Flat Season not starting at Donny??

I was reading an article today and it was saying that a certain horse would be entered for a Mussleburgh race on the 1st of April which I thought was weird, so I then had a look and see Catterick and Leicester race on the Wed 30th March, Musselburgh on 1st and then Donny on Sat 2nd and Sun 3rd?? Has this ever happened before, and why is it happening this year? I thought the flat always starts on the Saturday with the Lincoln Meeting??

Re: Flat Season not starting at Donny?? Kempton, Warwick, Pontefract and Folkestone all had flat turf meetings before Doncaster in 2005. I'm not sure why though, since as you said, the flat is supposed to 'officially' start with the Doncaster Lincoln meeting.

Re: Flat Season not starting at Donny?? Looks like it's beginning at Catterick this year...........Wed 30th March I don't remember it starting anywhere other than Donny before........ Tho' of course the Lincoln Meeting was always 3 days, Thurs, Fri, Sat.....don't know when it went to Sat, Sun..........maybe shoving back the Donny meeting by a couple of days left the door open for somewhere else to get in first ? I wonder if the pre-Donny cards will have any 2yo races ? Be a shame if the Brocklesby lost it's claim to fame..........

Re: Flat Season not starting at Donny??

A bit random but i can't wait to be looking through those Windsor Monday night cards. Used to love wasting (:sad) my hard earned on them race to race last year in the bookies.
A Windsor Monday night meeting is one of those fixtures you have to take in before you die. It's like one of them "30 race meetings to attend before you die" type lists. Royal Ascot? Check! Cheltenham? Check! Aintree? Check! All Weather in the middle of winter? Check! Windsor Monday night? Check! Perth on the Sunday followed by Newton Abbott on the Monday? Check! I know what you mean though about wasting your cash at them. Quite often I spend summer evening meetings in between the pub and the bookies. I know it's time to go home when im looking at the form through one eye.