International Friendlies > 2011

FCP

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February

sounds like turkey will win at home:clap
I agree with you. b0080913_4d5149a0b16b5.jpg In Korea betting site, Odd for Korea(Game Number 11) do not changed !(usually odd for korea is dropping down whenever Korea play games). It is mean people bet on Turkey and Korea 50/50 even Korea people ! :D

England are worth a LAY. imo, the odds should be the other way around. We have players dropping out left right and centre, and we're asking who we have left to play a meaningless friendly midweek when there is a full league compliment at the weekend. We all know how poorly England have performed in these games when our main men are out. I don't really see the logic in pricing us up that way, other than because of our name.
Yeah,so many stars are not available with the likes of Gerrard and Ferdinand for example.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February San Marino vs Lietchtenstein Selection: Liechtenstein Odds: 1.57 with SkyBet Stake: 5/10 Clear quality difference here which is not adequately reflected in the odds imo. Everyone knows San Marino's status in European football (haven't scored a goal since 2008). Liechtenstein are no world beaters, but they are a lot better. They boast, for instance, victories over Iceland and Latvia, and draws with Portugal and Finland in their recent history. I watched them play Scotland at Hampden recently and they were very unlucky not to go away with a point; they only lost to a VERY late goal which was controversial as it came after the allotted minutes of injury time were up. They are 147th in the world compared to San Marino's 203 (joint bottom of the whole world). The head to head between these two teams do show one win for San Marino and one draw, both in friendly games, which may explain the favourable odds on the away win. In fact, the 1-0 victory of Liechtenstein was San Marino's only ever win! But this was back in 2004, and Liechtenstein have improved since then, by all accounts due to their club teams beginning to take part in the Swiss league system. Their squad for this game is full strength as far as I can tell, and experienced with many caps between them. Importantly, it includes veteren striker Frick, who is all time top scorer and who scored against Scotland. Most of the squad play their football in Switzerland (mostly for Vaduz, a Liechtenstein club), though some play for better teams such as Basel or St. Gallen. Another point to note is that San Marino do not normally play friendlies (this is their first for a few years). Presumably this is because they are not as serious as sides such as their opponents today, as friendlies are probably the best way these European minnows can improve. There is only so much you can learn from play a 10 man defence against more established nations and being beaten routinely 7-0 or so each game. it is a friendly so don't go overboard on your staking, but I think the away win is a steal here due to the difference in quality. San Marino will be up for this one as it is a more even contest than those they are accumstomed to, and a chance to repeat their only ever victory, but ultimately the class difference should shine through, friendly or not.

San Marino vs Lietchtenstein Selection: Liechtenstein Odds: 1.57 with SkyBet Stake: 5/10 Clear quality difference here which is not adequately reflected in the odds imo. Everyone knows San Marino's status in European football (haven't scored a goal since 2008). Liechtenstein are no world beaters, but they are a lot better. They boast, for instance, victories over Iceland and Latvia, and draws with Portugal and Finland in their recent history. I watched them play Scotland at Hampden recently and they were very unlucky not to go away with a point; they only lost to a VERY late goal which was controversial as it came after the allotted minutes of injury time were up. They are 147th in the world compared to San Marino's 203 (joint bottom of the whole world). The head to head between these two teams do show one win for San Marino and one draw, both in friendly games, which may explain the favourable odds on the away win. In fact, the 1-0 victory of Liechtenstein was San Marino's only ever win! But this was back in 2004, and Liechtenstein have improved since then, by all accounts due to their club teams beginning to take part in the Swiss league system. Their squad for this game is full strength as far as I can tell, and experienced with many caps between them. Importantly, it includes veteren striker Frick, who is all time top scorer and who scored against Scotland. Most of the squad play their football in Switzerland (mostly for Vaduz, a Liechtenstein club), though some play for better teams such as Basel or St. Gallen. Another point to note is that San Marino do not normally play friendlies (this is their first for a few years). Presumably this is because they are not as serious as sides such as their opponents today, as friendlies are probably the best way these European minnows can improve. There is only so much you can learn from play a 10 man defence against more established nations and being beaten routinely 7-0 or so each game. it is a friendly so don't go overboard on your staking, but I think the away win is a steal here due to the difference in quality. San Marino will be up for this one as it is a more even contest than those they are accumstomed to, and a chance to repeat their only ever victory, but ultimately the class difference should shine through, friendly or not.
2 poor teams playing each other.Can go anyway as none of them knows how to win really,they may just cancel each other.No way i will be backing away team with @1.53.The only value i can see in this game is undersa as both teams have no quality strikers so din't think they will score much. under 2.5 goals @2.20 bet365

