VIP Poker League Season 3

teaulc

with the new season starting in a couple of weeks isnt it about time we got some teams sorted? REGISTERING Registering for The VIP Poker League is simple and free! Firstly, you must have an account at bwin. If you do not currently have an account at bwin then please SIGN UP NOW. If you would like to find out you can take advantage of extra benefits, please visit here. You must email [email protected] with the following information :- Your Full Name Your bwin screenname If you are entering as part of a team, we need the following additional information :- Team Name bwin screennames of the other two team members Name of the pub/club or other organisation your team is representing. Please enter "Register" as the subject of your email. If you are registering as a team, then ALL team members must send in a registration email. Anyone registering as part of a team will automatically be registered as an individual too. If you have already registered for previous seasons, you MUST register again for Season Three. That's it!! You then simply enter the tournaments you wish to take part in and we will automatically add your scores to the league tables. Teams: team aspect now cancelled

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 I'm going to register for this at least as an individual, but I'm not going to be able to play many of the games (at most one in three, probably). So I don't want to join a team where I'd feel I wasn't pulling my weight. But there's no downside to being part of a team. So are there two other players in a similar situation who would like to join Team Occasional? Team rules would be that team members should feel absolutely no responsibility to play any games all if they don't feel like it.

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3

I'm going to register for this at least as an individual, but I'm not going to be able to play many of the games (at most one in three, probably). So I don't want to join a team where I'd feel I wasn't pulling my weight. But there's no downside to being part of a team. So are there two other players in a similar situation who would like to join Team Occasional? Team rules would be that team members should feel absolutely no responsibility to play any games all if they don't feel like it.
I'm in a similar position to Jeremy I couldn't commit to playing every game, say 1 or 2 a week at the most, so i would gladly join your team if thats ok with you?

I'm going to register for this at least as an individual, but I'm not going to be able to play many of the games (at most one in three, probably). So I don't want to join a team where I'd feel I wasn't pulling my weight. But there's no downside to being part of a team. So are there two other players in a similar situation who would like to join Team Occasional? Team rules would be that team members should feel absolutely no responsibility to play any games all if they don't feel like it.
I'm in a similar position to Jeremy I couldn't commit to playing every game' date=' say 1 or 2 a week at the most, so i would gladly join your team if thats ok with you?[/quote'] if you want me i am also in this position in being able to play only twice a week

Great! Welcome on board. :ok I think we now each have to email VPL to give our details and to say we're signing up as Team Occasional.
think it only needs one of us to do that and as our captain we will leave it to you :ok

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Bugger. I wanted to join Team Occasional!! :cry OK, well I shall set up a new team which is to be very similar to Team Occasional in that there will be no pressure at all to play lots of games as I will only be playing at most 2 games a week so if anyone would like to join Team Casual then post up. :ok

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Have registered as an individual, but would be more than happy to join a team to make up the numbers ;) bwin name; -GHOP- My name; Glenn Hopley Played 1st Season & played final, couldn't make Season 2 final so didn't play league.

