** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Anything goes thread

ok, hope you all take this as it is meant, but chat, comment, views, jockeys, trainers, horses, prices, bookies, grub, beer, experiences, this is the place for it to be honest, anything you want to say that is just banter please keep in here to keep out of the race threads. :ok Lets just keep it sensible though lads and lasses and no nonsense !

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anything goes thread well, we are only about 12 days away from the start, i always worry about the weather a bit as the winter tends to drag on these days and hopefully the weather will warm up for a decent festival with little rain. Good to soft would be my optimum ground but not too fast.

Re: Anything goes thread jesus, i have so much to put in now i can see the decs have reduced a little. My trends will be my main focus but also must take into account the stats i keep to at the festival from previous years. Got to get the papers in next week to pick up on the snippets of info, so will buy the Weekender next week as they always do a decent paper. Also, going along to Newbury on Weds night to thier preview night which is always worth going to. Then after all that, just pray !!

Re: Anything goes thread

Anyone going this year? Am going Gold Cup day (tatts)' date=' been told it'll be rammed but it's all arranged! Can't wait![/quote'] i've been twice in 1990 and 1991, just love watching it now from the living room with all the technology at my fingertips have a great time BKI, should see Big Bucks bringing home the trophy again and your cross kennon snatching a place :loon

Re: Anything goes thread Did you know Montjeu has never sired a winner at Cheltenham, let alone at the festival? I didnt when I put my hard earned down on Hurricane Fly :lol (PS, the stat taken from Paul Jones, excellent book) Edit: just seen Rat mention it in another thread!

I hope he wins but very temped by Peddler's Cross at this moment in time and might make that my main bet. What a race it shapes up to be' date=' the race of the meeting?[/quote'] Binocular, Peddlars, menorah what a race not sure i could even think of a bet at this stage, my head hurts ! wont be on HF though, i dont like horses that havent any chelt form or even any english form Peddlars i think will be very popular on the day, i hope they go 7/2 the field

Re: Anything goes thread It is a cracker race the champion hurdle really looking forward to it. DON'T write off Khyber Kim was a very poor run in the xmas hurdle but he was found to be sick after. Twister wanted another go at this race after his 2nd last year and he will be spot on for this and lack of racing wont be a problem as is best when fresh. Very quirky horse but equally talented has been forgotten about before and is too easily dismissed by a lot in this but thats good as i got 25's 4 places with SJ:nana. GO KK

Re: Anything goes thread Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy. Am getting too old for the racing buzz, a week on tuesday its time. Since Aug 2010 till Dec 2010 i,ve been backing one horse Anti Post for the festival, sure he took a wee knock from Menorah but come on members Menorah is a year older than Cue Card, if Mr Colin Tizzard has him wound up 100% for the day who's going to beat him ? I just loved what Colin said last week, he said yes Phil Hobbs has a good horse in Menorah and maybe one day we will have a re-match, however he has a good horse but we have a HELL of a horse. Strong words members. He could pay for one HELL of a summer. Cue-Card-Cheltenham-2010-300x240.jpg Show us what ya' got Joe.

Re: Anything goes thread I'm going for the first time on the tuesday. Really looking forward to it, especially the Champion hurdle where I hope Menorah shows enough stamina up the hill to win. Got tix for the Guinness grandstand, anyone been here before? The stand is near the last fence/hurdle, so a little way from the finish. Is there a big TV screen opposite so I can see the finish? If I have a good day on tues and tix are still available on the day, I might go weds as well. Hotel is booked for the weekend before through to weds morning, so planning on cotswolds driving over the weekend and monday, then the climax of chelters racing on tuesday. By saying good day, I mean Cue Card, Ghizao, Junior, Minorah, Another Jewel, Sparky May & Nadiya de la vega. Any 3 will do. :unsure plus the placepot obviously.:dude

Re: Anything goes thread yea i have been once but was in the bestmate stand just facing finish line, first day got blew off that year,so they crammed all races into 3 days, was down plenty, till denman won pulled me right back,wont b backing him this year lol, and yes there is a big tv for vewing, gl all and win big:cheers

Re: Anything goes thread taken from the racing post According to Saturday's 16-day forecast by Weatheroutlook.com, snow could fall at the course next Wednesday and again on the Sunday and Monday before the meeting. In Claisse's forecasts provided by former BBC weatherman John Kettley there has been no mention of snow. "John Kettley has given me a forecast that goes beyond his normal seven days but I am not taking a huge amount of notice of it," he said. "He wasn't predicting snow anyway. Even if it is forecasting that, there is nothing I can do. "The positive thing is that we are ready to race. Preparations will be complete tomorrow in terms of mowing. If snow comes, it comes."

Re: Anything goes thread There has been some freakish weather in the last few years at the festival. Really could do without snow this year though. I am going Tuesday and Friday. Tuesday should be immense- the roar as the Supreme novices starts is like nothing else. Anyway, I have read a few things on here about this Montjeu stat so i thought I would have a look. For me personally i really think that Menorah is the horse to be on- i have had some history with this horse- I stubbornly refused to back it last year for the supreme as it had got beat at haydock after being well in front and dickie johnsomn let it stop on the run in. That was the 8th horse in a goliath and the only 1 that didn't win! i felt pretty sick. Since then i have been impressed every time. I follow stats at cheltenham and they suggest Menorah is up against it but the performance carry so much weight against Cue Card is, I think, very impressive. I can't fail to be impressed with Hurricane Fly - 7 grade 1 wins for a horse that always seems to be injured is pretty good. I will probably back both on the day. Any one of 5 /6 could win what shoudl be an amazing race but you can't back them all. Finally though, in order to justify this post, since January 2006 44 horses sired by Montjeu have ran at Cheltenham. Not all have been well fancied but the races, horses, finishing positions and odds should be below: The bold lines are at the festival....

Re: Anything goes thread Tuesday, Mar 15 More Details 18.gif rain. Winds from the NW at 6 km/h. Realfeel®: 11 °C High: 8 °C Tuesday Night, Mar 15 More Details 33.gif clear. Winds from the NNE at 14 km/h. Realfeel®: -6 °C Wednesday, Mar 16 More Details 01.gif plenty of sunshine. Winds from the NNE at 11 km/h. Realfeel®: 6 °C High: 6 °C Wednesday Night, Mar 16 More Details 38.gif mostly cloudy. Winds from the NNE at 8 km/h. Realfeel®: -3 °C Low: -3 °C Thursday, Mar 17 More Details 03.gif partly sunny. Winds from the NNE at 9 km/h. Realfeel®: 6 °C High: 7 °C Thursday Night, Mar 17 More Details 38.gif mostly cloudy. Winds from the ENE at 8 km/h. Realfeel®: 1 °C Low: 1 °C Friday, Mar 18 More Details 04.gif clouds and sun. Winds from the E at 14 km/h. Realfeel®: 6 °C High: 9 °C Friday Night, Mar 18 More Details 07.gif cloudy. Winds from the E at 17 km/h. Realfeel®: -6 °C Low: -1 °C i always find accuview fairly accurate, some cold nights but temps rise during the day, no mild weather !

Re: Anything goes thread Is that a joke mate? Billions of pounds worth of satellites up there and they can't predict the weather in six hours time. If you look at three sites they will all give you variations for the same town and the met' office's own forecast changes from hour to hour. In short, they couldn't find their own arse with a guide dog, let alone find out what the weather will be like nine days in advance.

Can anyone let me know how to post a table as a table please? I did it yesterday without any problems but not sure what is happening today!
Tables don't always post correctly in Firefox, might need to use IE. :ok