Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Yesterday's Bettingzone Market News: 1230: Paddy Power have today taken the unprecedented step of paying out on Europe as winners of the 2010 Ryder Cup. The generous bookmaker is shelling out over €100,000 to patriotic Euro punters who backed hot favourites Europe to win the 38th Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor this weekend. This unparalleled payout applies to all outright single bets on Europe winning the Ryder Cup placed before midnight on Sunday, 26 September. Paddy Power said: “At 4/6 Europe are far from a penalty kick but this is our show of support for Monty’s lads and we’re happy to line the pockets of all those who have put similar faith in the boys in blue.” ========== Yeah. Silly if the US go on to win it but hey, their crazy PR schemes seem to work dividends for them but somehow I don't think they got €100k worth of advertising out of it. http://sport.scotsman.com/golf/Paddy-Power-pay-out-early.6553385.jp Colin Montgomerie isn't pleased.

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Europe to win @4/6 PP Ticks alot of boxes this year. USA haven't beat Europe in Europe since The Belfrey 1993, they've brought over alot better teams and failed. If you look at form, their top players are bang out of form namely Tiger N Phil. Stricker is the picture of consistency as is the recently crowned Fed Ex cup winner. Bar these they are extremely inexperienced and bang out of form,Fowler is bound to blown away by the whole experience and hasn't posted anythin of signifigance recently.Which can also be said for the likes of Hunter Mahon and Overton and bubba, as for their two rookies johnson and kucher both of which are liable to chocked under pressure. None of these have really played over in Europe this year and thats masive as conditions play a huge part especially if the wind and rain gets up. Its also different playing in Oct weather here as the ball doesnt travel the same way it would in USA. Thats all the negatives now all the positives. Home support as over half the team are form IRL and British Isles. GMAC has won here already and foursome fourball partnerships are pretty much set as is scramblers and matchplay champions in Donald and Harrington. The massive difference for me is that Europes rookies are as strong if not their stronger members of the team while the USAs teams rookies are not stronger than their main players who are p[layin terrible stuff. No brainer for me 10pts europe win @4/6 and 4pt on Europe to lead after day 1 5/6 Ill post more when the pairs are announced

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup

index.php?action=dlattach;attach=30;type=avatarprofile_sm.gif email_sm.gif im_on.gif
xx.gifRe: The Ryder Cup « Reply #5 on: Today at 06:22:21 PM » quote.gifQuote modify.gifModify delete.gifRemove

Just backed Harrington to be top European points @10 to 1PP Harrington is the one with most experience along side Westwood, Serious scrambler and great in this format.Posted a 64 on Sunday and came off the course pissed off that he didnt hole a few more putts!!!! Westwood only back so monty might take it easy with him at the start. Also shot the lights out today with Donald and hammered Poulter and Fisher, Monty has since said he's the player playing the best and has jumped down journalists throats who have questioned his inclusion. Saying we'll see on Mon who has made the right choice which says to me that he'll be one of the first on the teamsheet to show everyone how right he was.
index.php?action=dlattach;attach=30;type=avatarprofile_sm.gif email_sm.gif im_on.gif
xx.gifRe: The Ryder Cup « Reply #5 on: Today at 06:22:21 PM » quote.gifQuote modify.gifModify delete.gifRemove

Just backed Harrington to be top European points @10 to 1PP Harrington is the one with most experience along side Westwood, Serious scrambler and great in this format.Posted a 64 on Sunday and came off the course pissed off that he didnt hole a few more putts!!!! Westwood only back so monty might take it easy with him at the start. Also shot the lights out today with Donald and hammered Poulter and Fisher, Monty has since said he's the player playing the best and has jumped down journalists throats who have questioned his inclusion. Saying we'll see on Mon who has made the right choice which says to me that he'll be one of the first on the teamsheet to show everyone how right he was.
Just backed Harrington to be top European points @10 to 1PP Harrington is the one with most experience along side Westwood, Serious scrambler and great in this format.Posted a 64 on Sunday and came off the course pissed off that he didnt hole a few more putts!!!! Westwood only back so monty might take it easy with him at the start. Also shot the lights out today with Donald and hammered Poulter and Fisher, Monty has since said he's the player playing the best and has jumped down journalists throats who have questioned his inclusion. Saying we'll see on Mon who has made the right choice which says to me that he'll be one of the first on the teamsheet to show everyone how right he was

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup I'm leaning towards Poulter as top points scorer... Topped this Market last time and I read somewhere on twitter or something he said he was hitting balls sweet as a nut! Not only is that good for obvious reasons but it'll also fill him with confidence. Not forgetting the fact he won the WGC matchplay earlier in the year. I think he was about 10/1 but will edit post with exact details shortly.

