** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September

Aidymac

Dream Catcher - Plumpton 3:30 I think this horse has decent claims tomorrow. McCoy has sided with Boogie Dancer and is not riding this for Jonjo O' Neill but im going to stick to what i feel is in the formbook and i feel this has a good chance tomorrow at Plumpton. This horse is in very good shape at the moment, and ran a very creditable 3rd of 11 at Hereford on its last run. It runs off the same mark tomorrow and is dropped a furlong in trip to 2 miles. The ground tomorrow is no problem. It has won on good ground, good to soft and also good to firm ground. The forecast ground for tomorrow is good to firm so no problems there. It has only ever run at Plumpton once and on that occasion it was 3rd of 12 so thats a positive. It runs off the same mark as last run, 113.. Richie McLernon has rode this horse its last 3 runs , the only 3 times he has rode this horse and he has 1 win, 1 place , 1 unplaced so that a good record on the horse. Is still lightly raced even though its a 7 year old and there should be improvement to come. Has a solid e/w chance. 1 Point win @ 6/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September Quote:

Originally Posted by StuSimmy viewpost.gif 15:20 Musselburgh Cat O Nine Tails can bounce back from a poor run last time out to land this class 5 handicap. Mark Johnstons three year old has only had 8 runs to date and has only attempted this trip twice so she is still unexposed. Took her a while to get off the mark when she finally won a handicap off a mark of 63 at Thirsk over 12 furlongs. She then followed that up with another win which came over this course and distance, this was off a mark of 67. Faced a 5lb rise in the weights for that and headed to Haydock, again over 14 furlongs. Disappointed that day and drops down 1lb in the handicap for todays run. Not sure what went amiss LTO but she did take a keen hold that day and was then outpaced around 3 furlongs out. Should have a better chance today, back at a track shes won at previously and I think the smaller field will help her chances. Back into an all aged handicap today so receives an outstanding 11lb age allowance. 1pt win Cat O Nine Tails @ 4/1 (WillHill - BOG)
16:10 Hamilton Wrote the above about Mark Johnsaton's Cat O' Nine Tails for her race at Musselburgh 6 days ago. She won well that day by 2 and a half lengths and faces a 5lb hike in the weights for that. Still likely to be progressing and the fact Johnston is turning her out again so quickly suggests to me that he is trying to strike again with this horse while the iron is hot so to speak. Runs over a slightly shorter trip today but I wouldn't be too worried by the slight drop in trip. Receives a 9lb age weight allowance today which again could work in her favour as she is well in at the weights for that reason. Ground won't be a problem and Fanning on board again are amongst the other positives for her. Win Cat O' Nine Tails @ 7/2 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September 220 Uttoxeter : Tiermore EW (8/1 Bet365) Jump racing back after a two week break! The novice race at Uttoxeter features easy winner Tiermore. Could still be improving, he led them from a long way home last time and will try the same here. Akertac looks a danger on his second at Huntingdon but hasnt ran for a while and looks a real stayer, recieves the weight but may need this opener. Call Me Bill from the Bowen yard is probably the most interesting of the bumper horses. At the prices Tiermore looks good value.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September 5:10 Hamilton - Ritual - Back This looks a great chance for him to follow up here. Hanagan riding for Noseda is eye-catching in itself. One of only 2 lto winners in the field and many of the others' form is patchy to say the least. Looks a gilt edged opportunity got him to complete a double here 1pt win @ 1/2 Bet365 BOG

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September 4:30 Changing Lanes @ Plumpton - Been in quite good form this year with one win and two places from four runs.Was a bit below par LTO but that was on soft ground in a class 2,drops down to a class 4 today and is running off a lower mark than last run. 1 pt win bet @ 7/2 Bet 365 Cheers

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September Waveband 2.40 Hamilton 14-1 Paddypower BOG (EW) Notes:

