** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis - 21-27 February

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Peer to beat Bartoli @ 1.649 (Pinnacle:5pts) Fancy Peer here, she dominates the h2h over Bartoli and tends to do well at this time of year, she was good last week before losing to Wozniacki and beat tired Kuznetsova today. Bartoli has been way off the pace in general and I'm not reading too much into her win over Kleybanova who struggles to string good wins and tournaments together, and also has stamina issues. Peer is the opposite....her play is very consistent, great movementand she seems to have Bartoli's number......fire balls down the centre of the court and take away her angles. Hope another Peer win here. Safarova to beat Pennetta @ 2.810 (Pinnacle:2pts) Two of my faves here and although Pennetta is the more consistent player I think Safarova has a shot here for a small stake. She leads the h2h 3-0 and is really dangerous when she's on.....power hitting and winners from every where. Of course you know she can be awful at times too, all or nothing play. But I think this may be the spot to oppose Flavia....she does play alot of tennis and can have a dip at times.....watched her match with Zheng today and although score says 6-2 6-2 I thought Zheng was right in it but hasnt played enough competitive tennis lately to really take advantage. She also seemed to have some issues with her feet, blisters I think. Safarova should be tougher than Zheng, could play the handicap but I'm greedy here and just hope she's not spraying errors all over the shop and returning 3m wide. I think if Flavia wins it will be ugly on Safarova's part so will play the outright instead. Worth a small play IMO.....Flavia should be at least 1.60 here so some value IMO.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Sport Tennis Event Davydenko v Berdych Selection Davydenko Strength 10/10 Date 23/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.90 Reasoning Strange year from Davy so far this year, excellent in Doha at the start of the year but since then awful. Back in this part of the world, easy first round win against Garcia Lopez he could just start playing well. Berdych improved from the second half of last year but still looking vunerable at times, and can't remember him playing well in this region. H2H 10-1 to Davydenko makes him look appealing.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Sport Tennis Event Peer v Bartoli Selection Peer Strength 10/10 Date 23/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.65 Reasoning Another H2H that looks very good, 7-2 to Peer. This match probably comes down to movement and defense, where Peer is excellent and Bartoli, well, could do better. Bartoli just looks vunerable whenever I see her, seems to carry a lot of niggling injuries and isn't showing her top game. Peer is in good form, and should be the winner here I feel.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Verdasco and Hanescu lost, but Schwank and Peer won to keep me well in the profit :clap. Some early bets, will probably come back with more. (6/10) E.Gulbis to bt. S.Stakhovsky @ 1.52 at Pinnacle I do not trust Gulbis on handicap, but I am convinced he will want to win this one in order to meet with Federer. He has beaten Stakhovsky twice again and was quite solid against Berrer. Stakhovsky is not the toughest player around and he was not very good against Awadhy, who is a complete unknown. (3/10) L.Safarova to bt. F.Pennetta @ 2.76 at Pinnacle No way she should be this huge price. Leads the H2H 3-0 and had a stunning performance in round one. Furthermore, Pennetta is seemingly struggling with some injuries and fatigue might set in at any moment. The price looks ridiculous and is definitely worth a try. Safarova might self-destruct obviously, but I think the first match gave her plenty of confidence and she should build on that. (3/10) S.Peer (-3) to bt M.Bartoli @ 1.90 at Pinnacle Obvious match-up problems for Bartoli, who I cannot trust in any match nowadays really. Too many errors thanks to her strange style and it has never worked against Peer, who is in a good nick of form at the moment, beating Kuznetsova easily yesterday. The handicap is not that big and could be covered even in three sets.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February

