UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December

Agree with Spirit with regards to the Barcelona correct scores.... As awsome a team as the Catalans are, they will rest players here and the game doesn't offer much importance to the home side. Ruben will set up defensively and will want to leave Spain with a respectable score line. Can actually see this being a bit of a bore.
Rubin still have a small chance to qualify so I see them attacking a lot at some point especially of Panathinaikos will produce some surprice against Copenhagen.
Barcelona - Rubin Barcelona is really amazing at the moment and they keep clean sheets in almost every game and score plenty of goals. Even though Barcelona have qualified and are guaranteed the top spot in the group I can see them destroying Rubin here, even if they rest some of their key players. Rubin is not so good as they were last season, so I can see Barcelona taking revenge here. Barcelona 4-0 @ 19.00 (1 unit) Ladbrokes Barcelona 5-0 @ 67.00 (1 unit) Ladbrokes Barcelona 6-0 @ 126.00 (0.5 unit) William Hill Barcelona 7-0 @ 251.00 (0.3 unit) William Hill
I saw dream last night that I was checking livescore and Barcelona was winning 8-0. I know it means nothing and I saw that dream because I was checking this forum and markets for Barcelona game before going to bed, but will place a very small stake on this outcome. Barcelona 8-0 @ 501.00 (0.1 unit) William Hill

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copenhagen has seven points, just one more than Rubin Kazan. This means that they are the unique interested team on the result. Panathinaikos not even to Europa league will pass, which means that in this game will only Copenhagen decide if they continue on Champions League or if they pass to Europa League.
Correct me if I am wrong, but if Rubin can only qualify with a win against Barca, right? If that is the case then Copenhagen are already qualified.

Don't fancy the Barca correct scores at all having seen the players out. Rubin are a very defensive side' date=' they would get football stopped, I'm sure it was them who played 4-6-0 in an earlier group game. Can't see a side that sets up like that shipping a lot of goals.[/quote'] That was rangers!!!! Haha can't remember opposition but it was hilarious seeing no one up top when they booted it upfield! Hah

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 15-15-3 -1.95 units (50.00%) Rubin Kazan +1 (+123) to bet 1 unit This game will be completely meaningless to Barcelona. They are going to rest a lot of players, while Rubin Kazan needs a win to get into the next stage. I'm not saying that Rubin is going to win this game, but a draw in conceivable IMO. They aren't scoring much, but there defense has been impressive, only allowing 2 goals in 5 games so far. For whatever reason Rubin has also played well against Barcelona. They haven't lost to them yet in the last 2 years out of 3 games, 2 draws and a a win for Rubin . Just goals allowed in those 2 games, again, pretty impressive. I'm a little worried because they might press too much and open it up for Barcelona to get some chances, but I could see this being a 0-0 draw. Going with the +1 to be safe.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Barcelona-Rubin = over (1.75) bet365 Barcelona 1 st place 11 points Rubin 3 rd place 6 points Preview: Barcelona: injured: Keita, Milito. Rubin: injured: Orekhov; in doubt: Eduardo. Barcelona have a score of w3-d2-l0 23 goals conceded three goals scored while Rubin has a score of w1-d3-l1 2 goals scored 2 goals conceded. Barcelona will rest some bigwig like: Xavi, Alves, Pedro, Villa but there will still be room for Iniesta and Messi. Rubin Kazan in the previous three with Barcelona in the Champions League has not lost in the end I think it is a game full of goals :hope:hope:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Lyon- Apoel = over(1.60) bet365 Lyon 2 nd place 9 points Apoel 4 th place 4 points Preview: Lyon: injured: Gourcuff, Clement, Ederson, Delgado; returning from an injury Cris, Toulalan. Apoel: absent: Rocchi, Lala; Shish returning from an injury, Taoma. Lyon has a score of w3 d0-l2-8 goals scored 9 goals conceded while Apoel has a score of w1-d1-l3 goals scored 5 goals conceded 8. Game that Lyon must win and hope for a misstep by Schalke in the first group to arrive while Apoel still harbors some hope to join Europe League then I think it's an open game with many goals. :hope:hope:hope

