UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 7th December

Benfica - Schalke Over 2' date=5 Goals @ 2,05 A risky one, but the odds are worth it. I see them this high because of Schalke's away games - a narrow loss to Lyon and a 0-0 in Israel. Solid clean sheets at home vs main rivals Lyon and Benfica - that as well. Possibly the clean sheet vs Bayern added some spice here too. The game itself - I do not see Schalke winning. As much as they would love to avoid the big guns in the knock-out stage, Benfica also need Euro football in spring. Which doesn't mean the Germans already dropped the game, by no means. I imagine a confident Schalke, yet a more relaxed one now, and a team that won't lose anything if they go forward more often - on the contrary, a possible win here gives them a major advantage later. Going forward seems easier to this Schalke, scoring is no longer a major problem. Then you got that excellent GK, and then what? A defense with so many ups and downs this season that I don't trust them no matter how many clean sheets they have... Benfica do not look solid at the back either, still they remain as dangerous as ever in attack. I somehow feel sorry for these guys - they are going out for a win here and the best they can get in a place in Europa League... so I see two scenarios 1) a slightly more open and relaxed Schalke is what Benfica needs for a riot and 2) a goal for Schalke could crack Benfica and turn the game upside down, into another goal feast... I do not rule out 1-0, 2-0 1-1 as possible outcomes, yet the odds are very generous. Twente - THFC Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,95 Twente are steady at third spot as of the H2H with Werder, so I see them going out for pride and relaxed, and they wouldn't mind scalping Spurs here at all! The game in London was by no means a one-way traffic despite the flattering result for THFC - a team with more CL experience could have used that red card better. Fact is Twente created enough to look dangerous for some periods, and let's face it - anyone can score vs Spurs. I am also sure Spurs are going out for a win. Fine, the group stage is a success as it is, going into the next round in what I consider the hardest group is big enough. Still, I am sure HR now has bigger appetites and he would love to avoid the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern and possibly Lyon, along with Man Utd. He proved he learns fast in CL, he has good options both in MF and in attack, and his team is enjoying a good momentum. Overall - all things I need to go for Over 2,5 Goals are here. Werder - Inter Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,90 To me these are excellent odds for a game with Werder involved, and no matter who they play - exactly the kind of game you would expect them to either shine, or occasionally sparkle and get demolished. With Almeida back in the line-up I would feel far more confident. For the record the odds for the same pick in the game between Werder and Twente were 1,61. With this in mind and with Inter looking for a win no need to support the pick with further reasoning. All bets are with bet365, all are with 10 units each. I also did the games above in a combo, adding Over 3,5 Goals in Arsenal and Over 2,75 Goals in Bayern, with 3-, 4- and 5-fold, 16 bets with 2 units each - my highest staked amount in CL so far this season :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope Good luck all!
Well played :clap

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bursapor v Rangers Neither team with much to play for here so I'm not expecting an overly exciting game of brilliant football. I've taken a dip into the corners market here as I often feel that with games with little to player for there are generally less corners. So far this season in the champions league, away from home Rangers had no corners against Man Utd and 3 corners against Valencia. Bursapor have done better at home with 7 corners against United and 9 against Valencia, but those were more open games with more to play for, plus Bursapor were chasing the game from early on. Under 9.5 Corners @ 6/4 - 5pts - StanJames
Could easily have been double figures in what was a really strange match. Bursa only upped the pace after they scored late on and i expected much more urgency from them after going behind. It can be a very volatile market with a lot of luck involved, and i think this was a brave call so well done on your bet at nice odds mate:ok

Benfica - Schalke Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,05 Twente - THFC Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,95 Werder - Inter Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,90 All bets are with bet365, all are with 10 units each. I also did the games above in a combo, adding Over 3,5 Goals in Arsenal and Over 2,75 in Bayern, with 3-, 4- and 5-fold, 16 bets with 2 units each - my highest staked amount in CL so far this season..
Boom! Only a goal needed to Munich to make it full house, but 3 goals was OK too :dude Bring on CL every day! :D