BBOTD 4th March

Re: BBOTD 4th March 3.30 Newbury Babe Heffron 10/3 Bet 365 I was quite tempted by surprise in the first at lingfield as I think this one will improve for the step up in trip but I have ended up going for this one. This horse ran well enough last time out over a trip that was probably further than he wants to go. Back over 2m 1f today, this horse has a massive chance. Won't mind the ground and the stable had 3 winners today so is hitting form just at the right time. Babe Heffron beat baseball ted easily when winning at lingfield 2 outings ago and with that one being the main danger in the betting, i fully expect babe heffron to run a big race today.

Re: BBOTD 4th March 6:45 Wolverhampton - Malice Or Mischief - Back He looks absolutely standout here. It looks a match between himself and Better Self, and although the latter is the worst off at the weights, Malice Or Mischief is by far the most in the form of the pair. He comes here bang in form with 2 wins on the bounce under his belt and he should complete the hat-trick here. The rest are readily dismissed and with Paul Hanagan in the saddle I think the nap wil win this cosily here 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD 4th March 3.45 Lingfield This should be run at an honest tempo with Spin Again and Silver Wind in field, also Chinese Democracy went to front last time out this has to suit the finishers and Happy Hammer is in good form but only just scrambled home last time out 2lb rise fair enough, but 2nd has since bombed but 3rd has since won so mixed signals from form so little wary. Ivory Silk absolutely thrashed the inform Spinning Bailiwick and the rest of the field last time out and she was showing signs of a return to form on previous run and now looks well handicapped again having won off a mark 4lb higher than todays and is 1lb better off today than will be on saturday and has to be a worthy favourite surely? The other that is often weak in the betting these days which is a little worrying is Buxton but continues to run well when the race is run at a strong gallop, should get that today. Only 3lb higher mark than last win over CD good run last time out off a 1lb lower mark when closing late at Wolves best form has always been round here at lingfield. 1pt win Ivory Silk

Re: BBOTD 4th March 7.45 Wolves Black Coffee - the phrase horses for courses was coined with this one in mind. His Wolverhampton record reads 1151 since the turn of the year. The latest win came in an apprentice handicap under J Rogers so allowed to race off same mark again. Shane Kelly back in the saddle, should go well. 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 4th March 3:30 Newbury - Fiftyonefiftyone - 1pt @ 16/1 (PaddyPower - BOG) Lightly raced 7 year old who has only raced over fences on 5 occasions. He's yet to land the spoils and has thrown in a couple of shockers, but I think things should be suitable today and he can get involved at a very nice price. Fiftyonefiftyone was previously trained by Nicky Henderson, where he showed the odd glimpse of promise but was ultimately disappointing. He then moved to the Oliver Sherwood yard after finishing 3rd at Kempton in February of last year. He's had 4 runs for his new yard, but his form figures of 7-BD-2-PU are pretty uninspiring and his opening handicap mark of 120 leaves little room for maneuver. However, he has excuses for some of those runs and has bits of form that would give him a chance. He wasn't the best of hurdlers, but ran his best race at this track, on good ground when tackling 2m 5f for the first time. Fiftyonefiftyone finished 2nd of 17 when sent off as a 40/1 shot. He traveled well that day and only lost due to hanging badly when making his way up the run in. Obviously that being over hurdles and in novice company means it's not overly relevant here, but the horses obviously has a decent level of ability when on song and I think he still has more to show. He ran a good race 2 starts later, when finishing 3rd at Kempton on his final start for the Nicky Henderson yard but threw away his chances when pulling like a train throughout. However, there's a few pacemakers in opposition here, which should ensure a good gallop over this 2m trip, and that will help him settle a lot better. He does jump quite well, despite the odd mistake, and assuming he can do so on the back of a decent pace, I'm sure he'll be getting involved at the business end of proceedings. His 1 length 2nd to Ballybach on his penultimate isn't bad form, as I think that one should make a nice chaser, although it was his debut over fences. The soft-ish ground today should prove no obstacle to my selection and although the trainer/jockey combo aren't in great form, they've a reasonably decent chance of getting a winner here if this horse runs to his ability, which he hasn't shown too often. This race hasn't been won by a horse aged 8 or older since 2004, and with only 3 animals lining up who are favoured by that stat, Fiftyonefiftyone could be a potentially likely candidate on his handicap bow. I marked him up as a 10/1 shot, so the current 16/1 is much too big in my opinion. Small/medium stakes for me. He's not an overly obvious winner (although ones I think are, lose!), as he has never really run to his mark, but he has more to come and may find things to be in his favour today.

Re: BBOTD 4th March doncaster210 AMERICAN LADIE 1pt win SP alan king's french bred runner looks to hold all the aces here and will surely take all the beat after a decent 2nd LTO to henry king (winner again yesterday) in a handicap. reverts back to novice company here and receives a weight allowance from all but two of the field. may not be much in the way of a decent price but does look a good thing.

Re: BBOTD 4th March 4.40 Newbury Alcade win @ 6/1 Bet 365 Had decent form on the flat when with Mark Johnston and seems to go well on ground from soft tru to good to firm so todays conditions will suit. Scored for the first time over hurdles last time out at Fakenham at the third attempt when his jumping was much improved. Makes his handicap debut today and has been given a fair mark and has he should improve even further looks well in here.

Re: BBOTD 4th March

4.40 Newbury Alcade win @ 6/1 Bet 365 Had decent form on the flat when with Mark Johnston and seems to go well on ground from soft tru to good to firm so todays conditions will suit. Scored for the first time over hurdles last time out at Fakenham at the third attempt when his jumping was much improved. Makes his handicap debut today and has been given a fair mark and has he should improve even further looks well in here.
Sorry about my spelling again!! should be Alcalde ......DOH!

