** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Sunday 5th September

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September 2.10 Fontwell Space Cowboy is a huge price considering Jamie Moore is back on board and the stable have been flying over the jumps this week. Has won over this trip here before and is down to a very handy mark. I will be very surprised if he doesn't win or at least go very close. The main danger I believe is stablemate Alafrid. 1Pt win 8/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September 510 Wor: Whatdoyoucallit EW (33/1 SJ bog) Bit of a long shot but watched this horse the time before last and made me think he was capable of much more and was disappointe by his last run but was eased afetr being hampered on the bend, expected around 14/1 for this one so at the prices os worth a second look. To be fair the fav Drill Sergeant is different class on the flat but this looks like a last chance saloon for him so mayeb worth taking on. Society Venue is the obvious choice for the danger but will take a chance on the selection.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September Smart Step - York 2:00 Ran a superb race last time out when 6th of 17 at 100/1 in a Class 2 race over C+D. A much easier race today, is dropping 2 grades and a smaller field and this horse can dominate from the front today. Is a big positive in the market (20/1 into 11/2) and is a daughter of Montjeu and holds lots of big entries. Cant believe this horse was as big as 20/1 this morning. Johnston trains so extremely dangerous 0.5 Points e/w @ 6/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September 3.10 York Trip The Light win @ SP All the wins have come at further than todays trip but conditions are in his favour and has a decent record at York. Topliss has won on the horse before and his 5lb claim could make all the difference here and this is te type of race where the stable excels.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September 4.50 York I have this between the Fahey pair of FISHFORCOMPLIMENTS and ELUSIVE SUE. The former running off 80 but interesting that the apprentice rides taking off a handy 5lb. Has been knocking at the door all season and again a decent price to pick this one up. Hanagan rides the other one so dont discount completely. Fishforcompliements 10/1 Bet365 bog

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September 4.20 York Beat The Shower takes a big step up in class today but could still be well ahead of his mark, he has improved rapidly this season winning over hurdles and 2 tries over the flat, up 5lb for latest but takes a step up in trip which could yet inch more out of him as he only got up in dying strides staying on strongly so 2miles ought to suit very well. 0.5pt e/w beat the shower 8/1 coral

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September York 3.45 - Flipando - EW at 16/1 BOG with Victor Chandler. Seems to be a rejuvenated horse now they're training him for sprinting after a 70 run career as a 7 to 10 furlong horse Has won class 2 handicaps at Wolves and Epsom, showing that he should handle most sprint tracks It's not often that you can say an 8 year old is unexposed, but as a sprinter, that's what he is ! Disappointed last time out when sent to Ireland but has had a couple of months to get over that and he did win first time out when coming back from a similar break earlier in the year.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September 4:50 York Tevez won nicely last time after a barren losing run. That was on soft ground but handles faster ground perfectly well, and at this CD, finished a decent second last year. Sophie Doyle takes off 5lbs which almost negates the 6lb hike in the weights, yard in good form, with plenty of competitive efforts, (all of their last five entries have either won or placed). Has a little bit of improving to do but with some horses, they win once after a long winless run and win again quickly. 11/1 is too big. EW @ 11/1 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September 15:45 York Five Star Junior has a great chance of landing this in what has been a decent 2010 for him. Hes won 2 races from 10 on turf this year with both his wins coming over the minimum trip. Hes easily as good, if not better over 6 furlongs having won 4 times over the trip although they have all been on the AW. 3lbs higher than his win at Newmarket. Gets Good To Firm ground today which both his turf wins have come on. Trainer must fancy his chances in this having withdrawn from a race on Friday (unsure of the exact reason) and coming here for this race instead. Has run off todays mark of 94 in his previous three races, ran a solid race at Goodwood 3 starts ago in the Stewards Sprint, was denied a clear run around 1 furlong out but ran on well when finding a gap to finish 6/27 (4/13 in group). He was then 2nd at Nottingham over the minimum trip, was a bit short of room that day as well and was squeezed out and then finally he had a poor run at Sandown LTO but that can be excused as he was hampered at the start and never really got going afterwards. First visit to York so no previous course form to go on. 0.5pts E/W Five Star Junior @ 16/1 (>Bet365 - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September LOWDOWN 3.45 York. 0.5 points each way. Showed a bit better last time and I think he can improve a bit on that. The race should be run to suit and the trip and ground's fine. Gets in off a reasonable mark and so should be able to hit the frame.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September

5:30 Fontwell - Spe Salvi - Back This is a really unoriginal selection but on paper he looks absolutely bombproof here. The opposition looks absolutely non-existent and this looks like a completely gilt-edged opportunity to follow up his win lto. If he loses here I'll contemplate retiring from BBOTD!!! 1pt win @ sp
Oh Dear!!! Oh Dear!!! Oh Dear!!! Now i had a discussion with Ginger about Value earlier. I mentioned i would choose a winner over value... But in saying that 1/5 shots as Naps is bonkers in my opinion!! Even if you get a 50% SR with odds-on shots you still lose! I feel a new strategy may be on the cards mate???

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September Aidymac, we all have our own way of betting and some use the BBOTD as just that, others stick up big prices to try and catch the leaders or whatever where in fact the selection wouldnt be their best bet of the day at all, its a fun comp and I dont think its right to be critical at anyone that takes part on a daily basis.

Oh Dear!!! Oh Dear!!! Oh Dear!!! Now i had a discussion with Ginger about Value earlier. I mentioned i would choose a winner over value... But in saying that 1/5 shots as Naps is bonkers in my opinion!! Even if you get a 50% SR with odds-on shots you still lose! I feel a new strategy may be on the cards mate???
Thankyou for such a positive and constructive post Aidy. Brilliant that. I've had a nap turned over 2/5, I think the last thing I need is a cocky twaat like you posting ''Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear''. When was the last time I picked out one of your losing naps and stated such a thing? The answer is I didn't, because I'm not a dikhead. Unless you have something positive to say, keep your opinions to yourself in future

Aidymac' date=' we all have our own way of betting and some use the BBOTD as just that, others stick up big prices to try and catch the leaders or whatever where in fact the selection wouldnt be their best bet of the day at all, its a fun comp and I dont think its right to be critical at anyone that takes part on a daily basis.[/quote'] Cheers BH. Well put

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September I think the other point is the horse in question that got beat was leading when crashing through the rails 2f from home, you cant help that, just unlucky and one of those horrible things. Anyway tomorrow is another day and we all continue battle against those bookies - together eh!:ok

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 5th September Cheers Ted. Yeah this is like the 3rd time now!! I didn't realise people enjoyed me losing so much!!! I try to be bullish with my write ups, I don't write much so I tend to make my confidence known in my post. Pity really that the lurkers feel the need to be overjoyed at my losses!! BH, I know, he was like 1/10 on betfair in running at the time. I can't really legislate for him jinking and smashing through the rails in the final furlong can i!! Although it is the 2nd time that's happened to me this year now!! Oh well, bring on Monday!!

Cheers Ted. Yeah this is like the 3rd time now!! I didn't realise people enjoyed me losing so much!!! I try to be bullish with my write ups, I don't write much so I tend to make my confidence known in my post. Pity really that the lurkers feel the need to be overjoyed at my losses!! BH, I know, he was like 1/10 on betfair in running at the time. I can't really legislate for him jinking and smashing through the rails in the final furlong can i!! Although it is the 2nd time that's happened to me this year now!! Oh well, bring on Monday!!
You picked me up 100% wrong. In no way shape or form did i mean to put you down. I was just trying to give a genuine perspective!! Apologies if you thought i was being rude, it was not my intention mate..