Tuesday 28 September 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Spartak Moscow v MŠK Žilina (17:30 BST) 1.41 4.5 9.8 103.19 %
maximize.gif AJ Auxerre v Real Madrid (19:45 BST) 6.2 3.75 1.66 102.80 %
maximize.gif Ajax v AC Milan (19:45 BST) 2.72 3.4 2.7 103.21 %
maximize.gif AS Roma v CFR Cluj (19:45 BST) 1.4 4.5 9.2 104.52 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v Olympique Marseille (19:45 BST) 1.3 5.5 13.5 102.49 %
maximize.gif FC Basel v FC Bayern München (19:45 BST) 5 3.74 1.75 103.88 %
maximize.gif FK Partizan v Arsenal (19:45 BST) 7.5 3.87 1.61 101.28 %
maximize.gif Sporting de Braga v Shakhtar Donetsk (19:45 BST) 2.48 3.25 3.05 103.88 %

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Auxerre - R. Madrid ... Auxerre is no more than a mediocre team and we haven't seen the best of french teams in Europe this season ... i'm sure we won't see much of'em ... Madrid with Mourinho would not wanna lose any points untill the Milan games START ... Madrid with good odds here and Auxerre is no match for the quality of Madrid in every position ... I know Madrid are not playin good football and nobody's convinced enough yet but Mourinho with madrid after that Tie @ La Liga they are goin' to bounce back in CL match ... GOOD Luck ... Pick REAL MADRiD 10/10 Roma - Cluj .... Roma are finally out of cricis after Inter win ... They needed to wake up one way or another and it happened @ inter's game ... They are going to make sure that inter win was the end of the crisis @ Roma ... Pick Roma 9/10 Arsenal and Bayern are my other picks ... both teams have much better quality than Partizan and Basel respectively .. now these teams Partizan and Basel are not the type of teams that possess quality to be able to surprise against teams like Arsenal or Bayern.. You need somethin' like Ajax or Valencia ( for example) , Pick ARSENAL 7/10 Pick BAYERN 7/10 Good luck all bettors ...

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Partizan - Arsenal Arsenal is inconsistent as usually and even though they beat Braga 6-0 at home I do not believe they should be considered favourites and priced @ 1.60. It is never easy to play against Eastern European teams away, especially the one like Partizan. I think that Partizan is a good team and have equal chances with Braga and Shakhtar Donetsk to qualify from this group and I do not see them losing this one. Draw @ 3.75 (2 units) Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Hi all, The first round was a good round in general, Man utd and Marseille spoilt a few of my multiples but I guess who could have guessed that Fergie would put out that kind of line up and Marseille did lose to an own goal.

I see value in a number of handicaps, overs and unders, so lets hope we take the bookies to the cleaners.

Please note these are feelers and I want to get punters opinions before I shop around for the best odds so I wont be putting up odds as it takes me ages to do so.

Auxerre vs Real Madrid

-1 AH

under 2.5 goals

Lets face it, Real cant lose this game as they are defensively solid enough to avoid defeat, however the issue is if auxerre play for a draw can Mourinho’s man pick up a win on the road? I believe they can. Real might lack cohesion but when you look at the team sheet, there are just too many players who cant fail to score a goal in 90 minutes of a football match. Fair and fine they drew over the weekend and I’m sure they will be a number of other draws this season but this is the competition he was brought in to win and he will force the issue.

Last week against Ajax I was skeptical but when I saw the team sheet I bet on the -1 handicap and they managed to surpass it.

The -1 goal handicap looks delicious and although they could win the match 1-0 I believe it is worth the risk as I believe Auxerre will not score.

I doubt Real can score more than 3 goals without the help of the ref at the moment and the refs are generally good in Europe so the under 2.5 looks great aswell.

Spartak Moscow vs Zilina

Under 2.5 goals

-1.5 AH

This is one of those games that could end up in a draw and the odds aren’t great for the home team so I won’t be betting on the outright victory at those kind of odds. The Russians are a solid team but aren’t the most fluid in attack so the only value bet is DNB with large stakes. Again I doubt they will lose this match because Zilina isnt in the best of form and that pasting by Chelsea must have dented confidence in this competition. They played a goaless draw against Streda over the weekend like wise Spartak drew with amkar at home although I have no idea if any players were rested.