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Hasagić, Å ehić Spahić, SubaÅ¡ić, VranjeÅ¡, Mravac, Mujdža, BeÅ¡ić, Misimović, Pjanić, Salihović, IbiÅ¡ević, Lulić, Medunjanin i Muslimović Lot of players didnt have a passport arranged or cancelled including Begovic (Stoke City goalkeeper),Ibricic (Lokomotive Moscow), Dzeko (Man City) and Pandza lost his passport and a few others missing :wall my bet for this is game is OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 2.20 with Sportingbet and a small stake on OVER 3.5 goals @ 4.33 Both teams play offensive football and Bosnia is especially prone to defensive mistakes. Man U Hernandez has confirmed his arrival and Mexico has a new coach who will be looking for a win and will be playing attacking football. Nonetheless Bosnia will score at least a goal even without Dzeko there is Ibisevic and Muslimovic infront of a large Bosnian and Mexican crowd in Atlanta.. both teams will also look to entertain. Over 2.5 is definate VALUE here. In terms of picking a winner- Mexico is definetly the go here. Although Bosnia's midfield is still very capable with Medunjanin, Misimovic, Salihovic and Pjanic. Bosnia's coach Susic employs really stupid tactics and leaks ALOT of goals in friendlies especially as the team doesnt take them seriously..recent friendly results i can remember 2-3 vs Iran 3-2 win vs Slovakia 2-4 loss vs Germany 1-1 vs Qatar on a wet crappy pitch and Bosnia playing a B-squad

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Andorra v Moldova under 2.5 goals @2.10 bet365 Moldova jsut had frendly game against Poland couple of days ago.Andorra is a carp and everyone knows it.But they actually do improve in defence now and don't concede many goals as they did few years ago but they also don't have strikers to score.

2 poor teams playing each other.Can go anyway as none of them knows how to win really,they may just cancel each other.No way i will be backing away team with @1.53.The only value i can see in this game is undersa as both teams have no quality strikers so din't think they will score much. under 2.5 goals @2.20 bet365
They may both be poor teams but trust me, I've seen both play recently and San Marino are a lot worse. We shall see. But I agree with your call on unders here, as it will most likely be a 0-1 or 0-2 scoreline.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Argentina - Portugal neutral ground: Switzerland, Geneva. Argentina with really strong squad:

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar/NED), Mariano Andujar (Catania/ITA). Defenders: Javier Zanetti (Inter Milan/ITA), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City/ENG), Nicolas Pareja, Marcos Rojo (both Spartak Moscow/RUS), Nicolas Burdisso (AS Roma/ITA), Ezequiel Garay (Real Madrid/ESP), Nicolas Otamendi (Porto/POR), Gabriel Milito (Barcelona/ESP). Midfielders: Esteban Cambiasso (Inter Milan/ITA), Fernando Gago, Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid/ESP), Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht/BEL), Jose Sosa (Napoli/ITA) Enzo Perez (Estudiantes), Javier Mascherano (Barcelona/ESP), Ever Banega (Valencia/ESP), Javier Pastore (Palermo/ITA). Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona/ESP), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli/ITA), Diego Milito (Inter Milan/ITA), Nicolas Gaitan (Benfica/POR), Juan Manuel Martinez (Velez Sarsfield).
Tevez and Higuain are out, but still they have big guns up front. Personally I wanted to see midfielder Tino Costa from Valencia, but his reputation is still not good enough and he did not get a chance in National Team. Portugal’s Squad:
Goalkeepers: Eduardo (Genoa), Ventura (Portimonense), Rui Patricio (Sporting) Defenders: Bruno Alves (Zenit), Fabio Coentrao (Benfica), Bosingwa (Chelsea), Joao Pereira (Sporting), Ricardo Carvalho (Real Madrid), Rolando (FC Porto) Midfielders: Carlos Martins (Benfica), Joao Moutinho (FC Porto), Miguel Veloso (Genoa), Paulo Machado (Toulouse), Raul Meireles (Liverpool) Wingers and Strikers: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Danny (Zenit), Helder Postiga (Sporting), Hugo Almeida (Besiktas), Nani (Manchester United), Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas)
Just like during World Cup - great goalie, solid defenders, good central midfielders, but maybe not the most creative individuals in the team, excellent wingers, but CR7 usually is unable to play his best for Portugal and of course they are without decent centre forward - Almeida has nice season, but still this is not top striker and Helder Postiga is worse than Almeida, but probably his reputation is bigger than former Werder's striker.

