AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season North Queensland - Sydney over 2.5 @ 2.12 pinnacle Both sides started their season last week with a 3-3 draw and like the look of more goals here. North Queensland have a more youthful approach this year and their enthusiasm was on show last week as they were not expected to do well against Perth but gave them a real fright. They have problems in defence but they will give Sydney a go here who also showed last week that their own defence can go to sleep. They lost Bolton in goals and Colosimo in the centre of defence from last year's side so they may have some problems in organising themselves. In attack, the pick up of Carle will give them an added thrust when going forward. This game went over in the corresponding match last year and like bothdefences to concede again Melbourne Victory - Perth over 2.5 @ 2.02 pinnacle Melbourne drew 3-3 away to Sydney last week and their ageing defence with Muscat and Vargas were taken advantage of until Dugandzic changed the game. Expect this young lad to play well again here as Perth are still waiting to get their main defenders back, so they could once again concede goals here. On the flip side, Perth will be looking to gain 3 points after being disappointed to be held by Nort Queensland to a 3-3 draw. Fowler gives them that spearhead and finishing that they lacked last year, and he should be able to use all his experience to outmanouvre this Victory defence that does not look as stable as in previous years. Last 8 games between the two sides have gone over and like this trend to continue here

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season North Queensland v Sydney I think North Queensland aren't going to have enough tonight against Sydney, especially in defence. Sydney put 3 goals away against Melbourne last week against a more impressive defensive line up so I can see a few goals going in tonight from Brosque and Sydney to hold the Fury to 1 goal or scoreless. I'm really hoping I'm not proven wrong by the Fury tonight as the Wooden Spoon bet for the season will be looking very shaky already given the incredibly poor start by Melbourne Heart. Sydney Win $1.95 @ Sportsbet 10 Units Over 2.5 Goals $2 @ Sportsbet 8 Units 1st Goal Scorer Brosque $6 @ Sportsbet 2 Units Melbourne Victory v Perth Glory Very hard game to lean towards either team. Both with 3 all draws last week, Melbourne missing key players up front for the start of the season and Perth traditionally having a horrible travelling record I'm going to stay away and hopefully watch an enjoyable game with a nice crowd down in Melbourne. No Bet

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season North Queensland - Sydney over 2.5 @ 2.12 :D Some late goals get the win Melbourne Victory - Perth over 2.5 @ 2.02 :@ Surprised that Melbourne could not score on Perth even though Velapi was in very good form in goals for Perth. Central Coast @ 2.24 pinnacle Like the way that the Central Coast set themselves up last week as their coach Arnold tactically out thought Melbourne Heart. The Mariners do not play the prettiest of football but it is direct, simple and effective. Adelaide looked out of sorts last weekend and with more injury concerns in their defence, as Boogard joins Cornthwaite on the sidelines, then their fill ins will have a torrid time against CC who like to play 3 tall, solid strikers who contest every ball. Like them to use their advantage at set pieces to win the game

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Hi All, I've just started posting on this website - mainly in the EPL section, as it's my favourite league, like most football fans I guess! I'm also a big fan of our local A-League. Obviously it's not the best quality league around - but to improve it needs the support of people like us. Anyway enough dribble... This weekend I fancy a couple of different punts. Wellington - Central Coast: Draw Perth - Newcastle: Sterjovski 1st scorer Brisbane - Sydney: Draw All through SportingBet. I haven't checked the odds today though - But I will do so shortly and update my post.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season

Hi All, I've just started posting on this website - mainly in the EPL section, as it's my favourite league, like most football fans I guess! I'm also a big fan of our local A-League. Obviously it's not the best quality league around - but to improve it needs the support of people like us. Anyway enough dribble... This weekend I fancy a couple of different punts. Wellington - Central Coast: Draw Perth - Newcastle: Sterjovski 1st scorer Brisbane - Sydney: Draw All through SportingBet. I haven't checked the odds today though - But I will do so shortly and update my post.
:welcome to PL watson. Hope to see you around a lot! :cheers

Friday 20 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Melbourne Heart (11:00 BST) 2.32 3.3 3.6 101.18 %
Saturday 21 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Perth Glory v Newcastle United Jets (08:15 BST) 1.87 3.55 5 101.64 %
maximize.gif Brisbane Roar v Sydney FC (10:30 BST) 3.05 3.35 2.57 101.55 %
Sunday 22 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wellington Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners (04:00 BST) 2.01 3.4 4 104.16 %
maximize.gif Melbourne Victory v North Queensland Fury (06:00 BST) 1.82 3.5 4.75 104.57 %

