PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added

morlspin

PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added  

1. 1.

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added I think the best solution would be to just come up with an extra seat. I was thinking about buying in to the game anyway, but when I bubble a tourney then I hate to do that. It's not the money it's just that I stopped counting when I reached $40k worth of bubbles this year due to back luck and weird issues like here. I think matthew deserves a seat overall, then if PL would like to come up with another seat in this pl team for me then that would be great.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added I can understand the point to get more people in a promotion. But in a freeroll this should anyway not be the problem But instead of open the promotions up to anyone wouldnt it be better to ask the people why they not do it? As with no rules it is really open to everyone, and I am not sure if it is still a forum game than or not just a freeroll. I quite like it as it was, who wants to play must be a pl member the month before and have a certain amount of posts. Otherwise people can just join the forum the day before, post i want to play, play and vanish. And I am not sure if I like this. As I see it the promotions are a treat for the members and if now anyone can just play it, than where is the treat there?

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added

I think the best solution would be to just come up with an extra seat. I was thinking about buying in to the game anyway, but when I bubble a tourney then I hate to do that. It's not the money it's just that I stopped counting when I reached $40k worth of bubbles this year due to back luck and weird issues like here. I think matthew deserves a seat overall, then if PL would like to come up with another seat in this pl team for me then that would be great.
i think Bene is being good about this, but as post 1 states you needed to have made at least 1 post, matthew didnt so he wasnt a member of the forum when he won the seat,so this disqualifies him...simples. else whats the point? might just as well tell every tom,dick and harry and then what??? just my twopence worth. i would like to add,its nothing personal against matthew and i hope he can play in any future games

i think Bene is being good about this, but as post 1 states you needed to have made at least 1 post, matthew didnt so he wasnt a member of the forum when he won the seat,so this disqualifies him...simples.
Not as simple as that Al as that was not the condition strictly speaking. It was not in post 1, it was further down the thread in post 20. Also, it did not strictly say that a member had to have made at least 1 post, it said the member had to be a posting member, slight difference there. :ok As we keep re-itirating, it is really important that PL attracts new members to the forum to play these promos or else there will be no promos at all in the future. Yes, of course there's going to be a few who just post up just for the password and vanish, however, I reckon there'll also be a few who will go on to be excellent genuine members. :ok

Not as simple as that Al as that was not the condition strictly speaking. It was not in post 1, it was further down the thread in post 20. Also, it did not strictly say that a member had to have made at least 1 post, it said the member had to be a posting member, slight difference there. :ok As we keep re-itirating, it is really important that PL attracts new members to the forum to play these promos or else there will be no promos at all in the future. Yes, of course there's going to be a few who just post up just for the password and vanish, however, I reckon there'll also be a few who will go on to be excellent genuine members. :ok
i stand corrected ;) but you have answered it as well, A POSTING MEMBER, he wasnt :ok. if he had said hello BEFORE the game started this wouldnt be happening. have no problem with trying to attract new members,every forum needs them,but you have to have some sort of precedent.

Not as simple as that Al as that was not the condition strictly speaking. It was not in post 1' date=' it was further down the thread in post 20. [b']Also, it did not strictly say that a member had to have made at least 1 post, it said the member had to be a posting member, slight difference there. :ok As we keep re-itirating, it is really important that PL attracts new members to the forum to play these promos or else there will be no promos at all in the future. Yes, of course there's going to be a few who just post up just for the password and vanish, however, I reckon there'll also be a few who will go on to be excellent genuine members. :ok
Sorry Gaz, but what on earth is a posting member if its not someone who has made a post????? Clearly that condition states that the winners had to be posting members - if somebody can't even be bothered to post 'I'd like to play' prior to the game why should they receive the prize in light of this statement? Whether this statement is in the opening post or not is clearly irrelevant - it has been posted by a mod in this thread. Whilst I can see PL needs to attract new members in some way, surely they should be expected to have read the thread in question.

