AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season

Adelaide - Sydney under 2.5 @ 1.80 centrebet Adelaide are struggling for form as they have lost their last 3 games, and it just looks like they can not get their game going. They have some talented players who can create and score goals, but even they have not been as prevalent as expected. Still their home has been very good as they have scored 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 games, and in these 5 games, they had allowed just 1 goal with 4 clean sheets. In their last home game against the Melbourne Heart they were cruising with a 1-0 lead but because they did not put some of their other chances away, they get mugged by two late goals to lose the game. Though they have conceded 8 goals in their last 3 games, expect the defence to be much tighter agaisnt a poor Sydney attack. Sydney have lost these 4 games, and find themselves at the bottom of the ladder and as such, they have not scored in their last 4 games. They have lost their last 3 games by a 1-0 scoreline, so they have been keeping games close, but have lacked the quality up front to get a win. Also they have scored just once on the road in their last 4 away games, so they too, are down on form. Like the look of this being a low scoring game.
Another great shout mate. Well done... :clap

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Friday 31 December 2010 Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory (07:00 GMT) 2.24 3.53 3.64 100.44 % Just going to throw out a couple of suggestions for Fridays match, please feel free to give thoughts & feedback. I'll leave putting them on until Thursday evening. The main one I'm looking at is both teams to score (1.7 currently availiable at unibet) Central Coast have a good scoring record at home this season, averaging 2.2 goals per game and have scored at least once at home against Brisbane, Adelaide and Gold Coast, all teams above or around them this season so far. Melbourne Victory away form isn't great but they have scored an average of 1.2 goals a game away from home, including scoring in each one of their last five away games. Given this info and the fact that the reverse game in November finished 2-2, this bet seems viable to me. I guess this would also point to an over 2.5 goal match, which I may consider. Odds currently 1.95 on bet365.

Friday 31 December 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory (07:00 GMT) 2.24 3.58 3.7 99.60 %
Sunday 2 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Melbourne Heart v North Queensland Fury (06:00 GMT) 1.87 3.64 4.48 103.06 %
maximize.gif Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar (08:00 GMT) 3.11 3.43 2.55 100.52 %
Monday 3 January 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United Jets v Sydney FC (06:00 GMT) 1.73 3.77 5.5 102.51 %
maximize.gif Gold Coast United v Perth Glory (08:00 GMT) 1.61 4.05 7.15 100.58 %

Friday 31 December 2010 Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory (07:00 GMT) 2.24 3.53 3.64 100.44 % Just going to throw out a couple of suggestions for Fridays match, please feel free to give thoughts & feedback. I'll leave putting them on until Thursday evening. The main one I'm looking at is both teams to score (1.7 currently availiable at unibet) Central Coast have a good scoring record at home this season, averaging 2.2 goals per game and have scored at least once at home against Brisbane, Adelaide and Gold Coast, all teams above or around them this season so far. Melbourne Victory away form isn't great but they have scored an average of 1.2 goals a game away from home, including scoring in each one of their last five away games. Given this info and the fact that the reverse game in November finished 2-2, this bet seems viable to me. I guess this would also point to an over 2.5 goal match, which I may consider. Odds currently 1.95 on bet365.
Sorry to keep clogging up this thread So i've taken both of these at small stakes (got 1.73 at bet365 for the both teams to score) I'm slighty concerned having noted that Central Coast haven't conceded in the past 3 home games, but i'll go with first instincts. :hope

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Central Coast - Melbourne Victory over 3.5 @ 2.90 centrebet Central Coast have scored in each of their home games this season, and of their 10 home games, they scored at least twice in 6 of them. They will like their chances of scoring on Melbourne who have just one clean sheet in their last 10 games, and in 4 of their last 5 away games, in 4 of them, they have scored at least 2 goals. Besides Leijer there is not much height in the defence, and like CC to do well at the set pieces, as they play with 2 or even 3 (sometimes) tall strikers. Melbourne Victory have scored at least two goals in their last 6 games as their formidable attack is coming into form as we head to the semi finals. Their some concern that they may not score against the Central Coast as they have 6 clean sheets in their last 10 home games, but given that this attack is playing very well, like them to add to the scoreboard. However they are missing their right back Bojic and defensive midfielder Griffiths, which should help Melbourne to score. They played last month in Melbourne where it finished in a 2-2 draw and can see these two teams involved in anothe high scoring game, given the importnace of this game for both sides, as CC needs a win to improve their chances of getting second spot while the Victory are 5th but have a couple of teams behind them eyeing their spot and need to pit breathing space between them.