That was rangers!!!! Haha can't remember opposition but it was hilarious seeing no one up top when they booted it upfield! Hah
Nah think you are getting confused with the Wattenaccio- the ultra defensive 5-4-1. Scotland played 4-6-0 away in the Czech Republic but it was first used by Rubin Kazan. http://www.helium.com/items/1979257-soccer-formations-assessing-the-new-4-6-0-tactical-formation Levein wasn’t the inventor of this odd formation, however. It first came to prominence when Russian club side Rubin Kazan used it successfully to frustrate Barcelona, claiming a very notable 1-1 draw against one of Europe’s mightiest teams. The idea is to squeeze the space in the centre of the pitch, making it extremely difficult for the attacking team to make a breakthrough. However, the idea is that it can also be used to attacking purpose. So good luck to Mustafa, hope you win your bet but can't see Rubin conceding that many.

Lyon- Apoel = over(1.60) bet365 Lyon 2 nd place 9 points Apoel 4 th place 4 points Preview: Lyon: injured: Gourcuff, Clement, Ederson, Delgado; returning from an injury Cris, Toulalan. Apoel: absent: Rocchi, Lala; Shish returning from an injury, Taoma. Lyon has a score of w3 d0-l2-8 goals scored 9 goals conceded while Apoel has a score of w1-d1-l3 goals scored 5 goals conceded 8. Game that Lyon must win and hope for a misstep by Schalke in the first group to arrive while Apoel still harbors some hope to join Europe League then I think it's an open game with many goals. :hope:hope:hope
what????????it is Hapoel Tel Aviv and not Apoel Nicosia!!!!Lyon has got Lisandro Lopez back who is a very good scorer.

Barcelona-Rubin = over (1.75) bet365 Barcelona 1 st place 11 points Rubin 3 rd place 6 points Preview: Barcelona: injured: Keita, Milito. Rubin: injured: Orekhov; in doubt: Eduardo. Barcelona have a score of w3-d2-l0 23 goals conceded three goals scored while Rubin has a score of w1-d3-l1 2 goals scored 2 goals conceded. Barcelona will rest some bigwig like: Xavi, Alves, Pedro, Villa but there will still be room for Iniesta and Messi. Rubin Kazan in the previous three with Barcelona in the Champions League has not lost in the end I think it is a game full of goals :hope:hope:hope
Barcelona will also be without Villa,Pedro and Xavi who are rested.Also nominated are 5 youth players.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Like Manchester United-Valencia under 2,5.Red Devils will play with their best team to make sure they become first in the group to avoid Barcelona,Real Madrid and Bayern Munich in the next round.They also have a clean sheet so far and they could become the first team in the CL to keep a clean sheet in the group stage. under 2,5 2,08 bet365 6pts GL:hope

Barcelona - Rubin Barcelona is really amazing at the moment and they keep clean sheets in almost every game and score plenty of goals. Even though Barcelona have qualified and are guaranteed the top spot in the group I can see them destroying Rubin here, even if they rest some of their key players. Rubin is not so good as they were last season, so I can see Barcelona taking revenge here. Barcelona 4-0 @ 19.00 (1 unit) Ladbrokes Barcelona 5-0 @ 67.00 (1 unit) Ladbrokes Barcelona 6-0 @ 126.00 (0.5 unit) William Hill Barcelona 7-0 @ 251.00 (0.3 unit) William Hill
3 games,no victory for barcelona yet,and now,with second string against a full motivated russian team those bets are simply unrealistic

3 games' date='no victory for barcelona yet,and now,with second string against a full motivated russian team those bets are simply unrealistic[/quote'] I have to agree with that. Just checked Barca website and it is mentioned that Pinto (goalkeeper) will play, so now even Barcelona win seems unlikely. Well my bet is placed so will watch the game and support Barcelona.

