Argentina » Primera División » 7-9 Dec. 2010

Tuesday 7 December 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Club de Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata v CA All Boys (22:10 GMT) 2.76 3.06 2.5 108.91 %
Wednesday 8 December 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Arsenal de Sarandi v Colon de Santa Fe (00:15 GMT) 1.74 3.26 4.84 108.60 %
maximize.gif River Plate v Estudiantes de La Plata (20:00 GMT) 3.01 3.06 2.33 108.82 %
maximize.gif Vélez Sársfield v CA Huracan (20:00 GMT) 1.27 4.67 11.2 108.69 %
maximize.gif Godoy Cruz de Mendoza v Racing Club (23:15 GMT) 2.09 3.18 3.38 108.88 %
Thursday 9 December 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif CA Banfield v Boca Juniors (22:10 GMT) 2.59 3.06 2.66 108.88 %
maximize.gif Argentinos Juniors v CA Lanus (23:15 GMT) 2.08 3.05 3.57 108.88 %

Re: Argentina » Primera División » 7-9 Dec. 2010 Watched River Plate 3 times recently, and I am happy enough with what I see. Unbeaten in the last 4, one loss in the last 10, true, less expected ( at All Boys ). Maybe I am a little biased here, but I see them as the only chance for Velez to go top. River can create problems to the leaders tonight, despite the H2H record and the current standings. Estudiantes are setting up the pace in this league for long periods, but with Sarsfield having an easy one tonight can't afford to drop points, thus leaving a fraction more space to River. I took Both to score @ 2,00, excellent odds IMO. I also took Godoy Cruz with Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,15. You have to fancy these odds with the most Overish team in the league, who go wild both ends. They were flying high until Velez got them back to Earth. I made some good cash picking Overs with Godoy, week after week I expect the bookmakers to lower the odds for them, yet another 2,15! Happy with it... No matter how tight Racing can keep it, hosts sooner or later will force the game into more attacking play. Elsewhere Velez to destroy Huracan - it is the best attack vs the worse defense, plus the title so close - could be another demolishing like vs Colon, which I was lucky to watch. Took Home - 1,5 with higher stakes and Over 3 Goals @ 2,30 ( fantastic odds ) GL all

Re: Argentina » Primera División » 7-9 Dec. 2010 The Primera División (English: First Division) is a professional football league in Argentina. It is the country's premier football and is at the top of the Argentine football league system. Contested by twenty clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the Primera B Nacional. The season runs from August to May of the following year. Each season is divided into two tournaments, the Apertura and Clausura, each with its own champion. Format The 20 teams play two single round-robin tournaments each year: the Apertura from August to December and the Clausura from February to June. The format for each is identical and each crowns a national champion. The names of the tournaments literally translate to "Opening" and "Closing", respectively, although the English translation is rarely used. This scheme was introduced in 1990 to replace the austral season, and was at the time, alien to Argentines — who live in the Southern Hemisphere and are used to sports seasons that span a single calendar year (for example 2004, as opposed to 2004/05). usually wikipedia or google help with this kind of questions :D;)

Re: Argentina » Primera División » 7-9 Dec. 2010 THX for these, mate. Will follow your advice. Been rating teams from the Argentinian league quite a bit recently, looking for draws and found some, since continental footy has been on ice recently. M.

Watched River Plate 3 times recently' date=' and I am happy enough with what I see. Unbeaten in the last 4, one loss in the last 10, true, less expected ( at All Boys ). Maybe I am a little biased here, but I see them as the only chance for Velez to go top. River can create problems to the leaders tonight, despite the H2H record and the current standings. Estudiantes are setting up the pace in this league for long periods, but with Sarsfield having an easy one tonight can't afford to drop points, thus leaving a fraction more space to River. I took [b']Both to score @ 2,00, excellent odds IMO. I also took Godoy Cruz with Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,15. You have to fancy these odds with the most Overish team in the league, who go wild both ends. They were flying high until Velez got them back to Earth. I made some good cash picking Overs with Godoy, week after week I expect the bookmakers to lower the odds for them, yet another 2,15! Happy with it... No matter how tight Racing can keep it, hosts sooner or later will force the game into more attacking play. Elsewhere Velez to destroy Huracan - it is the best attack vs the worse defense, plus the title so close - could be another demolishing like vs Colon, which I was lucky to watch. Took Home - 1,5 with higher stakes and Over 3 Goals @ 2,30 ( fantastic odds ) GL all

