** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July

Thursday 8 July 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Banants v Anorthosis Famagusta (16:00 BST) 5.36 3.86 1.66 104.56 %
maximize.gif FK Metalurg v FK Qarabag (16:00 BST) 2.3 3.5 2.9 106.53 %
maximize.gif FK Tauras Taurage v Llanelli (16:00 BST) 1.89 3.6 4.68 102.06 %
maximize.gif Sliema Wanderers v HNK Šibenik (16:30 BST) 8.5 5 1.39 103.71 %
maximize.gif Tallinna FC Flora v FC Dinamo Tbilisi (16:45 BST) 2.92 3.4 2.4 105.33 %
maximize.gif Bnei Yehuda v Ulisses FC (17:00 BST) 1.33 5 9 105.92 %
maximize.gif Dnepr Mogilev v KF Laci (17:00 BST) 1.44 4.5 7.4 104.97 %
maximize.gif FK Khazar Lenkoran v FC Olimpia Balti (17:00 BST) 1.67 3.55 4.95 108.25 %
maximize.gif MyPa v Narva JK Trans (17:00 BST) 1.26 6.25 10 105.37 %
maximize.gif Dacia Chisinau v FK Zeta Golubovci (17:30 BST) 2 3.45 4.06 103.62 %
maximize.gif F91 Dudelange v Randers FC (17:30 BST) 8 5.1 1.39 104.02 %
maximize.gif Györi ETO v FC Nitra (17:30 BST) 1.88 3.6 5.3 99.84 %
maximize.gif Gefle IF v NSI Runavik (18:00 BST) 1.13 10 26 102.34 %
maximize.gif Zalaegerszegi TE v KF Tirana (18:00 BST) 1.34 5 9 105.74 %
maximize.gif Lusitanos v Rabotnicki Kometal (18:15 BST) 7.31 4.52 1.37 108.70 %
maximize.gif Port Talbot Town v TPS (18:15 BST) 4.15 3.57 1.83 106.65 %
maximize.gif FK Mogren v UE Santa Coloma (18:30 BST) 1.07 10 21 108.22 %
maximize.gif Zrinjski Mostar v FC Tobol Kostanay (18:30 BST) 2.2 3.44 3.39 104.02 %
maximize.gif Dundalk v CS Grevenmacher (19:00 BST) 1.22 6 10 108.08 %
maximize.gif EB/Streymur v Kalmar FF (19:00 BST) 9.4 6 1.27 106.05 %
maximize.gif Glentoran v KR Reykjavik (19:30 BST) 2.8 3.7 2.5 102.74 %
maximize.gif Ruch Chorzow v FC Shakhter Karagandy (19:30 BST) 1.45 5.1 8 101.07 %
maximize.gif S.C. Faetano v FC Zestaponi (19:30 BST) 10 6.02 1.23 107.81 %
maximize.gif Široki Brijeg v Olimpija Ljubljana (19:30 BST) 1.7 3.64 4.5 108.52 %
maximize.gif Fylkir v Torpedo Zhodino (20:00 BST) 2.2 3.46 3.49 103.01 %

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July M0ving over from the previous thread; my book won't post its lines until Monday at the earliest: #2...HC and overs, possibly Rabotnicki Zestaponi Randers #2...HC Mogren Budva #3...HC MyPa Gefle

