** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Selections ~ Sunday 26th

345 MR: Ambrose Princess EW (12/1 Boyles bog) Fair price for this consistant mare, she likes to dictate the pace and thats the only problem today with Callisto Moon in the field, however that one may not stay this trip so she might get the lead where it matters and this course will suit her style. Been in good form on the flat too and ran well off this mark last time, the race looks competative but a lot of these are either out of form or are badly handicapped so well worth a bet at 12/1.

Re: BBOTD Selections ~ Sunday 26th 3.25 Musselburgh Commando Scott never really got going last time and only ran on when the winner had flown. Still on a reasonble mark here and the ground shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure theres another win left in this one so I'm going for a slim victory over George Benjamin. 1 Pt win 10/1 Hills

Re: BBOTD Selections ~ Sunday 26th 3.00 Ascot Johnston yard won this race last year with there wayward Record Breaker, and has won it 4 times in 10 years and they have 2 runners here today with Bay Willow looking to have a massive chance. Totally worth forgetting last race as he was unable to to get to front in hot handicap but had previously shown good improvement to win 3 races this year beating the useful Opera Girl on penultimate start who won again yesterday! Only 4lb higher for that run and could still be well handicapped for an improver and also won over CD. 1pt win Bay Willow 5/1 Tote

Re: BBOTD Selections ~ Sunday 26th 4.45 Ascot Diadem Stakes 6f Group 2 The stats Age 3-5 - Last 10 winners Age 3/4 - 8 of last 10 Favs - 2 of last 10 Price 12/1 or under - 9 of last 10 LTO winners - 3 of last 10 LTO won/placed - 4 of last 10 Runs that season 3-7 - 9 of last 10 Ran in Sprint cup at Haydock - 3 of last 10 winners Ran within 42 days - 9 of last 10 Reducing the field We can take away last years winner Sayif having only 2 runs and last ran 99 days ago and the 6yo Santo Padre. We will also take out those priced higher than 12/1 Lu Rei, Rileyskeepingfaith, Bounty box, Serious attitude, Tropical treat. This leaves a shortlist of : Kingsgate Native Dalqhar Lady fo the desert Himalya Conclusion There was 1 french winner back in 2002 when John Hammond brought across Crystal castle, however i am happy to discount the chances as it has recent form over further and this 6f will be quick today. I am looking for an out and out sprinter here. Kingsgate native and Lady of the desert were 4th and 2nd in the sprint cup at Haydock however this race favours Lady of the desert again as it gets all the allowances. The problem with Meehans horse is that it isnt proven with any cut, and that puts me off a bit. This leaves Himalya who may just appreciate the return to 6f having come so close before at this track. Bets Himalya 10/1 Bet365 - win

Re: BBOTD Selections ~ Sunday 26th 2:00 Market Rasen - Rudanphast - Back Not usually a jumps man but a distinct lack of solid bets on the flat today so am reverting to the sticks. Think he has a huge chance of completing the 4 timer here with Johnson in the saddle. Has made the transition from bumpers to hurdles nicely and he should be able to follow up on his maiden hurdles win today 1pt win @ Evens William Hill BOG

Re: BBOTD Selections ~ Sunday 26th 17:30 Market Rasen I like NHF races to look at from a breeding point of view, especially those related to flat winners. There are a few horses whose pedigree I do like, and these include my selection; Bold Warning. His dam was a decent enough winner on the flat, winning three times over 6f-7f. Half-siblings to Bold Warning have been winners on the level. Others have flashier flat pedigrees, such as the once raced Alhudhud and Furius but there are other reasons why I prefer Bold Warning. Interesting booking of Denis O'Regan who only comes here for one ride. The trainer doesn't have many runners, especially in this sphere. Hasn't had a winner for a while but they often run with credit in these races. The horse is also a 6yo so he should be a big bigger and more mature than some of the others in this race who are 4yo's. Speculative selection but one who may run well at a big price. Can imagine this may attract some market support. EW @ 28/1 VC BOG

Re: BBOTD Selections ~ Sunday 26th 5.10 Muss - Forrest Flyer - ew at 16/1 with Skybet This one has won at the track over 12 furlongs, has won elsewhere over 13 furlongs and has been a close 2nd here over todays trip of 14F and appears to act on any going. So - trip, track & going should be OK His last 3 runs have been over longer trips and he's run OK without threatening to win Should be suited by the return to a shorter trip today. Mark still looks a little high, 7lbs above last winning mark, but has been dropped 2 lbs since last run This brings me to the angle I'm looking at for today - the booking of 7 lb claimer, Paul Norton. This lad's on fire !........his last 5 runners (4 of them for todays trainer) have seen 2 winners, a 2nd and 2 3rds, all at decent odds Looks like he could be Jim Goldie's 'go-to boy' when he has a horse with a chance who just needs a bit of weight off.