The only value bet in this game is the under 2.5 as Im certaid Zilina will travel with the intention of getting a draw in the Russian capital and I also sdont believe Spartak is capable of scoring more than 2 goals.

Small stake bets on the -1.5 AH as I believe with a good start the Russians can get the 2-0 win.This is more of a bet against Zilina as they were poor against Chelsea and aren’t in the best of form. Small stakes on the draw which are at great odds as well.

Fairly confident about the U2.5 as I am certain if both teams cant score freely in their domestic leagues they cant expect to score freely in Europe.

Partizan Belgrade vs Arsenal

Over 2.5 goals

Arsenal are a funny team to work out at the moment because they haven’t played that well away from home except the 4-1 win against Spurs last week. Its hard to tell if the defence has improved as it looked great in the North London derby but has generally looked suspect at times. The new additions appear to be defending set plays a lot better but look susceptible when a team plays the ball on the carpet just like the Serbs do. Partizan are generally an attacking team and despite the goalless draw at the weekend will play an open game and we all know that’s the kind of game the Londoners like to play.

Partizan may have lost to Shakhtor in week 1 but I rate the Ukrainians and to come away with a 1-0 reverse was decent from the Serbs in my opinion.

Anyway if Arsenal or Barca play against a team that plays open football I will always go for the over 2.5.

Arsenal could well win this game 2-1 or lose 2-1 but I expect goals.

A fair number of experienced campaigners are missing for the gunners and as talented as the youth are small bets on the +1 on Partizan look value to me as I believe the Serbs can get a draw. Arsenal can score in the 90 minutes as I have stated above as long as Arshavin,Nasri and Chamakh play but the other guys like Diaby have a habit of over passing the ball and they will miss the directness players like Cesc, van Persie and Bendtner offer such that they may not score enough in my opinion.

Roma vs CFR Cluj

Under 2.5 goals

+1.5 AH CFR Cluj

What can I say about Roma, great win against Inter at the weekend but like Liverpool Roma have a habit of drawing the easiest of home fixtures. Yes, I know Cluj haven’t been in great form, especially in their domestic league but the 2-1 win against basle who are a decent swiss outfit impressed me enough to believe they have character and as long as you play with character against a team like Roma and Liverpool you can get a point as those teams do not know the way to the oppositions goal.

The only bet at large stakes is DNB for Roma as I believe they wont lose but other than that I see value in the under 2.5 as I don’t believe the romans cant score more than 2 and +1.5 for Cluj as I believe they can lose by at least 1 goal.

Braga vs Shakhtor Donetsk

Over 2.5 goals

Another game where I believe its difficult to pick a winner but Im confident of goals in this game. For a moment lets forget Braga’s 6-0 pasting to Arsenal, they thumped a poor Sevilla and a passionate Celtic on their way to this stage and this team has goals in them home and away.

I rate the ukrainains and they had an impressive win away to Metalist at the weekend who are a good side and I believe they can get a win although Braga are rightly favourites.

The only bet with confidence I have is over 2.5 goals unless the Ukrainians play defensively but I doubt they will especially after seeing the DVD of their opponents game against Arsenal. I expect an open game and goals all round.

It could possibly end as a high scoring draw.

Chelsea vs Marseille

-1.5 AH

Over 2.5 goals

Arent you all glad teams like Chelsea and Madrid didn’t get good results this weekend?I am at least it gurantees you of a reaction and I am definitely all over the Chelsea handicap against what I consider a poor Marsielle side.

I don’t actually expect them to score but although Chelsea will easily surpass the -1.5 handicap I do believe they can score 3 against a team that will almost be set up to defend, which doesn’t make a difference for Chelsea as they score goals in different kind of ways unlike arsenal and united who tend to battle when teams park the bus.

After 2 successive losses lack of motivation or poor attitude won’t be a factor and I expect Marsielle to be raped.