Friday 31 December 2010 The main one I'm looking at is both teams to score (1.7 currently availiable at unibet) I guess this would also point to an over 2.5 goal match, which I may consider. Odds currently 1.95 on bet365.
:ok Not a bad way to end the year and i'll certainly be back for some more A-League betting in 2011.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Thanks blackcrow. For Sundays games I'm considering Adelaide vs Brisbane both teams to score (1.80 at bet365) Adelaide have an average 1.9 goals a game at home and need a win to start to make up the 8 points to their opponents. Adelaide have scored in all but one of their home games this season including the last 9. Adelaide do look strong defensively, however Brisbane average 1.75 goals a game away from home this season, and have also scored in their last 9 away games, which included 5 goals away at Central Coast and 3 goals at Melbourne Victory. The last time these two met in November Brisbane scored 4 goals. The overs 2.5 is 2.1 at bet365, and I might consider that as well. Again I haven't placed these bets yet so if anyone has any thoughts or important team news than feel free to put it in here.

Event Melbourne Heart - North Queensland
Selection Melbourne Heart
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.86
Reasoning After the two consecutive wins, Melbourne Heart climbed to the play-off zone. North Queensland Fury is the second bottom placed and they got to defeats and a draw on the last three games. North Queensland Fury is also one of the worst teams playing away, with only one win in ten games they played away so far. The two teams are above average teams and they don't really have amny differences of value between them, but the moment of form, confidence and morale makes the difference here. Playing at melbourne, i will back the hosts here.

Event Adelaide Utd - Brisbane
Selection Brisbane
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.52
Reasoning Adelaide is the second laced team and they got one win on the last game but they were coming from a three consecutive looses run. Is that bad moment really over? Big test they will have to see it, as Brisbane is the great leader, with eight points more than them, and a never ending unbeaten run. It will be a massive game and the pressure is all over the hosts as if they don't win, they will miss the chance of end the regular season on the leadership. Brisbane has great football and they will play at Adelaide without any pressure, and i am not seeing them loosing there against a irregular team.

Think i'll just stick with this one, don't want to stake too much on a match like this between the top two teams, as such matches can sometimes turn out to be cagey affairs. :hope
This game smells like a draw 1:1 B. Roar have some players missing...

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Adelaide v Brisbane DRAW $3.20 @ Sportsbet Brisbane are my home team but I've got mixed feelings on tonights game. Adelaide are in great form especially at home and I just feel our squad has too many changes tonight. I certainly don't think we should be favourites for the match but I'm taking the decent odds on offer for the draw. Our midfield is very worrying with our best player Broich out injured as well as Captain Matty Mckay. I think we will lose a great deal of attacking potency as a lot of our fast attacking plays come from these two players. Ivan Franjic is also a big loss but I think our defence is still quite strong and should be able to hold out Van Dijk. Good luck everyone.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Melbourne Heart @ 1.77 pinnacle Having won their last 2 games, the Heart are looking to continue their quest to make the semi finals. They sit 6th with Wellington and Newcastle juts behind them while North Queensland have lost their last 2 away games without scoring a goal. With one team comng into form, while the other has question marks whether they are going to be around next year, then like the home team to make it a hat trick of wins. Melbourne have won both of their clashes this year, so another reason why they look the likely winners. Adelaide - Brisbane over 2.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle Should be a very good game with both teams who like to attack. Adelaide are 2nd while Brisbane are top but there is 8 points between them. Adelaide will need a win to bridge the gap while Brisbane will be content with a point but with the way they play, playing it tight and conservative is not their style of play. Adelaide have scored in each of their last 6 home games, with 2 goals or more in 5 of these 6 games, while Brisbane have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 games. Like the look of goals in this game

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season As per usual Blackcrow has most of the points covered. It's hard to add any insight to the matches, but I'll add my 2 cents anyway. Melbourne Heart @ 1.73 Sportsbet Melbourne don't have the best home record in the league, but they are in form and will be looking for a good win at home to repay their loyal supporters. They welcome back Alex Terra to the side, and he should provide an added dimension going forward. North Queensland are poor away from home, with 1 win in 9 attempts. As Blackcrow said - they might not even be around next year, and that'll surely be playing on the players minds. Adelaide - Brisbane over 2.5 @ 1.91 Sportsbet Adelaide have a fantastic home record and they love to score in front of their fans - they have scored 2 or more goals in 7 of their past 9 fixtures at home. Brisbane's record away from home is just as good. In their past 10 fixtures away from home they have won 6, drawn 3, and lost 1. This includes scoring 2 or more goals in 6 different outings. This game has goals written all over it.

