** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Anything goes thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anything goes thread

Focusing on the main races' date=' leaving the bumpers, hunters chases etc but will be trying to get involved in the handicaps this season, focusing on improvers rather than those sliding down the handicap. Setting yourself up to fail if you bet in every race in my opinion. It's hard enough finding one or two winners never mind 6 or 7. If I don't have a strong opinion on a race I'll leave it as a watch only. I haven't got Racing UK and don't see the point of ordering it for 1 month so will have to watch the last few races in the bookies or via bet365 and put minimal bet on for live coverage.[/quote'] i find though sometimes Phil that some of the races hide a few gens in there, might be 30 runners but its a field of 10 or 12 for me after taking out all the horses that dont fit the cheltenham profile. will be watching on RUK round my dads probably weds/thurs/fri with tues on C4 and b365 stream for those not onj tv cant wait

i find though sometimes Phil that some of the races hide a few gens in there, might be 30 runners but its a field of 10 or 12 for me after taking out all the horses that dont fit the cheltenham profile. will be watching on RUK round my dads probably weds/thurs/fri with tues on C4 and b365 stream for those not onj tv cant wait
I'm hoping Tidal Bay is one of those gems. ;) It shouldn't win but i'll get 8-1 the place if it's first 4, I just think it will relish running on past beaten horses if it can keep up with the leading pack. I'm on Kalahari King at 20-1, posted up ante post, loving that it's now well fancied, dodgy old Ferdy has laid it out for this race. :hope

I'm hoping Tidal Bay is one of those gems. ;) It shouldn't win but i'll get 8-1 the place if it's first 4' date=' I just think it will relish running on past beaten horses if it can keep up with the leading pack. I'm on Kalahari King at 20-1, posted up ante post, loving that it's now well fancied, dodgy old Ferdy has laid it out for this race. :hope[/quote'] was just talking to my dad about tidal bay today, i think it could go well and get a place however i also thought it could have taken the ryanair on instead, KK will be stopping up the hill and wil be prone to the likes of Somersby coming at it (please Hen, run it in this race!) KK could be 5/2 on the day is Hen decides on the Champion Chase instead. You could say that 2m 5f trip would b too short for Tidal but i think it could do itself justice. I have backed KK every year and havent this year (sods law), when Forpady beat it in the arkle by a short head, i was looking at a decent payout that week but that is history now!

Re: Anything goes thread Bowles - you say your leaving the cross country race alone - shame I think its a good earner when running to order - last years was a bit of a mess they all bunched up and horses got hampered badly.I think it would be amazing odds against that happening again so the race should be run to order - Edna Bolger and jp mcmanus will be loking for a winner on the first day so my reccommendation is to just blindly do each ways on all the bolger horses I can see 2 or 3 getting placed . Garde Champetre 9/2 L'Ami 5/1 King Johns Castle 14/1 Freneys Well 25/1 1/4 odds a place :ok

was just talking to my dad about tidal bay today, i think it could go well and get a place however i also thought it could have taken the ryanair on instead, KK will be stopping up the hill and wil be prone to the likes of Somersby coming at it (please Hen, run it in this race!) KK could be 5/2 on the day is Hen decides on the Champion Chase instead. You could say that 2m 5f trip would b too short for Tidal but i think it could do itself justice. I have backed KK every year and havent this year (sods law), when Forpady beat it in the arkle by a short head, i was looking at a decent payout that week but that is history now!
Seeing Tidal Bay staying on at the end of its last race I felt it would be suited by the Gold Cup trip. Similarly I feel KK will be suited by 2m5f, stayed on last time out when not able to go the pace with the 2 milers but certainly not disgraced. Tranquil Sea out of the race now so it will be Poquelin and KK attracting the money. They said yesterday that Somersby is going for the Champion Chase rather than the Ryanair, wrong option for me but I'm not the trainer.

Re: Anything goes thread In 2003 Jim Culloty was a guest on the morning line - Best Mate won. In 2004 Jim Culloty was a guest on the morning line - Best Mate won. In 2005 Barry Geraghty was a guest on the morning line - Kicking King won. In 2007 Ruby Walsh was a guest on the morning line - Kauto Star won. In 2008 Sam Thomas was a guest on the morning line - Denman won. In 2009 Ruby walsh was a guest on the morning line - Kauto Star won. Who was on last year 2010 ? This years guest on Gold cup day is - Mr Sam Waley Cohen.

