UEFA Europa League > 16th September

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September

I see where your coming from' date=' Liverpool do often have problems against teams that park the bus. I think this is because in the past we've often played two defensive midfielders and Torres up on his own. Torres is usually ineffective against inferior sides with defensive set up's imo, as they often apply physical pressure and he is unable to use his pace. You need clever, tricky, one touch players against these sorts of sides. Maybe i'm being optimistic but I think Maxi, Cole and Meireles are those type of players. Let's hope so.[/quote'] Trust me, there's nothing more I'd like to see than the reds go out there and swat steaua aside... let's hope it happens

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Sparta Prague v Palermo Taken Palermo at 2/1 away win Just glanced over starting line ups appears Palermo will be looking to make an impression in this competition. Pastore start and will look to supplement the attack of Hernandez and Maccarone. Plenty of goalscorer ability there and having watched Sparta a couple of times already this season they have failed to impress me as much of a goal threat. Lille v Sporting Lille home win at 5/6 Lille are usually solid at home and think it will be no different here with Gervinho pulling the strings. Sporting line up has been weakened no Leidson and no Maniche. Postiga up front being asked to provide ammunition can not see anything other than a home win. Done a Lille and Palermo double these were the two stand outs from looking into starting line ups Got this double at 4.5/1 with StanJames

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September AEK - Hajduk 16.09., 21:05 CET Unfortunatley I can not say that I expect much from Hajduk in EL this year. I do not know why, after we qualified for EL, we didn't buy some players to strenghten our team cause it was obvious we will have problems playing in this rythm but... Anyway, Hajduk is going to meet more experienced team that is, what I have seen, playing agressive soccer. As we know coach Bajević is rather ofensive coach and playing at home I can not imagine AEK too much defending. Hajduk is much better infront than in defense with very unsecured Subašić lately and without Brkljača and probably captain Andrić. I rate AEK as a better team, playing at home and Hajduk seems to be slightly in downtrend and with some players out I can hardly see Hajduk getting something out of this game. Also this line 2.25 is lowe than I expected. As I said Hajduk doesn't know how to defend and with unsecured goalkeeper I fancy AEK winning here even in hcap and more than two goals in tonight game. Both picks with medium stake. GL Pick 1: AEK(-1), Odds: 2.68, Stake: 4/10, Bookmaker: Pinnacle Pick 2: >2.25, Odds: 2.01, Stake: 5/10, Bookmaker: Pinnacle

Dynamo Kiev v BATE both teams to score @1.9 >Bet365 Dynamo injured players: Sheva,Bertolio,Zozulya,Popov,usuf,Danylo Silva,Shovkovsky,Bogush. Suspended: Vukoevich BATE are unbeaten in last 6 games 6-0-0.they become a estern europian force in last few years.they played in CL group stage,UEFA.they know how to defend and know how to attack and they can cause Dynamo some problems tonight.Milevsky is in a poor form lately and Dynamo defence leaking too.Won't risk with 1x2 market but both teams to score looks like a good bet.
Bet won in HT,also Dynamo missed a penalty :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September 2 hours before KO,thousand of Karpaty fans attacked Dortmund fans in town center.special police force took german fans to the stadium.Let's see what happens there.looks like it will be hot match and maybe with some interuptions :eyes

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Liverpool vs Steaua Bucharest Liverpool have named a team that is nowhere near their strongest but i still feel that it is good enough to do the job here tonight. Joe Cole will be relied upon to create the chances whilst in Ngog they have a striker i am gradually warming to when it comes to work off the ball and ability in front of goal. Meireles should be able to control the midfield and a strong defence has been put out with the useless Brad Jones 'bench-warming' a massive positive (too many painful memories of watching him for Boro). Steaua were far from convincing when qualifying for this stage and will no doubt come here and stick 10 men behind the ball for most of the game. They do have a couple of creative players but their time on the ball will not be enough to make much of an impact i feel. I dont expect a scoreline like Arsenal produced last night as Steaua are better organised at the back, but i think a comfortable victory for Liverpool is more than likely. Therefore, i will take them to cover the handicap with a small-ish stake due to the likely tactics of the opposition. Selection: Liverpool (-1) to beat Steaua Bucharest at 1.95 with Bet365 (available at slightly bigger elsewhere but bet taken here due to having plenty of funds from last night still in account)