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Top Overall Points Scorer - McDowell 16/1 Corals In good recent form, sky high confidence after a major win, has won at this course recently when he played fantastically and his partnership with his best pal McIlroy will be devastating.. Top Yank - Mahan 10/1 Corals 2nd Ryder Cup, he played in all 5 matches in 2008 and didnt lose one game, has had a solid year with two tour wins and is a straight hitter Top European - Kaymer 6/1 Corals In amazing form, won a major like McDowell, very solid player in good and bad conditions, will play all 5 games I think and will team up well with Westwood Europe 16 USA 12 - 16/1 Bet365

I'm leaning towards Poulter as top points scorer... Topped this Market last time and I read somewhere on twitter or something he said he was hitting balls sweet as a nut! Not only is that good for obvious reasons but it'll also fill him with confidence. Not forgetting the fact he won the WGC matchplay earlier in the year. I think he was about 10/1 but will edit post with exact details shortly.
18/1 with Corals

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Dont have much time so cant do proper writeups... Kuchar top US Rookie @ 4 Coral Game should fit the course as accurate and top putter, despite not winning F-E Cup is still in great form. Others shouldnt fit course as well and none of them (apart from DJ who is favourite but shouldnt fit the course as well) have much form to speak of over the last couple of months. Have taken a couple of bets for the Viking Classic - one thing I noticed is that people who have done well at the Verizon Heritage seem to thrive here as well so I'll be taking this into account. Aaron Baddeley @ 51 ew BlueSq Winner of the Verizon Heritage a couple of years ago he has had a disappointing year but has now made 8 consecutive cuts so should be feeling good and should eat this field up at this price. Played here once and finished top 20 after a disappointing opening round of 73 followed up by 3 67s so can play the course. Troy Matteson @ 51 ew BetFred Has the most incredible fall series results so will be taking him for the rest of the season! Has played here twice and finished top 15 both times. Made 6 consecutive cuts before missing the cut at Deutsche Bank Champs, will be refreshed. Boo Weekley @ 51 ew BlueSq Will be raring to go having been on the victorious RC team two years ago. Home game for Bubba who hails from the south and enjoys playing around here. Won the Verizon Heritage twice and this seems to throw up the same winners. 3rd here on only visit. Kris Blanks @ 126 ew Bet365 5th at Verizon Heritage, 2nd in a similar field in puerto rico, 22nd last time out in the F-E Cup Deutsche Event, 6th in GIR - what's not to like?! Seems to have gone under the radar considering he is 71st in the money list which is better than most of this field. GL:hope

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup last 5 tourneys held in Europe have resulted in the following scores (Eur first) 18.5 - 9.5 15.5 - 12.5 14.5 - 13.5 13 - 15 14 - 14 in America, the last 5 were (Eur first) 11.5 - 16.5 18.5 - 9.5 13.5 - 14.5 14.5 - 13.5 13.5 - 14.5 just working the averages you end up with: Over here: 75.5 - 64.5 (15 - 13) Over there: 71.5 - 68.5 (14.25 - 13.75) So In the last 10 games, Europe have a definite advantage, however it is very close as you can see. Take out the 2 thrashings and 6 of the 10 have been settled by only 0-2 points. Looking at those odds with Bet365 we have: 14.5 - 13.5 10/1 15 - 13 10/1 14 - 14 10/1 Thats 3 bets, level stakes makes it a 10/3 chance. Onto the leading points scorer: we need to ensure that our player will play all 5 matches over the 3 days. Our leading scorer has hit 4 or more on a few occasions now so needs to figure in 4 winning matches out of 5 perhaps or 3 wins and 2 halves. Harrington 11/1 Skybet looks quite big and a bonus he is out with in form Luke Donald Poulter is the other one to consider ay 10/1 VCbet as he excelled last time for Team Europe and again i think he will go close. I make this market at least 7/1 the field so not bothering with anything under that price. Bets Correct score 14.5 - 13.5 15 - 13 14 - 14 all 10/1 with Bet365 Harrington 11/1 Skybet Top Europe points scorer Poulter 10/1 VCbet ditto

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Sport Golf Event Day 1 fourballs: Woods/Stricker v Poulter/Fisher Selection Poulter/Fisher Strength 10/10 Date 01/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 2.87 Reasoning Got to have a go at this price. No idea how Tiger will play, but even in his pomp his Ryder Cup record was average. Stricker is a good partner, as they have done well together, but this will be a tough match. Poulter in particular was excellent in the last Ryder Cup, and he's love the fuore playing against Tiger. Fisher is a very good player aswell, and they should make a good pair. This is a really tough match, and don't think the price should be this high.

