Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September

Hi Punters Lounge, I'm quite new at punting though I have been lurking around these forums for a while. I was wondering if anyone would care to give some feedback on my bets for the qualifiers? My interest in punting has grown recently, and I'm keen on getting better.. ;) I'm sorry I don't know how to post like a punting pro.. I've made a multi-bet consisting of: Sweden beating Hungary. Over 2,5 goals scored. Germany beating Belgium. Over 2,5 goals scored. Netherlands scoring over 3,5 goals and keeping a cleansheet against SM. Spain scoring over 2,5 goals and keeping a cleansheet against Lichtenstein. The total odds is 15.43. Is this a bad choice? Personally I believe that its realistic, but its a multi-bet consisting of 8 different bets. Cheers, E
I won on a 6 fold yesterday with 6 tennisbets and the odds where 81.0 and you get 15 on this. Personally I would never pick 8 bets at the odds you picked. You got to be crazy if you think it's worth betting on.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Thanks alot! I've only got one account, on bwin.com. To start of with, I picked Spain and Netherlands each keeping cleansheets against SM and Lichtenstein, because SM failed to score a single goal in the last 5 qualifying matches for the World cup, while conceding 32, whereas Lichtenstein have scored 1 goal in the last 5 matches, while conceding 13. I can't see the World Cup finalists not getting 3 or 4 goals a piece against these two teams. Hungary seem to be in poor form have lost 4/5 matches since 2009, and conceding an average of 3 per match. Sweden on the other hand have won 4/5 and scored an average of 2 per match. Thats my reasoning behind the Sweden victory and over 2,5 goals. Germany had a great World Cup, scoring a ton of goals. Belgium have some great young players, and they might score a goal, but I can't see Germany losing this one.

@Red_impact Well, as I mentioned, I'm quite new and I need to learn how to find good bets like the one you won. Is it really that crazy?:tongue2
You just need a bit of luck here. Sometimes all your bets might lose, while one day all of them will win. I knew a guy on one forum who picked like 5-6 games during FIFA World Cup Qualifiers and he got a coefficient of @ 200.00. Placed 5 euros and won 1,0000. But I agree if you are picking 5-6 games in an accumulator it's better to be something good, so even a small stake will give you nice profit.

You're post is a bit misleading here mate, Craig Levein became the new Scotland manager on the 23rd December 2009, so only one of these games were played under him, the most recent 3-0 drubbing at the hands of Sweden which I did mention in my post above. Even in this game though, as TCA rightly points out, we had a very much weakend squad. An away game to Sweden with a weak squad and an away game away to Lithuania with alot stronger squad are two very different games. Also, even if I were to take these results into consideration, not one of the teams you have listed are anywhere near the standerd of this Lithuanian side. So I would not look into any of those result you posted up with any great depth, sorry. Recalling the older guys is not exactly forward thinking you say, well if recalling these more experienced guys to help the younger guys along and it ends up giving us a play off chance at qualifying for a major tournament for the first time in ages, I'd think that's a step forward. David Weir is still performning at the highest level in both Scotland and Europe this season, I think both these levels are of a higher standard than the Lithunian domestic league where the majority of these player will play their trade. I have no worries about Weir or indeed Hartley's ability to perform against sides such as Lithuania. I appreciate your input and opinion on my bet, but I think our judgement and opinion's differ greatly, while I am happy to take Scotland at the prices offered all day long away to Lithuania, you apparently wouldnt go near them at this price. I do not know what price you would price them up as, but I'd be interested to know? Cheers Scotlandspunter :cheers
I'm sorry you find my post misleading, I fail to see how it is so..You have a new manager yes, will his appointment result in improved performances? Possibly, another way of looking at it is that he is very inexperienced and has little clue about managing at international level, he admits Sweden cut them to ribbons and is going to line up 4-5-1 I imagine..it will be scrappy and Scotland will probably be lying deep for most of the game hoping to hit on the break..it might work but I wouldn't be too confident. The previous results are not misleading, they are the only facts we have to go on, I could have gone back a little further and show losses against Macedonia and Czech Republic but any further back than that would have little relevance to tomorrows game.. How would I price it up? I would prob want odds of 3.2-3.3 on Scotland but I prob still wouldn't bet on them because of their terrible away form and the decent home form of Lithuania, I see little justification for betting on Scotland at all and if you were looking at the facts that are in front of us and apply them to a different nation you would not consider betting on them.. What justification can there be on betting on a side that has conceded 20 goals in their last 8 away games scoring just 3 in the process, of which 2 were in the same game? Weir and McManus last played together in one of Scotland's best recent performances the 1-0 loss to Holland, and they will help Scotland put on a better defensive display than they have done recently I'm pretty sure of that, Hartley and Hutton are also likely to start, Hutton hasn't even started a competitive game this season and the selection of these players just shows the very limited options he has available to him. In view of the way Scotland are likely to approach the game and Lithuania's recent results at home I would consider the best bets to be: Under 2.5 (betfair 1.64) Lithuania to win by 1 goal margin (bet365 4.33) This is obviously just my opinion, hope your bet comes in.