Updated figures for 2006-2009: 1. When the first leg went over, the second leg went over 37 games, under 25 games. When the first leg went under, the second leg went over 30 games, under 39 games 2. Home teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 or 3 goals, went 9-7, 7 draws in the second leg away --4+ goals, went 8-1, 2 draws in the second leg away Away teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 goals, went 6-2 in the second leg at home --3+ goals, went 14-1 in the second leg at home, average win by 4.3 goals, with all games won by at least 2 goals (the one loss was by 1 goal) Teams whose leagues are active in the summer -- Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Ireland -- advanced from the first round 21 times, failing to advance 10 times. I threw out the instances where two such teams faced each other. By league: Sweden 6-1 Finland 5-1 Norway 6-2 Ireland 2-2 Iceland 2-4 When these teams played the first leg at home, they went 11-2 with 3 draws, but the games were narrow -- only 6 of the wins beat a 1.5 goal handicap. When these teams played the first leg away, they went 8-6 with 1 draw, including 4 wins by 2+ goals. When these teams won the first leg at home, they went 5-4 with 2 draws in the return leg. But in the eight games in which they won the first leg on away, they went 8-0 at home, with six of the games by 2+ goals.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July Why are the odds on Sliema so long...I mean they did manage to hold Sibenic to a 0:0 draw on their away game. I just looked at the highlights of the game and Sibenic were dictating the game but just could not find the back of the net,will they do better as guests?...I need to look at the stats for this game to draw a better picture but I cant find them...does anybody know where I can look for them? Thanks

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July

Why are the odds on Sliema so long...I mean they did manage to hold Sibenic to a 0:0 draw on their away game. I just looked at the highlights of the game and Sibenic were dictating the game but just could not find the back of the net' date='will they do better as guests?...I need to look at the stats for this game to draw a better picture but I cant find them...does anybody know where I can look for them? Thanks[/quote'] Class difference? Sliema are from Malta. Sibenic are from Croatia. Sliema have only gotten through their first European qualifying tie twice in the last 30 odd years. Once in the UEFA cup in 96/97, and once in the CL in 2003/04. Getting absolutely demolished in the following qualifying tie. I'd probably expect Sliema to lose by a couple of goals tbh.

Why are the odds on Sliema so long...I mean they did manage to hold Sibenic to a 0:0 draw on their away game. I just looked at the highlights of the game and Sibenic were dictating the game but just could not find the back of the net' date='will they do better as guests?...I need to look at the stats for this game to draw a better picture but I cant find them...does anybody know where I can look for them? Thanks[/quote'] This is a definite bookies trap. I wouldn't touch this game if I were you. Sliema are experienced in Europe and although they don't score many, they rarely concede many. They frustrated Slaven Koprivnica from Croatia last season, only losing 1-0 on aggregate, and Slaven are/were a better side than Sibenik. Sibenik had a great Prva Liga campaign last season but they're not great goalscorers and they've just sold their best striker. They play some nice football but to back them to win against a 9-1-1 Sliema formation at 1/3 when they don't score goals is not worthwhile. I'd be interested if they were nearer to 4/6 but I wouldn't touch them at such short odds when they've done nothing to earn them. The only bets that interest me for this game is under 2.5 goals, Sliema +1.75, or perhaps a very cheeky bet on laying Sibenik. Good luck if you bet.

This is a definite bookies trap. I wouldn't touch this game if I were you. Sliema are experienced in Europe and although they don't score many, they rarely concede many. They frustrated Slaven Koprivnica from Croatia last season, only losing 1-0 on aggregate, and Slaven are/were a better side than Sibenik. Sibenik had a great Prva Liga campaign last season but they're not great goalscorers and they've just sold their best striker. They play some nice football but to back them to win against a 9-1-1 Sliema formation at 1/3 when they don't score goals is not worthwhile. I'd be interested if they were nearer to 4/6 but I wouldn't touch them at such short odds when they've done nothing to earn them. The only bets that interest me for this game is under 2.5 goals, Sliema +1.75, or perhaps a very cheeky bet on laying Sibenik. Good luck if you bet.
Thank you kindly Mozzi and Jase on your input...and yes the under 2.5 goals looks very likely but my bookies do not offer it I think that the most prudent thing would be to take your advice and leave it alone...even thought I must admit i was quite tempted to go for the draw which is here @4.80.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July Hi just wanted to say that I agree with Mozzi completely; odds on Šibenik win are way too short but still I expect them to progress. They are the kind of team that relies on counter attacks so they struggle at home ground when opposition parks the bus in front of the net. The problem is they sold their best striker Zec who is a pacey player and good finisher which suited their game perfectly. But should Sliema open up a bit there is a good chance that Šibenik will find the net eventually. I will wait to see the prices on asian market before making any decision, but I expect a low scoring affair and Šibenik to go trough at the end