I have to agree with that. Just checked Barca website and it is mentioned that Pinto (goalkeeper) will play, so now even Barcelona win seems unlikely. Well my bet is placed so will watch the game and support Barcelona.
Don't see why the win is unlikely just because they have rotated goalkeepers? Valdez was hardly seem as reliable until the last couple of seasons..not a good match to bet on imo, too many missings for Barca and predictably lousy odds expect Barca will win but doubt it will be by a huge margin, little reason to think that looking at Rubin's record domestically and in europe. Would go with the unders call if pushed.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Bursaspor v Rangers I wish you all a nice profit in CL games... The thing that catches my eye for this game is the bookie's wrong evaluation about Bursa... Bursa plays controlled football and does a good job in a defence when they play away or when they play point games in local league... I mean, if Bursa plays patient game , then you can expect a nice closed play by them.. In a league game or against Rangers away game where they managed to do that... But this is not the game where Bursa's defense or that kind of mantality will be the premium asset... I totally expect an open game by Bursa... There will be a kind of rotation and players who didnt play before may start... Rangers also have some missings according to the reports as well... What I actually want to point is that the Bursa we know plays patiantly and acts as a team of playes who got used to playing... Today its the opposite... Bursa wants a win for the pride but also will field some new players and the morale is not in top after Besiktas's game and these factors may create chances for Rangers at least in counters... I still believe that Bursa may get a close win though considering Bursa at least have something extra to play for besides money... Pride and prestige... Besides, the price offered is a catch for me and a clear bookie mistake for me under the light of these facts... So ; Both Teams To Score @1.80 Bwin 5/10 Over 2.5 Goals @2.20 10Bet 3/10 Bursaspor (-1)(N)(EH) @3.50 10Bet 1/10 2-1 Correct Score @8.15 10bet 1/10 Good Luck smile.gif

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Bursapor v Rangers Neither team with much to play for here so I'm not expecting an overly exciting game of brilliant football. I've taken a dip into the corners market here as I often feel that with games with little to player for there are generally less corners. So far this season in the champions league, away from home Rangers had no corners against Man Utd and 3 corners against Valencia. Bursapor have done better at home with 7 corners against United and 9 against Valencia, but those were more open games with more to play for, plus Bursapor were chasing the game from early on. Under 9.5 Corners @ 6/4 - 5pts - StanJames

