** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Birkirkara – Zilina Under 2,5 2,05 Bet365 5% The level of teams is rather different: from one side Maltese club, from other side – the club having CL history. But this match should be easy reading – close to draw and minimum goals. Slovaks are not in a good shape, besides host will defend the whole match. Waiting for the picture of last year, when Croatian Slaven scored only the only goal in two matches.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Birkirkara v MŠK Žilina - 1.5 @ 1.72 - BET365. Huge class difference again here between these two sides I feel. Birkirkara are Maltese opposition and achieved qualification for Round Two by defeating Andoran opponents. Even though they qualified, they still conceded three goals at home. Birkirkara have never gotten past the first round of qualifying for the Champions League. In 2006/07 they were defeated 3-0 by HB Torshavn from the Faroe Islands. There's been a couple of instances in the UEFA cup where they lost by a few at homew against Apoel Nicosia, Hadjuk Split and Ferencvarosi. Last season Zilina got through to the fourth round of the Europa league qualification before being edged out by Partizan Belgrade.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July

Birkirkara – Zilina Under 2' date=5 2,05 Bet365 5% The level of teams is rather different: from one side Maltese club, from other side – the club having CL history. But this match should be easy reading – close to draw and minimum goals. Slovaks are not in a good shape, besides host will defend the whole match. Waiting for the picture of last year, when Croatian Slaven scored only the only goal in two matches.
Profanat, I've removed your signature link as these have to be approved. Please contact [email protected] for approval :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Linfield are my team and I have good connections with the club, Rosenborg are top seeds in this rounds and well worth their favourite status. Last year against Randers was our worst performance in some time, the previous season we lost 2-0 at home (a 92nd minute goal) and drew 1-1 away in Zagreb. This season we have re-signed our top striker from England and another good young defender from Scottish football. I still can't see us getting anything from this game though, Rosenborg should be too strong especially with them being in mid season.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Dinamo Zagreb v Koper
Selection Dinamo Zagreb
Strength 10/10
Date 13/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.40 (Back)
Reasoning Dinamo Zagreb is incredibly strong home team, not a single loss at home last season. They scored 48 goals in 15 games and received only 6. This is an average of 3 goals scored per game! A very experienced in euro tournaments and completely different class from Koper. Some of Dinamo footballers cost as much as the whole Koper team. I have no doubt that Koper will try to lose with as few as possible and cement their goal. But Dinamo Zagreb plays almost every game at home in the same fashion and are used to break defensive teams. With much success, I may add. Dinamo coach talked in an inteview today about Koper tactics and players and it is obvious that he made quite a research on them and will be taking them very seriously. Dinamo Zagreb will score at least one and if early enough, they will be more comming.

Just a little one of my theories for today as I don't know a great deal about the sides. I'm going for two under 2.5 bets in two matches today, simply because both the visitors are strong favourites to qualify from their matches however they will not want to run the risk of losing the first leg, home sides will probably both look to keep a clean sheet because it could be massive for them to score at visitors ground, away sides will be happy with 0-0 as they'll be confident of beating their opponents on home turf. I don't see many goals in these matches today for the simple reasons above, of course we don't want to see early goals as that changes matches. Levadia Tallinn v Debrecen - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.73 & 0-0 @ 10 Inter Baku v Lech Pozan - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.67 & 0-0 @ 9.6 Betfair.
Good thinking. My knowledge of Azeri, Polish, Estonian and Hungarian football is slim to none (and Slim just left town), but on paper the away teams in both matches are the stronger. Now I'm thinking this might be counter-balanced by the home advantage, the hot weather and in Levadia Tallinn's case by the fact that they're well into their season (no first game of the season rustiness). So my limited knowledge leads me to thinking that they're gonna both be tight, low scoring games. However I'm going for the draw in each match. Both with Betfair. Inter Baku v Lech Pozan Draw at 3.45 Levadia Tallinn v Debrecen Draw at 3.45

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Inter- Lech Selection Under 1.5 Strength 10/10 Date 13/07/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.00 (Back) Reasoning I play risky bet, but for me odds for under 2.5 are too low and only one goal in this match is propably. Lech is very motivated to take good result, but this is long trip and players can be tired. Lech in this moment have better defense and midfield than offense, because sold the best player, goalscorer Lewandowski to Borussia. Inter Baku play at home, this team buy very good defenders in this transfer window. Team look very solid and in my opinion at home can not concended a single goal, I can image it. Under 1.5 in this match can be.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Omonia-Renova-more than 2goals win for Omonia 1.8 99%. Renova curently is the best team here in Macedonia but they dont have any chance for a positive result with the Ciprians.