Sport Tennis
Event Nikolay Davydenko vs. Tomas Berdych
Selection Davydenko (-1.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 23/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.18
Reasoning Well, besides the tournament from Doha of this year Nikolay Davydenko didn't showed any serious signs of a good form as he has lost from players like Michael Llodra, Jurjer Melzer, Florian Mayer or Lleyton Hewitt. The russian player is a very talented player who possess a huge potential and can play incredible tennis, but unfortunately he has been hit by injuries recently and couldn't play at his best level. Speaking about this tournament and certain about his first game against Garcia Lopez, well I will say that Davydenko has showed some great tennis and proved for the first time after a quite bad period a good form. Today Davydenko will play against Tomas Berdych, a difficult opponent without any doubts but where still I will say that the russian is just one class over the czech man if to analyze from the class point of view. Also, I have to mentinate that Berdych had some problems lately with health (fly) and this aspect could also count in a tough game like this one. All in all, Davydenko is a better player than Berdych, he also has won all the seven games between him and Berdych on hard courts, so obviously he knows very well how to play against Tomas. We have equal odds here only because Berdych has been in a better form than Davydenko but certain in this tournament the situation is not the same, so great value on the russian's side. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Flavia Pennetta vs. Lucie Safarova
Selection Safarova
Strength 10/10
Date 23/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 2.92
Reasoning Well, two players with two different situations here, Flavia Pennetta has played a good and long tournament at Dubai recently while Lucie Safarova has won her first game against Radwanska after a long period with no good results. Pennetta did played much better in the previous tournaments than Safarova, from the form point of view she did looked much much better. So, there are no any doubts that Pennetta did showed a clear much better and more stable tennis than Safarova, but looking certain at this tournament I will say that the situation changes a lot as Lucie has played for the first time at her real level against Radwanska while Pennetta did also played nice tennis against Jie Zheng but lets not forget about her injured ankle since the game with Azarenka. Despite Pennetta did won the game yesterday doesn't mean that she didn't had problems due to her injury and that in the next game that could be a litter bit more difficult one this problem could become much more serious. Speaking about Lucie Safarova, well this player hasn't been in a good form for a long time alreday, that is true but IMO it doesn't really matter this aspect as important is what she is showing on the court at the moment. from the class point of view I will say that Pennetta is not a betetr player than Safarova, the itlian player has been just more stable in the long run than Safarova, that is all about here. This game could surely be a much more difficult one than the game against Jie Zheng which have ended faster and the injury problem didn't looked like being a serious problem, in today's game Flavia will a have a much more difficult task. Good Luck!

Verdasco and Hanescu lost, but Schwank and Peer won to keep me well in the profit :clap. Some early bets, will probably come back with more. (6/10) E.Gulbis to bt. S.Stakhovsky @ 1.52 at Pinnacle I do not trust Gulbis on handicap, but I am convinced he will want to win this one in order to meet with Federer. He has beaten Stakhovsky twice again and was quite solid against Berrer. Stakhovsky is not the toughest player around and he was not very good against Awadhy, who is a complete unknown. (3/10) L.Safarova to bt. F.Pennetta @ 2.76 at Pinnacle No way she should be this huge price. Leads the H2H 3-0 and had a stunning performance in round one. Furthermore, Pennetta is seemingly struggling with some injuries and fatigue might set in at any moment. The price looks ridiculous and is definitely worth a try. Safarova might self-destruct obviously, but I think the first match gave her plenty of confidence and she should build on that. (3/10) S.Peer (-3) to bt M.Bartoli @ 1.90 at Pinnacle Obvious match-up problems for Bartoli, who I cannot trust in any match nowadays really. Too many errors thanks to her strange style and it has never worked against Peer, who is in a good nick of form at the moment, beating Kuznetsova easily yesterday. The handicap is not that big and could be covered even in three sets.
I don't know about what errors do you talking about from Bartoli?! She looked so well vs Kleybanova, were pumped up almost in every point, jumping up and down almost everytime after point when receiving ball from ball kids. She looked so organized and prepared, despite the bad start when she was 0-2 down, then she came back with 5 in a row making it 5:2, and then won 2last + 3second set games, to improve the victory. She hited balls so well, that i can't remmember any error in that match.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Davydenko - Berdych | Davydenko 1.85@triobet! 6/10! Going pretty bad nowadays in tennis, probably the worst month in my life. Today i will try another one. The main reason i'm picking this one is that Davy leads h2h 9:1, with last meeting in Paris last year. Davy looks mentaly stronger than Tomas to mee, + Tomas didn't played that well in R1 vs Chardy, were behind in second set, when the rain started, but all the match he didn't looked that good. Russian looks winner here.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February I will have more for the evening. I am still thinking about the clay tournaments, but the odds seem right there. (3/10) R.Sweeting to bt. S.Querrey @ 2.30 at Pinnacle Querrey not convincing so far this year, while Sweeting has been cruising here in the tournament. If Querrey almost lost to Brown, this should be an up-hill struggle. They had one tight match already and I think Sweeting is the better player right now and motivation should be a huge factor. (3/10) D.Cibulkova (+4.5) to bt. V.Zvonareva @ 2.12 at Pinnacle I think this is a little bit overrated. Cibulkova has improved tremendously since their last meetings and Zvonareva did not dominate them at all. She was quite poor against Kleybanova and Cibulkova is not far from Kleybanova style-wise. Was expecting a lower line, so I am happy to go with this one with these odds.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Zakopalova to bt LiNa @4,460 Pinnacle Zakopalova leades H2H 1-0 with the match being played in 2010. Zakopalova is LL in this draw as she lost to Dushevina in qualies, but she played quite well in round1 against Dulgheru. LiNa is known for being somehow incosistent and not caring about the result in smaller tournaments, so at these odds I thing this is worth try. Cibulkova to bt Zvonareva @4,010 Pinnacle Cibulkova is SVK player #1. Zvonareva recently lost to SVK #2 Hantuchova, and Zvonareva's status is injured. Dominika played a superb match in R1 with Groth, was facing 4 matchpoints in the decing set tie break, but eventually she won. I would say that nothing justifies Dominika to be rated that low. I am not going for handicap, because if Dominika could cover the handicap, she could win as well.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Really tricky last few days, lots of retirements and lots of weird happenings. Taken 2 for today though involving one from the men's and women's game. Jelena Jankovic v Sania Mirza- Jankovic -4.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Jankovic looks to be returning to some form after a truly horrid run in the second part of last year. But wins over Stosur, Kanepi and a good show against Wozniacki looked to have restored some confidence in the Serb's game. She easily beat her last opponent so she will be fresh for this one and should be in the right mental condition. Mirza did wel to beat Jovanovski in the her first round match in what was a break fest in that one but it was a good win for the Indian nonetheless. Feel Jankovic's shots will be too much for her today though. She's been beaten very easily by lesser opponents in recent weeks and Jankovic on the rise in form, feel she should take this one in good fashion. H2H stands at 4-0 to Jelena, with the handicap for this one covered in 3 of those 4 matches. Really good chance for the Serb to announce she's back on form this week and she should be good for Mirza here. Straight set win would bring the handicap into play. Feliciano Lopez vs Novak Djokovic- Djokovic -5.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Not the smallest of handicaps for the men's game in a 3 setter but I feel Novak can cover it here. He's on a 13 win streak including that AO grand slam win and unbeaten in all matches in the current calendar year. In these matches, he has only dropped a total of 2 sets in all and he's playing great tennis like we saw against Federer and Murray in Australia. Feliciano Lopez's form this year has been extremely indifferent, losing to players who he would be expected to beat. Didn't get past the first round at the AO and if that form is carried into today's matches, really cannot see how he is going to live with Djokovic who is on fire right now. Djokovic has won both matches that the two have played in straight sets and the best of 3 match that they played, the 5.5 handicap was covered. An early break for Djokovic could see him romp home here, covering the handicap in the process.