I'm sorry you find my post misleading, I fail to see how it is so..You have a new manager yes, will his appointment result in improved performances? Possibly, another way of looking at it is that he is very inexperienced and has little clue about managing at international level, he admits Sweden cut them to ribbons and is going to line up 4-5-1 I imagine..it will be scrappy and Scotland will probably be lying deep for most of the game hoping to hit on the break..it might work but I wouldn't be too confident. The previous results are not misleading, they are the only facts we have to go on, I could have gone back a little further and show losses against Macedonia and Czech Republic but any further back than that would have little relevance to tomorrows game.. How would I price it up? I would prob want odds of 3.2-3.3 on Scotland but I prob still wouldn't bet on them because of their terrible away form and the decent home form of Lithuania, I see little justification for betting on Scotland at all and if you were looking at the facts that are in front of us and apply them to a different nation you would not consider betting on them.. What justification can there be on betting on a side that has conceded 20 goals in their last 8 away games scoring just 3 in the process, of which 2 were in the same game? Weir and McManus last played together in one of Scotland's best recent performances the 1-0 loss to Holland, and they will help Scotland put on a better defensive display than they have done recently I'm pretty sure of that, Hartley and Hutton are also likely to start, Hutton hasn't even started a competitive game this season and the selection of these players just shows the very limited options he has available to him. In view of the way Scotland are likely to approach the game and Lithuania's recent results at home I would consider the best bets to be: Under 2.5 (betfair 1.64) Lithuania to win by 1 goal margin (bet365 4.33) This is obviously just my opinion, hope your bet comes in.
Sorry, I'm not having that, you repeatedly turn to previous away fixtures which have little to no relevence on tomorrow nights game. You mentioned another two away performances in which Scotland lost in your last post, away to Macedonia and Czech Republic, both of whom are better opposition than Lithuania and both of which occured under a previous manager. Levein, inexperienced? Not having that either I'm afraid, he has plenty of experience at club level and working with limited squads, I think that will suit him well for an International career. Again you mention our limited squad, having to bring in guys like Hutton, who yeah fair enough has not played a competitive game this season, but he also was valued at £9 million on his move to Spurs, you would be lucky if the whole Lithuanian squad was worth more than that. My point here is, Scotland are a superior team to Lithuania, no matter what way you dress it up there is no denying that! We are by no means world beaters, but we can and have held our own against team of Lithuanian standerds (we beat them last time we played them away from home, irrelevent but interesting). Tomorrow night is where the real business starts for this Scotlands team, forget what has happened in the past, this is Levien's first competitive game in charge and the first time he has had a half fit squad to choose from, I'm still more than happy to take Scotland to win at those odds. I agree it will probably be a rather low scoring afair, I actually fancy Scotland to win to nil, but at the odds on offer for the straight win I am happy to take them.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Temur Ketsbaia - the coach of Georgian national team - knows Greek soccer pretty well, since he worked in Cyprus. I am confident that Temur will beat his colleague tactically however Greece have better squad. Nevertheless, Georgian players' majority play in the championship which are rolling on right now; that means they are in a top form. Giorgi Merebashvili scored a double during his last match in Serbian side Vojvodina. Jano Ananidze is just a poor 17 year old talent. He has got the most accurate shot in the whole Russian Premier League, additionally being one of the fastest player in the league. Gogua scores almost in every game for Nalchik, whereas Siradze is a solid part of the same team's starting line-up. Revishvili looks solid in Georgia's goal, conceding only one goal in last three international matches (Estonia 1:1, Cameroon 0:0, Moldova 0:0). Salukvadze and Kvikvelia play for one of the strongest Russian sides Rubin, while Kaladze have just made a transfer from Milan to Genoa. Defensively, Georgia has got good players. Greece are in a little bit of a crisis. They completely failed the World Cup, have new coach. That is true that Greece beat Serbia in the last game but still I think there could be a huge sensation in this group opener. Here are the on-going poll results: f58xb.png [url=http://bit.ly/euro2012qualifying]