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Adelaide United v Melbourne Heart Was about to write up on why Adelaide will win tonight but will now hold off on any bet until further news on Sergio Van Dijk. Reports are he will have up to an hour before kickoff to prove fitness. No Bet Perth Glory v Newcastle Jets I can't see any reason to suggest Newcastle will take any points away from this match. Perth have had a cracker of a start to the season although it was disapointing for them to only take a draw against a suprising Fury side. Michael Baird is also now available after release problems from his Romanian side which will bolster an already potent attack. Goal scoring doesn't appear to be an issue with 5 goals scored in the first two games although conceeding 3 to NQ was a blip! Newcastle in 3 matches against the Glory last year lost the lot without scoring a goal. With a similar yet even stronger team this year and at home in front of a massive crowd I'm happy to take the shortish odds on the Glory for the win. Perth Win $1.85 @ Sportingbet

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Brisbane Roar v Sydney FC I am a Brisbane member and will be at this game. Cannot wait for first home game of the season. I usually don't like betting on my own team as it obviously jinxs them but going to have a stab this weekend. With the bye last week there still isn't too much to judge Brisbane on except the scoreless game against the Gold Coast. Many opportunities were created but couldn't quite be finished. That game was played without a striker up front and this week sees the return of Reinaldo who will be busting his gut to get on the scoreboard after an injury ravaged last season. I'm confident we can score a few goals against an ordinary Sydney defence who now have conceeded 3 goals against Melbourne who had no recognised Striker and 2 goals against North Queensland. I would be very suprised if Brisbane don't get on the scoreboard. The main value in Brisbane here is Sydney's injury ravaged attack. Both Bridge and Brosque are out with injuries which means Carle and Danning are really going to have to stand up for Sydney if they are any chance. I may be deluded but I can't refuse the odds on offer for the home team win. Brisbane Roar Win $2.80 @ Sportsbet Microstakes Roar 3 - 1 Win $41@ Sportingbet

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Everyone out voting or something? lol. About to head to the pub. Last small stakes bet on first goal scorer. He took some excellent strikes against the Gold Coast and is looking very promising in attack from the midfield. Thomas Broich First Goalscorer $14 @ Sportsbet

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Hi everybody. I'll be on Wellington again, they've let me down last week when they were 3-1 up and ended 3-3. I hope this won't happened again. The odds on home win are 1,90 in my local. I like these odds so I'll take them with medium stakes 5/10

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Perth and Brisbane win great weekend :nana Very disappointing though had a friendly fiver on all home sides to win multi @ $19. First four come through then Melbourne conceed a penalty with less than ten minutes to go to North Queensland with 2 players sent off to draw 2 all!

Friday 27 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brisbane Roar v Wellington Phoenix (11:00 BST) 2.42 3.4 3.4 100.15 %
Saturday 28 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif North Queensland Fury v Adelaide United (08:15 BST) 2.48 3.35 2.95 104.07 %
maximize.gif Sydney FC v Central Coast Mariners (10:30 BST) 2.06 3.4 4 102.96 %
Sunday 29 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Gold Coast United v Melbourne Victory (06:00 BST) 2.5 3.4 2.95 103.31 %
maximize.gif Melbourne Heart v Perth Glory (08:00 BST) 2.75 3.3 2.56 105.73 %

Friday 3 September 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory (11:00 BST) 2.96 3.35 2.68 100.95 %
Saturday 4 September 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Melbourne Heart v North Queensland Fury (08:15 BST) 2.26 3.45 3.45 102.22 %
maximize.gif Sydney FC v Adelaide United (10:30 BST) 2.24 3.35 3.6 102.27 %
Sunday 5 September 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United Jets v Brisbane Roar (06:00 BST) 2.62 3.35 2.8 103.73 %
maximize.gif Perth Glory v Wellington Phoenix (08:00 BST) 1.93 3.4 4.2 105.03 %

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season There seem to be fairly good odds on a Perth win here. I was going to bet small on the draw but I've changed my mind! Wellington have goals in them but their away form is bad and Perth look fairly sturdy in defence and now with added Fowler.... $0.02 on Perf!

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Thank you! I've had moderate success in the UK PL but it turns out I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I've lurked around here for a bit and seen some enlightening posts so I'm trying something else! A-LEAGUE!!! Let's do this. :@ I might give the Bundesliga a crack as well as there seems to be a lot of wins and losses rather than draws.