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Am not posting lately due to busy schedule, but after seeing some comments regarding that Kazan will be beaten by at least 3 goals by Barca here just my thoughts: if I didn't have lost my sense of how bookies set traps, this match is again one of their biggest ones. Many punters assume big name Barca will smash Rubin Kazan at home 4:0, 5:0 or even higher, like they did so many times at ome against big names like Bayern, Lyon or 2 weeks ago Real M. D'accord! Nothing to say about that, many times Barca surprises us with really huge performances, even when they seam to be in a slight weaker period. And this atmosphere is exactly what bookies needed and wanted!! Even being unbeaten in 3 matches against Barca, even winning at Camp Nou last year (against a better B team to be exactly)and even knowing Kazan is unbeaten in their last 14 matches in all competitions, wouldn't keep them off to offer us Barca as big favs... Barca have secured top of the group, outcome of this match is meaningless to them and Pepe is smart enough to to give some key players some rest, regarding next match against Sevilla at weekend. The last year's Russian champion is only 1 point behind Kopenhavn, so I really doubt they will sit back and watch the Barca magic show, knowing they could even reach next stage with a good performance tonight, like they already did last year. Mates, having said that all, with all confirmed absences at Barca side and high motivation to get smth out of this match on Russian side I really doubt Barca B performing well against this compact and defesivly well-organized team from Tatarstan (conceded only 2 goals in 5 CL matches speaks for itself). Even if Barca finally manages to win against Rubin, I can't see them blowing the Russians away, like they already didn't 3 times in their most succesful last 2 years so far!! I assume that we will be witness of a really tight affair again @ Camp Nou tonight. Kazan +1 @1,91 (188 Bet) is my call. GL @all :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Hi guys, I just checked Inter team news look who WILL NOT be playing tonight; Lucio, Milito,Sneijder this is in addition to the injuries of Cesar, Stankovic, Coutinho, Maicon,Samuel and Chivu. Thats why I'm going to take the 2.50 on offer with Paddys for home win. Also point to note Werder never lost to an Italian team in 9 attempts.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Hoping not too many goals are scored tonight :hope Twente Enchede - Tottenham under 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle You get the impression that this may be a nothing game with Twente finishing third in this group while Spurs have alread qualified. Twente have drawn 1-1 with Werder Bremen and 2-2 with Inter Milan in their 2 home games while Spurs lsot 4-3 at Inter Milan and drew 2-2 at Werder Bremen. While if this was played a couple of rounds ago, and with points really important then, the overs would look very good, but need to question the motivation of the players, especially Spurs as they are likely to focus on their upcoming game with Chelsea, and will probably rest some players Werder Bremen - Inter Milan under 2.12 pinnacle Bremen are going to finish bottom of the group while Inter have aleady qualified for the next round. Expect Inter to rest some players as they have an upcoming tournament where they will need to keep their squad fresh for this. As for Bremen, they have an important game with league leaders Borussia Dortmund, so they too will have other things on their mind, than this game. Doubt that there will be much intensity, so liking a low scoring game here Benfica - Schalke under 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle This looks like another game where there is question marks about the teams that are playing and their motivation to play. Benfica need a win and to score at least 5 goals and hope Lyon lose, so they will be going for victory here. However if Lyon lead as expected, then doubt that they will have much enthusiasm to continue playing at the same tempo knowing they cannot progress to the next round. As for Schalke, they have progressed through to the next round, and they whave their sights on the weekend fixture with second placed Mainz, so their focus is elsewhere. Lyon - Hapoel Tel Aviv under 2.5 @ 2.61 pinnacle Lyon's first priority is not to concede as a point here will be enough to see them through to the next stage. However with a win, they may even go top, so that will be their next target, so they will be then be looking to score once they believe they are in the position to control the game. If they do score, doubt that they will be too motivated to keep going forward, so like them to defend and coast to at least a point from this game. Hapoel need a win, but know that if they expose themselves, then their chances of victory are slim, given that Lyon beat Schalke 1-0 at home and beat Benfica 2-0 at home, while they lost 3-1 at Schalke and 2-0 at Benfica, so they will not want to concede early on. Low scoring game here looks likely given these circumstances Man Utd - Valencia under 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Both teams have qualified for the next phase, so they will be happy to play this one out. Man Utd have not allowed a goal in any of their 5 previous CL games this season, so they will be looking to maintain that record here, as well as they will be focused on their upcoming game against Arsenal on the weekend, while Valencia have only conceded 3 goals in therir 5 games, so they too have a pretty solid defence. Like the look of a low scoring game here. Barcelona - Rubin Kazan under 2.5 @ 2.10 pinnacle With Barcelona resting a number of players then doubt that they will have a comprehensive victory against a Rubin Kazan side that they struggled to beat in previous fixtures, as Rubin have beaten them once (2-1) and drawn the other two games, 1-1 and 0-0 in Kazan. With the form they are in, you would expect this Barcelona side to beat Rubin quite easily though, but with many of their key players not playing in this game, so this will be difficult. Expect Rubin to be patient because even though with a win they may jump into second spot if Copenhagen draw or lose, even a draw may be enough if Copenhagen lose, so they will be listening and watching from the sidelines, how to play the game, whether to sit back and wait, or go from it. For Barcelona, havign qualified, and the decision to rest so many players is an indication that they do not care too much about this game

