Your festival banker this year...

bigc86

Re: Your festival banker this year... Unoriginal choice, but Big Buck's for me. Grands Crus is his only serious rival it seems, and while the horse is progressive Big Buck's is one of the best and has been there and done it on numerous occasions. Grands Crus does pull hard in his races, and I think he'll have a much better chance with cut underfoot. The Pipe horse has definitely made this World Hurdle a better race, but he's also pushed out Big Buck's slightly which appeals to me. Also think too much is made of Big Buck's 'flat-spots' in races, and Ruby Walsh back in the plate will be a massive asset on the day.

Re: Your festival banker this year...

Youve got one bet to make at this years festival' date=' one bet, who you opting for chaps...[/quote'] Barry Geraghty, Top Festival Jockey @ 100/30 V.C (3/1 now) I just cant see Walsh being back to his best after so long out and Geraghty has some plum rides too. If it has to be a horse then i'm shouting Cue Card. Not just for the way it's gone on this season but for the way it hacked up in the bumper here last year. Geraghty is my banker bet though.

Re: Your festival banker this year... Wary - being the correct term I think :hope both Time for Rupert and Cue Card both LTO 11th Dec - both favourites for there prospective races have not ran in 2011 - Last year there was the usual hot Favs but only two without a run this side of New year did it Big Bucks and Quevega (surprisingly both are hot Favs for the same races this year. Both Cue Card and Time for Rupert are class and have the added factor of Cheltenham form as well and it would be nice to see them win. I even have them in a multiple bet myself. But I have a feeling that the usual pattern will happen and most of the races will be won by horses running this side of the new year.

Re: Your festival banker this year... Welcome and good luck Jock Mc. I agree Poquelin is a good horse, and also that the price is a bit skinny. He needs his ground. There seems to be a good word for both Riverside Theatre and Tranquil sea. Don't listen to me though, i might not see another winner this decade. I'm just wondering whether or not he will be shorter than 4s on the day ?

Yipp. I have £100 e/w aswell on What a Friend in the gold cup, but took 12/1 and the bet just looks stupid now, 50/1 can be found at Hills.
It doesn't look half as stupid as my Antepost Binocular bet last year mate. Won at 9/1 and I'd taken 7/2 several months earlier. What was even worse was that it was to be pulled out of the race at one stage and you could have got 800/1 or something and there was I sitting with 7/2:rollin In the end, I was just pleased that I got a run for my money and a return was a massive bonus and I didn't even think to moan about the price I could have had. Hopefully your will be the same and get a place at least:hope

Re: Your festival banker this year... I would have said Big Bucks as last year but since the emergence of Grands Crus I dont think he can be described as banker, although I still think he win win. For me, it has to be the class Quevega in the mares hurdle, has been there, done it, got the t-shirt and fancy her to repeat the dose again this year.

Re: Your festival banker this year... Wouldn't have asked that question before Kauto's poor run in the King George would he? Banker is Aigle D'Or. One run one win was Nicky's banker 2 years ago. Belongs to JP so expect a major gamble on a horse clearly laid out for the Festival.

Re: Your festival banker this year... My banker at a price is Bobs worth if he runs in the neptune ? if he instead goes for the Albert bartlett ... still banker , Big BUCKS is a good thing but wont get rich backing him unless your rich already ? great horse great running style , more quirks than Gaddifi asleep :tongue2

Re: Your festival banker this year... im waiting 2 see hf cantering up 2 the last with paul townsend looking at the other jockeys whiping like mad then he hits the button and goneeeeeeeeeeeeee,,well thats was my dream other nite:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

im waiting 2 see hf cantering up 2 the last with paul townsend looking at the other jockeys whiping like mad then he hits the button and goneeeeeeeeeeeeee' date=',well thats was my dream other nite:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope[/quote'] Ruby takes the ride fella, dreams are like that at times, best of luck.