I did bet against Chelsea at the weekend as not a lot of big teams beat man city anyway, Arsenal will probably also lose against the citizens and only man u could sneak the win, not because they play better but City does seem to be too emotional when they play united.

GL:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September A couple of No bet games for me, hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction as I can quite work out the outcomes of these games Basel vs Bayern

No bet

Cant quite work out this game and until I get Bayern team news, no bet for me. Bayern do miss Robben and Ribery as we all know but the crucial thing is Sweinsteiger is not as influential as he is for germany so the germans are not creating enough opportunities hence the coach has them playing a bit defensively to avoid losing, they tried the gung ho approach over the weekend against Mainz and paid for it against a team that is really just a hard working team more than anything else.

Basle impress me like most swiss teams and the weekend win over an inform zurich suggests they wont be short of confidence and because I expect germans to go back into their shell this game could be scoreless for quite some time.

Maybe small stakes on under 2.5 and H/T draw or maybe +1 Basle but as long as Muller plays the Swiss can easily lose this game 0-2.

Anything can happen in this game so most likely no play for me although I might be tempted to go for the under 2.5 goals.

Ajax vs AC Milan

No bet

I cant work out what could happen in this game. The only possible outcome for me is a draw and I’m not going to bother with the detail as I am unlikely to make a bet until I hear team news.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September

Nice write-upps b10111' date=' but could you please quote the odds you are taking and the bookmaker you are taking them from? Makes it easier if anyone wants to follow you :)[/quote'] I understand your point, I know the forum rules but it takes me an age to write these previews I battle to copy and paste all the odds for the picks i have made.Im actually at work right now so not enough time.apologies, I will only start shopping for the best odds tomorrow, right now I want to put out my feeler picks so that I can gain confidence.:\

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September I do believe under is a good bet in the Auxerre-Real Madrid game. Real have only conceded 1 goal so far this season and have only scored 3 goals once. Mourinho is a man who always wants a solid defence as we could see both in Chelsea and in Inter. I don´t see Auxerre scoring and I don´t think Real will score more than 2 goals. Auxerre is team that plays a lot of counter attack with Jelen as frontman. Auxerre held Milan goalless to the 66th minute so they can put up a solid defence aswell. Under 2.5 @ 1.86 Betfair is my pick.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Ajax - Milan This game is very unpredictable and in my opinion can go either way, so I have decided to focus on corners here. Ajax is not so good in getting corners. Corner stats from their last 3 Champions League games: D.Kiev 4-5 Ajax Ajax 1-4 D.Kiev Real Madrid 11-3 Ajax Milan last game against Auxerre won on corners 8-3. In Serie A Milan lost on corners only this weekend at home to Genoa 1-5. In their previous games they won corners by a good margin. Milan 6-3 Lecce (+3) Cesena 9-12 Milan (+4) Milan 8-2 Catania (+6) Lazio 5-9 Milan (+4) Milan -1 Corner @ 2.87 (4 units) William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September It's hard to get exciting about anything here and i could be no bets for me at all. Think Bayern @ 2.05 (partybets), Milan @ 2.9 (betfair) or Milan DNB @ 2 (WilliamHill) would be my choices but both have been too much a mixed bag, so I strongly consider no bet (I might talk myself into Bayern though) I can't give a lot of reasoning for my considerations but I don't rate Ajax or Basel at all. Munich are slighly too high here because they have been average in the league but truth to be told they have had some tricky opponents (newly promoted Kaiserslautern away; Bremen, who have always been a bit of a boogey team for them; in-form Mainz against they were unlucky and should have at least drawn).

