** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

King George VI

Re: King George VI Kingscliff is my tip and at 12/1 is a steal if u can get it., (i have been waiting 4 him 2 race again 4 so long.) IMO this horse would of won the gold cup. if he never got pulled out of the race. i fancy him even more for the gold cup next year now Best Mate is past his best, the King George VI will be hes warm up race 4 the gold cup im sure. trianer said "hes in his best shape of his life and high hopes 4 the King George VI" :hope

Re: King George VI Personally I can't see any reason why Kingscliff or Le Roi Miguel will win, so my bets will be Seebald e/w and Azertyuiop. If Azertyuiop stays, he wins - simple as that. I'll take the chance at the current odds (which are ridiculously big). Seebald has ticks in the right boxes, has put up a couple of great runs recently, gets on well with Scudamore and I reckon he has a very good squeak here. Took 20/1. :nana

Re: King George VI Quote from the trainer :clap :clap on Le Roi Miguel He has improved tremendously for the operation, not surprisingly as he was choking and having trouble breathing. Look at the King George - he was on the heels of the leaders turning into the straight and wasn't right. He definitely stays and we have to think about it (King George) again this year; Paul Nicholls, trainer. He jumped brilliantly all the way and travelled so well. On his best form he had a good chance today, but that was great. Last year he was only five when he got beaten in the King George. I think he's a different horse now:hope

Re: King George VI Can't choose the winner, but there is a big but about Azertyuiop - the horse has never raced over three miles so there must be serious question marks about his staying - if you ask me, he is definitely too short @ app. 4/1 I would fancy Kicking King (a tad too short as well) or Calling Brave (suspicious jumping though) e/w.

Re: King George VI Info regarding LORD SAM currently approx 20/1 is that the horse has not been right for it's first 2 runs. Anyone who saw these must have wondered whether it was the same horse that we saw last season win some good races. Hasn't jumped a twig yet this season & I don't think connections would be running it in this race if it didnt have a good outside chance. if the horse had won on either start this season, it would be vying for favouritism alongside the main players. Trainer Vic Dartnall has just hit form with a few winners & this is the stable star. I will be certainly be investing an EW bet on it.

Re: King George VI I'll be suprised if azertyuiop stays the trip. Im with Bowles and Punter66 here and backing LORD SAM each way @ 18/1 willhills. Admittedly disappointing on his 1st run this year, he looked a better prospect 2nd time around at Sandown. Stable have come into form during the last week with 2 winners from 4 runners. On last seasons form especially there is no reason why he cant go close. Kicking King is the best of the rest i think but the price is slightly short in such a competitive race.

Re: King George VI

Alner and Thornton combine for Kingscliff - and that's where my bet for the race will be going. Trainer and Jockey combined have a massive record in recent weeks and I reckon it's a good possibility to continue.
Right combination, wrong race!
2.45 Kempton
1st 1 Duncliffe 15-2
Winning Trainer R H Alner Winning Jockey A Thornton
They pair up again tomorrow in the 3.15 at Kempton on PECCADILLO.