Agree with this, Porto look very good spent a fair bit of money in the summer but it looks to be paying off, watched the game against Gent (or Genk? Cant remember!) and it was a crazy match, goals flew in everywhere but as you state this is certainly an important game for Porto with the next two games away, games I would imagine they are more likely to rotate players I might be wrong but I think they will be very strong in this game.. The odds on a straight home win are lousy but I think the handicap is probable in this one and paddy power have restricted me a little bit but I still got to put on a fair chunk at 1.9 which is a little bit out of line considering their straight price is 1.3 most places I was expecting 1.8 at best.. The goals market is the main one I'm attacking having watched both sides in action a little bit I feel there are unlikely to be clean sheets at either end, Porto's home games reguarly go over 2.5 and Wein are no slouches in front of goal either I think both teams will score but I also thought that last night with Braga and look what happened there! I am covering the chance of Porto winning 3-0 4-0 or something by going on the overs/unders market..overs is better than I thought at 1.76 I was expecting 1.6ish and the over 3.5 is not a bet I would normally place but the 2.87 on offer is too good to turn down. A 3-1 or 4-2 win is not unlikely in my eyes, I dont think Wien will defend for 90mins they do not seem to approach games that way..I can just see Porto having too much power and too many options for them. Porto -1EH 1.9 Paddypower Over 2.5 1.76 ladbrokes Over 3.5 2.87 Coral
followed you on over 3.5 the handicap lost too much value for me GL :hope

I know it sounds crazy but i'm taking Karpaty +0.5AH @1.975 bet365 The difrence in class is huge,Dortmund is class above us and most of our players are ukrainians but we are strong as a team.we don't give up easy,we score goals,we are unbeaten in Europa so far with record 4-2-0 and for some reason our stadium is very lucky.Karpaty still unbeaten at home this season in all competitions also our national team always wins when play on our stadium.we have all players available.it's a first group game so don't think Dortmund will play all 100% away from home.Our players have no fear to play big teams and will be up for a good fight.I mighty be biased but this is my bet ;)
Bet lost in HT,also we lost another striker :( I was hoping for a draw,but looks like we are going to lose all games in group stage.completely different level ;)

Anderlecht v Zenit St Petersburg I agree with you nicko in that there could be some value in Zenit. They haven't lost a game in the league so far with 18 games played W14 D4 L0 and a goals ratio of 31 to 7. Regardless of the fact that the Russian Premier League isn't classed as one of the top leagues, winning games and not getting beaten very often is a good habit. Anderlecht on the other hand are no where near as far into the season as Zenit so fitness and conditioning can sometimes be an influence. Although they've started well W4 D2 L0 they've played only one team that currently stands in the top 8 of 16 teams and the Belgium League wouldn't be considered any stronger than the Russian League. Any connoisseurs of European football feel free to correct me if you feel that assumption is incorrect. Spartak have already successfully flown the flag of the Russian Premier League by winning away at Marseille at generous odds in the Champions League on Tuesday and Spartak have stats of W8 D5 L6 in the league. Those stats don't come anywhere close to Zenit's. I certainly think there could be some value in opposing Anderlecht. I'm not going to pussyfoot around on this one because these early rounds can often prove very unpredictable. With that in mind I'll plump for for an adventurous Zenit -1 at 11/2 Hills. If I'm to lose on it I'll go down with all guns blazing ;)
great call mate!!! :cheers

