Jump Racing - 15th December

Great card at Fairyhouse. 3:00 Fairyhouse Zaarito 2pts EW - 8/1 (VC) Cannot see this horse going off at 8/1 and think Golden Silver is a lay at odds-on. Has had 8 races over fences resulting in four falls, two wins, a second place and an unplaced effort lto, when he was described as 'clinically abnormal'. The horse is clearly high class. Had the Powers Gold Cup Chase at his mercy in April when falling and would have won (imo) the Moriarty chase but for falling again, when still travelling well. Weapons Amnesty and Roberta Goldback finished second and third respectively, and both would have a good chance here. Cantered to an unextended win over a now 142 rated chaser which obviously questions his jumping in top company, although it could just be his concentration. Big Zeb was similarly frustrating, but his problems seemed to have been ironed out. Price more than makes up for the doubt and I think my selection, receiving weight from the higher rated horses, has an outstanding chance here.

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December Twist Magic - Newbury 3:10 This horse is having a crack at 2m 4f for the first time tomorrow and i think it will see it out no problem. Nicholls had an amazing day today with several winners last weekend, the stable is absolutely flying, i hope this horse was on the gallops with Master Minded just like Poquelin was. This is Grade 2 tomorrow and it has won two Grade 1's by big distances so if fit and its attitude is not a problem tomorrow, i can see this horse winning. Fehily is doing a super job for Nicholls also i may add. It is up against a couple of good types but i think the track will suit much more than Cheltenham and i feel this is the one to beat tomorrow. 1 Point win @ 7/4 (Paddypower) BOG

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December

wow what a card at fairyhouse going to look at the peterborough chase later with a view to backing against Twist magic. The horse rarely runs left handed tracks and record not good in comparison on right handed tracks
Fairyhouse is excellent isn't it As for Twist Magic I think the distance is not the problem but the track, 6 of 8 wins right handed chasing, and at the prices not worth a bet. One that may be interesting is Breedsbreeze who runs well fresh and at 8s could be a better bet. He gets weight from these as well excpet Tartak.

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December 3.10 Newbury Both Tartak and Deep Purple have runs to their name this season and both should be thereabouts in thier quest to beat the 2 miler Twist Magic. Newbury is a tough course and TM will try to jump these into the ground however Deep Purple jumps well (never fallen) and will stay over those last 4 fences in the straight. I would never take a short price on TM as firstly, it could refuse to race, then its form on left handed tracks is poor and has never raced over the trip before. I am going to side with DEEP PURPLE as the others look too far out of the weights to stand a chance. Great to see BREEDSBREEZE back on a course after its bad fall at ascot, and hoping it runs well

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December 2.05 Newbury MARTYS MISSION is still under the ownership of the Stewart family after being trained by Paul Nicholls. Wins rarely these days but very intersting off a mark of 118 and another 7lb off from the claimer. Has run ok here before and not a lost cause over a trip many will find a hard slog. 10/1 Hills (GP)

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December Hi all, first post on PL after lurking for a while, great site. Really looking forward to tomorrows racing, couple of decent cards on. I have to be against Twist Magic on a left handed course myself, could well win easily but at 7/4 he's not for me. The one i do like is Nicholls other runner Breedsbreeze. Looked a decent animal before the fall at ascot and has already beat Deep Purple, albeit over hurdles. At 7/1 i'll risk a small bet. Knowing the owners love of the race could be signifacant that PN has chosen this as his comeback run. Of course the horses fitness is taken on trust and could just as easily pull up. In the 2.05, i feel there's plenty of horses with a lot to prove and i was quite taken with just how strongly Carrickmines travelled last time out, also interesting that Johnson has taken the ride instead of either 2 Hobbs runners. Martys Mission would'nt be out of it either, got badly hampered in the same race as Carrickmines and gets a 10lb pull. 2.05 1.5pt Carrickmines @9/2 BOG 0.5pt Martys Mission @10/1 BOG 3.10 1pt Breedsbreeze 7/1 BOG

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December Fairyhouse 12.50 Hurricane Fly 1pt EW - 7/2 Even if he gets beaten, he is the best horse in the field. Trip a slight worry, but Mullins keeps saying he'll stay. If he does, he should win. Fairyhouse 1.55 J'y Vole 1.5pt EW - 6/1 The Ryanair 3rd gets 5lbs from his main rivals here and has every chance of winning. Would have been 2nd at Cheltenham if she was given a better ride. Trip and ground suit her very well and she's still improving. Cooldine might find it sharp. Glencove Marina is a 3 miler too and left Mullins' yard this year. Never been a fan of Tranquil Sea and I think he is a weak fav. Newbury 12.25 Moleskin 0.5pt EW - 33/1 Looked one-paced to me and 3m over fences will suit. Yardsticks always improve for chasing and at the price I'm willing to find out if that will be the case again. Newbury 2.05 Nicto De Beauchene 0.5pt EW - 16/1 Didn't jump well lto, but yard is much better form now and most of these are exposed and if he comes to form, he is reliable and usually tends to be in the mixture. Newbury 3.10 Breedsbreeze 0.75pt win - 8/1 A very promising novice, who I was very impressed with. Had an injury, but has always gone well fresh in the past and with worry about few of the rivals today and him getting 10lbs, I think the 8/1 should be played. Bangor 2.25 Worth A Kings 0.5pt EW - 14/1 Two handicap runs after good novice career, but both didn't suit him. One was over 2m on good ground, the other was off top weight on soft. Upped to 3m back on better ground is what he needs and if he runs to his novice mark, he'll be thereabouts. Bangor 3.00 Miss Miracle 1pt win - 7/2 Goes straight to handicaps as a 3yo in a weak race and on his flat mark, he should win here. I think yard might be trying today and off feather weight, he's worth a bet imo.