Hoping not too many goals are scored tonight :hope Twente Enchede - Tottenham under 2.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle You get the impression that this may be a nothing game with Twente finishing third in this group while Spurs have alread qualified. Twente have drawn 1-1 with Werder Bremen and 2-2 with Inter Milan in their 2 home games while Spurs lsot 4-3 at Inter Milan and drew 2-2 at Werder Bremen. While if this was played a couple of rounds ago, and with points really important then, the overs would look very good, but need to question the motivation of the players, especially Spurs as they are likely to focus on their upcoming game with Chelsea, and will probably rest some players Werder Bremen - Inter Milan under 2.12 pinnacle Bremen are going to finish bottom of the group while Inter have aleady qualified for the next round. Expect Inter to rest some players as they have an upcoming tournament where they will need to keep their squad fresh for this. As for Bremen, they have an important game with league leaders Borussia Dortmund, so they too will have other things on their mind, than this game. Doubt that there will be much intensity, so liking a low scoring game here Lyon - Hapoel Tel Aviv under 2.5 @ 2.61 pinnacle Lyon's first priority is not to concede as a point here will be enough to see them through to the next stage. However with a win, they may even go top, so that will be their next target, so they will be then be looking to score once they believe they are in the position to control the game. If they do score, doubt that they will be too motivated to keep going forward, so like them to defend and coast to at least a point from this game. Hapoel need a win, but know that if they expose themselves, then their chances of victory are slim, given that Lyon beat Schalke 1-0 at home and beat Benfica 2-0 at home, while they lost 3-1 at Schalke and 2-0 at Benfica, so they will not want to concede early on. Low scoring game here looks likely given these circumstances Man Utd - Valencia under 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Both teams have qualified for the next phase, so they will be happy to play this one out. Man Utd have not allowed a goal in any of their 5 previous CL games this season, so they will be looking to maintain that record here, as well as they will be focused on their upcoming game against Arsenal on the weekend, while Valencia have only conceded 3 goals in therir 5 games, so they too have a pretty solid defence. Like the look of a low scoring game here.
I like your reasoning for the above four games and will take them in an accumulator. Good luck :hope 4-Fold Accumulator @ 18.39 (1 unit) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December These are my bets for today: one single and a double. Single: Twente - Tottehnham away 2.40 5/10 Unibet I am playing here on Tottenham because they have motivation to win this and they have quality and their side they alredy showed that in the first game when they hosted Twente, they demolished Twente with 4:1.In that game they showed how much above Twente they are at the moment, and I dont see a way in which this Twente can cause any troubles to Tottenham.Maybe someone will say that Tottenham isnt so motivated because they are already progressed in the next stage, but believe me they will surely wont to win this game because in that case they wont face the biggest European teams.As for Twente I am sure that they will want to win this game too but I dont think that they can stop the fast Tottenhams midfielders.Another fact that makes me more comfortable about this bet is that Bryan Ruiz wont be able to play this game because of the injury. The double is: Manchester - Valencia home 1.60 Lyon - Hapoel home 1.30 5.5/10 Williamhill I think that Valencia isnt ready enough to make something more on Old Trafford.Manchester will surely want to win this game for the same reasons as Tottenham.They can play for a draw as well but I dont think that they will do because they know that they could concede a goal from Valencia so I dont expect that. Lyon is at least a class above Hapoel.Lyon won the game in Israel, and I dont see a reason why they wouldnt do it in France.Lyon is a typical CL team, in last years the are one of the most successful teams in the CL.They havent won their last two CL games so I think that they wont lack motivation. Good luck everyone!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December I took Lyon/Lyon (HT/FT) @1.82 yesterday. It seems a very good bet. Must check the odds now. In french league, Lyon have a home record of 4W 3D 1L (10:6), in half time their numbers are pretty good 5W 3D 0L (6:0). In Champions League, all matches that Lyon have won this year, they end the first half winning. In the other hand, Hapoel lost the first half of every game they end up losing in Champions League. Even though Hapoel still have something to fight for, only victory will help then to get the spot in European League. So I don't think they'll seat back and wait to try something in the end. That will make things easier for Lyon. Besides that I believe that Israeli team will suffer with the cold weather, and Lyon will be very motivated as they have a pretty good chance of finish first in the group.