Liverpool vs Steaua Bucharest Liverpool have named a team that is nowhere near their strongest but i still feel that it is good enough to do the job here tonight. Joe Cole will be relied upon to create the chances whilst in Ngog they have a striker i am gradually warming to when it comes to work off the ball and ability in front of goal. Meireles should be able to control the midfield and a strong defence has been put out with the useless Brad Jones 'bench-warming' a massive positive (too many painful memories of watching him for Boro). Steaua were far from convincing when qualifying for this stage and will no doubt come here and stick 10 men behind the ball for most of the game. They do have a couple of creative players but their time on the ball will not be enough to make much of an impact i feel. I dont expect a scoreline like Arsenal produced last night as Steaua are better organised at the back, but i think a comfortable victory for Liverpool is more than likely. Therefore, i will take them to cover the handicap with a small-ish stake due to the likely tactics of the opposition. Selection: Liverpool (-1) to beat Steaua Bucharest at 1.95 with Bet365 (available at slightly bigger elsewhere but bet taken here due to having plenty of funds from last night still in account)
Win. Scoreline flattered Liverpool a bit and, on reflection, im not the happiest about my reasoning but its good that the bet came in and i can improve in future :ok Well done to all winners :)

AEK - Hajduk 16.09., 21:05 CET Unfortunatley I can not say that I expect much from Hajduk in EL this year. I do not know why, after we qualified for EL, we didn't buy some players to strenghten our team cause it was obvious we will have problems playing in this rythm but... Anyway, Hajduk is going to meet more experienced team that is, what I have seen, playing agressive soccer. As we know coach Bajević is rather ofensive coach and playing at home I can not imagine AEK too much defending. Hajduk is much better infront than in defense with very unsecured SubaÅ¡ić lately and without Brkljača and probably captain Andrić. I rate AEK as a better team, playing at home and Hajduk seems to be slightly in downtrend and with some players out I can hardly see Hajduk getting something out of this game. Also this line 2.25 is lowe than I expected. As I said Hajduk doesn't know how to defend and with unsecured goalkeeper I fancy AEK winning here even in hcap and more than two goals in tonight game. Both picks with medium stake. GL Pick 1: AEK(-1), Odds: 2.68, Stake: 4/10, Bookmaker: Pinnacle Pick 2: >2.25, Odds: 2.01, Stake: 5/10, Bookmaker: Pinnacle
great work, keep it up

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September Juventus - Lech Poznan under 2.5 @ 2.24 :eyes Juve down 2-0 early on. Unbelievable. Not the same team of old but still should not be conceding twice at home early on Dinamo Zagreb - Villareal over 2.5 @ 2.05 :eyes Did not expect Villareal not to score here Liverpool - Steaua Bucharest under 2.5 @ 1.93 :eyes Surprised that Liverpool scored early and conceded too. AEK Athens - Hajduk Split over 2.5 @ 2.30 :D

FC Porto: Agree with everything that has been said above and with the earlier post. Wish I had taken the overs market instead, as that would have been a much better choice, however the odds have fallen and hence my decision to back the handicaps instead. I am nevertheless happy to back a commanding Porto side to rout a Rapid Vienna side that has been performing poorly in the league. Liverpool: In regards to Liverpool, seeing how the "big" derby is this weekend, like Ferguson, we can expect to see a Liverpool side with many changes in it. Liverpool should win this, but it won't be by a large margin. It all depends on who is playing or rather if Gerrald and Torres are playing and for how long. Villarreal: Villarreal have gone over 2.5 goals in 4 out of 5 of their last 5 games this season, and more notably won 4-0 this weekend. Yes they played at home, but their other results away from home also have goals in them when they won. Seeing how Villarreal are favorites to win the game today, and the fact that they have no problem scoring in front of goal, I think this game will be Over 2.5 Goals. Furthermore, the team they are facing, Dinamo Zagreb have been doing well in their league, and have been putting together a solid string of wins at home. They have been scoring 2 goals in each of their wins at home, and that also adds to the factor that they will have no problem to score today. The FC Porto's match is where I will be focusing most of my bets on for today. Hoping it doesn't backfire on me :hope FC Porto -1.5 AH @ 1.95 bet365 4pts (took it earlier in the day):nana FC Porto -1.5 AH @ 1.75 bet365 6pts (took it just now):nana FC Porto -2.5 AH @ 2.85 bet365 2pts:nana FC Porto to win by exactly 3 goals @ 5.00 bet365 1pt:nana FC Porto to win by exactly 2 goals @ 4.00 bet365 1pt:\ Liverpool to win by exactly 1 goal @ 3.75 bet365 1pt:( Liverpool to win by exactly 2 goals @ 4.00 bet365 1pt:( Over 2.5 Goals in Villarreal's game @ 2.07 bet365 3pts:( GL all :hope
About 14 pts profit overall :beer Good night :D