Sport Golf Event Day 1 fourballs: Woods/Stricker v Poulter/Fisher Selection Poulter/Fisher Strength 10/10 Date 01/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 2.87 Reasoning Got to have a go at this price. No idea how Tiger will play, but even in his pomp his Ryder Cup record was average. Stricker is a good partner, as they have done well together, but this will be a tough match. Poulter in particular was excellent in the last Ryder Cup, and he's love the fuore playing against Tiger. Fisher is a very good player aswell, and they should make a good pair. This is a really tough match, and don't think the price should be this high.
I'm having a 2pt tickle on this with Stanjames @ 2.9 for similar reasons, I've already backed Poulter to top score for the Europeans as mentioned above, I just think Poulter relishes this sort of occasion and he should have a good influence on Fisher as he did with Rose 2 years ago. Fisher is a good matchplay player himself and against an out of sorts Woods I think these odds are too tempting to resist.

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Plenty of outrights for me. Was going to back USA outright, still might at some point but weather and Pavin's fcuk up at the opening ceremony is putting me off to begin with. 1pt ew R.Fisher Top Combined Points Scorer 33/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 1,2,3,4) I really like Ross Fisher. He won the Volvo Matchplay for me last year at a bigger than he should've been double figure price and he comes into this event a bigger price than he should be again. I guess part of the reason for the price is that he's not a stick on player in the foursomes but if he and Poulter see off Woods and Stricker in the morning then they'll be out together again tomorrow afternoon, we don't need to worry about that. Fisher's a straight hitter and decent putter and his matchplay record stacks up to most in this event, probably only bettered by his playing partner tomorrow morning. He's gone well in the Accenture as well as the Volvo so has form in all matchplay conditions and I'm sure he's going to be a very good, underrated member of Monty's team this week. A European has won this market in 4 of the last 5 years including last year when USA won the cup so at 33/1 with history suggesting we're looking for a European and given that he's one of 8 teeing up in the morning, I'll take the Londoner to lead the points scoring this week. 0.5pts ew Z.Johnson Top USA Points Scorer 20/1 VC (1/4 1,2,3) Even though Zach's not out in the fourballs tomorrow I'm still willing to take him in the Top USA outright market. He's as good as a certainty to get some foursome action tomorrow afternoon and if that goes well and the Watson/Overton pairing dies on it's arse in the morning, which could easily happen, then there will be a gap which Zach could fill on Saturday morning. We all know what we're getting with Johnson. He's a solid ball striker, straight as a die which will be vital with the rough this week like it is and likely to be saturated. He's also a superb putter which is the biggest attribute needed of all in matchplay golf. It's not inconceivable he goes out with someone like a Furyk and that would look a very solid pairing to me in foursomes. Either way, this price looks to have been inflated by Zach's absence in the fourball pairings but as a captains pick I think he'll play more than he misses and 20/1 is enough for me to play. 2pts L.Donald Top Wildcard 4/1 Paddy Power I really like Luke Donald here. He's had an excellent year on both sides of the pond and as a straight hitter and solid enough putter he should go well this week. He's helped out in this market by 3 of the 7 runners missing the opening set of matches and although he's out with one of the runners I don't think Harrington will play all 5 matches. The fact Luke's out in fourballs is encouraging because with his foursome record Monty'll have to be off his onions to drop him in that discipline. I can see him pairing someone like Martin Kaymer in a foursome in a pairing which I think would be sensationally good. Woods is the obvious favourite in this market but I'm happy to take him on with Donald who's perfect for a Ryder Cup format. 5pts T.Woods to play all 5 matches 10/11 Sportingbet Can't see any reason why this is 10/11. If Pavin had no intention of playing him in every match then there was probably no point in picking him. He's found a partner in Steve Stricker now which looks like it might work so he should be covered in terms of the 4 pairing matches and then of course he's booked in for the singles. Ian Poulter has gone on record as saying Tiger looks up for this Ryder Cup more than any other and that's decent enough for me. Even if he doesn't partner Stricker all weekend, I do believe barring injury that Tiger will play all 5 matches. This is a 1/2 shot at least in my eyes so I'm more than happy to get on at 10/11. 4pts Over 4.5 halved matches 11/10 Paddy Power Pretty happy with this line. It's been covered in 4 of the last 5 Ryder Cups and the one it wasn't was Oakland Hills where the US did a no show so I'm happy to let that pass by. There were 7 halved matches two years ago and I think there will be a few here too on a cracking course with lots of risk/rewards holes. I don't expect a runaway winner of this Cup but we've always got on our side if there is a runaway winner that a few singles matches will be played out to friendly halves on Sunday when the cup is win. To combat that, if it's close every half point will be vital so players will be going for it all the way. I think we'll see a fair few matches up 18 and when the weekend is done I'm pretty confident that we'll have seen at least 5 matches end up all square. 3pts I.Poulter to beat H.Mahan 10/11 VC I'm pretty happy to take this bet. Ian Poulter showed 2 years ago how he gets himself up for this event and since then he's shown he's one of, if not the best match play golfer in the world when he won the Accenture earlier this year. He's already one up on Hunter Mahan who hasn't been named in the fourball matches on Friday morning. Hunter Mahan is a very good golfer, a good match player in his own right as he also showed 2 years ago but if he's not playing all the matches he's at a disadvantage as I'm reasonably confident that Poulter will play all 5 matches here. Poulter has also got course experience on his side too which could come into play. I think Poulter's going to be a fairly tough nut to crack this week and I think he'll have a bit too much for Mahan this week so 10/11 is more than fair in this match for me.