They may both be poor teams but trust me' date=' I've seen both play recently and San Marino are a lot worse. We shall see. But I agree with your call on unders here, as it will most likely be a 0-1 or 0-2 scoreline.[/quote'] Depends whether San Marino see this as a winnable game imo. Their recent games have been against sides they had no chance of getting anything from and it showed in their gameplan. They might be more up for a contest against a similarly ranked side.

Depends whether San Marino see this as a winnable game imo. Their recent games have been against sides they had no chance of getting anything from and it showed in their gameplan. They might be more up for a contest against a similarly ranked side.
Good points, I think they will see it as a winnable game. So perhaps they will open up more, in going for the victory, and we will see goals. Either way, I fancy an away win. :ok

Depends whether San Marino see this as a winnable game imo. Their recent games have been against sides they had no chance of getting anything from and it showed in their gameplan. They might be more up for a contest against a similarly ranked side.
I don't think it can be overrated how bad San Marino actually are, they literally do not go outside of their own half most games..Litchenstein are no world beaters obviously and I agree the price offers no value in a friendly contest but I would be surprised if they don't win. San Marino are likely to be playing a mix of reserve players also as they struggle to get players out of work commitments for Qualifiers let alone friendlies. I have never seen a worse side in a televised game than San Marino, and if anything they seem to be getting worse..

Argentina - Portugal neutral ground: Switzerland, Geneva. Argentina with really strong squad: Tevez and Higuain are out, but still they have big guns up front. Personally I wanted to see midfielder Tino Costa from Valencia, but his reputation is still not good enough and he did not get a chance in National Team. Portugal’s Squad: Just like during World Cup - great goalie, solid defenders, good central midfielders, but maybe not the most creative individuals in the team, excellent wingers, but CR7 usually is unable to play his best for Portugal and of course they are without decent centre forward - Almeida has nice season, but still this is not top striker and Helder Postiga is worse than Almeida, but probably his reputation is bigger than former Werder's striker.
Milito is out with an injury.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February About Argentina - Portugal... ;) From Argentina Previews (www.argentinapreviews.com)

There will be many games involving the two best players in the world (ok ok, maybe Cristiano is only a top 5) and all the others will be more important than this one (Copa del Rey final, the derby in the spanish league, maybe a Champions League final ?), but it still has to be worth watching. Argentina's coach, Sergio Batista decided not to call Carlos Tevez and Sergio Aguero and he didn't give reasons, but the closeness that this players have to the previous coach, Diego Maradona, could be one of the reasons. Batista didn't talk about it with the media, but it's very possible that they will be called for future friendlies and the Copa America that will be played next July @ Argentina. The 23 players training @ Geneva, Switzerland, are : Goalkeepers : Sergio Romero - Az Alkmaar - Holland, Mariano Andújar - Catania - Italy Defenders : Pablo Zabaleta - Manchester City - England, Javier Zanetti - Internazionale de Milán - Italy, Nicolás Pareja - Spartak de Moscú - Russia, Ezequiel Garay - Real Madrid - Spain, Gabriel Milito - Barcelona - Spain, Nicolás Burdisso - Roma - Italy, Nicolás Otamendi - Porto - Portugal, Marcos Rojo - Spartak de Moscú - Russia, Midfielders : Javier Mascherano - Barcelona - Spain, Esteban Cambiasso - Internazionale de Milán - Italy, Fernando Gago - Real Madrid - Spain, Ever Banega - Valencia - Spain, Lucas Biglia - Anderlecht - Belgium, José Sosa - Nápoli - Italy, Javier Pastore - Palermo - Italy Strikers : Ezequiel Lavezzi - Nápoli - Italy, Lionel Messi - Barcelona - Spain, Ángel Di María - Real Madrid - Spain, Nicolás Gaitán - Benfica - Portugal, Juan Manuel Martínez - Vélez Sarsfield - Argentina, Cristian Chávez - Boca Juniors - Argentina Diego Milito was called, but the injury he suffered last Sunday playing for Inter made him stay at home. A probable lineup, with a strong offense and a not so good defense as lately happens with the Argentina NT, would be : Romero - Zanetti, Burdisso, Milito, Rojo - Banega, Mascherano, Cambiasso - Lavezzi, Messi, Di María. Portugal, without the injured Ricardo Carvalho, would have : Eduardo - Bosingwa, Rolando, Bruno Alves, Fabio Coentrao - Meireles, Martins, Moutinho - Ronaldo, Postiga, Nani. Definitely one of the friendlies to watch this Wednesday, and hopefully they will live up to expectations.