Re: Argentina » Primera División » 7-9 Dec. 2010

Can someone explain me on short the rules in Argentina. How many rounds are there till end etc. Cause I want to play Sarandi - Colon over but I dont know if they have any ambitions. Thanks.
A bit late, sorry, but neither of these sides have anything left to play for. Currently, the only sides with any interest in this campaign are River Plate, Huracan, Velez Sarsfield, Estudiantes De La Plata, Racing Club Avellaneda, Atletico Lanus, and Newells Old Boys. Estudiantes and Velez are vying for top spot although both are in the Copa Libertadores next year either way. Racing, Lanus, and Newells are all battling for the last Copa Libertadores place. Racing are in that zone by one point at the moment, being closely followed by Newells. Lanus are three points behind Racing currently. The only two sides that can be relegated from the Primera Division at the moment are Huracan and River Plate but River's much-needed performances of late have given them a great chance of avoiding the drop. In fact, when Velez destroy Huracan tonight, River's security in the division is confirmed. Huracan have to win at Velez, which they won't do, so I think River may be a tad complacent tonight. I like Velez to win to nil and to beat the -1.5 goal handicap - Moralez, Silva, Zapata and co. should be far too much for a Huracan side that just doesn't score goals away from home and Huracan still have to attack here, which is just suicidal. I like Estudiantes to win at River. The Liberti is never an easy ground but this is River's weakest side in years with no natural goalscorers barring Pavone, who seemingly still isn't match-fit. They've only got Buonanotte and Ortega bailing them out in midfield but they just don't score goals. Estudiantes are a good deal better than River and although they don't score many themselves away from home, they should be able to control this game and fashion at least a few chances and should edge it so I think that the away win is worth a low stake punt. Godoy vs Racing - over 2.5 goals all the way. Godoy are over-achieving but delightfully so by playing good, attacking football despite not having particularly good players available to them. They get outclassed by good sides but Racing, for all their history, are not a particularly good side nowadays, especially away from home. Godoy have already reached the Copa Libertadores so have no interest in this game but they attack with hunger either way so I expect goals from them. Racing need as many points as they can get so their secure defence will have to leave their own half at somepoint and Godoy will capitalise. I fancy Racing to edge this one after Velez destroyed Godoy but I'd cover with DNB if you're taking the risky plunge into 1x2 world. However, for me, this has over 2.5 goals all over it, especially as Racing have broken free of crap away form lately with good wins at Newells and Banfield respectively. Hope that helps guys :) All content taken from www.thefootytipster.com

Event Newell's Old Boys - Olimpo
Selection Newell's Old Boys
Strength 10/10
Date 09/12/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.65
Reasoning On the hosts side, Vella and Salvatierra will replace the suspended Formica and Borghello, on tonight's game against Olimpo Bahia Blanca. Newells Old Boys is one point behind Racing, the last team that would be qualified to Libertadores today, if Independiente won't win the Sudamericana. Newells on the preparation on this game against Olimpo showed that they will make some changes. Looking to game against San Lorenzo, Luciano Vella and Daniel Salvatierra will replace Mauro Formica and Iván Borghello. Only on the game we will see if the changes will be confirmed, but i think Sensini will make the following changes. Vella will be back after the suspension and he will replace the now suspended Formica. Like this, Mauricio Sperduti will be on attack playing as forward. Beside that, Salvatierra will replace Borghello to play with Luis Rodríguez. This should be the starting eleven: Sebastián Peratta; Agustín Alayes, Rolando Schiavi, Gabriel Cichero; Vella, Lucas Bernardi, Diego Mateo, Marcelo Estigarribia; Sperduti, Salvatierra and Rodríguez.