Kieren Fallon put this up as one to follow in his Weekender column after winning cosily on it at Leicester and he was able to ease it at the finish and still win by 1 and a half lengths off a rating of 86 on gd-fm. Led that day but when a horse came to challenge it picked up and won going away, needs to dominate from the front. Has raced twice since then and finished last on both occasions, both efforts when leading, one on gd-sft, one on good and one of them over 7f. Seems to need 6f on a firm surface and needs to lead, unsure why it has been so poor after that Leicester race. Has several entries this week, including Yarmouth on the 14th. Clearly a decent sort, has shown a good attitude at Leicester and may go off a large price based on last two runs. Horse is from the Mark Johnston stable and Fallon/Johnston have a great strike rate together at the moment. It will be interesting to see who is on board when it runs.
I still think it could be a few pounds ahead of the handicapper despite fading quickly the last 2 races. Joe Fanning has won on the horse before and takes over in the saddle today, he led all the way previously and won by 6 lengths. He is in poor form at present with only 2 wins from 50 rides whereas Johnston is in good form but has used several jockeys, including Mr Fallon. Vitoria was a big danger but is now a non runner so we are left with 8 going to post and with 3 places on offer the 14-1 with Paddypower and William Hill seems too big to ignore.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September 3.30 Plumpton Herschel stayed on gamely under pressure last time out and this shorther trip might suit him better. Up in grade but should be fitter now and with the stable amongst the winners lately he should run well and might win this from the front if allowed an easy lead with the ground to suit. 1 Pt win 7/1 Bet365

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September 5.20 Uttoxeter Russelltown Boy ew @ 14/1 Coral Placed twice since moving to Evan Williams yard from Ireland. The best of these runs came at Hereford over 3M 2F. Todays distance wills suit and the ground will not be a problem and with Moloney in the saddle has a decent chance here today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September 2.40 Hamilton A weak looking event for a class 3 event, and Little scotland drops back in trip and cheekpieces need to have desired affect second time round and at the price doesnt leave much room so therefore I like the chances of Ming Meng and it is interesting that Bell brings her back to her last time win over CD in a maiden beating a next time out winner by 7 lengths he is rated 53 and he in turn beat a 75 rated horse by nearly 3 lengths so an opening mark of 75 looks extremely lenient and is certainly open to more improvement yet. 1pt win ming meng 5/2 vc

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September U3.20 Pocket Too 1pt Win 11/2 Totesport The jockey reunited with this horse today has only ridden it once when going down by a short head at 25/1. The trainer is in good form and the horse is on a mark significantly lower than its last winning mark. There's also been a little bit of support for it this morning so it looks like a big run is expected.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September

545 Curragh Orafinitis 40/1 0.5 pts Each Way Bet365 (BOG) Desmond McDonagh's filly is quite well bred out of Oratorio and made a promising debut at this track when running on 5th over 6f to Misty for Me. The horse shaped as it needed longer and was subsequently stepped up to 7f at the Galway festival recently. However, the horse was bumped on more then one occasion that day, causing her to lose all momentum and I feel that the run can be effectively written off. Back again over what I feel will be the preferred distance of 7f today and with the 7 pound claimer on board in Sam James I am confident of a big run. The filly is very well thought of by the yard and I am told any rain will be a plus. Decent size each way bet for me
2.45 Fairyhouse Wrote this last week before the horse broke free and was withdrawn. Same still applies and I am once again confident of a big run.Unofortunately, not quite as big a price as last week but I will take the 25s on offer with Coral Orafinitis 1 pt win 25/1 Coral (BOG)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September 5.10 Hamilton The favs been smashed today which means the field all look good prices. MONTE MAYOR ONE is 12/1 on SL tissue but 20/1 with Paddys. Runs well at the track with couple of close efforts. well held in competitive Ayr handicap latest (won by Mango Music) but this looks easier. 20/1 PP, 1 pt win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 19th of September 4:20 Uttox Au Courant 1pt win - 16/1 (Skybet) Think this lightly raced ten year old is way overpriced here. His race lto can be crossed off, was hampered at the first fence and never recovered after that. Is taking quite a bit of a drop in class here too. Finished only 7 lengths behind Big Fella Thanks in March, and even closer to Pasco. Has only had 12 lifetime starts, with 10 of them being over fences. Has won twice, both over this distance and on different types of ground, and in chases similar to these. Should be held up off the pace and with at least two horses that want to front-run here he should benefit from the pace. Paul Maloney is in the saddle and I rate him highly. He's managed to get 9 of his last 12 horses into the top three without winning, which shows consistency. Could throw in a little shock here at a good price.