** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread

Event Cerro Porteno - Santos
Selection Santos
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2011
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 2.42
Reasoning Absolute favourite to be classified on tonight's Copa Libertadores, Santos enter on the field to face Cerro Porteño-PAR, in Assunção, with the mission of denfending a tabu with 46 years. The last time a bRazilian team was eliminated on a decisive game in Libertadores after winning the first leg was on 1965. On that ocasion, Santos, than comanded by Pelé, faced Peñarol on the semifinal and won 5 a 4. But, they lost on the next two games (by 3-2 and 2-1 - the eliminatory games were decided on three games) and they said goodbye to the third consecutive title - the team won in 1962 and 1963 the two unique continental titles.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems one of the bets of the days' date=' i do see this more than goals myself, might put something on this, and find out result in the morning lol, mind me askin how much did u stake on that,[/quote'] hello,there! strenght : 6/10 Just because of the stats...they´ve gone under for almost everygame in 2011... 10/10 only for Velez tomorrow. :hope

EventCerro Porteno - Santos
SelectionSantos
Strength10/10
Date02/06/2011
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 2.42
ReasoningAbsolute favourite to be classified on tonight's Copa Libertadores, Santos enter on the field to face Cerro Porteño-PAR, in Assunção, with the mission of denfending a tabu with 46 years. The last time a bRazilian team was eliminated on a decisive game in Libertadores after winning the first leg was on 1965. On that ocasion, Santos, than comanded by Pelé, faced Peñarol on the semifinal and won 5 a 4. But, they lost on the next two games (by 3-2 and 2-1 - the eliminatory games were decided on three games) and they said goodbye to the third consecutive title - the team won in 1962 and 1963 the two unique continental titles.
If your selection is Santos to win the game, just a reminder: Santos does not need to win the game in order to go to the finals (they can even lose and by one goal - if they score - and classify) ...If the selection is Santos just to classify, better chances, but 10/10 ? They only won 1 x 0 the first game here and it was very close... GL anyway...hope the final results is Santos 2 x 1 so that we´ll be both happy! :ok

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread alex ye i saw stats too, also shown on the stats were the odd game which went over 2 goals, and i think this game could also be it, the way i see it every game is diffeent,anything can happn in any given moment, i jus dont prefer unders like yaself im going on the overs 2 goals

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread If doing this game in-play go for goals in the 2nd half, the home side since the first 2 goals have been going for it big time and they did get the goal but have been leaving huge gaps in their defence and i can only see more goals in the 2nd half from both teams Alex b good work Naymar goal aswell :beer

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread Velez is now playing again at their own stadium (last game in Argentina was in La bombonera against Libertad) and this is very positive. Since it is a win only game and by 2 goals, I see no better bet than Velez to win at half time. They played 5 games in Libertadores at home and are 4-1-0 only for HT. I think it is a safer bet than the handicap and we'll give me the entire second half to bet live and see what's gonna happen or just go to sleep earlier and with my money in the pocket. So, gents: Velez HT @ 1.90 StanJames 9/10 :cheers

1 x 1 HT :@ let´s go for live now...:\ over 3.5 goals @ 1.75 bet 365 and I thought I was going to sleep early tonight...:zzz
what ashitty night! They even missed a penalty (75`) when the game was already 2 x 1 :@ Well, as I always say: it´s worse for them than it is for us! Today is another day (at least for us) :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread Santos negative is that they all Neimar at the moment in attack, so if Penarol can find a way to keep him quiet(very hard), they could get a positive result. Santos is also unreliable in defense. Penarol, I believe have been a bit lucky to get to this point. Velez would have reached the final, if not for a missed Penalty less than 15 minutes from the end, and Penarol was also lucky against La Catolica who were up 2-0(penalty shootout) and were close to a third goal, but made some awfull mistakes at the back for Penarol to get a goal in the 90th minute. Santos always drew one of the legs since the group stage. Santos haven't lost a match since group stage. Two things to keep in mind. This is a tough match to predict. I think both teams are capable of getting something here, although, I'm leaning more towards Santos to get a positive result; a draw or win. Penarol vs Santos = Santos +0.5 @ 1.53 bet365