Re: Anything goes thread It is hard to imagine Tidal Bay winning but he does look good for a place. I thank Phil for pointing out the 4 place SJ special 4 places becuase I think it looks a corker. He actually has form this season as well to back that up. :lol Jimmy as well, one for the trend men! Long Run has a great chance to be fair. You have that niggle about his Chelt form but someone went to the yard the other day and said they have never seen a horse look so well ever. I have not bet on him, might on the day but I think I actually want him to win the race for the new breed. i just cannot have Kauto at all, even at the prices and would rather back Denman EW at the prices. Again vibes have been good from the yard about Denman

Re: Anything goes thread anyone know how to watch cheltenham online ? i have found a site to view c4 online but because our work broadband is routed through holland it wont let me view it :unsure any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks beaker1

anyone know how to watch cheltenham online ? i have found a site to view c4 online but because our work broadband is routed through holland it wont let me view it :unsure any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks beaker1
Hi. You could watch re-runs over at sportinglife.com Any help ? / or listen on 5 live

Re: Anything goes thread try www.myp2p.eu beaker Day 1: I've never hidden the fact on here that I'm a big fan of Graham Lee, and despite their rather horrible year, even Ferdy's yard (come Spring). I still have Kalahari King (20s Yeehaa), Galant Nuit and de Boitron later in the week, but first off day 1, I think they have some great chances. Firstly Graham is on King Fontaine for Malky Jefferson in the 3m chase. His winning run came to a halt at Haydock in a bog, but back on GS ground he isn't hopeless. Graham is on Overturn in the Champion Hurdle, the Galway Plate winner wasn't too far behind Binocular in the Christmas Hurdle on his first run and last time out hated the going at Wincanton. He has an e/w squeak. GL is on La Vecchia Scuola in the Mare's race at 33s and again, the Cesarewich 2nd isn't a forlorn hope. Katie Walsh is on last year's 4m winner Poker de Sivola in the Xcountry where 10s 7lbs gives him a chance against a few ageing types. Graham and Ferdy team up in the new 2 and a half mile race on Divers who won well at Musselburgh last month when I was at the course. I have a gut feeling that Graham and Ferdy will do well this spring, I think the signs are that they're coming into form.

Re: Anything goes thread anyone excited yet? Going in with a few mates to do an ew L63 each day also hoping for a nice payout on the big prices available each day last year managed a profit over the 4 days on multiples so got to give it a go. Just 10p ew L63 £12.60 a day. off to get some prices today on tomorrow's events.

Re: Anything goes thread Good luck with those Lucky 63's BOWLES :ok I had some Antipost small e/w Goliath bets - do it every year but BINOCULAR non-runner has now reduced some to 7 runner multiples - touch wood they are still running at the moment. Its the chance you take - if you want good prices. Only big E/W - I got was Sizing Europe in the Champion Chase got it at 14/1 - Hoping this year is not the year when the Arkle Winner stat does not work .