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added Doesnt it mean that a posting member has at least 1 post? I mean how can it be a posting member without having a post??? And from my view, the post I want to play well it is a post but does not really make a posting member And silly me I thought the promos are for members of the forum to give them a bit of a treat and that it is important we play them. Have not thought it is basically meant as an attraction for new people Still I think the best reason to find out why people who not play promos would be to ask them why they not doing. As far I can remember by example have some promos been rather full why others are not

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added There are clearly lessons to be learnt here and I am sure they will be. There needs to be clear concise rules for every promo in post 1 and then they should be adhered to. I will happily donate the money for DaMatrix so he can play to stop the arguing :ok

There are clearly lessons to be learnt here and I am sure they will be. There needs to be clear concise rules for every promo in post 1 and then they should be adhered to. I will happily donate the money for DaMatrix so he can play to stop the arguing :ok
Well this post for sure is given me a less on which I learn, and I think not only me I not had the feeling it was bout the money of Matrix, and as well I am sure would he post it for staking than it would be gone

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added One question i want to ask, is why didnt anyone mention this before the game, when the game was playing and when the game was down to the final table?,I was sat on Matthews table all night and not one person questioned him, asked who he was and why he hadnt posted prior. It was only after he won that anyone even bothered to look.:\ Matthew signed up and voted in the poll BEFORE my post which said you would have to be a posting member, ive looked at the dates and times and its clear to see. He joined on the 5th October, voted in the poll and my post was made on the 8th October, in no way was this Matthews fault, and he legitimately won his seat and well played to him, he keeps his seat and good luck to him in the grand prix.:hope I understand the furore about new members and the eligibilty criterias etc, but without new players and increased numbers, the promotions we are accustomed to will die, how can anyone justify 18 runners in a £1k a month league, or even 41 in a freeroll for that matter? We either change our policies, our ways and expand the forum, or we die on our arses, and im sure no one wants that!:puke If we get offered more seats, or an extra freeroll/buy in game etc, Benedetto will be the 1st person to be offered a seat, if that dosent happen, ill happilly go 50-50 with Staffy.:ok

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added I noticed very well, the few posts before the tourney started, but I thought well it had changed like lots other things have changed on forum. I was irritated as I thought there had been a 5 posts rule before. But as I said I took it as one of the many changes Again I can see the point to bring new members into promotion, but isnt it a bit very blue eyed to say new members will save us from not to die on our arses? As I said already twice, perhaps there should as well be a look at why there are less from "old" members playing the promotion? Because if it is only concentrate on new players, this wont help as well So to me it seems a bit like, well not to bother why people not do it anymore, we concentrate on new And I think both should be done

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added The problem is starshine to look after old members we need new members. We will not get the promotions we have been getting with the numbers we are running with. I am not saying I like everything thats happening in poker section at the moment and there needs to be changes but if as a forum we make mistakes and we learn from them then the forum grows stronger. If we keep making the same mistakes then fine shhot us down but just accept mistakes do happen.

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added Yes this is what I can see but I remember having played games with more players in. So I wonder why they not do it anymore. I have played more promotions and I know why I dont do them, or do less anymore So I think getting them filled should be a mix of both, getting new members to play them and find out why others dropped out. This way it should work to get them filled again

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added Fair point. I have no idea why players drop out. We have some very good players on PL and the games can be very competitive. We have the members before what they want perhaps we can do this again.

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added Ok, I'm going to butt in here guys and girls and give my view on this. For PL Poker to move forward, we have to open up our tourneys. We now have the best added value out of anyone at the moment and I'm very confident that will continue, but it can only continue if we open up. Now, Matthew won the seat and as far as I'm concerned people are being a little silly in how the qualification was phrased. Slight error on Morlspin's part perhaps, but give the guy a break, because without him right now - PL wouldn't have half the deals it has. Some of the deals are also down to me and contacts I have, and some because PL is a big site. We are opening the doors, but that shouldn't change things drastically. Sure, they'll be a little umming and arring but things change, and things have to change or PL Poker will just stand still and the deals will go out the window. I'm not shy when it comes to getting the money out and I've proved that in the past, but I am disappointed to be asked to give another seat out on a technicality, when we do so much for this Poker Community (running at a loss I might add, whether relevant or not). The request is denied. Matthew the seat is yours and you are more than welcome at PL online or live events, as is everyone now.

Don't quite agree with morls but nvm. I think everyone expects the players in the game to be posting members not just blank accounts with no posts. That's just ridic. Also for these small prizes nobody cares I guess. But yeah, so you are saying that it is ok to just sign up, vote, log off and never log back in unless you win to claim? I'm too busy multitabling to check out players and only did it at the end as I didn't know who 2 of them were. I did it when CBlades wrote in the chat that they didn't know what they'd won so that arose my suspicions about the game. Anyway, I will not be going to DTD to play this game now anyway so gg lol

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added Ok gloves are off here.... DaMatrix - can you tell me what you offer to PL apart from mostly coming on here telling us that you've qualified for something, without actually mentioning the tourney on PL beforehand? You've got some front slating anything we do - what do you offer to PL? 652 posts in 5 years - shall I go disect your contribution to PL? I best not eh, half of them are ego posts, it's just I'm one of a few that will actually come out and say it.

