AUSTRALIA A-League 2010/2011 Season

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Melbourne Heart @ 2.70 pinnacle Melbourne Heart are beginning to get their game going as their squad gets used to how each other plays. They have won their last 3 home games, and are coming off nearly beating Wellington in the toughest away fixture in the league. The Heart have also scored twice in 3 of their last 4 games, and they will test this Gold Coast defence that has allowed just 2 goals in their last 6 games. While the Gold Coast have scored 6 goals in their last 6 games so believe that the Heart have showed more attacking potential, and at home, like them to win this Melbourne Victory @ 3.56 pinnacle Melbourne Victory are coming off a very good 3-0 home win over their arch rivals Sydney last week, as it looks like they are starting to hit some form. They play Brisbane who they have beaten 5 times and drawn the other game in their last 6 matches against them. While Brisbane have been good this year, they are backing up after playing just 3 days ago, and they could be tired playing the Victory. Expect the Victory to stretch them like they tend to play the flanks quite a bit, which will only spread the Roar more around the ground. Like the Victory to edge this one at good odds

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season

If you are going to hang shit on the league then piss off to the euro forum.
Shut up goose, i'm an australian and ill hang shit on the A-league if i want to. you tough E-boy. wouldnt say it to me in person. Anywho. Perth v Sydney - both teams struggling to score so logical to take the under 2.5 @ 1.72 on bet365.com :dude

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season If you aren't interested in the A League then don't comment on it. Some of the games this year have been of high quality and certainly better than some other leagues that are also discussed on these forums. Stop being a moron calling me an E warrior. If you spoke shit to me I would tell you exactly what I think just like all the idiots we had to deal with at the game Robbie Fowler played at suncorp last season.

If you aren't interested in the A League then don't comment on it. Some of the games this year have been of high quality and certainly better than some other leagues that are also discussed on these forums. Stop being a moron calling me an E warrior. If you spoke shit to me I would tell you exactly what I think just like all the idiots we had to deal with at the game Robbie Fowler played at suncorp last season.
Don't pay attantion on asshole. People all over the world(normal people) respect Australia and your A-league. sorry on my bad english,greetings from Croatia. :cheers

Friday 29 October 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United (10:00 BST) 2.46 3.35 3.2 101.75 %
Saturday 30 October 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sydney FC v Brisbane Roar (07:15 BST) 2.5 3.25 2.8 106.48 %
maximize.gif Central Coast Mariners v Perth Glory (09:30 BST) 2.1 3.4 3.85 103.00 %
Sunday 31 October 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United Jets v Melbourne Heart (05:00 BST) 2.3 3.25 3.1 106.51 %
maximize.gif North Queensland Fury v Gold Coast United (07:00 BST) 2.7 3.3 2.65 105.08 %

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Perth Glory are going through a very bad streak loosing their last six games and only scoring 2 goals while conceading 12. Their last game against Sydney in Perth they were pathetic where they lost 3-0 to a team who hadn't won a game. Glory now travel to the Central Coast who are paying $2.00 with NSW TAB and has to be the bet of the week.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season What a weekend of football coming up cannot wait for some of these blockbusters! Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Adelaide travel to their most feared stadium against their greatest rivals. Melbourne have beaten Adelaide in the last 9 match ups between the sides. Melbourne has just started playing a little better in the past few games but I can't resist the great odds on Adelaide. 11 games without a loss and scoring goals left right and centre. Melbourne's defence got found out a little last week and I think Adelaide will trouble them with corners and have a little too much speed and skill to break down the defence. Only downer for Adelaide is the loss of Dodd and Mullen but Leckie is back and will hopefully run the defence ragged. Adelaide Win $2.80 @ Sportsbet Sydney FC v Brisbane Roar Same situation again here. Blockbuster game between the in form side travelling away to an opponent which always proves a struggle to gain a result from. I'm not reading too much into the first win for Sydney last week as Perth have been just as dire if not worse in the last 5 or 6 rounds. I expect the passing game to be far superior to Sydney and patience from Brisbane will see them grind away until they hit the jackpot. Of the few games I've watched of Sydney so far this season they have really struggled to maintain possession and give away possession to easily. Brisbane will really pounce on this so expect a high possession percentage in favour of Brisbane. Sydney's defence has been appalling most of the season and they are really missing Colosimo. While Brisbane can be wasteful with the amount of shots and pressure they are applying the odds again are too good to refuse on the in form team! Brisbane Win $2.80 @ Sportsbet