Re: Anything goes thread CHELTENHAM SIRES the most talked about sire stat at cheltenham is related to "HURRICANE FLY,S" sire "MONTJEU" who has never bred a winner in 44 runners at cheltenham, "nobel prince" second fav for the jewson is also by montjeu, Another leading sire "beneficial" has had only one winner from 28 runners, On the positave side "KINGS THEATRE" sire of menorah and cue card has a 20 % strike rate, which is a positave for "captain chris" in the jewson, Flemingsforth sire of , imperial comander, tidal bay,time for rupert, and festival debutant "pandorama" has a 14% strike rate, rising to 36% for top three finishes, " Presenting" has a 53% strike rate for win and place, at 3miles plus over fences, "jessies dream" RSA chase, looks a placepot banker, ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KINGS THEATRE overall chelt record 14 wins from 78 runs 18% lsp +£44,24 festival record 4 wins from 21 runs 19% lsp+£41,38 2011 representatives menorah-cue card-banjaxed girl-captain chris-the minack-old macdonald FLEMENSFIRTH overall chelt record 19 from 110 17% +£50.85 festival record 5 from 36 14% +£33.00 imperial commander-tidal bay-pandorama-time for rupert-the midnight club ACCORDION (very interesting) o.c.r 15 from 138 11% -£22.38 f.r 5 from 50 10% +£5.00 festival record-chasers at 2m5f+ 5 wins from 26 19%+£29.00 weird al-the tother one-getmeoutofhere-albertas run-follow the plan-blazing tempo-character building OSCAR o.c.r 15 from 119 13% +£2.58 f.r 6 from 49 12% +£20.00 big zeb-oscar whisky-peddlers cross-rock on ruby-oscars well-oscar dan dan-williams wishes PRESENTING(interestingly) o.c.r 17 from 100 17% +£39.40 f.r 6 from 40 15% +£15.85 f.r-chases only 3m-3m3f 6 from 19 32% +£36.96 denman-woolcombe folly-china rock-jessies dream-niche market-presenting forever-dunraven storm dunguib-first lieutenant the three coldest now: BENEFICIAL o.c.r 4 from 67 6% -£53.75 f.r 1 from 28 4% -£24.75 cooldine-realt dubh-fiendish flame-becauseicouldntsee-adams island-kid cassidy ALFLORA O.C.R 4 from 68 6%-£53.88 f.r 0 from 20 0% -£20.00 wishfull thinking-what a friend-wayward prince-aegean dawn-pearlysteps-cootehill MONTJEU o.c.r 0 from 44 0% -£44.00 f.r 0 from 21 0% -£21.00 hurricane fly- noble prince won in the dark- eradicate

Re: Anything goes thread Is there any way for you lads to get a guaranteed return with the offers on cue card in the supreme novices. SJ giving you your money back on singles if it wins. and then Betfair with this offer, BETFAIR SUPREME NOVICE'S HURDLE 25% BONUS PROMOTION 10/03/11 - 15/03/11 TERMS & CONDITIONS Specific Terms

• This offer is only available to customers who are invited to take part via marketing communications from Betfair.
    • To be eligible for this promotion customers must: a) Opt in to this promotion by clicking here and entering your username, password and the bonus code “SUPREME NOVICES BONUS 2011” before 13:30:00 GMT on Tuesday 15th March 2011. b) Risk a minimum of £/€50 in the to win market (ante post or day of race market) of the 1.30 Supreme Novice's Hurdle race at Cheltenham on Tuesday 15th March 2011 i.e. a matched back bet with a stake of £/€50 or more on a matched lay bet with a risk of £/€50 or more. In-Play* bets also count. Ante post To Win bets only count if placed after 00:00:01 GMT on Thursday 10th March 2011.
    • If all qualifying bet conditions are met, a bonus of 25% of net winnings across a combination of both the ante post and day of race markets will be paid up to a maximum of £/€200 This calculation is made after deduction of commission and only includes ante post bets placed after 00:00:01 GMT on Thursday 10th March 2011. Credits are limited to one per customer.
    • The offer applies to both back and lay bets. Subsequent trading (backing and laying within the same market) does not affect qualification for this offer provided the minimum risk has been reached with at least one bet.
    • Only one person, household or IP address may opt in and be applicable for this offer. Multiple opt-ins from one person using different accounts shall void this offer to the customer and Betfair reserves the right to refuse payment of this bonus if a customer is deemed to have registered more than one account for the bonus.
    • Betfair will endeavour to credit winning customers within 72 hours of completion of the race.
    • The bonus payment will not have any effect on your Betfair points/commission rate or impact any calculations of a customer’s applicability for the premium charge.
    • Standard Betfair terms and conditions apply. *NB. All references to the term in-play relate to a bet placed after the start of a sporting event i.e. whilst the match/race on which the bet is placed is in progress.

Cheltenham Performance? Having looked at all the races this year, does no one think that Wednesday is a horrible day of racing ? although there are a few that you could pick out .. there is nothing there that you would want to put your mortgage on... having the 4 days at Cheltenham is immense, the atmosphere is fantastic and it never dissappoints, apart from FRIDAY! we have one good race the Gold Cup .. the market on that race has it all wrong .. Look for a horse outside the 4 ... Any thoughts? and is anyone going to be there?? I'll be in the Guiness Village if anyone wants to buy me a drink!! No Doubt ill be slouched in the corner!!:cheers Good Luck Everyone!