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September FC Basel vs Bayern Munich - Bayern to win I am sure that Bayern will win this one easily... Even without Robben and Ribery bayern is still a strong side. Do you guys remember last year match againt juventus? No Ribery, No Robben.. juventus score the first goal? And Bayern still won 4-1! They we're even playing in turin. Also, they just signed a contract extension to Van Gaal.. this will surely help the team win confidence and Lahm stated that Bayern are going to Basel to get all the 3 points. Yes the goal(s) might come late but I am sure that Bayern @ 2.00 is a way to high at Bet 365. Chelsea vs Marseille - Chelsea to win Another easy one I think... it won't be hard for Ancelotti and Co to win at the bridge tommorow. Chelsea had a blazing start in the league and even in the champions league. Marseille is going up and down in the Ligue 1 and they only have 1 player playing as a ''striker'' who scored goals (Ayew). They are playing against a really strong defence, it will be really hard for them to even score one.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Auxerre vs Real Madrid - Real Madrid to win Real Madrid are going to line up Benzema instead of Higuain tommorow... A better idea? Yes. Benzema had a good start to his league campaign with a goal. Also Real Madrid has only conceded 1 goal in their last 6 matches, they have a solid defence. Auxerre are sitting in the bottom of the table in ligue 1. It will be hard for them to bounce back tommorow against a really strong team. Jelén who was their best striker last year hasn't scored a goal yet and it will be really hard to score one against Mourinho's team. I am going for the treble: Bmunich Chelsea Real Madrid Good luck everyone!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Braga -1 (EH) 888Sport @ 5.00 Braga against Shakhtar in a Champions League match. Braga started really poorly as they lost 6:0 to Arsenal at the Emirates. However now they are at home and they are facing a Shakhtar side that isn't as good as it was back in 2008. Braga are very strong at the moment, they are as good as Porto and Benfica and that is really something. Braga haven't lost at home since August 2009 and have won 95% of those matches. Shakhtar on the other hand away from home are winning most of their matches, but i am sure they haven't met a side like Braga and i this Braga will win this match. Shakhtar are a tough side that is for sure, but in my books Braga are very good at the moment and i will go for the home win with European handicap of -1. GL! ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Draw 188bet @ 5.00 Chelsea against Marseille in a Champions League clash. Chelsea will be without Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba for this match, also missing are Salomon Kalou and Yossi Benayoun. This means that they will be counting a lot on Nicolas Anelka to score goals and on Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel to create chances. I seriously doubt Chelsea's chances of winning this game, it's one thing to be without Lampard, he can be replaced when Drogba is in the team, but without Drogba and Lampard it's very difficult for the team, not to mention that they just lost to Man City and this is a big blow for their confidence. They thought that they are invincible and bang they lose 2:3 to Newcastle at home in the cup and then bang they lost to Man City in the league. Marseille started very bad the Champions League with a lose at home to Spartak Moscow. I wasn't much surprised about that result, because Spartak Moscow plays a very strange style attacking style of football. However now is a chance for Marseille to take some points from Chelsea as they are missing their 2 best players, and i believe they can do it. So i will go for the draw here. GL!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Chelsea main goal will be to come back on the winning track and they will show tommorow who they are, let's be honest.. it wasn't easy for man city to score against chelsea, what do you think marseille will be able to score 2-3 ?? Think about it! also here is the '' POSSIBLE '' team for tommorow (real madrid vs auxerre) Auxerre : Sorin - Hengbart, Coulibaly, Grichting, Dudka - Birsa, Pedretti ©, Ndinga, Langil - Contout, Oliech. Real Madrid : Casillas © - Ramos, Carvalho, Pepe, Marcelo - Khedira, Xaxi Alonso - Di Maria, Özil, C. Ronaldo - Benzema Auxerre will have Jelen available.. bench ?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Auxerre v Real Madrid - under 2.5 goals @ 1.87 Bet365 Agree with Qvister here, this looks a very good bet. I looked at the odds on this expecting it to be around 4/7 considering Mourinho's teams are always very defensive minded and solid and have already drawn 0-0 twice in La Liga. This is a tricky group for Real here and having won the first game against Ajax, Mourinho's primary approach will be not to lose the game and aim to nick it by a goal. Real Madrid have only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 games. Don't know an awful lot about Auxerre, going by recent results they don't look a great side but any French team at home will be competitive and the French teams in this competition I've seen apart from Lyon have been defensive minded. Low scoring affair at a tasty price. Chelsea v Marseille - under 2.5 goals @ 2.32 Betfair Chelsea are missing a few players here with Lampard, Kalou, Benayoun all missing through injury and Drogba suspension. They have been brilliant so far this season, last weekend apart and have been firing in the goals while Marseille have struggled defensively by all accounts. But with the above firepower missing and if we take into account the fact most of Chelsea's opposition in the EPL early rounds were very weak and also the fact Marseille are a better side than any English one that has went to the Bridge this season and they will set up defensively, then I can see Chelsea struggling to break them down. I do expect Chelsea to be too good in the end and should wear down Marseille but at 1/3 they look a bit short with injuries. Chelsea have kept 14 clean sheets in their last 17 Champions League group matches at Stamford Bridge, so even with quality players like Gignac Marseille will be doing well to score. Nicolas Anelka seems to relish the role of main striker when Drogba doesn't play and has a good recent scoring record in the CL. This could turn out to be wrong but my hunch is Chelsea 1-0 or 2-0 eventually. Unders looks a decent price. Not a fan of scorecasts but expecting a narrow Chelsea win and taking into account Anelka's good scoring record with Drogba out and the in-form Malouda, these may be worth a pound for fun. Anelka first scorer and 1-0 Chelsea @ 25/1 Anelka first scorer and 2-0 Chelsea @ 25/1 Malouda first scorer and 1-0 Chelsea @ 33/1 Malouda first scorer and 2-0 Chelsea @ 33/1 Bayern Munich at odds against away to Basel is also tempting me. Saw bits of their game against Roma on gameweek 1 and they looked impressive, Thomas Muller in particular scoring a peach. They have started poorly in the Bundesliga but its still a match you'd expect them to win and they have a good spine of players who did so well for Germany at the WC. Basel lost 2-1 at Cluj in the first game but the only thing putting me off is I think they have a decent home record in the CL ( trying to find out stats to back this up if anyone can help) so could maybe pull something off but odds look attractive enough on Bayern here even without Robben & Ribery.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September My thoughts are that Milan generally plays well in the Champions League as oppose to in the league. With the arrival of Ibrahimovic in the team now, play revolves around him in the attacking midfield and Robinho and Ronaldinho feeding him balls from the wings, and of course these two players have lots of peace and i can foresee them creating good chances for him to score. In the first match especially Ronaldinho was super motivated and Ibrahimovic is scoring regularly so the chemistry is good. I watched a lot of Ajax play before and they are talented bunch of players and you never know if some individual piece magic will create a goal but they tend to be sloppy and lose concentration at times and Milan is great for exploiting this. They will be strong at home but the general speed and build-up of the play can be slow and this suits Milan who can raise their game. On the balance sheet I’m happy to take Milan who are 2.75 odds on to win. Good luck