Banants v Anorthosis Famagusta (16:00 BST) 5.36 3.86 1.66 104.56 %
I think Banants odds to win are far to high in this match. Famagusta are in command of the tie leading 3-0 from the first leg. I cant see them being too bothered about going for a victory as I am sure they will see this as job done. Banants are actually on a tremedous run of form domestically with only 1 defeat in 13 league matches and are currently top of their league. I can see this being a narrow home win with Banants looking to gain some pride after last week. I also dont think that Armenia are that much worse than Cyprus at international level to be honest. Nothing to heavy but I will back Banants in this one. Home Win - 4/1 with Bet365

Hi just wanted to say that I agree with Mozzi completely; odds on Å ibenik win are way too short but still I expect them to progress. They are the kind of team that relies on counter attacks so they struggle at home ground when opposition parks the bus in front of the net. The problem is they sold their best striker Zec who is a pacey player and good finisher which suited their game perfectly. But should Sliema open up a bit there is a good chance that Å ibenik will find the net eventually. I will wait to see the prices on asian market before making any decision, but I expect a low scoring affair and Å ibenik to go trough at the end
:welcome to PL mate. Good info, hope you stick around :ok

maximize.gifF91 Dudelange v Randers FC (17:30 BST) 8 5.1 1.39 104.02 %
This tie is already over after Randers smashed the Luxembourg minnows Dudelange 6-1 in Denmark last week. It might seem obvious to avoid backing Randers as the tie is finished however, a look back at Randers results at this stage of the competition last year is interesting. Last year Randers beat Linfield (N Ireland) 4-0 in the first leg at home and then beat them 3-0 away in the second leg. They didn't hold back in the 2nd leg last year against stronger opposition so again they may look to bang in some more goals and sharpen up for the domestic campaign just around the corner. I am going to try a handicap for this one. Randers (-1) Evens with Bet365

This tie is already over after Randers smashed the Luxembourg minnows Dudelange 6-1 in Denmark last week. It might seem obvious to avoid backing Randers as the tie is finished however, a look back at Randers results at this stage of the competition last year is interesting. Last year Randers beat Linfield (N Ireland) 4-0 in the first leg at home and then beat them 3-0 away in the second leg. They didn't hold back in the 2nd leg last year against stronger opposition so again they may look to bang in some more goals and sharpen up for the domestic campaign just around the corner. I am going to try a handicap for this one. Randers (-1) Evens with Bet365
Good call. I backed Randers to beat the -2 handicap at home and will be backing them to beat the -1 away at a good price. Good luck.

Agreed. see above:
2. Home teams that beat their opponents in the first leg by --2 or 3 goals, went 9-7, 7 draws in the second leg away --4+ goals, went 8-1, 2 draws in the second leg away
I think the issue is not so much "holding back" as the 6-1 scoreline demonstrates a real class difference, as opposed to a theoretical one. The one-goal HC is, I think, very solid.

Class difference? Sliema are from Malta. Sibenic are from Croatia. Sliema have only gotten through their first European qualifying tie twice in the last 30 odd years. Once in the UEFA cup in 96/97, and once in the CL in 2003/04. Getting absolutely demolished in the following qualifying tie. I'd probably expect Sliema to lose by a couple of goals tbh.
totaly agree! as what i know šibenik played in front of their own fans little scary because it is their first official european game, everyone expected that šibenik win by 3 or 4 goals margin but that didn´t happen. pressure were realy high and that is one of reasons they didn´t get their goal in first match. in this one i realy expect them to beat maltese team by at least two goals difference. i read in their official site that both šibenik and sliema will play realy open, so goals will not be problem this time. with news from croatia and my sence i think the best possible bet is on goals - over 2.5. my choice: over 2.5 goals at evens with bwin - 6/10 šibenik to win -1.25 (AH) with pinnacle - 3/10 :ok

