** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

F1 2011 Season Thread (Inc. Outrights)

Re: F1 2011 Season Thread (Inc. Outrights) They crashed a few times;). The one you're thinking of would probably be Adelaide in the final race. Too much rain now, this could take a while. Quick update, Heidfeld and di Resta got a chance. Button and Buemi struggling, Vettel will probably win and Hamilton bet lost. :hope

Re: F1 2011 Season Thread (Inc. Outrights)

Anyone know what the highest price Button traded?
Between 200 to 400 he was matched, but only for a stake of less than a quid. The first real meaningful (3 figures) level he was matched at was 100. Kobayashi traded as low as 40's (was 1000). Schumacher was a peak of 340 and traded at 10's. I imagine it was a trader's dream. Interestingly, there was still some 1.0X for a safety car, even after it was announced the race would be starting under such conditions.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: F1 2011 Season Thread (Inc. Outrights) Surprised at how quiet this thread is during British GP weekend. I've taken 3 outside bets today as follows: N.Rosberg to finish on the podium, 1pt @ 12/1 SportingBet As short as 6's elsewhere, I think the German is a bit of value in a wide open race. Went well in practice on Friday and backed that up with a decent qualifer yesterday, finishing 9th. I'll be honest and say I don't think there's much in it. Button & Hamilton look to be having trouble and I think any tweaking could have a negative effect. That just leaves the Red Bulls & the Ferraris who admittedly will be tough to pass. However, at 12's, I'll have a small bet that he can get in the mix. V.Petrov to finish in top 6, 1pt @ 12/1 Stan James N.Heidfield to finish in top 6, 1pt @ 12/1 Stan James Same reasoning for both of these. The 2 Renault drivers didn't have the greatest qualifying sessions but, again, it was very tight yesterday and, outside the top drivers, there's not much in this. They are coming from 14th and 16th respectively but I think there's plenty of scope for improvement. As I've already said, I'm worried for the main British pair and I don't see the likes of Di Resta, Maldonada or Kobayashi retaining their top 10 finishes. Again, I just think the Renualt pair are overpriced and will take the 12's on them for small stakes.

• 2 weeks later...

SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionWebber to win
Strength10/10
Date24/07/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBwin @ 3.60
ReasoningI think Webber is worth a bet here. He's got pole and Hamilton between himself and team mate Vettel. Webber needs a win here, if he's got any chance of championship or even being allowed to push Vettel for the rest of the season. He's looked very quick this weekend and I think the price for a win is reasonable. I heard earlier this weekend that the Pirelli tyres are becoming more durable, which is better for Webber as it is helping his driving style. I'll take a chance on him to win in an interesting race at the front.
SportMotorsport
EventGerman Grand Prix
SelectionDi Resta to finish in the points
Strength10/10
Date24/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.75
ReasoningI like di Resta, he's impressed a lot this season, and I think this price is good on him getting into the points. He's starting 12th, but has shown some reasonable pace this weekend and all season has shown some good race craft. Reasonable price I feel.

• 1 month later...

Re: F1 2011 Season Thread (Inc. Outrights) Has everyone lost interest in the F1 now :loon I have been enjoying this season and the last GP was excellent. I am not expert at all, far from it, and it would be good to get this going again! Vettel at 1.9 to get pole looks good, obviously having another great year and easily the best in practice. It has been a track they have struggled at before but based on practice it looks like they have things right

Re: F1 2011 Season Thread (Inc. Outrights) C'mon guys ...aren't there any Formula 1 fans around here? good tip on Vettel to win pole yesterday. I'm no Formula 1 expert but after talking to other formula 1 fans I'm pretty syre that Vettle won't win today. Red Bull cars are not that good for this circuit and I expect other team to win(probably Ferrari). Bwin offers 1.95 for Vettel not to win Italian GP. :)

Re: F1 2011 Season Thread (Inc. Outrights) They do seem to have sorted the problem out though based on the times in qualifying but it may be different in race conditions and it may be worth taking on the Red Bulls despite what I said yesterday for the qualifying. Hamilton has had a very indifferent season so far, by his own admission and I am backing him to bounce back today. He drove well to get second on the grid and I think Maclaren-Mercedes should have a car to compete with him here. 11/4 looks good against the favourite. Alonso has also won this twice and Ferarri have a great record at their home circit. Boyles go 15/2 with 3 places and this looks a good EW bet. He starts on 4th and has a good shout of being on the podium, and could possibly go on to win.

C'mon guys ...aren't there any Formula 1 fans around here?
Ha I've been having a bit of a mare, I was looking forward to writing up bets here this season, the majority of my betting fund is with Betfair, and I've been noticing through the season that there seems to be less liquidity, especially in markets I like playing like the top 10 in qualifying. There is often not any odds avaliable for many bets, so I usually have to self match, and even then I often have to go right up to the wire of sesssions starting etc to get what I want matched, and it all gets used up,rendering it a bit pointless/too late posting it here...it seemed especially notciable at Monza... What I was wondering is it has got me thinking about other bookies aside from Betfair for F1 betting, maybe splitting my resources? What do people find is the bookie who offers the most comprehensive range of markets on F1? I have been googling around but can't find definitive information on what the different bookies offer on race weekends. Pinnacle seems highly rated round here, does anyone know what markets they offer on race weekend? I do have to say the range of markets Betfair offers is excellent, race win, podium, points, but also things like top 10 qualie, top 3 qualie, top 6 race, first lap leader and so on, and obviously the ablity to lay bets off during the track action is absoultely fantastic for some of these markets, but its just getting some of them matched in the first place...I do also have accounts with 888sport, bwin, bet365 and skybet, haven't looked in a while but last time I looked they were all missing some of these markets I really like to participate in. Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts, thanks!

• 2 months later...

Re: F1 2011 Season Thread (Inc. Outrights) 27/11/2011 Sunday 20:00 GMT Formula 1 - Grand Prix do Brasil - Interlagos Circuit Technical information Length: 4,309 km; Number of laps: 71 (the race - 305,909 km); Turns: 15 - 5 right, 10 left. Maximum speed: 317 km / h. Record lap: 1:11.473, Juan Pablo Montoya, "Williams", 2004 104051_b_interlagos_1322142760.jpg Starting grind: 1. Vettel 2. Button 3. Webber 4. Hamilton 5. Alonso 6. Sutil 7. Roseberg 8. Michael Schumacher "Interlagos" - one of the shortest circuite. At the same time it combines two high-speed sector (first and third) and a slow middle section, where enough is not too fast turns. This is a typical case in which the engineers have to choose between maximum speed on the straights and good cornering. Someone can take a risk and start the race on a hard tire, so limited to one visit to the boxes. But the tactics of the three pit stops will probably be an amateur. The latest weather forecasts do not exclude the rain on Sunday, which could push the team to the decision to install high angles of attack splashes. Oh, and note that the "Interlagos" is only one zone DRS between the third and fourth turns. Not surprisingly, in the past, Brazil weather usually does not refer to the place where overtaking is very difficult. The probability of collision in the first corner : In the first corner is often a lot: last year was nearly new clash, but Vitaly Petrov cost of their own race (lost a lot of places) missed the militant opponents ahead. Problems can also occur on the back of the line (just at the point where after the first couple of laps will start DRS). And if you remember the epic crash Sutil and Trulli in 2009, the different surprises may lie in wait for the entire first round of pilots. In my oppinion the winner might take it in over 6 sec gap for the second placed. Tactics an strategy are important here. Pick: Winner by 6 sec or more @ 1.85 Bwin