** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis - US Open

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - US Open

I need Venus to lose this set 7 6 and then peer to get bageled :hope .... I might stick to football.
Haha one rule in tennis mate, love Princess Peer ;). In truth she played a really great first set, perhaps could and should have taken it, due to the 2 breaks she had. Second set Williams dominated although Peer played some spectacular shots. Glad as well as I had her with the +5.5 handicap, but more than anything good to see her playing some decent tennis at last. Struggled in recent weeks.

Re: Tennis - US Open Haven't seen many opinions about the late matches here, but I quite fancy Youzhny to take it. He looked very comfortable in his matches and Isner, despite returning back with confidence, is not in the best shape yet (from what I have seen at least). H2H is 1-0 from Youzhny, although it is not that important. I think that Youzhny should dominate the rallies pretty easily, especially if he can abuse Isner's weak backhand. 1.725 looks quite interesting and with the handicap set to just -2 and the price above evens, I am strongly considering it. Opinions?

Haven't seen many opinions about the late matches here' date=' but I quite fancy Youzhny to take it. He looked very comfortable in his matches and Isner, despite returning back with confidence, is not in the best shape yet (from what I have seen at least). H2H is 1-0 from Youzhny, although it is not that important. I think that Youzhny should dominate the rallies pretty easily, especially if he can abuse Isner's weak backhand. 1.725 looks quite interesting and with the handicap set to just -2 and the price above evens, I am strongly considering it. Opinions?[/quote'] Still thinking about that... Don't know, odds are bit too low IMO, at 1.80-1.85 id probably go for it but at 1.70... Not sure... U/O line is set at 41.5 games, match won't probably end in 3 sets so it should go over, wont be many break opportunities...

lopez jus win because of injury if i done unders/overs is a non runner?
Yes, bet is void. Corinthian: Yes, over is the second possible bet, but even a 4-setter can go under unfortunately, which would be my worry. I don't know yet, I will probably decide just before the match. But the more I look at it, the more I like Youzhny.

Re: Tennis - US Open Samantha Stosur - Elena Dementieva: Over 21.5 @ 1.89 Pinnacle Stosur didn't had too much problems beating Errani and Rodionova while she dropped one set against Vesnina. She was more than solid so far, her confidence is sky high and she will be very hard to beat. On the other side we have Dementieva who was even more impressive so far in USO. Govortsova, Bammer and Hantuchova are all defeated without losing one set. Obviously Dementieva is in great shape, she looks very stabile, both physically and mentally. Why over 21.5? I believe that this line can and probably will be crossed in two sets. Both players have strong serve, Stosur has huge first serve and bouncing second serve which is very hard to defend. Also, quality wise Stosur is not much weaker overall and i think she has the chance to win this. Dementieva is favourite with reason but this should be a very close game which can easily go to 3 sets which means that over 21.5 is very likely. Good luck.

Re: Tennis - US Open Thinking of taking Youzhny (-1,5 sets) @ 2.30 Paddy Power... Isner has been struggling since Atalanta (or you could argue the mamoth game against Mahut), and although Youznhy isn't in top form, I think he could win pretty handily against Isner, despite the big serve on hard court.