there's only 5 runners and my one has been tipped up by both the Post and the Life............

Re: BBOTD 14th March 16:10 Strat Shadrack - 5 Length winner off 103 last March then a summer break and needed run for a distant 8th of 114 in early Oct. Then has a go of chasing in late Oct and was going reasonably well disputing 2nd until a bad fall at the last in the back straight. Running of 113 today and reverting back to hurdles for a confidence booster but if in a rhythm earlier on will make a fight of it. 0.5EW 14/1 Victor Chandler

Re: BBOTD 14th March 5.00pm Plumpton WHERES JOHNNY 0.5pts EW at 16/1 Ladcrooks BOG Fancy this horse to be in the mix today, track regular with all wins at Plumpton, hoping the better ground might suit him as fairly poor performances in recent times. Mattie Batchelor seems to get the best out of this horse but stiff competition in this one.

Re: BBOTD 14th March 3.40 Stratford Royal Kicks 12/1 VC Bet Returns to chasing after a couple of really poor runs over hurdles. This horse won back in October over 3m and was then quickly turned out at Cheltenham where he disappointed. Next run at Kempton he jumped terribly and never got in the race and as then had 2 disappointing efforts over hurdles. Return to chasing here should suit and hopefully he can brush up on his jumping. Ground and trip are not a worry and the horse can probably still be competitive off this weight. Stable in good form so I am happy to take a chance on this horse today

Re: BBOTD 14th March 4.10 Stratford: Veiled Applause 1pt win @ 7/1 PP BOG Decent flat horse who has been tried over hurdles a few times in the past. On the best of those efforts a mark of 118 could be quite lenient as looked likely winner on 2nd start in handicap company in 2009. In this class of contest with stable in decent heart I think that the available 7/1 is a decent bet and my pound will be down (sure to choke it now :tongue2).

Re: BBOTD 14th March 5:00 Wheres Johnny @ Plumpton - Was in pretty good form last year and was put up in the weights for that form.Is coming back down the weights today and has the jockey onboard that has won all its races to date.The ground won't be a problem and can go close at a big price 0.5pt E/W @ 16/1 Ladbrokes