** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge

Haichan

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge Final Table Chip Counts and Seats: 1. Richard Sinclair (1%ers) 232,500 2. Mark Deacon (PPP) 240,500 3. Greg Yates (Mako) 147,500 4. John Hicks (Punters) 37,500 5. Philip Rice (PPP) 46,000 6. Kevan Lim (Punters) 125,000 7. Jess Algranti (Jacks) 537,000 8. Dean Garratt (One foot in the pond) 183,500 9. Emma Fryer (Fox) 176,000

Re: Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge

Final Table Chip Counts and Seats: 1. Richard Sinclair (1%ers) 232,500 2. Mark Deacon (PPP) 240,500 3. Greg Yates (Mako) 147,500 4. John Hicks (Punters) 37,500 5. Philip Rice (PPP) 46,000 6. Kevan Lim (Punters) 125,000 7. Jess Algranti (Jacks) 537,000 8. Dean Garratt (One foot in the pond) 183,500 9. Emma Fryer (Fox) 176,000
Is John .... Dave :unsure

Re: Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge

Is John .... Dave :unsure
Yes or Farmer Bob as he was more commonly called this weekend. Good to meet the team yesterday and well played to them. I think the Glenfiddich Gang we're very impressive to start as leaders and manage to get everyone to the rail before the 1st break, it took some doing but we pulled it off :ok

Re: Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge pleased with my play,but frustrated at finishing 6th. with blinds at 6000/3000 and 500 anti had to push when raised in blind sitting on AQ and 100000 stack.race aginst 99,s which held up. dave and i played for 15 hours 6 and 7 from 190 and even with a 34000 prize fund got nothing. they will need to change the structure for next year

Re: Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge This is my overall assessment of the Circus Vegas Team challenge. Whilst I was very happy with my play and my 6th place finish in the live final, their are some fundamental problems with the tournament structure which will have to be changed if it is worth playing this team event again. Circus guaranteed a prize fund of $34000 and suggested that their would be an individual prize fund for the live final. Each player paid $300 over 16 weeks in online tournaments with half the buy in being keep for the live final. So in effect the live final was a $150 buyin with 190 players. However because the prize fund over the 16 weeks failed to hit $34,000 their was no individual prize fund other than a 1st prize of a ticket to the palm beach big game. This was changed on the day to add prizes for 2nd to 4th of $400, $250 and $150. Some of the initial prize fund should have been allocated to the live final for at least the final table. In addition because of the points structure chosen their was no incentive for winning the tournament. Points went from 100 for 1st to 1 for 100. So as an example Dave and I were 6th and 7th earning 189 points. Andy earned 36 points for 65 and if we had got a 4th player in say 67th with 34 points we would have had a total of 259 points. However we would have still been beaten by a team whose 4 players finished 30th.32nd 40th and 42nd. Absolutely no reward for reaching the final table. Also because their was no significant prize fund, in the middle of the tournament we had lots of people donking their chips off with wild all ins because their team could no longer win. The final major frustration was that circus ran a consolation freeroll on the second day. As Dave and I were in the final 23 of the main event we couldn't play and it was particularly frustrating when we find the prize fund in the freeroll was higher than the main event. Overall I enjoyed the event and was very pleased with my play. However whilst it is predominately a team event their has to be some incentive for winning the main event both individually and for the team. If circus are to avoid the ridiculous situation of people blowing their chips in the middle of the main event then their has to be a decent individual prize fund. If the team prize needs to be reduced then fine. Otherwise most people would be better off taking their $150 buyin and playing an alternative event elsewhere

Re: Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge Final update The Punters team started the final in 27th place. The 2 leading teams Glenfiddich Gang with wasp had an extra 5400 starting chips each and The Ivy League with Karl Mahrenholz had an additional 4625 chips each. Final results were : 1. PPP Top Bombers 363 points 2. Rabsbabs 323 3. Jacks 322 8. PUNTERS 226 24. The Ivey League 87 25. Glenfiddich Gang 75 So a pretty good result for the Punters team from our 27th starting place.

Re: Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge First of all it was good to meet up with a few new faces, Paul, Kevan and Colin as i had only met andy before, so good to finally put names to faces. As for the poker i pretty much echo haichan's thoughts on the poker tourney, was very dissapointing to play for 15 hours over 2 days, reach the final table and win not a cent!:wall I see they have changed the format slightly for the next one, all Final Tablists now get a pay day and teams have a maximum of 4 players this time with all 4 players counts scoring, have left the points system the same though, which should have been weighted more to the top end imo. Anyway here are details of the final next time: The Las Vegas Team Challenge II promises to be bigger and better than ever, and will be a superb weekend of poker. In order to qualify to represent your team at this fabulous Live Final, you simply need to have played in at least 8 of the weekly tournaments. There are 10 rounds in total with 20 tournaments taking place. Note: A player joining late, or one who has missed some rounds is able to ‘catch up’ by playing both games in a single round, but only their best points score each week will contribute to their team total. This page represents the current plan and is subject to change based on player numbers and other factors. Prizes The winning team will receive a fantastic Las Vegas Package worth $6,000 each – making it a $24,000 team prize. The second placed team will receive a superb European package worth $3,000 each – making it a $12,000 team prize. The winner of the Most Valuable Player prize will win a $6,000 Las Vegas Package. Furthermore: Whilst this is predominantly a team event, we are delighted to announce the following prize structure for individual players: 1st £1,500 Palm Beach Big Game Seat Package 2nd £750 Online Poker Cash 3rd £500 Online Poker Cash 4th £350 Online Poker Cash 5th £250 Online Poker Cash 6th £200 Online Poker Cash 7th £200 Online Poker Cash 8th £150 Online Poker Cash 9th £150 Online Poker Cash 10th £150 Online Poker Cash In the event of us collecting more money than the $42,000 needed to fund the prizes listed above, the balance will be paid out to players, based on their finishing positions in the Live Final as per the following payout structures.

PositionPlayers Players > 151
1st22%20%
2nd18%16%
3rd14%12%
4th12%10%
5th9%7%
6th7%6%
7th6%5%
8th5%4%
9th4%3%
10th3%2%
11th to 20th-1.5%
Prizes will be paid into online poker accounts within 72 hours of the Live Final ending. Note: In the event that we collect less money than the $42,000 needed to fund the live final prizes, we will add the difference, so the prizes are guaranteed. Personally i having been undecided whether to play the next one, but have just realised i am playing the GUKPT Walsall the same weekend as the live final for this, so that i suppose makes my mind up for me. I know Guppie is interested in playing the next one, and youonly need 4 people this time, anyone else interested?

Re: Circus Poker Las Vegas team Challenge Yeah I feel they could have added more FT prizes on the day .... :sad . I've looked at the concept of the promotion again and feel i'm not committed to the outlay needed. I prefer the Poker Idol series where they are "freerolls" and you earn points per month. Nice to meet everyone but good luck to those who participate in series II ..... ul in the Bodog HU Paul ....