totaly agree! as what i know šibenik played in front of their own fans little scary because it is their first official european game, everyone expected that šibenik win by 3 or 4 goals margin but that didn´t happen. pressure were realy high and that is one of reasons they didn´t get their goal in first match. in this one i realy expect them to beat maltese team by at least two goals difference. i read in their official site that both šibenik and sliema will play realy open, so goals will not be problem this time. with news from croatia and my sence i think the best possible bet is on goals - over 2.5. my choice: over 2.5 goals at evens with bwin - 6/10 šibenik to win -1.25 (AH) with pinnacle - 3/10 :ok
Pinnacle odds @2.04 :ok

Huge injury crisis for FK Zeta Golubovci 7 of the team that started the first leg in Montenagro last week will not start tonight. The 3rd choice goalkeeper is just 17 years old and only has made 2 first team starts. The assistant coach Vlahovic who is over 40 years old and retired in 2003 will also start upfront. This has to be the home banker of home bankers for Chisinau.:nana
Where did you get this info from mate?? Good stuff if true.

Where did you get this info from mate?? Good stuff if true.
yeah, i am trying to find this info but i can´t find any. i belive that zeta can´t go through even if they playing with best squad, but info would be great if it´s true. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July Lusitanos vs Rabotnicki Skopje Rabotnicki Skopje -1.25 @ 1.925 with Bet365 Great odds here. Rabotnicki won the first leg 5-0 and whilst they can relax because they are effectively through, the difference in class will still be telling and I think they will easily beat the handicap. Rabotnicki's European pedigree over the years is impressive for a Macedonian side, whilst this is the first time Lusitanos have qualified for Europe. The most important statistic is that out of 16 games Andorran sides have played in Europe, 13 have ended in a two goal defeat or worse. Of the other three, two were draws against Tre Fiori, a side from San Marino, so I think we can discount any importance this may have. The other game was a shock 1-0 win over an Israeli side, Maccabi Haifa I think...well giant killings happen, but I can't see one here today.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July I have read at the moment montenegrin newspaper and didn´fing this info above to be correct. all players are available to play for zeta, but the chanses are 50:50 according to zeta´s manager Dragoljub Djuretic. Zeta´s central defender Gavrilo Petrovic is aware of oponnents strenght but he said that he and his fellow frields will do everithing what is in their powers to get positive result in Moladavia. Zeta players aren´t in best form these days, but if they play like in last championchip they have some chances to go through. It will be hard taks for manager and his players, because Moldavians has shown they are better prepared and have great motivation in front of their own fans to get the victory. Info is from arena - first official montenegrin national sports newspaper. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July FK Mogren Budva v UE Santa Coloma Under 2.5 goals @ 3.35 - bet365 Warning: bets based on market and results only. I see no reason for the odds to be this high. Mogren won 3-0 in the away leg, and can control the win at home. Bet365 is quite a bit above the market, which is at 68/32 percentage wise. Betfair is at 3.35 (3.23 after comm) atm, but there is a gap to the lay at 3.65 (3.52 after comm), mind. Throwing out a bet here, at strong odds. Low stakes as this is purely expiremental.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Sliema - Sibenik
Selection Under 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning For me under in this match is very propably result. Sibenik is big favorite in this pair, but.. This team concended many important players before this season, in Croatian friends opinion - Sibenik in this year fighting about relegation... Sibenik not have any experience in European cups, this is debut. Sliema in first match play with big defense style and take good 0:0 on away.. Sliema not have skills in offense, but can play on good level in defense. Temperature on Malta are really hot and this is problem for Sibenik. I see next close game and odds for Under look very, very good!