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Ajax - AC Milan - Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,95 I will take these odds in any game with Ajax involved. They create all game and they are also vulnerable despite the good GK. With the Arena fired up I can't see Ajax with a cautious play - they are good going forward, I rather see Martin Jol looking for an early goal to open AC and get further space and opportunities. Just looked at Goalscorers options with bet365, there will be at least 7-8 players capable of scoring anyplace anytime. Partizan - Arsenal - Over 2,5 Goals @ 1,80 Not the best possible odds here, after all it is CL. Watched both games of the Serbs vs Anderlecht and IMO this is rather attacking team than a calculating one, with very good options. Naive mistakes were made, as they are somehow shaky in the center of the defense. As of Arsenal, nothing new - they can outscore anyone, no matter how reduced their options seem to be, and they are looking easy to penetrate as well. Basel - Bayern - Goal/Goal @ 1,61 I was going to go for Over 2,5 Goals here too, but I am not sure how good Basel will be at this level, need to see more. It is one thing scoring in Tiraspol, another - scoring vs Munich. I think Basel will approach this game as an ''away'' team and their counters are great. Rusty as they seem, Bayern are runners-up here for reason, and Olic, Klose, Gomes, Mueller are good anywhere. All with bet365, all 10/10 GL

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 8-10-1 -3.65 units (44.44%) Been really struggling on the European front Chelsea -1 (-157) to win 1 unit Even though Chelsea is without Lampard or Drogba they should easily win this game considering OM's terrible defense and there complete inability to finish on offense Ajax pick -114 to win 1 unit Pretty solid home team, but more importantly I think is AC Milan has struggled so far this season and I think they continue to struggle since there not good on the road. Ajax has ability to score goals, and it seems like there's also some drama and turmoil surrounding the club.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September new to the forum but would love to hear what you guys think so you can give me some confidence here :) Right now my thoughts are that Real Madrid is a guaranteed pick over auxerre. Mourinho coming off a tie to levante (who just came up from segunda) will want to get on the right track and this is the perfect game to do it. I do see this over 2.5 because against ajax they had more then 10 shots on goal but they just couldn't convert. I don't see them making those same mistakes again Another pick I think is guaranteed is Bayern vs Fc Basel. Don't get me wrong Bayern hasn't been in great form as of late but there is a big difference in champions league games and bundes liga matches. Lahm said it himself that they will be coming for the 3 points. They might not have great away form but this is the perfect opportunity to change that. As roma vs cluj is a great match up. Although Roma have not been in great form they did have a decisive victory against inter this past week which is a definite morale booster. This is an important match up because in a group with bayern, roma knows they need to get all the points they can. I don't see Roma making and blunders in this match. I need some help with these picks. Ajax has luis suarez back and are playing a unpredictable ac milan. I am thinking a draw what do others think here. Also I think arsenal can win but with fabianski starting because almunia is injured I am not too sure. I need some reassurance here. Should I go for the draw or take arsenal? BTW because I am new to the forum I would lvoe to get some advice on my picks and any advice on a punters strategy would be greatly appreciated

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September :welcome to PL, elrizo. Nice first post, but I just have one tip for you. There is no such thing as "guaranteed" in betting, so don't use this approach and place more than you can afford to lose. Also don't play accumulators. You can play them once in a while but for a long term consider singles. For now just read this forum and based on what people say make your choise. Good luck :hope