Besiktas ultimate disappointment tonight' date=' 0 shots on goal. Its like watching Inter against Atletico..:spank[/quote'] They won 1-0, so they must have had a shot. I was afraid they weren't gonna get a goal but luckily they did

Re: UEFA Europa League > 16th September :D

Getafe-Odense = -1 AH (1.72) bet365 stake 5 / 10 reimbursement These teams are in the same group of Stuttgart and Young Boys in this group stage. Getafe came to this important contribution by the positive results achieved in the previous round by winning at home 1-0 against Apoel and then jogging home dell'Apoel to 1-1, while Odense won at home 2-1 against Motherwell and also won away from home with a score of 0-1 against Motherwell. Getafe in the league is the 7th in the standings with 3 points in 2 games with a roadmap of W1-D0-L1 goals scored 5 goals conceded while Motherwell 4 is the 4th in the standings with 6 points in 4 games with a road march W2-D0-L2 goals scored 5 goals conceded 4. Preview: Odense: injured: Anders Møller (DF), Espen Ruud (DF); doubt on Eric Djemba-Djemba (MID), Johan Absalonsen (ATT). :hope:hope:hope
reimbursement

Levski - Gent = over (2.05) bet365 stake 3 / 10 Levski and Gent are in the same group of Lille and Sporting Lisbon in the group stage. The home team has qualified for the group stage after drawing away with the score 0-0 with AIK and then always winning at home against Aik 2-1. The people have qualified against Feyenoord after losing at home to Feyenoord 1-0 at home and won 2-0. Levski in the league and 1 in the standings with 15 points in 6 games with a road map of W5-D0-L1 goals scored 14 goals conceded 4. The Gent in the league and 5th in the standings with 13 points in 6 games with a road map of W4-D1-L1 goals scored 9 goals conceded 8. Preview: Levski: injured: Miliev (Def), H. Yovov (Mid), V. Gadzhev (Mid); doubt: L. Baltanov (Mid), M. Ognyanov (Mid). Gent: injured R. Myrie (Def), K. Thompson (Final), M. Å karabot (Def), C. Lepoint (Mid). My prediction is over :hope:hope:hope
Profit :cow:clap:nana:clap:cow

Bayer Leverkusen vs Rosenborg Bayer Leverkusen -1 @ 2.20 (Unibet) Bayer Leverkusen haven't started great in Bundesliga, but they have 1/1/1 with their most recent result being an away draw versus Hannover. The focus of this bet though is Rosenborg - a team that is vastly over-rated by many people who do not follow the Norwegian league closely. The Norwegian league is worse than it has been for many years, and Rosenborg a shadow of it's former self even though Nils Arne Eggen is back as coach. I think Rosenborg would have been relegated from the Bundesliga. Rosenborg have played eight games against Bundesliga opponents in the UEFA Champions League group stage, with the record W1 D3 L4 (W1 D0 L3 away). The win came in 1999, when Rosenborg was a good team (to be honest, it's a while since the losses too, but Rosenborg struggle with Bundesliga teams). Leverkusen have won their last three UEFA club competition games. Rosenborg have scored just once in their last four European away games. Rosenborg has many times been accused of playing too naively in difficult European games, and I think they will again. They are not used to defending from the rubbish Norwegian league. I think Bayer Leverkusen will punish them severely and win by at least 2 goals. An alternative bet could be over 2.5 goals, but I feel the handicap is more value and my personal prediction would be a scoreline like 4-1.
4-0 :clap