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December Fairyhouse 12:20 - Zaidpour @ 11/10 Coral Really impressive LTO and of course this will be tougher stepping into Grade 1 company, however Mullins knows how to train winners over here and the horse is well bred, could be a potential star. Fairyhouse 12:50 - Hurricane Fly @ 7/2 Coral Sticking with a Mullins trained horse again in the next, Hurricane Fly had the beating of Solwhit LTO albeit by a small distance. This is over a longer trip but still feel that 7/2 looks a big price, its one of those cases where I'd rather be on the 7/2 about HF then the 11/10 about Solwhit. HF has a very strong record. Fairyhouse 13:55 - Jy Vole @ 6/1 Sportingbet E-W Obviously value bet this one against the fav, yeah another trained by Mullins. I don't see why this one should be a much bigger price than Tranquil Sea, Jy Vole ran really well in the Ryanair at Cheltenham, unseated rider lto when up against Tranquil Sea who finished 6th in that race, had Jy Vole finished the race there was a pretty good chance he would of been infront of TS. Before those two runs was an impressive winner of a Grade 2, think this could be a good season for this one.

Magoos Miracles Very difficult to pick jumpers to win from the other side of the world, so I guess it will be a miracle if any of these win !! Newbury R2 Double Pride R4 Nautical Approach R5 Eyre Square Fairyhouse R3 Solwhit R4 Hazeymm R5 Tranquil Sea R6 Head Of The Posse R7 Osana R8 Last Of The Leaders lol players :gimme

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December

Fairyhouse 12:20 - Zaidpour @ 11/10 Coral Really impressive LTO and of course this will be tougher stepping into Grade 1 company, however Mullins knows how to train winners over here and the horse is well bred, could be a potential star. Fairyhouse 12:50 - Hurricane Fly @ 7/2 Coral Sticking with a Mullins trained horse again in the next, Hurricane Fly had the beating of Solwhit LTO albeit by a small distance. This is over a longer trip but still feel that 7/2 looks a big price, its one of those cases where I'd rather be on the 7/2 about HF then the 11/10 about Solwhit. HF has a very strong record. Fairyhouse 13:55 - Jy Vole @ 6/1 Sportingbet E-W Obviously value bet this one against the fav, yeah another trained by Mullins. I don't see why this one should be a much bigger price than Tranquil Sea, Jy Vole ran really well in the Ryanair at Cheltenham, unseated rider lto when up against Tranquil Sea who finished 6th in that race, had Jy Vole finished the race there was a pretty good chance he would of been infront of TS. Before those two runs was an impressive winner of a Grade 2, think this could be a good season for this one.
nice going spooner, 1 more for the treble !

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December 1:55 Fairyhouse Tranquil sea 4pt win - 9/4 (VC) J'Y vole 1pt win - 9/2 (Bet365) Glencove Marina 0.75pt win - 8/1 (VC) Think 9/4 is now a very backable price. Had conditions similar to this when winning the Paddy Power impressively and I think a lot of the rivals here could be running at the wrong trip. Really can't see Cooldine factoring here over this trip and I'm not convinced Roberta Goldback has a great deal of improvement left in him. 9/4 could be massive here. The others are savers on the dangers.

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December 14:05 Newbury I believe its worth siding with the bottom weight Eyre Square in this race. This horse is still lightly raced having had 10 runs to date, half of which have been in chase company which he runs in today. From those 5 races he has managed 2 wins and one 2nd place, one win coming in novice company at Carlisle back in March earlier this year. Had his first run in handicap company LTO where he ran out a thee quarter length winner off a mark of 106 at Newcastle. Notably, this was his first race since April and this was his first win after coming off a lengthy break so I expect him to be even better for this run. Up 6lbs for the win and up in class today but in no terms will he be outclassed today, especially since he is likely to still be on the upgrade. Trainer and jockey have been in decent enough form so far, they had a 66/1 winner yesterday at Catterick along with another 7/1 winner. Slight rise in trip for the horse today but he stayed on well in his win at Newcastle so I am confident he will stay the extra couple of furlongs today. 2pt win Eyre Square @ 4/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December 2:30 Fairyhouse Bertie's Dream 1pt EW - 25/1 (WH) Surely massively overpriced? On his debut run he blew up after travelling very well, and fair enough he didn't run well at Cheltenham but should not be 25/1 for this. His debut run was interesting, travelled well but blew up in the straight, finished only 9l behind Jessie's Dream who is a 7/2 shot here. I'd say he has every chance of reversing the form after two runs now and he seems a horse that takes a while to get right. Fav could be vulnerable after such a long lay-off and is too short.

Re: Jump Racing - 15th December TWIST MAGIC 3.10 Newbury. Place Lay. Class horse but does have a bit of a mental problem and capable of not trying his hardest today. The longer trip will test him too, so with being around the 4/5 mark to hit the first 2 against a few useful types, I'd be a layer.