Auxerre v Real Madrid - under 2.5 goals @ 1.87 Bet365 Agree with Qvister here, this looks a very good bet. I looked at the odds on this expecting it to be around 4/7 considering Mourinho's teams are always very defensive minded and solid and have already drawn 0-0 twice in La Liga. This is a tricky group for Real here and having won the first game against Ajax, Mourinho's primary approach will be not to lose the game and aim to nick it by a goal. Real Madrid have only conceded 1 goal in their last 5 games. Don't know an awful lot about Auxerre, going by recent results they don't look a great side but any French team at home will be competitive and the French teams in this competition I've seen apart from Lyon have been defensive minded. Low scoring affair at a tasty price. Chelsea v Marseille - under 2.5 goals @ 2.32 Betfair Chelsea are missing a few players here with Lampard, Kalou, Benayoun all missing through injury and Drogba suspension. They have been brilliant so far this season, last weekend apart and have been firing in the goals while Marseille have struggled defensively by all accounts. But with the above firepower missing and if we take into account the fact most of Chelsea's opposition in the EPL early rounds were very weak and also the fact Marseille are a better side than any English one that has went to the Bridge this season and they will set up defensively, then I can see Chelsea struggling to break them down. I do expect Chelsea to be too good in the end and should wear down Marseille but at 1/3 they look a bit short with injuries. Chelsea have kept 14 clean sheets in their last 17 Champions League group matches at Stamford Bridge, so even with quality players like Gignac Marseille will be doing well to score. Nicolas Anelka seems to relish the role of main striker when Drogba doesn't play and has a good recent scoring record in the CL. This could turn out to be wrong but my hunch is Chelsea 1-0 or 2-0 eventually. Unders looks a decent price. Not a fan of scorecasts but expecting a narrow Chelsea win and taking into account Anelka's good scoring record with Drogba out and the in-form Malouda, these may be worth a pound for fun. Anelka first scorer and 1-0 Chelsea @ 25/1 Anelka first scorer and 2-0 Chelsea @ 25/1 Malouda first scorer and 1-0 Chelsea @ 33/1 Malouda first scorer and 2-0 Chelsea @ 33/1 Bayern Munich at odds against away to Basel is also tempting me. Saw bits of their game against Roma on gameweek 1 and they looked impressive, Thomas Muller in particular scoring a peach. They have started poorly in the Bundesliga but its still a match you'd expect them to win and they have a good spine of players who did so well for Germany at the WC. Basel lost 2-1 at Cluj in the first game but the only thing putting me off is I think they have a decent home record in the CL ( trying to find out stats to back this up if anyone can help) so could maybe pull something off but odds look attractive enough on Bayern here even without Robben & Ribery.
Good post and I also think that both Real and Chelsea games will be Under 2.5 Goals. And might consider the following doubles just for fun. Chelsea 1-0 & Real 1-0 @ 52.00 Chelsea 2-0 & Real 1-0 @ 48.75 Chelsea 1-0 & Real 2-0 @ 56.00 Chelsea 2-0 & Real 2-0 @ 52.50 Prices are from William Hill. What do you think?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September At first glance I thought it might be a good bet to go the unders in the Auxerre-Madrid game, but having seen what is going on in Spain and keeping in mind the ever astute Jose Mourinho, I see more value in going for the over. Heres why: Madrid has not been scoring lately, but they have however been creating a number of chances. A number of players missed very easy chances on the weekend, and I dont hink Higuain and Ronaldo are playing as well as they were last season. Both have a huge amount of pressure on them to score, and arent picking each other out like they used to. Mourinho walked out on the press after being asked three times why he isnt taking Pedro Leon with him (arguably Madrids best player on the weekend) and it is widely suspected in the Spanish press that this is because of the players negative attitude on and off the pitch recently. The "Special One" is however firmly behind Kareem Benzema and has said that he will be starting tonights game. I think this is just what Madrid need to get their scoring underway. There is nothing wrong with the way that they have been playing, they just seem to bag any goals. Kareem has been working very hard at training and is relishing his time under Mourinho so far. I dont really like taking socregoaler bets, but it may be worth looking at how much he is paying for anytime goalscorer, as he is raring to go. I expect Kareem to score tonight and provide space so that others around him can score. So I am going to take Over 2.5 goals @ 2.1 Paddy Power