Re: BBOTD 4th March 1 point win street crime @ sp 2.35 lingfield not the ideal way to pick a horse as i know nothing about street crime who come last of 11 only last night at wolverhampton,the only reason im going to risk my pound on street crime is the money that came for it,with an opening show of 14/1 and a starting price of 7/1 makes me think connections believe street crime can spring a bit of a shock,and with street crime running only 24 hours later makes me think it might just be able to spring an upset in this 4 runner field,i hope this write up is ok,(reasons are the money for it and the quick turnaround) it will probably be a donkey but it gets my pound:\

Re: BBOTD 4th March D4.30 Mayberry 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Bet365 This one looks overpriced at 16/1 in a nine runner race. There is an unexposed sort at the head of the market that is being backed, who is an obvious danger, but the selection looks a value e/w bet. Stable jockey Jack Doyle is back in the saddle today (the horse had been claimer ridden in its last 3 races) so perhaps that's a sign that a better run is expected today. The horse hasn't been the most fluent hurdler but if that can improve, then I would expect it to go close today.

Re: BBOTD 4th March 7.15 Wolverhampton Slip is back with the Vaughan stable and has slipped to a very low mark. If finding anything like his best form should go very close here. Won a claimer over this distance and is rated much higher over hurdles. 1 Pt win 11/2 PP

Re: BBOTD 4th March 4.05pm @ Newbury 'Kingsmere' 9/2 (ladbrokes) Just outstayed despite looking well on bridle near finish over 2 furlongs extra last time out. Drop in distance will obviously suit on that run, goes on the ground and if runs as well as last time has a massive chance today. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD 4th March Newbury 4.40 Alcalde win - 6/1 Bet365 VC Talented handicapper on the flat for Mark Johnson. Rated 89 placing in good company. Improving over hurdles and won easily lto. Opening mark of 110 looks low on what he's achieved on the flat and John Berry has a very good record with hurdlers. If fav hasn't been protected by Nicholls in order Ruby to win his first race easily, then I think my selection can go close.

Re: BBOTD 4th March 8-15 @ Wolverhampton SUPATOV 1 pt WIN @SP Well beaten on seasonal bow this season at Kempton and has modest form at Wolverhampton, but this is a dire contest, not well drawn but should have come on for her first run and even with a terrible draw is worth a punt at around 8/1

Re: BBOTD 4th March 2.55 Newbury: Dixie Bull 1pt win @ 3/1 Bet365 BOG Two runs to date, first of which was decent enough effort in Market Rasen bumper before showing a decent level of form LTO in 2m1f maiden hurdle round here before falling at the last. Appeared booked for 2nd that day and the form of the race looks absolutely solid with the winner being Kid Cassidy whose next stop is the Supreme Novice's at Cheltenham and a number of those that finished behind that day going on to win subsequently. Step up in trip is interesting and if it suits, would be no surprise to see the horse go very close with the champ booked in receipt of weight from the David Pipe trained jolly.

Re: BBOTD 4th March Our Father - Newbury 2:55 Very impressive winner on debut, beating Cotillion by 4 lengths at Chepstow over 2m 4f, and then just found 1 too good last time out at same track but traded as low as 1.03 in-running. Looks a very bright prospect and with trip and ground in its favour, i think 7/4 looks a very decent price for this Pipe horse. 1 Point win @ 7/4 (VC) BOG

Re: BBOTD 4th March Balerina – 4.30 Donc. 1 point win Paddy Power 5/1 I was impressed with this one’s determined attitude when battling back to win a conditional jockeys handicap hurdle at Kempton 21 days ago. She has a touch of class having won a listed race on the Flat in Nov. 09. Cheek pieces were applied for the first time at Kempton and this seems to have brought about improvement and now that she has hit winning form there is every chance that she can confirm further the trainer’s high opinion of her. 2 miles and good going are no problem. The main opposition may come from Dream Esteem who is a free running sort and Veiled whose jumping has not been perfect to date. Balerina looks the more solid proposition though and can hopefully lead them a merry dance! All the best Bob

Re: BBOTD 4th March Very lightly raced and owned by Mr JP McManus and i'll give the 6yr old gelding another bite at the cherry today at a crazy price. Sure he might not go in today but he will go in one day and when that day comes my cash will be down. He was 7th last time out on 4th feb the winner being the well thought after ''whoops a daisy'' Gerard Tumelty was in the saddle that day and it was nothing more than a wee look around for him. Sam Thomas jumps up today for his first ride on him and he could get a place at some very fancy prices. Once again he's one for the future. Newbury 2:55 Lariat Sam 0.5 e/w bet @ 100/1 Bet365 etc. Yeh i said it....100/1

Re: BBOTD 4th March 355 Doncaster: Sara's Smile EW (5/1 Bet365) Sara's Smile was fourth to Backspin at Bangor which has worked out really well, last time she stepped up in trip and was beaten by todays favourite Aneyeforaneye. She battled well that day and comes here with a handy weight advantage over her rival now so cant see there will much between them. 5/1 is a fair price and cant see her being out of the frame and as every chance of turning the form around on this more galloping track.

Re: BBOTD 4th March Mines a non runner so my new one is... 3.55 Doncaster Definitely Lovely ran very poorly lto however the stable was going through a bad spell then. Things are much better now and she is still on a very handy mark. Should get to the front here and is great value if she runs to her best. 1 Pt win 8/1 Bet365