Scotland do have other options at right back but Hutton has performed very consistently for Scotland even when he's not played many matches at club level. I think Scotland are more or less at full strength for this one. I don't think any of the injured players would have started this match.

I also personally feel that N.Ireland may be hitting a bit of a turning point internationally, and may possibly have missed their chance to qualify for a major tournament twice previously.
Hit the nail on the head there mate, I totally agree. A real shame all the same. We are awful travellers, and I actually think the odds on the Slovenians are rather generous.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Sweden vs Hungary -1.5 Sweden 2.30 bet365 We have Zlatan Ibrahimovic with maximum eagerness to play, Ola Toivonen in his lifes best form in PSV, Johan Elmander who is doing great in Bolton, a very good midfield with Pontus Wernblom and Anders Svensson and a real stable defense. We have no injury concerns and a history against Hungary that is all but bad. We impressed in the match against Scotland and Hungary have really only two good players in Zoltan Gera and Balazs Dzsukzsak and it's not going to be enough on Rasunda.

Sorry, I'm not having that, you repeatedly turn to previous away fixtures which have little to no relevence on tomorrow nights game. You mentioned another two away performances in which Scotland lost in your last post, away to Macedonia and Czech Republic, both of whom are better opposition than Lithuania and both of which occured under a previous manager. Levein, inexperienced? Not having that either I'm afraid, he has plenty of experience at club level and working with limited squads, I think that will suit him well for an International career. Again you mention our limited squad, having to bring in guys like Hutton, who yeah fair enough has not played a competitive game this season, but he also was valued at £9 million on his move to Spurs, you would be lucky if the whole Lithuanian squad was worth more than that. My point here is, Scotland are a superior team to Lithuania, no matter what way you dress it up there is no denying that! We are by no means world beaters, but we can and have held our own against team of Lithuanian standerds (we beat them last time we played them away from home, irrelevent but interesting). Tomorrow night is where the real business starts for this Scotlands team, forget what has happened in the past, this is Levien's first competitive game in charge and the first time he has had a half fit squad to choose from, I'm still more than happy to take Scotland to win at those odds. I agree it will probably be a rather low scoring afair, I actually fancy Scotland to win to nil, but at the odds on offer for the straight win I am happy to take them.
:lol The fact that you think that Hutton's transfer value from two years ago is worthy of note (and the arrogance of the comment after it) yet think Scotlands results away from home for the last two years apparently have no relevance at all shows that I am wasting my time a bit.. I'll leave it there, it is obvious we could both argue all day, but I don't want to clutter up the thread with fairly pointless arguing, as I said before I hope you win your bet I don't wish to see anyone here lose money..I still don't see any justification for betting on Scotland, and I don't imagine many people who arent Scottish will be doing so..:ok