Event Newell's Old Boys - Olimpo
Selection Newell's Old Boys
Strength 10/10
Date 09/12/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.65
Reasoning On the hosts side, Vella and Salvatierra will replace the suspended Formica and Borghello, on tonight's game against Olimpo Bahia Blanca. Newells Old Boys is one point behind Racing, the last team that would be qualified to Libertadores today, if Independiente won't win the Sudamericana. Newells on the preparation on this game against Olimpo showed that they will make some changes. Looking to game against San Lorenzo, Luciano Vella and Daniel Salvatierra will replace Mauro Formica and Iván Borghello. Only on the game we will see if the changes will be confirmed, but i think Sensini will make the following changes. Vella will be back after the suspension and he will replace the now suspended Formica. Like this, Mauricio Sperduti will be on attack playing as forward. Beside that, Salvatierra will replace Borghello to play with Luis Rodríguez. This should be the starting eleven: Sebastián Peratta; Agustín Alayes, Rolando Schiavi, Gabriel Cichero; Vella, Lucas Bernardi, Diego Mateo, Marcelo Estigarribia; Sperduti, Salvatierra and Rodríguez.
Careful, if Independiente wins Copa Sudamericana tonight, Newell's won't have chances of qualifying to Copa Libertadores and motivation to beat Olimpo will be much smaller...

Careful' date=' if Independiente wins Copa Sudamericana tonight, Newell's won't have chances of qualifying to Copa Libertadores and motivation to beat Olimpo will be much smaller...[/quote'] indepediente won yesterday after penalty shotout so now newell's dont need a win???

indepediente won yesterday after penalty shotout so now newell's dont need a win???
Exactly, they play for nothing. Still will probably win because Olimpo is a bad team, but 10/10 and without Formica in the starting lineup, sounds completely crazy for a team that scored only 1 goal in the last 5 games.

Event Banfield - Boca Juniors
Selection Banfield AH 0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 09/12/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.73
Reasoning After being official that Julio César Falcioni is the choosen to succeed Claudio Borghi, Boca will face Banfield in the stadium Florencio Sola on a game counting for day 18 of Apertura. The game will mark the starting point on the negotiations between Boca and the coach, whos has contract with Banfield until 2012. After the game they will start to negotiate. Boca, who is thinking of Falcione to forget another unbelievable season, will try his second consecutive win, while Banfield has already five winless games, with four defeats and a draw. Both teams are not playing for anything, but they need a win to have some happiness on their bad seasons. On this visit, Roberto Pompei will make a change on the team that won 1-0 against Quilmes: Clemente Rodríguez, who was suspended, will replace Enzo Ruiz. On the hosts, Falcioni will make two changes on the team that was defeated 2-1 by All Boys: Víctor López, who was suspended, will replace Favio Segovia and Gabriel Méndez will replace Jerónimo Barrales.

The only two sides that can be relegated from the Primera Division at the moment are Huracan and River Plate but River's much-needed performances of late have given them a great chance of avoiding the drop. In fact, when Velez destroy Huracan tonight, River's security in the division is confirmed. Huracan have to win at Velez, which they won't do, so I think River may be a tad complacent tonight. [url=http://www.thefootytipster.com]
Sorry but this is wrong info because relegations are not decided after Apertura, only after Clausura. I would put a link to my blog where i explain how this works but i already did it and it was deleted. :(

Sorry but this is wrong info because relegations are not decided after Apertura, only after Clausura. I would put a link to my blog where i explain how this works but i already did it and it was deleted. :(
That's because you didn't ask.;) Why not just post the info here anyway, no need to direct people to a blog. :ok

That's because you didn't ask.;) Why not just post the info here anyway, no need to direct people to a blog. :ok
I wrote a few articles on the blog about the league system, averages table, etc. I think it's fair that if i write them on my blog, to be able at least to link people to it. :) But of course, i understand if forum rules don't allow it. Let me know if i can do it (maybe through PM) and i can post the info here and at least include a link to the blog. :ok