** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 21-27 February

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February

Sport Tennis
Event David Ferrer vs. Alexandr Dolgopolov
Selection Ferrer (-3.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.00
Reasoning Well, a really great season so far for the young taented player Alexandr Dolgopolov, but despite that I think he is a litter bit too overrated at the moment. There are no doubts about Alexandr Dolgopolov's great potential as he is a reay talented player, but lets not forget that he still lacks a lot of aspects in his game, he clear lacks the good experience for being a serious layer a stable one. Alexandr Dolgopolov defeated in his last game Stanislas Wawrinka in a very closed game surely that winning against opponents like Wawrinka is a great thing, but the question is once again to repeat about his stability, or better said how many games like these he can play in a row? Also, speaking about the victory against Wawrinka I would like to mentionate that the swiss man didn't played his best tennis at Acapulco so this victory shoudn't be rated as a great tennis level from Alexandr Dolgopolov's side. Dolgopolov will play against David Ferrer and we al know who is Ferrer on clay, more than that David has been in a great form in 2011 and now he is looking to mentain his title here at Acapulco as he has won the last year this tournament. All in all, Ferrer has lost yesterday his first set against Monaco after so many games, he is in a really great form at the moment and playing against a overrated player like Dolgopolov he shouldn't have soe serious problems. Good Luck! Nice value!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sport Tennis
Event Caroline Wozniacki vs. Vera Zvonareva
Selection Wozniacki (-4.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.00
Reasoning Well, Caroline Wozniacki has been in a fantastic form for a so long time already her results are purely incredible, she is simple the best and the number one from all points of view. Caroline Wozniacki's deffensive skills are the best IMO, thats why so many great players like Pennetta Jankovic, Bartoi ... all had a so so difficult task against her. Today Caroline Wozniacki will play another final and I'm sure that her confidence and belive is at high level at the moment, things which cannot be said about the russian player Vera Zvonareva. First of all, Zvonareva didn't looked to play her best tennis here at Doha as there were quite many downs in her play, no stability and secondly even frm the class oint of view Zvonareva is under Caroline Wozniacki's level. Of course that Zvonareva possess sme great attacking skills but, with a not too good form of the moment she should surely have a so difficult task to beat Caroline Wozniacki's amazing defence. Zvonareva had clear serious problems against Hantuchova and Jankovic while Wozniacki did looked al the time so stable, so nothing else than just a clear dominance from Wozniacki I think we will see in this final. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic
Selection Federer (-2) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.87
Reasoning Here comes the fina of this so interesting tournaent a final between two great players where the quality tennis should be surely the right word. I remember very well the last game between these two players when Novak Djoovic did defeated Roger Federer in straight sets, wel in that game Novak did played some great tennis, he was really in a very good form as he had won the tournament at the end. Now, the situation don't seems to be the same, that from the form point of view speaking as Novak Djocovic did had some downs in his lay, he didn't played stable for example in his game against Feliciano Lopez, or even yesterday against Tomas Berdych. About Roger Federer what it is different this time and I think that I have to mentionate is nothing else than the form too, Federer is playing some really nice and stable tennis these days, he did impressed with his tennis here at Dubai as he was in all of his games in great control. Now, speaking from the class point of view I think I don't have to mentionate that Federer is a better player than Djokovic, with more qualities and experience on his side. Federer does have many advnatages on his side but the ost important one is the form advantage as he realy did looked better from this point of view than Djokovic. Good Luck!

- Novak Djokovic -4 games AH (vs Tomas Berdych) @ 1.847 with Pinnacle (5/10) PUSH - Nicolas Almagro (vs Tomas Bellucci) x David Ferrer (vs Alexandr Dolgopolov) @ 2.16 with Stan James (4/10) WIN - Janko Tipsarevic (vs Ivan Dodig) x Kei Nishikori (vs Ryan Sweeting) @ 2.48 with Boylesports (3/10) WIN
Why hello there, you look nice. What's that? Oh, you're a winning bet, a winning tennis bet. Haven't seen one of you this week. It's taken until Friday but finally got myself off the mark. Could have been a full house had Berdych not retired, but I was happy to get out of that one, as Djokovic was brutal until Berdych ailed. Almagro and Tipsarevic were fairly routine, which Nishikori and Ferrer both roared back from a set down.

Why hello there' date=' you look nice. What's that? Oh, you're a winning bet, a winning [i']tennis bet. Haven't seen one of you this week. It's taken until Friday but finally got myself off the mark. Could have been a full house had Berdych not retired, but I was happy to get out of that one, as Djokovic was brutal until Berdych ailed. Almagro and Tipsarevic were fairly routine, which Nishikori and Ferrer both roared back from a set down.
Thanks for that, I followed you here... I took a week off after two depressing weeks of tennis tipping, and I think I made the right call... Next week is a new month and a chance to turn a corner :ok

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February Sport Tennis Event del Potro v Fish Selection Lay Fish (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 26/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.01 Reasoning I like del Potro to take this down. He's improving as time goes on in his comeback and now on outdoor hard courts think he is most comfortable. He knows a final with Tipsarevic awaits, and a good chance to get going with a title. I think he's close to playing really well, and to justify being a strong favourite against Fish. Fish was struggling with illness earlier in the year, but is improving. He's done well so far this week, but I see del Potro having too much and should take this down. Sport Tennis Event Ferrer v Almagro Selection Lay Almagro (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 26/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 2.88 Reasoning This should be a very good final. Almagro in great shape having won 2 titles on clay and into final here. But possible fatigue, and watching him twice this week I don't think he's playing as well as previous weeks, showing a few signs of struggling. Ferrer looking reasonable this week, his first week on the clay maybe excusing dropped sets to Monaco and Dolgopolov, both matches where he came through strongly. He's defending his title in the tournament, last year beating Ferrero in the final who was on a similar run to Almagro. Almagro won this title in 2008 and 2009 so they clearly both like this place. H2H is 5-0 to Ferrer, and I expect him to continue that run tonight.

Re: Tennis - 21-27 February David Ferer v Nicolas Almagro - over 22.5 games @10/11 bet365 This should be an excellent match between two fighters. They've met 5 times, with Ferrer winning all five. Four of the matches have, however, been 3 setters, so it is likely to be close. Both of Ferrer's last 2 matches in Mexico have gone to 3 sets, while Almagor needed 3 to beat Giraldo, then 23 games to beat Bellucci. I think Ferrer might just sneak it, maybe 2-1. The 22.5 game line can be covered by a straight sets win, so there's insurance.