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Andorra - Russia Even though Andorra is not a football nation compared to Russia they have improved in recent years and many top teams including Russia did not win in Andorra easily. Russia faced Andorra in two qualifying campaigns and while they won easily at home 4-0 (1997) and 6-1 (2008), their trips to Andorra were not easy and both times they won only by one goal 2-1 (1999) and 1-0 (2007). I do not expect Russia to have a walk in the park this time, because they are not a team that scores plenty of goals away. I see them winning by 1 or maximum 2 goals here. Andorra +3 @ 2.60 Paddy Power P.S. Price changed while I was placing this bet. It went down from 2.80.

:lol The fact that you think that Hutton's transfer value from two years ago is worthy of note (and the arrogance of the comment after it) yet think Scotlands results away from home for the last two years apparently have no relevance at all shows that I am wasting my time a bit.. I'll leave it there, it is obvious we could both argue all day, but I don't want to clutter up the thread with fairly pointless arguing, as I said before I hope you win your bet I don't wish to see anyone here lose money..I still don't see any justification for betting on Scotland, and I don't imagine many people who arent Scottish will be doing so..:ok
Arrogance of the comment after it..? Hardly arrogant, it was more stating a fact, I'd be extremely surprised if the Lithuanian squad as a whole were valued at anything over £9 million. I was stating this to show the level of this international team. I'm not taking this bet because I am Scottish, I am taking this bet because I believe the Scotland squad for this game are a superior side to this Lithuanian one and therefore I believe the 2.74 now on offer represents value. Anyway, cheers for the opinion, but I still will take this price as a punter, not as a fan.

Can anyone also notice that at Titanbet the odds for no 10th goal' date=' no 9th goal and so on are 2.77! for all!!! the matches where it's available?[/quote'] It is most likely an error and I recon if you place a bet on that they won't give you your winnings and say that it was a technical error and odds on that were 1.01 and your bet will be settled accordingly.

Arrogance of the comment after it..? Hardly arrogant, it was more stating a fact, I'd be extremely surprised if the Lithuanian squad as a whole were valued at anything over £9 million. I was stating this to show the level of this international team. I'm not taking this bet because I am Scottish, I am taking this bet because I believe the Scotland squad for this game are a superior side to this Lithuanian one and therefore I believe the 2.74 now on offer represents value. Anyway, cheers for the opinion, but I still will take this price as a punter, not as a fan.
9/5 is still available in the Ladbrokes shop, i was in today. :ok

I'm not taking this bet because I am Scottish, I am taking this bet because I believe the Scotland squad for this game are a superior side to this Lithuanian one and therefore I believe the 2.74 now on offer represents value.
For my sins, I'm going to get involved in this debate :eyes I'm with Hastgill here, I'm afraid. I'd be wanting slightly over three myself personally. Scottish clubs and the national sides are notoriously poor travellers, and I think tbh the highlighted quote above is slightly arrogant. The reasoning provided for tipping Scotland is basically that they have better, bigger name players. I can't see any other real nuggets of reasoning, other than that in the OP. If only football were that simple, we'd all be millionaires. The fact remains that there are very very few easy games in club and international football these days. Fair enough, the Andorras and San Marinos of this world are unlikely to ever cause a sweat. But Lithuania have put in some decent results over the last couple of years. I share your optimism surrounding the new era in Scottish football, and hope you guys do well. As for a betting prospect, I'd like to see some real performances strung together before parting with my hard cash. The best bets I can see for this fixture are both to score, or either team to win by one.