Central Coast V Melbourne Victory Over 2.5 Goals These two teams will be keen to press for a result to sure up there spots in the Top 6. Melbourne have a fantastic away record we're they can sit back and use there pace to sting there opponents on the counter. The Victory will tonight introduce new striker Ricardinho which will add to there already impressive array of goal scoring options including Kruse Dugandzic Hernandez Pondeljak. 11 of the previous 15 meetings between these sides have been over 2.5 goals and with the Mariners backing themselves at home and the Victory's constant threat on the counter this game lends itself to a high scoring contest.
Close Window

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Hi all i am new here but some of you maybe know me.I am covering this area of soccer so i will present my picks on this forum too in future. Lets start i hope on big success despite the worst start of the league for me. MELBOURNE HEART-NORTH QUEENSLAND FURY PICK:HOME (-0.25) ODDS:1.91@ 12 BET STAKE:5/10 What queensland did in the first 3 rounds for me is really incredible and with a lot lot lot luck in their asses.Draw in the oppening against the champion candidat and by far the best team in the league Perth in 93th minute right before the whistle of the referee for FT,beat the champions Sydney at home,and draw against vice champion Melbourne at AAMI park with 2 players sent off and scoring an equilaiser from unexisting penalty.They definitely got the luck and took my money away.Last round their luck went away and they lost home against adelaide side.To be honest before the start of the championship i expected them to see at the botton of the table,a place where they deserve to be.For me they have the worst team and i expect soon their luck to go away and their form to drop. On the other side we got the newest team in the A league,team that invested a lot and created a team during the summer break.They signed great and also star players but they signed 25 players and didnt had time to consolidate the team.The results are obvious no win after 4 rounds,2 lost games,2 draw ( one of them was very lucky against Newcastle because Kantarosvki scored the best autogoal i ve ever seen ).But last round they showed a spirit hosting the best team in the league leading twice and conceeding in 90'.They again dissapointed their fans but there is a hope in the team because they really gave good performances.Now this is the 3rd chance this team to make the home fans happy and 5th chance to get their first win ever in the league.I think Fury will be the perfect team for it. Aloisi is back in the team and ready to make his first appearance in the new team and that will give a massive boost to the fans and players as i regard him a very influence player.Michael Beauchamp will be also ready to partner Colosimo in the defence which will also be a great addition in the squad and will give the defence a lot more confidence and maturity.A notable missing player will be only the midfielder Skoko who is out for a month. Fury will miss Adam Casey (Flu virus – 1 week), 13. Andre Kilian (foot injury, 1-2 weeks), 20. Matthew Ham (knee – 5 weeks) while Akoto and Grossman will be back in the team. All in all i see first win for Heart despite odds go in wrong direction.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Melbourne Heart vs North Queensland Fury MHRT by 1 Goal @ 3.80 unitab.com Small Stakes 4/10 This game is a hard one to predict and i was swaying towards a DNB on the Melbourne Heart. Although i do like my long shots and i do like the price on melbourne heart to win by one goal. Why? well these teams i believe dont have the ability to kill teams off when they go ahead. They havent beaten teams 2-0 or 3-0 yet and i really dont think they have the ability to. North Queensland as we know are the fighters of the league and if they go a goal down they will fight to the end to get that goal. If Melbourne get the early goal and start off with an attackive approach, (which i think they will) then i can see North Queensland picking it up a notch and almost balancing out the game seeing even chances for both sides. Both of these sides games have either been draws or lost/won by one goal so i guess im favouring the home side here today for the win and i can only see that happening by one goal.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Melbourne 1-0, but I must say I read about N. Queensland as one of the worst team in the league and I don't think so. I've been watching a couple of games of the A-league and I've definitely seen teams that play much worse then N. Q. I don't know, maybe its just me but I'll definitely think about backing them up when they play at home. Just hope Heart can win this one. :hope

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Yeah your right mate, i wouldnt rate North Queensland as the worst side in the a-league either. When they are at home, they always seem to come up with the goods and manage a point every now and then and they always like to leave it late aswell!. They've definately got the spirit and belief every game they play. Melbourne Heart i think will start to play to their strengths now as they've had time to play together and settle into van schip's style of play. Its 1-0 but the fury definately having the best of chances rearing to the end of the half. Im HOPING that melbourne heart can hold out and get the victory by one goal but like i said before Fury do like to leave it late so probably for the last 10-15 mins ill be on the edge of my seat if they havent scored already. Good Luck with any bets you have. :cheers