Red Bull Salzburg v HB Tórshavn OVER 3.75 @ 1.70 - BET365. Torshavn are the current Faroe Islands champions, and even though they are already into their season, I see a huge class difference here. Torshhavn have a horrendous record in European competition. They have conceded at least four goals in all but one of their away qualifying fixtures. That being a 3-0 away loss to Motherwell in 94/95, losing the home tie 4-1. They've been absolutely demoralised by much weaker opposition than Salzburg over the years. Their last foray into European competition in 07/08 resulted in a 4-1 away loss to Iclandic opposition.
I looked at this one too, but Salzburg worries me...in CL and Europa competition, they've only crushed two teams at home over a period of many years. The line at my book is O4, and they've never surpassed this in CL from 2006 on (their best home result was 4-0 over Ventspils). In Europa League, they have done it four times.

I looked at this one too' date=' but Salzburg worries me...in CL and Europa competition, they've only crushed two teams at home over a period of many years. The line at my book is O4, and they've never surpassed this in CL from 2006 on (their best home result was 4-0 over Ventspils). In Europa League, they have done it four times.[/quote'] You have to look at the class of opposition they faced though. They hammered FC Banants in 08/09. FK Ventpils in 07/08. Other than that, they haven't really faced any similar opposition to Torshavn.

You have to look at the class of opposition they faced though. They hammered FC Banants in 08/09. FK Ventpils in 07/08. Other than that' date=' they haven't really faced any similar opposition to Torshavn.[/quote'] True. I'd be more inclined to take O3.75 as you did, though. At O4, I don't want to be sitting here waiting for the fifth goal in extra time. Luck with it.

You have to look at the class of opposition they faced though. They hammered FC Banants in 08/09. FK Ventpils in 07/08. Other than that' date=' they haven't really faced any similar opposition to Torshavn.[/quote'] Salzburg have sold main man Marc Janko to Twente. They've also lost Veteran striker Alexander Zickler to LASK Linz.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Linfield v Rosenborg (1-0) Rosenborg @ 2.15 - Bwin Bet is on Rosenborg to win by more than a goal. Rosenborg's legendary coach Nils Arne Eggen is back in charge, and we know what that means - attacking, direct football. He enjoys straight forward attacking, and it has worked well so far: they have yet to drop a point under him, 9-0-0 in their last nine with a 27-5 goal difference. I am of no doubt that Rosenborg will be out to secure a solid win and try to end this already in the first leg. They are still without Rade Prica, but Anthony Annan, who was brilliant for Ghana in the World Cup, is back and ready for action. Linfield are out of season, which is a definite advantage for Rosenborg, and I think they should secure a solid victory.

Event Ekranas P. - HJK
Selection HJK DNB (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning This is a promising game between two teams looking to the future where they can face some of the strongest teams of Europe. This is the highlight for both teams and they will play very concentrate. As the weather is hot for two Nordic teams, i don't expect lots of goals and the game can end on a draw. But HJK knows that scoring a goal here would make their mission much more easier on the second leg at home. They have their team full fit and ready for the game. They will make everything to score and i am not seeing them conceding two goals against Ekranas, so i pick a away win with DNB.

AIK - 2.75 @ 2.05 - BET365 v Jeunesse d'Esch. I try not to take AH on short priced favourites any more, but here I have to take these odds. AIK may not be performing to optimum standards in their league, but they, unlike Jeunesse, are well into their season. Jeunesse are the Luxembourg champions, and played their last fixture in May. I just feel that with an early goal, this is the sort of game that could end in a cricket score for what is still a much higher class of opponent than Jeunesse are used to. They've never advanced past the first qualifying round of a European competition in modern times. Losing by some big scores away to Celtic, Skonto Riga, Grasshoppers and FC Sion over the years. I'd rather take the home side to beat the handicap here because like I say, an early goal could kill the tie. And I'd rather be on the better quality opposition because there is no guarentee Jeunesse can hold out.
Late post but sorry i see no way that this bet will go in, AIK sold like 8 of the players who was main players last season and they really suck this season, not that they tottaly raped last season but they really sucks now so...... Hope you didnt put much on this 1

Late post but sorry i see no way that this bet will go in, AIK sold like 8 of the players who was main players last season and they really suck this season, not that they tottaly raped last season but they really sucks now so...... Hope you didnt put much on this 1
No worries mate. I was banking on class becoming too much in this game, but it is 0-0 at half time.....so .....:wall

Red Bull Salzburg v HB Tórshavn OVER 3.75 @ 1.70 - BET365. Torshavn are the current Faroe Islands champions, and even though they are already into their season, I see a huge class difference here. Torshhavn have a horrendous record in European competition. They have conceded at least four goals in all but one of their away qualifying fixtures. That being a 3-0 away loss to Motherwell in 94/95, losing the home tie 4-1. They've been absolutely demoralised by much weaker opposition than Salzburg over the years. Their last foray into European competition in 07/08 resulted in a 4-1 away loss to Iclandic opposition.
Nice result...the O4 was safe too