For my sins, I'm going to get involved in this debate :eyes I'm with Hastgill here, I'm afraid. I'd be wanting slightly over three myself personally. Scottish clubs and the national sides are notoriously poor travellers, and I think tbh the highlighted quote above is slightly arrogant. The reasoning provided for tipping Scotland is basically that they have better, bigger name players. I can't see any other real nuggets of reasoning, other than that in the OP. If only football were that simple, we'd all be millionaires. The fact remains that there are very very few easy games in club and international football these days. Fair enough, the Andorras and San Marinos of this world are unlikely to ever cause a sweat. But Lithuania have put in some decent results over the last couple of years. I share your optimism surrounding the new era in Scottish football, and hope you guys do well. As for a betting prospect, I'd like to see some real performances strung together before parting with my hard cash. The best bets I can see for this fixture are both to score, or either team to win by one.
You English must have another meaning for arrogant then Jase, as I simply think what I have said (that has been claimed to have been arrogant) has simply been stating facts. Scotland are a superior side to Lithuania, I do not see how that is arrogant. It's the same as saying Rangers are a superios side to St Johnstone or Celtic are a superiour side to Hamilton. I think you and the other chap are being slightly greedy here, I was really surprised when I seen 2.72 on offer for a Scottish win. I'd honestly have thought they would have been more around the 2.3-2.5 mark myself. Yes Scotland may well lose this match, thats a possibility, of course it is, however I'm willing to back them to win at these odds. We are all different people with different perspectives and betting styles, I am more than happy to back this, so if you gens don't fancy it, then by all means stay clear :ok

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Latvia v Croatia The Latvians are a difficult team to beat at home, losing only once in their last 11 home games, albeit against some pretty poor opposition. They don't concede many goals though, and havnt conceded 3 goals at home since 2004. Croatia arn't bad on the road however, and have only lost one away game since 2007, quite staggering considering they didnt reach the world cup. They don't score many goals though, and without Modric, who is out through injury, they lose a lot of creativity in the middle. So it looks like an unders game all over for me. Under 2.5 goals @ 4/5 - 5pts - Bet365

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September I don't know if under, the last game was Romania 6-1 Albania. (Euro 2008) And Albania never met the manager R.Lucescu Jr. :\ The Romanian ST are C.Marica (VfB Stuttgart), D.Nicolae (AS Monaco) and M.Bilasco (Unirea Urziceni). And some new faces at the team like G.Torje - Dinamo Bucharest ( on the right - speed ), B.Stancu - Steaua Bucharest (SF - speed ), O. Herea - Rapid Bucharest (offensive midfielder) witch are all under 25 and have appetite for scoring. Knowing the RO team i would not go with under/over bet. ;) The players in defence are good, but to be frank i don't no the value of the albanian strikers. Probable line-up Romania: Lobont Contra, Tamaş, Rădoi, Raţ Torje, Cociş, Florescu, Deac D. Niculae şi Marica Good luck :dude

Chivu is suspended' date=' so he won't play.[/quote'] How can Chivu be suspendet if the competition did not start yet !? When i posted he was uncertain but now i know he won't play for sure. Probable line-up Romania: Lobont Contra, Tamaş, Rădoi, Raţ Torje, Cociş, Florescu, Deac D. Niculae şi Marica Good luck :dude

Andorra - Russia Even though Andorra is not a football nation compared to Russia they have improved in recent years and many top teams including Russia did not win in Andorra easily. Russia faced Andorra in two qualifying campaigns and while they won easily at home 4-0 (1997) and 6-1 (2008), their trips to Andorra were not easy and both times they won only by one goal 2-1 (1999) and 1-0 (2007). I do not expect Russia to have a walk in the park this time, because they are not a team that scores plenty of goals away. I see them winning by 1 or maximum 2 goals here. Andorra +3 @ 2.60 Paddy Power P.S. Price changed while I was placing this bet. It went down from 2.80.
I was considering the +4 handicap (1.8 bet365) myself, but Christ it's a bit of a gamble! I would be more inclined to play based on what I think Russia's weakening powers rather than Andorra's abilities to defend, a few of Russia's better players (Zhirkov, Bilyaletdinov, Pavlyuchenko) have been warned their places are going to come under threat if they are not playing first team football reguarly and their recent results haven't been great, worth remembering also they only beat Litchenstein 1-0 away at a similar time in their WCQ campaign.. But then you also have to remember they are playing Andorra, wouldn't surprise me if they kept it to 2-0 but also wouldnt really surprise me if they lost 5-0! They lost 6-0 at home to Ukraine in their last competitive game remember but that was at the end of another long and fruitless campaign..they will obviously sit back and defend deep and with all handicap bets, whichever way you are betting, the time of the first goal is crucial particuarly when they have to beat a big handicap like this one..I think I would feel safer with the +4 handicap, I certainly would feel more confident backing Andorra to defend that handicap than Russia to beat it..