Thanks blackcrow. For Sundays games I'm considering Adelaide vs Brisbane both teams to score (1.80 at bet365)
:sad I was pretty hopeful to extend my good A-League run with this as well. Still onwards and upwards to tomorrow, when i'm going for two home wins. Small stakes though as i'm still a beginner with this league Newcastle Jets to win (1.7 at bet365) Newcastles home form is generally very good, with 3 wins out of the last 5, and the other 2 games being very respectable draws against Brisbane and Central Coast. Having lost their last 2 games on the road I imagine they will want to bounce back against what seems to be a poor sydney. Sydneys away form is indeed very poor, with 8 defeats in 10 away games, including defeats in their last three on the road. I might take the unders on this as well, but i'm still debating this bet. The Jets despite having a good home record only have 11 goals in 10 home games and I've noted that Franny Jeffers is out for them, as well as Bridges so their attacking line is a little bit depleted. A 1-0 or 2-0 seems a good possibility I think. The unders is availiable for 1.73 on bet365 Gold Coast to win (1.53 with bet365) Ok, so odds are pretty low but looking at the stats a Gold Coast win seems like the most likely outcome by far. Gold Coast have 7 wins out of 11 at home, whilst Perth have lost 8 out of 11 on the road. Gold Coast home form has been decent of late and in the last two matches they have beaten Melbourne Heart and Wellington Pheonix comfortably, teams who are (based on the table) better than Perth. I am aware that they lost to North Queensland prior to those two games but I'm sure Gold Coast will try and make sure not to make the same mistake again, especially if they want to push on and try to take second place. :hope

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Newcastle -1 (EH) @ 3.10 Having lost their last 2 games, Newcastle are back home and with a must win game here as they need to keep winning in thier remainder of their games to get a semi final spot. They won their last home game 2-0 over the Gold Coast and have 3 wins and 2 draws in their last 5 home games. Cannot emphasise enough how poor Sydney is at the moment. They lack creativity up front, no one to organise and give direction in the midfield while the defenders are prone to ball watching and leaving strikers unmarked in goal scoring situations. Also with Newcastle's coach still carrying a grudge on how Sydney shafted him, expect him to fire up his team to win and win well Gold Coast -1.5 @ 2.66 pinnacle Gold Coast were pretty unlucky not the beat league leaders Brisbane in the 2-2 draw. They will look to continue that good form here as they have won well at home, beating Wellington 2-0 and the Melbourne Heart 3-0. Perth make the long trip across the country to the east coast where they have lost both games they have played there 2-0 and 2-1. They also tend to struggle on the road as they one draw and 5 losses in their last 6 away games. They have underachieved this year, and doubt that they have much enthusiasm coming into this game as their semi final chances are slim.

Event Newcastle Jets - Sydney
Selection Newcastle Jets
Strength 10/10
Date 03/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.75
Reasoning Newcastle Jets are out of the play-off zone but i think it will be for few time. They lost points on the last two games and they must to recover it at home against the poorest Sydney. Despite the lost points on the previous games, they played well and playing at the same level they should win this game. Sydney is on a very bad moment, with five defeats in a row, no gosla scored on those five games, the coach being criticized... Sydney is playing much worse than the hosts and their fragile attack shouldn't be enough to stop a ambitious team like Newcastle Jets.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Newcastle Jets @ 1.70 - Sportsbet Under 2.5 @ 1.70 - Sportsbet Newcastle have a reasonable record at home this season and generally run a tight ship. In their past 9 home fixtures, they have won 4 and drawn 5. 8 have gone under 2.5, and in this period the Jets have only conceded 4 goals. I do have a small concern regarding Sydney FC. They have been very poor this season and their away record suggests they generally go over 2.5 (6 of the past 9 away fixtures have been over 2.5). However, as Tricky mentioned earlier, Newcastle will be missing Jeffers and Bridges. I think this will certainly deplete their attacking potency, but not to the point where Newcastle can't score. :hope I will also take Gold Coast @ 1.53 - Sportsbet It's fairly short odds, but I simply can't see Perth taking anything away from this game. Blackcrow has once again covered the match very well ... Perth have a poor away record in the league, and haven't won on the Gold Coast to date. Coupled with Gold Coast's recent home form and their desire to make a serious impact on this years competition. :ok

Event Gold Coast - Perth Glory
Selection Gold Coast
Strength 10/10
Date 03/01/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.68
Reasoning Gold Coast United must to work a lot as they need this win. They are just six points behind the second place Adelaide and they still have four games less to play. Perth Glory also plays here a decisive card to their hopes of being in the play-offs. Gold Coast United is a very irregular team and the key here will be how Perth Glory will present themselves. If Perth Glory plays like they did on the last game where they smashed Adelaide, this will be very hard for the hosts, but Perth use to be a average team and that kind of games don't appear all over the time. And that game was before Christmas, which means that his positive effect disappeared a lot.