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Bursaspor vs. Rangers Bursaspor are bottom of the group with 0 points from a possible 15. Rangers have already secured 3rd spot and with that, A Europa League place. Using that logic, they, in theory have nothing to play for. There have been rumours flying around that Walter Smith may rest Kenny Miller blah blah blah further supporting the fact that this is a dead rubber to them. Similarly Bursa on the other hand also have nothing to play for however, I'm sure they will not want to leave the Champions League without any points. Now using the facts that I have just mentioned, its almost impossible to back a winner. However Rangers really aren't that great going forward and have won just one of their last 17 Champions League away games. Bursa will be at home in front of their fans playing for nothing, probably looking to just express themselves. Bursaspor to Win & Under 2.5 Goals was priced at 4.00 with Bet365 however I am not 100% on the result. For that matter I shall back: Bursaspor to Score First @ 1.66 FC Copenhagen vs. Panathinakos The Danish side will become the first team in Danish history to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League with a win here, at home infront of thousands of their fans. They've actually been quite impressive this season in the Champions League and will definitely want to avoid falling short here with history awaiting them. Pana have been diabolical this year. They're bottom of the group with nothing to play for having not scored in their last three Champions League games. They have left Georkas Seitiridis and Sidney Govou behind in Greece too for reasons I am not 100% sure about. The manager has been quoted in saying he wants to take this game seriously but I just think Copenhagen have the ultimate motivation in this tie and won't be stopped by a weak Panathinakos team. There isn't really any value in the straight Home Win at 1.50 so I will take the AH (-1) market to get some cover on a narrow win. Copenhagen AH (-1) @ 1.90 Some tough fixtures today actually. However, those are my picks, they pay 3.15 in a double. Get involved. :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Tottenham 2pts @ 2.37, William Hill Tottenham need a win to confirm top place tonight, and I don't see them messing up. A win at 2.37 is a great bet, IMO. - Copenhagen 2pts @ 1.44, William Hill Copenhagen need a win to secure a place into the next round, and with Rubin having the possibility to beat a weakened Barcelona side (due to Barca already through) Copenhagen should seize the chance. Panathanikos haven't won a game, and only scored one goal! I'll definitely back Copenhagen to beat them. Copenhagen are not big scorers themselves, so Under 2.5 might be a good bet here. - Lyon 2pts @ 1.30, William Hill Benfica 2pts @ 1.75, William Hill Both of these teams will be looking for a win in group B, and I'm pretty sure Benfica will beat Schalke at home (tip from another source). Lyon are the highest scoring team in the group and face a week Tel-Aviv side. - I'd stay away from Barcelona vs Rubin, Bursaspor vs Rangers, Man Utd vs Valencia and Werder Bremen vs Inter Milan, these seem too tough to call, and I don't have enough player information. There could be a few draws across those games. The games I have listed are all must wins, and the teams they face are either already qualified, or a weak bottom of the group side. Just some food for thought.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Re the Spurs game; really doubt we will be resting players. It's a big game for us because we want to avoid Barcelona etc in the next round. Playing in the CL is a novelty for most of our players and they have devoted a lot of energy to it and I see that continuining tonight despite having already qualified. I'm 99% certain we will play as strong a team as possible tonight. On the other hand Twente will not want to go out of the CL without having won at home, and they will feel they owe their fans a performance. I don't like to bet on my team but if I was going to I'd take the away win and overs tonight. Overs because we concede to almost everyone but our attack is very strong, and as I say both teams will be trying to get the three points tonight.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December Twente will miss their best player Ruiz. Landzaat will replace him, but is offensive not as good as Ruiz. Both the central defenders will miss the next Euroleague match if they get a booking, so they wont play as sharp as needed. Also the goalkeeper will be replaced and Tiendalli is back in the first 11 after a few weeks out. Last but not least, Twente will face a difficult away match next weekend and that will be more important then a win tonight. As said by others, Tottenham will be more then happy to keep the first place in group to avoid Barca, Real etc. Tottenham to win @2,30 Bet at Home

If I remember rightly' date=' Spurs were around 2.15 yesterday but can now be found at 2.30. Can anyone shed any light on why Spurs are drifting?[/quote'] Lennon(heel) and Modric(flu) are doubts, Harry said it will be almost as strong a team as possible but with maybe one or two changes. I think Corluka will come in for Hutton(personally I rate Corluka higher anyway) and maybe Dawson in for Gallas as he's played every game more or less over the past couple of months. VDV is a big miss as our strikers' goal return is pathetic at the moment, but with Bale we always have a chance ;)