BELGIUM V.S. GERMANY

281.gif1037.gif

Honestly, i really like the German team. If you just look at their track record in the World Cup, you can see they were almost unstoppable. But one word of caution, Belgium has the home team advantage. For the head-2-head past records, out of the past 2 meetings, Germany has won both of them. However, both matches happened in year 1995 and year 1991. For the past 5 home matches, Belgium has won 4 and lost 1 to Croatia. Germany on the other hand has won(excluding the World Cup matches) 4 away matches, drawing only 1. I think German has a really fair chance of winning this game, that goes without saying. Belgium has a few exciting players in Thomas Vermaelen(He might score against Germany via corners), Kompany and V. Buyten. Germany on the other hand, is probably an all star squad. The question now is, by how much goals can Germany beat Belgium too? Honestly, i do not think Germany will thrash Belgium. Belgium are traditionally defensively strong at home and Germany always have trouble beating defensive teams that stay in their own half. An instance will be the 1-0 win against Ghana in the World Cup and 1-0 over Russia during the qualifiers. I believe if Belgium is able to keep their cool, this might just end up as a draw instead. Besides, Germany's midfield players haven't been performing in the Bundesliga. Top players like Schweinsteiger, Khedira(Played better in the opener than Higuian though) and Kroos seem to be still mulling over the World Cup exit. I think Belgium will be very keen to get a draw against Germany and i am not saying that they will get it definitely but, i do think that Germany is going to have a hard time getting that winning goal. So i will definitely not put my money on waiting for the Germans to get it. Even if they do win, it will probably be by a 1 goal margin. 281.gif BELGIUM + 1 @ 1.92 188BET

How can Chivu be suspendet if the competition did not start yet !? When i posted he was uncertain but now i know he won't play for sure. Probable line-up Romania: Lobont Contra, Tamaş, Rădoi, Raţ Torje, Cociş, Florescu, Deac D. Niculae şi Marica Good luck :dude
check the uefa rules

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September It is just not a long time passed since I started to bet on Betsson and so I did not bet on national matches before. Do they offer handicaps generally? cause they did not open any handicaps for Holland, Spain or Russia games. Anyone that can give info?

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Armenia - Ireland.Armenia are too poor for Ireland according to me.Ireland's World Cup qualifications campaign was quite successful.We all know the long story about why they did not play in South Africa.Someone mentioned above that Ireland often draws away.I agree but all the draws in the last campaign were against strong teams Italy, (World Champions by that time), Bulgaria with Berbatov in a decisive game where draw was very good for them and with the difficult team of Montenegro.Georgia was defeated away and I put Georgia same level as Armenia or may be a little better.Armenia won only once in WC 2010 qualifications at home against desperate Belgium at the end and provided one point more with 2:2 at home with Estonia. About the group I will say that Slovakia, Russia and Republic of Ireland are going to be the main fighters and Makedonia are always hard to beat at.Ireland must win such games against Armenia and Andora as all the other games are unpredictable.Ireland may miss Duff but they are strong professional team and need to start well. Away win with Bet365 middle stakes at 1.72

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Portugal - Cyprus The strong defense of Portugal is unlikely to receive many goals at home against such opposition.Cyprus on the other hand will be happy to get away with one point.Under 2.5 is 2.10 with Bet365 and also under 3.5 at 1.40 is very suitable for players who don't like to take some risk. Portugal - Cyprus UNDER 2.5 2.10 6/10 Under 3.5 1.40 10/10 Good Luck