Really tricky last few days, lots of retirements and lots of weird happenings. Taken 2 for today though involving one from the men's and women's game. Jelena Jankovic v Sania Mirza- Jankovic -4.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Jankovic looks to be returning to some form after a truly horrid run in the second part of last year. But wins over Stosur, Kanepi and a good show against Wozniacki looked to have restored some confidence in the Serb's game. She easily beat her last opponent so she will be fresh for this one and should be in the right mental condition. Mirza did wel to beat Jovanovski in the her first round match in what was a break fest in that one but it was a good win for the Indian nonetheless. Feel Jankovic's shots will be too much for her today though. She's been beaten very easily by lesser opponents in recent weeks and Jankovic on the rise in form, feel she should take this one in good fashion. H2H stands at 4-0 to Jelena, with the handicap for this one covered in 3 of those 4 matches. Really good chance for the Serb to announce she's back on form this week and she should be good for Mirza here. Straight set win would bring the handicap into play. Feliciano Lopez vs Novak Djokovic- Djokovic -5.5 handicap- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Not the smallest of handicaps for the men's game in a 3 setter but I feel Novak can cover it here. He's on a 13 win streak including that AO grand slam win and unbeaten in all matches in the current calendar year. In these matches, he has only dropped a total of 2 sets in all and he's playing great tennis like we saw against Federer and Murray in Australia. Feliciano Lopez's form this year has been extremely indifferent, losing to players who he would be expected to beat. Didn't get past the first round at the AO and if that form is carried into today's matches, really cannot see how he is going to live with Djokovic who is on fire right now. Djokovic has won both matches that the two have played in straight sets and the best of 3 match that they played, the 5.5 handicap was covered. An early break for Djokovic could see him romp home here, covering the handicap in the process.
WIN LOSS Broke even. Jankovic destroyed Mirza without breaking into sweat but Djokovic tanked the 2nd set, killing the bet. Really hard results to predict this week.