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Onto Friday's fourballs. I was looking forward to these matches before they were announced. Now they've been announced I seriously can not wait :loon. 3pts M.Kuchar/S.Cink to beat R.McIlroy/G.McDowell 11/5 Stan James Match tees off at 08.00 BST. I think the American pairing are a huge price here. They are both very solid players who more often than not will have both balls in play on the majority of holes. Cink is deceptively long and Kuchar straight as a die with a short stick that most would dream of having. In contrast to that we've got a McIlroy who's been running his mouth and McDowell who couldn't be more laid back if he tried but equally who hasn't got much form behind him coming into this event. McIlroy for me could go one of two ways. He could be brilliant and tear this game to pieces or he could struggle and leave McDowell exposed. However the European pairing play though there's a lot of golfing experience if not a lot of Ryder Cup experience in Kuchar's case against them. This is a solid pair who will put a score together. To be this looks tight and it could easily be settled on the 18th green but at 11/5 the American's are definitely the call for me in match 2. 3pts I.Poulter/R.Fisher to beat T.Woods/S.Stricker 19/10 Stan James Match tees off at 08.15 BST. I really like this match up for the European pairing. They know they'll have to play well but both are excellent match players and will be confident of getting the job done. There will be times when Tiger leaves Stricker exposed in this match but equally there's times Tiger will dazzle and wins holes nobody else can. However Poulter has played Tiger enough now to know what he can do but the Englishman will enjoy the limelight and everyone out to watch him. He revels in the Ryder Cup atmosphere and while the Stricker/Woods partnership nailed the Presidents Cup last year, this is the Ryder Cup. We go up a few levels here, especially on European soil. We've got the two match play tournament winners from the tour circuits going for Europe here and at a shade under 2/1 with their qualities in this format I'm very much taking the European pair in match 3.

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup McIlroy / McDowell @ 1.88 Well I think the price is perhaps a little too short here, but I'll go with my instinct that the Europeans will win the tie. There is a lot of hype surrounding this partnership and there is a danger it could crack, but if Rory gets going here then it could turn into a cruise. I think with home advantage these two guys will feed off the crowd and get the job done. Cink and Kuchar are solid players, but I wouldn't say they are anything spectactular and I'd say they are better suited to foursomes than fourballs. I think the extra 'flair' and aggression of the Europeans will be too much here. Lay Woods/ Sticker @ 1.99 I can't be having these two such short favourites in wet and rainy conditions. It's never suited Woods at all for a start and the two Englishmen are VERY good matchplayers. This combination might have worked well in the presidents cup but the RC is a completely different ball game. I just see the Europeans obtaining at least a half in this one and the conditions will probably suit them in the morning. The Americans seem to short here for me. Donald/Harrington @ 1.75 This looks like a fairly comfortable point for the Europeans IMO and I'm surprised that Pavin has gone with two rookies in the morning, especially the bottom match. Harrington should be used to poor weather conditions and Donald has such a great RC record, I can't see them slipping up here. If they US get anything out of this game then it'd be a tremendous result for them, thats for sure!