Event Sliema - Sibenik
Selection Under 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning For me under in this match is very propably result. Sibenik is big favorite in this pair, but.. This team concended many important players before this season, in Croatian friends opinion - Sibenik in this year fighting about relegation... Sibenik not have any experience in European cups, this is debut. Sliema in first match play with big defense style and take good 0:0 on away.. Sliema not have skills in offense, but can play on good level in defense. Temperature on Malta are really hot and this is problem for Sibenik. I see next close game and odds for Under look very, very good!
Šibenik is adriatic sea town, and temperature are around 32-35 celsius, so i realy don´t think that hight temperature will have any effect in this match.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July Im all over Skonto Riga against Portadown, I got the -1EH for Skonta at 1.72 on bet365 which didnt hold for long now down to 1.57, or 1.61 on stan james, -1.5AH,-2AH is on 1.7 at bet365 .. The first leg actually finished 1-1, which was an amazing result for Portadown, they were battered for a large portion of the game Skonto hit the post twice early on and according to reports their goalkeeper had an amazing second half keeping them in it almost single-handedly..their manager admitted they were out on their feet towards the end of the second half, they held on until the 93rd minute when Skonto equalised..the final shot count was about 2-10 and corners 3-13 or similar.. This is of course a full-time team against a part-time team which is a huge factor, then take into account that Portadown have only just started pre-season and Riga are top of their domestic league after 11 or so games and I can only see one outcome, the Portadown goalkeeper who had an amazing first leg is normally the reserve keeper but is away on holiday for the game they also have a couple of players back from holiday but I cant see it making much difference away from home in europe for the first time in four or so years..

Also just to add, it could be said that although Randers have in effect won the tie already, Dudelange have lost it already so where is their motivation coming from? Will follow on this one.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July I've taken Reykjavik @ 2.1 - Betfair. They won the first leg at home 3-0 and are well in to their season right now. Glentoran still have the same squad problems that they had in the first leg, with several players being released recently, and the players haven't been paid for 5 weeks. I think Glentoran are all but out of the tie, so motivation will be particularly low. The price has been dropping quite considerably.

Event Győr - Nitra
Selection Győr
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.57 (Back)
Reasoning FC Nitra drew at home against Gyor ETO FC last week. 2-2 was the result and conceding two home goals on European cups is not good, and demonstrate the lack of experience of the Slovakian team. Gyor ETO FC is stronger but they also had some problems on the first leg, so they will approach today's game with respect, but there is no doubt that they can defeat the visitors today. Gyor ETO FC is favorite and powerful than the visitors and they will have a strong support behind them. The hosts have a full fit squad for today and even Pilibaitis recovered.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 8th July Apologies in advance, this is going to be an ultra-long post, and I don't want to flood a page with all my tips ;)