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Odds have dropped regularly on Ivory Coast and Ireland throughout the whole day. Gone from around 1.80+, -0.75 to around 1.70. Certainly looks to be the public bets of the day... Should be reasonable value to be on both teams live I guess.

I don't think it can be overrated how bad San Marino actually are' date=' they literally do not go outside of their own half most games..Litchenstein are no world beaters obviously and I agree the price offers no value in a friendly contest but I would be surprised if they don't win. San Marino are likely to be playing a mix of reserve players also as they struggle to get players out of work commitments for Qualifiers let alone friendlies. I have never seen a worse side in a televised game than San Marino, and if anything they seem to be getting worse..[/quote'] Yeah, I watched them against Sweden, and obviously against those sort of sides they just turn up, stand about for 90 odd minutes, and go through the motions....this is a friendly though, so 1.57 on Leichenstein??? It would be a bet based on how poor San Marino really are, and I'm not disputing that fact. Because we know they are bad, I would just urge caution because it's a friendly.

Yeah' date=' I watched them against Sweden, and obviously against those sort of sides they just turn up, stand about for 90 odd minutes, and go through the motions....this is a friendly though, so 1.57 on Leichenstein??? It would be a bet based on how poor San Marino really are, and I'm not disputing that fact. Because we know they are bad, I would just urge caution because it's a friendly.[/quote'] I agree, its certainly a no bet at the price. As are the rest of these friendlies imo, an utter minefield..

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Hi Guys,There never is much value in international matches where odds of Malta v Switzerland 1-3 or 1-4 Andorra v Moldova 1-5 Luxembourg v Slovakia 1-4 Belarus v Kazakhstan 4-7 San marino v Liechtenstein both poor teams If you look at the worst international teams such as these you can always count on them not scoring so really your half way there to a correct score.Normally there are 3 or 4 such matches where you know these teams will not score.If you look at these poor team records you will find that they score maybe a couple of goals through the whole tournament,therefor i take 3 of the matches like the above teams and perm them. Malta to lose 1-0 or 2-0 Andorra to lose 1-0 or 2-0 Luxembourg to lose 1-0 or 2-0 Its 8 bets x 1pound on a correct score treble at odds about 5/1 normally pays about over 200/1. I have had this bet up a few times,just look at the poor teams goals.good luck chaps.x

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February turkeys probable starting 11 Volkan, Gökhan Gönül, Servet, Serdar Kesimal, İsmail Köybaşı, Selçuk, Emre Belözoğlu, Burak, Hamit, Kazım and Umut the biggest blow for turkish national team has been losing against azerbaijan after Hiddink's came .. will be interesting for hiddink's perpective as he trained both teams :) after azerbaijan match emre beleşoğlu said that he gonna quit national team .. arda probably will not play in this game and without him team got not much creativity .. as some korean friedns mention without Park same story for s.korea i belive that will be mid-field game 0-0 1-1 might be possible scores .. under 2.5 seems better option

Re: Internatioanal Friendlies 8-10 February Guys Need some advice I have never done an Overs bet before and looking at Holland game Belgium Game Luxembourg Game All overs £20= £119 what do you think? Also anyone have Info against cameroon 13/10 v Maccedonia do they have Samuel Ett'o available for selection?

Guys Need some advice I have never done an Overs bet before and looking at Holland game Belgium Game Luxembourg Game All overs £20= £119 what do you think? Also anyone have Info against cameroon 13/10 v Maccedonia do they have Samuel Ett'o available for selection?
Anyone advise at all? Would be appreciated