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Bohemians should easily do the business tonight. I was at their last game and they played quite well. They tend to start off well in Europe and some of their lads are on fire at the moment. Paddy Madden in particular. The Welsh league is considerably worse than the Irish one, and that's saying something. Bohemians -1 @ evens

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July linfield-Rosenberg. Rosenberg -1 H'cap 21/20 bet 365 Linfield lost this time last year to Danish team Randers. They were hammered 7-0 over the two legs, and Randers are no world beaters. Not many fans showed up for the 2nd leg at Windsor Park due to some medieval marching canrival, as may be the same story this time, that will not be in their favour. Linfield are missing Micheal Gualt, J P Gallagher and Lenny Murphy, three first teamers. Rosenberg have Annan available and are a pretty strong outfit that would fancy getting to the group stages. This could well turn out to be Spain V The Dog and Duck. I may go more than -1, but that price is pretty tasty.

Just a little one of my theories for today as I don't know a great deal about the sides. I'm going for two under 2.5 bets in two matches today, simply because both the visitors are strong favourites to qualify from their matches however they will not want to run the risk of losing the first leg, home sides will probably both look to keep a clean sheet because it could be massive for them to score at visitors ground, away sides will be happy with 0-0 as they'll be confident of beating their opponents on home turf. I don't see many goals in these matches today for the simple reasons above, of course we don't want to see early goals as that changes matches. Levadia Tallinn v Debrecen - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.73 & 0-0 @ 10 Inter Baku v Lech Pozan - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.67 & 0-0 @ 9.6 Betfair.
I have to thank you mate. Under 2.5 for Baku match was already my bet but I was just thinking to add another one and after I read your post, I decided to add Debrecen under also and made a good profit.:beer

Inter Baku-Lech Poznan = 1X (1.61) / Under (1.65) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Playing in Azerbaijan is not easy for anyone to Lech for the favored team. The Lech will be difficult because of the heat and because he only played a few games and then a very rough condition. The department offensive Lech is weakened by the sale of R. Lewandowski (Borussia D.) replaced by Wichniarek very old and slow, Mikolajczak very young and inexperienced. Inter Baku is a very rich young team with only a few local players the rest of the formation is composed of foreign players with huge experience of international football. After these considerations I think the prognosis is more logical and under-1X :hope:hope:hope
No profit :wall:wall:wall

Event Ekranas P. - HJK
Selection HJK DNB (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning This is a promising game between two teams looking to the future where they can face some of the strongest teams of Europe. This is the highlight for both teams and they will play very concentrate. As the weather is hot for two Nordic teams' date=' i don't expect lots of goals and the game can end on a draw. But HJK knows that scoring a goal here would make their mission much more easier on the second leg at home. They have their team full fit and ready for the game. They will make everything to score and i am not seeing them conceding two goals against Ekranas, so i pick a away win with DNB.
Last year Vetra eliminated HIK from Europe cup,Ekranas better team that Vetra.One thing is bad for Ekranas.Dont play good midf.A.Kucys and maybe D.Galkevicius.Odds dropping on HIK,but I watched HIK matches in Finland liga.Nothing special.I think here will be under 2.5 ,maybe good price for Ekranas victory.Ekranas play strong at home,they have one of the best supports in Lithuania.Little stake Ekranas win expekt 2.55.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July BATE-Hafnafjörður. BATE has a good sequence of performances at home in the Belourussian league, only allowing a total of three goals in nine matches. Imo, Hafnafjörður is no better team, especially not away from Iceland. BATE's defensive strenght in the league at home make me take a shot at BATE being the only team to score in this match, Bet365 1.90. Since it's off-season I continue to use low stakes waiting for the top European leagues to start.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July hey guys what are the chances of Partizan to beet pyunik?? any suggestions will be appreciated. i remember partizan was up against my team fenerbahce back 2 years ago but we were not that strong then and barley beet them @ home 2-1.

BATE-Hafnafjörður. BATE has a good sequence of performances at home in the Belourussian league' date=' only allowing a total of three goals in nine matches. Imo, Hafnafjörður is no better team, especially not away from Iceland. BATE's defensive strenght in the league at home make me take a shot at BATE being the only team to score in this match, Bet365 1.90. Since it's off-season I continue to use low stakes waiting for the top European leagues to start.[/quote'] Agree, i'm from iceland and i doubt FH can stand a chance here

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Aktobe-Olympia Rustavi = 1 (1.75) bet365 stake 4 / 10 Aktobe is the champion of Kazakhstan is a strong team and have maintained the same formation last season, are still the month of June. While Olympia Rustavi finished the season in first place in May, they have changed many players including their best striker and best player of the championship in Georgia. The Olympia had in its ranks several Brazilian players now with their departure will have a difficult time. The Georgian team for this meeting only 15 players available, then the difficulties are doubled. Eventually my prediction is 1 :hope:hope:hope