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Is it only me who thinks that Shaktar is huge @3.20 away to Braga? Yes, they didnt convince in the first round and only managed to get a 1-0 win at home vs Partizan but they are a solid club with ambitions and if they want to get out of this group, which i think is not one of the hardest ones, they should not lose much points to braga. These ofcourse are first thought without any research. I think They could get at least a draw so +0.5 AH @1.65 with bet365 looks decent for me. What do you guys think?

Is it only me who thinks that Shaktar is huge @3.20 away to Braga? Yes, they didnt convince in the first round and only managed to get a 1-0 win at home vs Partizan but they are a solid club with ambitions and if they want to get out of this group, which i think is not one of the hardest ones, they should not lose much points to braga. These ofcourse are first thought without any research. I think They could get at least a draw so +0.5 AH @1.65 with bet365 looks decent for me. What do you guys think?
In my opinion they are huge for a reason. Braga is very strong at home and they eliminated Celtic and Sevilla on their way to the group stage.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 28th September Basel vs Bayern. Over 2.5 goals. 1.88 @ 10bet Bayern still missing some key players but nonetheless they are still very good team and can't play bad all the time. Basel have had 6 overs in a row and have not kept a clean sheet in last 5 matches. Bayern surely will take their chances. Don't think we'll have less than 3 goals in this one. Auxerre vs Real Madrid. over 2.5 goals. 2.10 @ 5Dimes Any odds above evens on overs in match involving Real should be taken as a very good offer. Mourinho has messed up this team with to many defensive players and Real have been quite poor in final 3rd. However, I feel today they will have enough chances to score some goals. Saw Auxerre against Milan. They were all over the place at the back and can't defend in Ligue 1 as well. Should overs in this one 2-1 or 3-0 for Real.

In my opinion they are huge for a reason. Braga is very strong at home and they eliminated Celtic and Sevilla on their way to the group stage.
Agreed. I read an interview of the coach of Shaktar in which he states that this game is decisive for Braga but not for us since we won in the previous game. Huh?! Ok now im on the contrary Braga DNB or a straight Braga win looks good to me :)