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread I think Pai (father) Muricy Ramalho will tell for sure to his players about the well-known luck that Penarol is having in this competition and also about their strength home. The truth is Penarol had luck against Universidad Catolica when won 2-0 home, with a silly own goalks from the CHilian side and then, in Argentina against Velez Sarsfield when the home side at that time missed a penalty which if would have been transformed would have get Velez through in the final. Also,. Penarol has a great astriker, Martinuccio, an attacker that scored 6 goals this season but is very creative for the offensive line. The Final will be played in two rounds, next game on 23rd of June in Santos home ground. Penarol won with all teams that played except Independiente (0-1) and Internacional (1-1). With players like Neymar, Elano, Arouca and Leo, Santos must continue their good form in Libertadores of 2 wins and 2 draws. I think that Santos will force a win here for staying absolutely safe in the second round. Penarol vs Santos away 0 AH @ 2.26 with Pinnacle

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread i do not rule out that Santos wins tonight but for me odds are not good enough to back them. it would need a 3.5-4 for me. Penarol is where they are more cause of a team effort and less because of the quality of individual players like Santos nontheless some media see this as a match between Martinuccio and Neymar. So i think this is a reason why their home crowd helped them to overcome teams with equal talent like Catolica or more talent like Velez and it is tough ground to play in Centenario against 60.000 people. also we dont have away goal rule in the final and Santos with defensive minded coach Ramalho could live with a draw even better

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread Santos without Edu Dracena, Ganso, Leo and Jonathan. Penarol have only failed to score once at home in the Copa this year, but like you've said, they have had some luck on the way. I can't see Penarol keeping out the likes of Neymar, Elano, Ze Eduardo. They still have Arouca in the centre, who is quality. The home factor is worth considering, but Santos have shown they can perform anywhere on the continent... I expect Penarol to try and put pressure on for the first 15/20 minutes, which Santos will happily soak up to quieten the fans. That's how these matches normally go anyway. Santos DNB @ 2.025 looks good value to me, I can't see them losing despite their absences.

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread I'm having trouble committing myself to this bet, so might leave it until I/P. At the end of the day, Santos are missing Ganso, an excellent, very important midfielder, and 2 of the first-choice back 4. This thread doesn't get very busy, does it? I'm surprised, it's a big tournament with lots of coverage and betting opportunities.

u need 3 goals, i need a santos win or jus a draw lol if they cnt win , ill check in the morning the result, i need sleep rite now,
everytime you wait, we win...please don´t go pal....we sleep when we die...:(

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread Very tight game thus far. Penarol have done well to keep Neimar at bay, meanwhile Santos have defended well and are covering the flanks very well. Also personal mark on Martinucho not letting him do too much at the moment. The field is very humid, and that does not favor good football. Penarol have had better chances due to Santos playing the offside line badly though. Right now, nothing to separate the two sides and a goalles draw represents perfectly what the game has been like.

Santos negative is that they all Neimar at the moment in attack, so if Penarol can find a way to keep him quiet(very hard), they could get a positive result. Santos is also unreliable in defense. Penarol, I believe have been a bit lucky to get to this point. Velez would have reached the final, if not for a missed Penalty less than 15 minutes from the end, and Penarol was also lucky against La Catolica who were up 2-0(penalty shootout) and were close to a third goal, but made some awfull mistakes at the back for Penarol to get a goal in the 90th minute. Santos always drew one of the legs since the group stage. Santos haven't lost a match since group stage. Two things to keep in mind. This is a tough match to predict. I think both teams are capable of getting something here, although, I'm leaning more towards Santos to get a positive result; a draw or win. Penarol vs Santos = Santos +0.5 @ 1.53 bet365
Final Result: 0-0 Moneey :D

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread Peñarol haven't lost a game by more than 1 goal in their last 7 matches. Also they have always scored in away matches in the knockout stage of this Copa Libertadores. I think Santos will lift the cup, however, I think they are being overrated. I wouldn't pick a Santos win in 90 mins for less than 2. They are at 1.44 on bet365 right now. I believe Santos are favorites to win the match, I just think its a very risky call for just 1.44. Santos Coach is very defended minded, if Santos get a goal they will sit back and try to defend their lead. Meanwhile Peñarol is pretty solid at the back, and have what it takes to get a goal in this game. Don't expect Santos to go at it from the start, I expect both teams to respect each other and be a bit shy, especially in the initial stages of the match. Neither side will want to risk too much going forward. Much like last weeks first leg. Santos vs Peñarol = Peñarol +1.5,2.0 @ 1.45 bet365

Re: Copa LIBERTADORES 2011 Thread I expect Santos to win the trophy, win the game and win at HT by 1-0. Nonetheless, my only bet before the game starts is: Santos HT @ 2.00 - bet365 6/10 I know Muricy very well and his strategy is to kill the game on first half and "sit on the result" on second half.