NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

AGurv

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Starks rushing yards over 48.5 @ 1.87 bet365 (3/10) This is a dangerous bet but I think Starks can cover this line. In the play offs he’s been in great form, going 123 against Philly, 66 against the Falcons and then 74 against the Bears. The guy is running well and crucially the Packers use him 99% of the time on the rush, Jackson isn’t a factor any more. The Steelers defence is really great against the rush, and extremely difficult to penetrate. However they still do concede yards, I think it was something like an average of 62 for the regular season. Against the Jets Greene managed to run 52 plus they conceded another 20 more to other players. Like I said, it is dangerous but I think Starks can cover this 48.5 line. He just looks in fine form at the moment and the Packers cant pass all the time, they have to run it too. Mendenhall under 78.5 rushing yards @ 1.91 blue square (3/10) Mendenhall had an awesome game a couple of weeks ago and looked really strong, but I fancy his unders here. Often its hard to repeat a ‘special’ performance for 2 consecutive matches so I’m hoping he comes down to earth. Actually he’s only managed to cover this line 8/18 times this season and I think the Packers defence will be able to keep him reasonably quiet. They restricted Turner to 39, Forte to 70 and in total they only conceded 76 against the Eagles. Those are pretty good statistics and a 78.5 total is quite a steep one to cover. Overall I think that he will run about 50-60 so I’ll take the under line. It is a bit dangerous because he looked so sharp a couple of weeks ago, but I’ll take the risk. Total points under 45 @ 1.91 sportingbet 3/10 I think this will be a fairly tight superbowl. Both teams are pretty assured defensively and I can see quite a few ‘stops’ on each offence. Of course, the danger here might actually be if there’s a few defensive touchdowns, they cant be ruled out. I’m not one who usually takes over/unders on the points line but I just see this being a close contest where defences will often be on top. Best of luck everyone in the superbowl! :ok

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Looking forward to this. Going to a friend's house and there are a group of us watching it, same as the last two years. Pittsburgh Steelers to win by 1-6 points @ 4.50 (Bet 365) Got a free bet yesterday so thought I'd stick it on this. Think it's going to be a close game and if the Steelers do win, I doubt it'll be more than 6 points. If GB win I think it is harder to predict and I could see them winning by 7 but here I'm going to stick with my original feeling, and the team I'm supporting tonight and take this bet.

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

before i pull the trigger' date=' as it seems like i am missing something shortest touchdown scored over 1.5yards at $2.00 is this overpriced or what?[/quote'] for me, thats a 50/50 bet, really could go either way.

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh-Green Bay ; Pittsburgh -2.5 ; 10units ; 2.65 at bet365 ( PIT : GB ) - yards per game 345:358 ; yards per game allowed 277:309 ; points per game 23:24 ; points per game allowed 15:15. Passing leaders ( OAK : DEN ) : TDs 17:28 , intercepted passes 5:11. Rushing leaders ( OAK : DEN ): TDs 13:7. Receiving leaders ( OAK : DEN ) : TDs 15:17. Injured players for PIT : none. Injured players for GB : none. Finally here it is. Both teams are complete so this will trully be a game to remember. Green Bay had some impressive wins on road to the super bowl. Pittsburgh had a much easier job. When I look at the season now I can tell you based on what I saw , Pittsburgh will make it complicated but eventually win it. Green Bay played almost perfect defensive plays in their previous two matches but against a much experienced Pittsburgh side that won't be an easy task. Ultimately Pittsburgh are more experienced side and that will be the difference.

Any thoughts on "First touchdown"? I'll be staying up for the first half, then getting my beauty sleep ;)
Staying away from the 'obvious' of Mendenhall or Jennings, I have gone: James Jones (GB) @ 14/1 Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) @ 20/1

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Superbowl: Green Bay @ 14.00 :D Commerisations AG. Naturally i'm ecstatic. Two worthy teams who played well. That finishes a very good post-season for me. Hopefully can continue this form next year. :ok Record: 14-5 (+28.59)

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Yep...great run to the line bc. :clap Well done everyone on the season. Was awesome fun reading everyone's stuff week in/week out...and pretty sure everyone here would have finished in the black too. :ok Knowledgable crowd for sure. Excellent work again guys. Thanks for a great year. :cheers

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Great game,I was sure the Steelers were going to pull it off , Packers seemed to be missing so many crucial catches and picking up injuries .credit to them for making big plays to hold on, I am thinking they will be some team next season when everyone's fully fit, may have a bet on them to do it again next season if price is decent. BBC coverage was excellent again, wish Mike Carlson and Tiki Barber presented NFL show every week

Starks rushing yards over 48.5 @ 1.87 bet365 (3/10) Mendenhall under 78.5 rushing yards @ 1.91 blue square (3/10) Total points under 45 @ 1.91 sportingbet 3/10
Hit 2/3 for the Superbowl, the unders came nowhere near holding up :loon Very good last few weeks of the season for you BC, congrats on the packers outright pick. :ok Well done guys on a good season, will see you back here in August