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup guys can i have your opinion i took a h2h 72 hole bet , right now my player is at -2 while the other player is at 1 . oddswise my player is @41 to win the tournament while the other guy is not even in the list of 40 guys to win the tournament (the 40th is @151) according to your experience what are the odds that my guy may actually finish behind the other guy ? thanks !!!:nana

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Great opportunity during this break in play to get on Harrington n Donald to turn it round against Overton n Watson, the american rookies birdied the first two holes however I cant see this continuing and the europeans have plenty time to turn it round, Harrington is known for grinding results out and his excellent short game n bunker play. 12/5 Ladbrokes

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Sport Golf Event Ryder Cup outright Selection USA Strength 10/10 Date 04/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 2.60 Reasoning Not much play so far, but I'm impressed with the USA. There guys look to be playing pretty well, and potential liabilities Overton and Bubba are looking great and could be an inspired move sending them out early. Also like what they've got left in the hut, Furyk, Fowler, Mahan and Zach is a quality line up. Monty looks to be feeling the stress already, and a few of the Europeans look to be struggling. Really think this is looking good for USA and happy to take them at this price.

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup I'm sorely tempted about Europe myself, you could say losing a few holes at the end was worse case scenario for Europe but I think the team spirit of Europe will pay dividends over night and any momentum the yanks gained will be lost. Speaking of 'in the hut', Europe won't be worried about the enforced involvement of all their squad with the in form world cup winners in the molinari's and the inform Jiminez who I think will bring the best out if Hanson. With the odds drifting slightly and conditions more suited to the Europeans I'm going 3pts on Europe with Extrabet - 4/5 - to win back the Ryder cup. :hope

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup Blimey. The foursomes featuring ALL 24 golfers will start soon. Odds from Bet365: Molinari/Molinari 11/10 Z.Johnson/Mahan 6/5 Tie 6/1 Jimenez/Hanson 2/1 Woods/Stricker 4/6 Tie 6/1 Westwood/Kaymer 8/11 Furyk/Fowler 9/5 Tie 6/1 Harrington/Fisher 7/5 Mickelson/D.Johnson 20/21 Tie 6/1 Poulter/Donald 8/15 Watson/Overton 13/5 Tie 6/1 McIlroy / McDowell 5/6 Cink/Kuchar 8/5 Tie 6/1

Great opportunity during this break in play to get on Harrington n Donald to turn it round against Overton n Watson' date=' the american rookies birdied the first two holes however I cant see this continuing and the europeans have plenty time to turn it round, Harrington is known for grinding results out and his excellent short game n bunker play. 12/5 Ladbrokes[/quote'] They should leave Harrington to carry a bag after that...

They should leave Harrington to carry a bag after that...
:rollin 5pts - Westwood/Kaymer to beat Furyk/Fowler - 4/5 - Boyles This pair already have a point in the bag and I think are a really strong pairing. Kaymer is rid of his nerves and if things do get tense has his US Open experience to draw on as Westwood has his previous Ryder Cups to draw on. Furyk is obviously experienced and in good form but as much as he can try and help Rickie Fowler, he can't play his shots for him! I think Fowler will be the weak link and in Foursomes 2 steady / consistent Europeans should beat the brilliance of Furyk and the Nervy, volatile Fowler. Edit: Boyles refund Stake if they are leading after 9 and go on to lose.

Re: Golf: 2010 Ryder Cup I'm going with : 2pts - Jiminez/Hanson to beat Woods/Stricker - 2/1 - Paddy I'm a big fan of Jiminez and not so of Tiger... probably sways my opinion here, but Paddy refund your stake if your team lose before the 16th... If this pair are still in it with 2 or 3 to play then 2/1 will look quite big... if they get blown away.. money back... so seems a good bet. Hanson and Jiminez will be up for this... they both put in the work to make the team so this will mean a lot to them. If Hanson is to get nervous, hopefully the most relaxed man on the planet in Jiminez will rub off on him a bit. But Hanson isn't as big a weak link as some suggest and having won the Czech open a few weeks ago he is in good form.