Ok gloves are off here.... DaMatrix - can you tell me what you offer to PL apart from mostly coming on here telling us that you've qualified for something, without actually mentioning the tourney on PL beforehand? You've got some front slating anything we do - what do you offer to PL? 652 posts in 5 years - shall I go disect your contribution to PL? I best not eh, half of them are ego posts, it's just I'm one of a few that will actually come out and say it.
I think you're being pretty harsh to DaMatrix here.......652 posts in 5 years is by no means the worst.....surely it's better to have a (respected poker playing) member posting ego stories than not posting at all (as is now likely):unsure TQM

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added a bit harsh there Paul, arent we all egotists at heart, all poker players need that confidence boost from their fellow players,i know i do. i made my points quite clearly earlier and respect the decision you have made rightly or wrongly but things are getting a bit too heated now and maybe some time to cool off would be good :ok

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added Have to agree with Morls and Paul here,and glad they have took the right decission and never gave into the Downright unsportmanship attitude,and angle shooting to bag a seat:spank How must some of the newbies feel after reading some of the comments in this thread[not very welcoming is it],they took part in good faith and won the seat fairly PuntersLounge is a great forum,and what glceud says-- is what initially brought me here--and probally all of you's-- was the unselfish posting of Good Value Tournaments. Dont let greed take over your lives lads its only a game

I think you're being pretty harsh to DaMatrix here.......652 posts in 5 years is by no means the worst.....surely it's better to have a (respected poker playing) member posting ego stories than not posting at all (as is now likely):unsure TQM
Is it? I don't want ego's on PL and we do everything to crush them and get rid of them. PL hasn't become the best betting community out there by allowing ego's to take over, quite the opposite.
a bit harsh there Paul, arent we all egotists at heart, all poker players need that confidence boost from their fellow players,i know i do. i made my points quite clearly earlier and respect the decision you have made rightly or wrongly but things are getting a bit too heated now and maybe some time to cool off would be good :ok
No, we're not all egotists at heart. I know at least 10 people who share the same view as me regarding him, and then he comes out with that crap? I'd rather live life talking the truth and lose 40 members, than live a lie and gain 400. There's no harshness, just reality.

Ok gloves are off here.... DaMatrix - can you tell me what you offer to PL apart from mostly coming on here telling us that you've qualified for something, without actually mentioning the tourney on PL beforehand? You've got some front slating anything we do - what do you offer to PL? 652 posts in 5 years - shall I go disect your contribution to PL? I best not eh, half of them are ego posts, it's just I'm one of a few that will actually come out and say it.
I read this post last night whilst playing half a dozen games, and was quite frankly amazed by your attitude Paul. I thought I'd leave posting a reply until today to see if my initial feelings had changed, but they haven't. Damatrix has been playing in some of the leagues PL has hosted over the last few months, and has contributed to the forum - maybe not in the ways you would wish, but surely if he posts a win to a live event, then that exposes those games to other members. As I stated in my previous post, it doesn't take much effort on a newcomer's part to read through the thread - then they would have seen the need to have had a post prior to the game. I hope M4tthew becomes a valuable member of the forum, but at this stage I have my doubts about that.
Is it? I don't want ego's on PL and we do everything to crush them and get rid of them. PL hasn't become the best betting community out there by allowing ego's to take over, quite the opposite. No, we're not all egotists at heart. I know at least 10 people who share the same view as me regarding him, and then he comes out with that crap? I'd rather live life talking the truth and lose 40 members, than live a lie and gain 400. There's no harshness, just reality.
Looking at the statement you made in the penultimate paragrah, why on earth are the mods requesting ideas to grow the poker forum on the same night you post something like that??? You obviously want PL to be some kind of private club where each member follows your line whatever. Well, I'm sorry to say, but you've just put me off PL for good with these 2 posts. I've made some great friends here, and enjoyed my time on the forum, and would like to wish everyone as much success as possible, I'm sure I'll see most of you at the tables somewhere. :ok

Re: PL Exclusive - DTD Poker Freeroll - 3 seats for DTD Grand Prix - €210 added Washy, you're entitled to your own opinion but you're completely wrong in what you say. We are opening the forum to everyone, so a private club is clearly what I don't want. Bizarre post by you I have to say. Anyway, this thread is done now as everyone's had their say.