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Melbourne Victory @ 2.45 Tab Melbourne have a great record against Adelaide as they have won their last 9 games against them. In these games, they have scored 19 goals and conceded just 3 goals, with 7 clean sheets. While Adelaide have been the best side in the competition, Melbourne look like them may be starting to come good as thet showed in their win over Sydney, their big players came into some form and with a big opportunity to reduce the margin between the two clubs, like Melbourne to come out all fired up and nullify the visitors. Both sides have some players capable of scoring goals, but the Victory look like they have a more settled defence, and they have shown in the past that they can stop them from scoring. Go with the Victory here

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Sydney Fc - Brisbane Roar Pick:Sydney (-0.25) Odds:2.14 @ 188bet Stake:5/10 My strategy for posting early bets to catch good odds seems as it is wrong.So i decided to change a little bit and i hope it would be correct this time.Sydney FC for the first time this year has full squad and have no injuried or suspended.The coach can select his best lineup.After the surprising win at perth with 3 goals and zero conceeded seemed that the champion is back on the track.They changed their tactics and it seems the right one.Brosque and McFlynn are getting their form back which is indeed for the team. Brisbane is going from strenth to strenth and collect points elswhere against anyone.Their form is on a high level,but despite that i just can see them win this one.They are still missing their great defender Steffanuto who should be back in one week and Henrique has long term injury with a broken arm. All in all we have a great game here and thight game,where i expect sydney to continue in the way it should.Brisbane done too much so far and i think they will loose this one.In the worst case i expect the bet to be void.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Sydney @ 2.50 centrebet Like the home team to continue on from their morale-boosting 3-0 win over Perth on the road as their key players played well. Sydney have a bit of class up front and can see them causing the more inexperienced Brisbane defence some problems. Midfield should be a good battle, while like the way Sydney's defence was much better organised and structured last week, and like them to do a similar job here. Brisbane have done well so far this year as they are unbeaten in their last 6 games, but they have not beaten Sydney in their last 8 meetings in Sydney, as well as the fact that the home team has won the last 5 fixtures. Central Coast @ 2.07 pinnacle Central Coast have won their last 3 home games while Perth have lost their last 6 games, including their last 3 away games, allowing at least 2 goals in each of their last 5 games while scoring just 2 goals in total. Also CC have won 4 and drawn 1 of 5 games at home against Perth, and like them to continue their solid form here, against a side that is lacking form, but also seems like there are some problems in the camp, as players may not be responding to their new coach, as evident by their lacklustre performance at home against Sydney last week

Perth Glory are going through a very bad streak loosing their last six games and only scoring 2 goals while conceading 12. Their last game against Sydney in Perth they were pathetic where they lost 3-0 to a team who hadn't won a game. Glory now travel to the Central Coast who are paying $2.00 with NSW TAB and has to be the bet of the week.
Mariners thump Glory 5-0, Glory have major problems.

Dont post much but fancy a draw in Qld 'local ' !! derby TRY NQF V GC X 3.30 plus AH GC +0 1.95 cheers
late goal for GC ruins this bet. anyway :welcome to PL blackrock, hope you will add some reasoning behind your bets in future. cheers. :ok

Event Perth Glory - Melbourne Heart
Selection Perth Glory
Strength 10/10
Date 03/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 2.75
Reasoning Perth Glory and his poor career is surprising everyone but if someone denies his value they can pay it on high price. It is true that on the last two months, Perth Glory is on a real free fall, and they already have a row of seven consecutive defeats. But the season started very different to them. They won five consecutive games and they were included as favorite to win the A-League. This is very surprising indeed but we can’t deny that the quality is there. A team that played like they did on the start of the season should still have their value hide. Of course the confidence is very low in this bad moment, but the Perth Glory players know that a win can change everything. And they will back to win sooner or later…

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Wellington are unbeaten at home in 24 games. But I really don't fancy them tonight against Brisbane. The visitors are the best footballing team in this league and have excellent form. Records are made to be broken, the draw is a danger I guess, so lay of Wellington @ 2.76 is my bet here.