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Congratulations GreenBay Packers...congratulations BlackCrow...and to all the other winners on here...you called it perfectly again BC...and thanks to your confidence in the packers i manged to win my biggest bet of the year so far...so sad the season is over now...but what a season and what a game to end it...definatley my best superbowl game ive seen,it had everything and was touch and go there for a while but Arron proved he is an MVP...which i was also on...lol...gonna be a long 6 months now....hopefully my chargers will come out firing come september and Rivers will take us to a superbowl....mmmmm if only :hope

Congratulations GreenBay Packers...congratulations BlackCrow...and to all the other winners on here...you called it perfectly again BC...and thanks to your confidence in the packers i manged to win my biggest bet of the year so far...so sad the season is over now...but what a season and what a game to end it...definatley my best superbowl game ive seen' date='it had everything and was touch and go there for a while but Arron proved he is an MVP...which i was also on...lol...gonna be a long 6 months now....hopefully my chargers will come out firing come september and Rivers will take us to a superbowl....mmmmm if only :hope[/quote'] TY

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers I missed out on the easiest ever Even money bet last night, with Bodog offering Evens about the word "Brave" lasting longer than 6 seconds at the end of the National Anthem. Should have realised that it was Christina Aguile-oh-oh-er-oh-oh-er-oh-oh-era on stage - well over 10 seconds :wall

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Well done everyone on a very successful season in the NFL. I've been following my bets in US sports since December, and NFL has been the most successful. NFL Record 2010/11: 17/28 (60.71%) +4.18 units, yield: 14.93% Look forward to the new season hopefully. :clap

The total was way Over unfortunately but Aaron Rodgers attempted 39 passes which easily surpassed 33.5 for a slight overall loss.
Whats the opinion in USA over NFL season next year' date='all ive read is opinion is a lockout or strike looks likely.maybe even no season if its not sorted soon[/quote'] Most opinions are that it will be at least shortened season..up until yesterday...the meetings apparently rent well. There gonna see that 163 million americans watched the superbowl last night and say ..hey..what the ****...lets just agree on this stuff and get the season going

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Appreciate the thanks guys :cheers We have a good crew of people with good insights into the games. Hope to see you all next season. If anyone else wishes to join in, more than welcome to do so. Would be utterly stupid if the NFL does not go ahead as intended. Hopefully common sense prevails. See you all next year :ok

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers watching some more news on it...we are ****** the labor dispute doesn't make ANY SENSE First of all they want to expand the season to 18 games (makes no sense, wouldn't want it, brings more meaningless games at seasons end IMO) The players have a nice case here. How could the league and that asshole Goodell argue that they are worried about player safety when they want to add 2 more games. All his dumbass fines about illegal hits which are technically legal. Then the owners basically want to cut the salaries of the players. Well **** me sideways with a lunchbox, how can you argue to make season longer then cut there salaries. The owners make millions on these teams. It's safe to say the NFL is one of the only leagues in the world were every team is in the green. I love that Dan Rooney (steelers owner) said that he would rather lose money then expand the schedule. He's the ******* man. Were actually pretty much gonna know in the next 5 weeks or so, if they don't decide in March it may head into the summer There is one thing that I can lock in for you, that the NBA season will be shortened next year due to a strike

Re: NFL Superbowl Pick: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers ESPN just broke it down pretty easily..owners are asking the players to give them a billion dollars a year. Whats crazy is that the players union has even made commercials about this. Goodell also said if the league is locked out, he will only get paid $1. He is currently making $14 million a year. Something the owners have on there side is rookie salaries. Most 1st round draft picks get paid more then 10 year veterans. Doesnt seem fair

ESPN just broke it down pretty easily..owners are asking the players to give them a billion dollars a year. Whats crazy is that the players union has even made commercials about this. Goodell also said if the league is locked out, he will only get paid $1. He is currently making $14 million a year. Something the owners have on there side is rookie salaries. Most 1st round draft picks get paid more then 10 year veterans. Doesnt seem fair
Thanks for news Alex,well lets hope something's sorted out soon, i don't know that much about dispute but i was thinking it may be a big mistake by owners if they think they have all the cards, I assume some of the big stars could afford to sit back for a few years if nessesary.don't know if owners could starve out average player in a year. i can see a few older players threatening to retire if things get nasty. we shall see.

I missed out on the easiest ever Even money bet last night' date=' with Bodog offering Evens about the word "Brave" lasting longer than 6 seconds at the end of the National Anthem. Should have realised that it was Christina Aguile-oh-oh-er-oh-oh-er-oh-oh-era on stage - well over 10 seconds :wall[/quote'] It was only Evens as there was always the risk she sang 'Sla-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ve' or some other incorrect word :tongue2

Thanks for news Alex' date='well lets hope something's sorted out soon, i don't know that much about dispute but i was thinking it may be a big mistake by owners if they think they have all the cards, I assume some of the big stars could afford to sit back for a few years if nessesary.don't know if owners could starve out average player in a year. i can see a few older players threatening to retire if things get nasty. we shall see.
yep, some of the veterans could afford to sit. But I'm sure half the league can not