Betfair still are taking bets for Kubot match, my friend just said apparently he's a dead certainty, if you know what I mean...... But I'm not sure how prominent fixes are in tennis??
We're not allowed to speak about this here. But if you ask me, i'd say that Schwank will surely lose tonight. Worth a punt. His first match with Chela was.. hmm.. strange. Looks like he's becoming a player to avoid. All in all, crap weak so far.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February With that mind, I will have a small dabble on this one. (1/10) F.Fognini to bt. S.Wawrinka @ 3.69 at Pinnacle This actually has a solid chance to win. Fognini is not a horrible player and can produce solid results on clay occassionally. Wawrinka had a lot of struggles in his wins and he lost to the first really solid opponent (Chela) in spectacular fashion. Fognini certainly has at least 33% or so.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Oh ok sorry mate, just seems quite blatant to me, I mean chela was a set and 5-1 up! Gonna hit Kubot he did ok to come back from 2 breaks down in first set in his opening game then second with 6-0 Also fancy querrey despite what's been said, sweeting is full of confidence and playing well, however big Sam has all the talent, fought back against brown and this is a good chance to get back into form.

Zakopalova to bt LiNa @4' date=460 Pinnacle WIN Cibulkova to bt Zvonareva @4,010 Pinnacle LOSS
decent profit in these two matches, but not enough to cover the other (not posted) losses of the day (I folowed on Peer and Gulbis :-() So I am going big on Simon to bt Gasquet @1.735 Pinnacle Simon again in his superb form from Australian Open, where he did chase Federrer into full distance. H2H is 4-1 for Gasquet, but the last match played in 2010 has been won by Simon, and other matches are from 2009 or older. Gasquet won with Dimitrov 1st round, but this was mainly due to extremely poor Dimirov performance - 6 double faults, non-existent return. Today he defeated Bubka 62 75 in an average match. Two Gasquet's matches before this tournament were either w/o, or retirement. Simon has won with Youzhny for the first time in his life in R1 (h2H 7-0 for Youzhny before that match) , and today he destroyed Rosol 62 63. This should boost his confidence. Gasquet is poor sport, having retired two points before serving Berrer could have closed 1st set in Zagreb tournament three weeks ago. IMO Gasquet have no chance against in-form Simon, and I am quite happy to take the outright at 1.735. I expected something like 1.6 or less.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February For sure mate, love fading Gasquet against good players these days. Simon to bt Gasquet @ 1.746 (Pinny:5pts) H2H says all Gasquet but looking at current level I have to say Simon is better now these days and I think the superior player. Probably fair to say neither are quite at their top level...Gasquet had a little choke vs Bubka who had the second set and choked...and Simon Youzhny wasnt the best quality match. But I think he'll be able to grind Gasquet down here and force enough errors out of him. GL!

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Florian Mayer - Novac Djokovic 14.00 Betfair (13.30 with reduction) Djokovic didn't play so well in the match against Lopez. Lost a set with some very bad shots. Last year in Indian Wells almost during the same time of the year he gave a set to Kohlshriber, before loosing in the next round to Lubicic. Mayer is very solid on hard courts. Scored wins over strong guys as Davidenko, Cilic, Stepanec, Soderling, Simon, Robredo and Troicki... If he had a day, he for sure will cause a lot of troubles to Nole. For sure the odds must not be so high here.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Two more value bets from me Doha/Women Daniela Hantuhova vs Zvonareva 3.32 Pinnacles 1 pt W Expect the line to drop under 3.00 until tomorrow. Hantuchova plays very good tennis here. Almost scored two wins against Azarenka and Dushevina. Seems she is in great form and showed his best qualities. Strong serving and pointed shots. Daniela already scored win over Zvonareva in Thailand, beating her in Two sets. All time record is 2:4, but last 2 wins are for lady long legs. Zakopalova - Jankovic 3.36 Pinnacles 1 pt W Zakopalova beat with ease Na Li, who is in great hole right now after Australian open final. H2H is 2:1 for Zakopalova, but last win is tough one 7:5, 7:5 for Jankovic in Beijing. Jankovic is strange kind of player. Showed good form here, but still need more. Here focus will be towards Indian wells, where she must defend a lot of points.

Florian Mayer - Novac Djokovic 14.00 Betfair (13.30 with reduction) Djokovic didn't play so well in the match against Lopez. Lost a set with some very bad shots. Last year in Indian Wells almost during the same time of the year he gave a set to Kohlshriber, before loosing in the next round to Lubicic. Mayer is very solid on hard courts. Scored wins over strong guys as Davidenko, Cilic, Stepanec, Soderling, Simon, Robredo and Troicki... If he had a day, he for sure will cause a lot of troubles to Nole. For sure the odds must not be so high here.
Djoker should grind out the victory in the end. But handicap on Mayer should be good bet.