Wellington are unbeaten at home in 24 games. But I really don't fancy them tonight against Brisbane. The visitors are the best footballing team in this league and have excellent form. Records are made to be broken, the draw is a danger I guess, so lay of Wellington @ 2.76 is my bet here.
Brisbane win 3-1, great call mate. Any thoughts on the Perth/Melbourne game? Perth manager has threatened every players position. Very warm in Perth today, could benefit the home side.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Finished 4-1 in Wellington. Harsh on the home team but football is cruel sometimes. I'm also tending towards Perth in the next game but no strong feelings. Probably leave it alone. Could be value on the unders in the heat :unsure

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Perth will be playing a lot of youngsters in this game in a desperate move by Ferguson to try and turn around their form slump. Both teams will be tired after a short turn around from games on the east coast of Aus. Perth were woeful and deserved to be thumped 5-0 by CCM, a side really down on confidence, with senior players not performing. They have lost their last seven on the bounce. Heart on the other hand have been playing well of late, a good 2-0 win on Sunday away against Newcastle Jets. Although they will be tired after the late change of venue to Port Macquarie meaning their travel plans were thrown into disarray. If anything the value lies with Melbourne Heart @ $3 (betfair), but after their travel problems etc such a long away trip will be tough so am reluctant to back them. Perth still have a lot quality players and could turn it around but most of all they will be desperate not too lose tonight. Not the best match for betting imo, but with the home desperate for a result and the away side fatigued i'll have a small play on Under 2.5 @ 1.77 (Betfair). Not a fan of Ferguson as a manger, if they lose tonight i can't imagine him staying on as the gaffer for too much longer. An impatient owner who has invested a lot of money and has stated that a top 4 finish is a bare minimum this season won't put up with the way they've been playing for much longer. BOL

Friday 5 November 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif North Queensland Fury v Central Coast Mariners (09:30 GMT) 2.82 3.4 2.72 101.64 %
Saturday 6 November 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Melbourne Victory v Gold Coast United (08:00 GMT) 2.32 3.4 3.28 103.00 %
maximize.gif Brisbane Roar v Adelaide United (10:15 GMT) 2.52 3.35 3 102.87 %
Sunday 7 November 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sydney FC v Newcastle United Jets (06:00 GMT) 1.95 3.52 4.33 102.71 %
maximize.gif Perth Glory v Wellington Phoenix (08:00 GMT) 2.3 3.44 3.47 101.37 %

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season 2.72 for a Mariners win against North Queensland looks like a gift from the bookies. Does anyone know what are the reasons for such big odds? I'm thinking about backing Central Coast but don't know wheather to go with away win or with DNB for Mariners.

Re: Australia A-League 2010/2011 Season Central Coast @ 2.57 pinnacle Central Coast are coming into some form here on the back of their 5-0 hammering of perth at home last week. They have won their last 4 games at home but their problems are on the road where they have 2 draws and 2 losses from their last away games, having scored just once and allowed 5 goals in these 4 road games. As for North Queensland, they have just 1 win in their last 10 games, which was a 2-1 win over Perth two weeks ago. However, their problems is their defence as they have just one clean sheet in these last 10 games. They have drawn the other 3 as well lost the remaining 6 games, so while they look to score, they do not put enough focus on holding teams out. Like the Central Coast to back up from how they played last week, as they were far too good for Perth in all areas. Their defence is pretty solid while they have some tall forwards who are very effective at the set pieces. They also have a good record against North Queesland with 2 wins and 2 draws in their only 4 games played between the two teams, and the only time they played them last year in Townsville, they beat them 5-1.