Event F91 Dudelange - Randers FC
Selection Randers FC (-1.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning UEFA Europa League 1st Round Qualification Phase Second Leg - Randers FC cruised to a 6-1 win last week over Luxembourg side F91 Dudelange, and the difference in class is pretty obvious by the scoreline. Randers will probably play their reserve side, but that will probably be enough for them to win. The Dudelagne side just can't compete with the Danish side, simple as that. I hope Randers FC will win by more than 1.5 goals. Good luck!
Event Port Talbot Town - TPS
Selection TPS
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning UEFA Europa League 1st Round Qualifying Phase Second Leg - The scoreline was flattering for Port Talbot Town in the first leg, who lost 3-1 to TPS and were handed a lifeline with an away goal from Martin Rose in the second half. Before that, they were being completely outplayed by the more talented TPS Turku side from Finland. I expect more of the same tonight, and even a win by more than one goal. I hope TPS will win. Good luck!
Event Banants - Anorthosis Famagusta
Selection Under 2.5 Total Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 2.31 (Back)
Reasoning UEFA Europa League 1st Round Qualifying Phase Second Leg - Banants lost by 3-0 to Anorthosis Famagusta in the first leg, but now with home advantage and less incentive for Anorthosis Famagusta, I expect the game to be a much tighter affair with not much goals. I think Famagusta will edge the Armenian side, but not as comfortably as they did at home. I hope this game has less than 2.5 total goals. Good luck!
Event FK Tauras Taurage - Llanelli
Selection FK Tauras Taurage (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.20 (Back)
Reasoning UEFA Europa League 1st Round Qualifying Phase Second Leg - FK Tauras Taurage were unlucky not to go back to Lithuania with a win against Llanelli, but the Welsh side held on for a 2-2 draw at Stebonheath. This time round, Tauras will be in their element and normal conditions, and despite not having a fully filled stadium, I expect them to beat Llanelli here. I hope FK Tauras Taurage will win. Good luck!
Event FK Mogren - UE Santa Coloma
Selection FK Mogren (-2.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning UEFA Europa League 1st Round Qualifying Phase Second Leg - FK Mogren comfortably battered UE Santa Coloma 3-0 in the first leg, and now they're at home, I think they'll want to impress their fans and win by a similar margin. The Over/Under market offers nothing to me, so I'll be brave and go for a Morgen 3 goal win. I hope FK Morgen win by three goals. Good luck!
Event Sliema Wanderers - HNK Šibenik
Selection HNK Šibenik
Strength 10/10
Date 08/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.51 (Back)
Reasoning UEFA Europa League 1st Round Qualifying Phase Second Leg - Sliema Wanderers and HNK Šibenik drew 0-0 in the first leg, which was a surprise in itself, but here, I see HNK Šibenik beating Silema Wanderers pretty comfortably despite not having home advantage. HNK Šibenik play their football in Croatia and are a decent team when they get going, and I don't rate any team out of Malta. I hope HNK Šibenik will win. Good luck!

Lusitanos vs Rabotnicki Skopje Rabotnicki Skopje -1.25 @ 1.925 with Bet365 Great odds here. Rabotnicki won the first leg 5-0 and whilst they can relax because they are effectively through, the difference in class will still be telling and I think they will easily beat the handicap. Rabotnicki's European pedigree over the years is impressive for a Macedonian side, whilst this is the first time Lusitanos have qualified for Europe. The most important statistic is that out of 16 games Andorran sides have played in Europe, 13 have ended in a two goal defeat or worse. Of the other three, two were draws against Tre Fiori, a side from San Marino, so I think we can discount any importance this may have. The other game was a shock 1-0 win over an Israeli side, Maccabi Haifa I think...well giant killings happen, but I can't see one here today.
Rabotnicki will play with the same players like the first game, should be easy win.

Moving over from the previous thread; my book won't post its lines until Monday at the earliest: #2...HC and overs, possibly Rabotnicki Zestaponi Randers #2...HC Mogren Budva #3...HC MyPa Gefle
Aside from the fact that it's the Mogren game that should go overs rather than the top three, this forms the basis of today's picks: Soccer - Randers - spread -1½ (1.75) Soccer - Dudelange/Randers - total Over 3 (1.70) Soccer - Mogren Budva - spread -2½ (1.76) Soccer - Mogren Budva/UE Santa Coloma - total Over 4 (1.94) Soccer - FC Zestaponi - spread -2 (1.69) Soccer - Faetano/FC Zestaponi - total Over 3½ (1.95) Also taking the overs in the two Iceland games, as I did in the first legs (both wins)...since 2007 Icelandic teams in this round are now 10-0 in overs: Soccer - Glentoran/KR Reykjavik - total Over 2½ (1.49) Soccer - Fylkir/FC Torpedo Zhodino - total Over 2½ (1.76) Also tailing this one: Soccer - Sibenik - spread -1 (1.70) Soccer - Sliema Wanderers/Sibenik - total Over 2½ (1.96) Hope to not lose too much. Luck all.