Re: VIP-Team Drunk Maniacs - Full THIS IS THE SETUP FOR VIP-LEAGUE SEASON 3 IN GENERAL source: http://vippokerleague.com/ The new season starts on May 24th 2010. The VIP Poker League is run over a 15 week season, divided into three 5 week Mini-Seasons. Every week there are four online tournaments held on bwin for players to take part in. Participating players score points based on their finishing and can win prizes IN ADDITION to any money they win in the tournaments. These weekly tournaments are held on the following days : Tuesday - 8pm Wednesday - 8pm Thursday - 7pm Sunday - 7pm Each tournament is a $5 + $.50 buy-in with a GUARANTEED prize pool of $500! You don't need to take part in all four tournaments, as only your top two scores each week will count. If you are unable to make a couple of weeks because of work commitments or a holiday, we have the option of Joker Cards which you can use and automatically get your average score that week. The scoring system is very simple. You earn 1 point for entering a tournament, and 1 point for every person you finish ahead of. So in a 100 runner tournament, you would receive 100 points for winning and 5 points for finishing 96th. You also receive 1 point for every dollar you win in prize money. Only your best two scores each week count, but you can earn a bonus 5% on your weekly score for playing in three tournaments or a bonus 10% for playing in four tournaments. Teams must consist of three players, and the team score will be the total of their three team members. There will be two leagues keeping track of score - a Team League and an Individual League. WEEKLY PRIZES Each week, the highest scoring individual will win a $22 tournament ticket. This can be used in any qualifying bwin poker tournament. Each week, the three members of the highest scoring team will win a $22 tournament ticket. This can be used in any qualifying bwin poker tournament. MINI-SEASON PRIZES At the end of each 5 week Mini-Season, the 10 highest scoring individuals will be awarded prizes as listed below : 1st Place - $150 2nd Place - $75 3rd Place - $25 4th - 10th Place - $20 free bet The 10 highest scoring teams will be awarded prizes as listed below : 1st Place - $150 for each team member 2nd Place - $75 for each team member 3rd Place - $25 for each team member 4th - 10th Place - $20 free bet for each team member MAIN EVENT QUALIFICATION The Main Event will feature just 20 runners, with everyone guaranteed to walk away with a share of the prize-pool. Automatic Qualification (12 seats) The individuals placed 1st-3rd will all win a seat to the Main Event. Each member of the teams placed 1st-3rd will all win a seat to the Main Event. Main Event Play-Off (8 seats) The individuals placed 4th-10th will all win a seat in the Main Event Play-Off. Each member of the teams placed 4th-10th will all will a seat in the Main Event Play-Off. The Main Event Play-Off will be held online at bwin, with 28 runners. The top eight finishers will all win a seat to the Main Event. The remaining 20 players will all win a seat to the Side Event. SIDE EVENT QUALIFICATION The Side Event will feature 150 runners, with the top 30 guaranteed a share of the prize-pool. Side Event Automatic Qualification (100 seats) The 20 players from the Main Event Play-Off not qualifying for the Main Event will all win a seat at the Side Event. The individuals placed 11th-30th will all win a seat to the Side Event. Each member of the teams placed 11th-30th will all win a seat to the Side Event. Side Event Play-Offs (50 seats) There will be two Side Event Play-Offs, to be held online at bwin. Each Side Event Play-Off will be a $5.00 freezeout tournament. The top 25 finishers in each Side Event Play-Off will win a seat to the Side Event. The Side Event Play-Offs will be open to any registered VIP Poker League players who has played at least 15 tournaments during the season. LIVE FINAL & PAYOUTS MAIN EVENT (20 Runners) 10th – 20th = $100 9th = $120 8th = $140 7th = $160 6th = $180 5th = $200 4th = $250 3rd = $375 2nd = $750 + ONE VIP Packages to watch Real Madrid with all expenses paid. 1st = $1,500 + TWO VIP packages to watch Real Madrid with all expenses paid. SIDE EVENT (150 Runners) 21st – 30th = $25 free bet 10th – 20th = $50 free bet 9th = $100 8th = $120 7th = $140 6th = $160 5th = $180 4th = $200 3rd = $250 2nd = $375 1st = $500 + ONE VIP Package to Real Madrid with all expenses paid.

Have registered as an individual, but would be more than happy to join a team to make up the numbers ;) bwin name; -GHOP- My name; Glenn Hopley Played 1st Season & played final, couldn't make Season 2 final so didn't play league.
Glen, there's a couple of teams open at the moment if you fit their manifestos (see sticky threads here), or feel free to advertise your own with your requirements. :ok

• 2 weeks later...

VIP Poker League Season 3 Received this: "I'm afraid I have some very bad news. We've just been told by bwin that the tournaments for The VIP Poker League will only be available to UK players. It seems that was their intention all along - with it being a UK focussed promotion - and assumed we were aware of the fact. We had no idea that certain tournaments would only be served to be in specifc geo-locations, and while we were very much focussing the marketing to UK players, we did not know that non-UK players would not even be able to take part. I am so, so sorry to be revealing this at this late stage - we honestly did not for one minute imagine such a scenario taking place. The good news, is that bwin want to work closely with us to make The VIP Poker League a success not just in the UK, but to expand it to other countries and offer them Live Finals in their own region. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen, of course, but we will certainly do all we can to make that happen. Again, my sincere apologies but there is really nothing I can do about this. James The VIP Poker Leage" :sad

These weekly tournaments are held on the following days : Tuesday - 8pm Wednesday - 8pm Thursday - 7pm Sunday - 7pm
Tourneys in the lobby now for 1st, 2nd, 3rd June but all starting at 19.00. :( However they are set up as $500 added (not gtd).:)

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Glad you mentioned this. I registered last night for 1st one, but that's now cancelled and it seems they haven't transferred names over to the new tourney and I need to re-register. However as runadrum has now registered it won't let me in. Will have to wait til I can log in at the other house. Actually, this is going to be a nightmare remembering to register from the right place. :wall Or one of us is going to be driving round trying to pick up someone's unsecure connection.

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Over 100 registrations for the league now guys! Not quite at the 250 we needed to be for all the prizes to be 100% guaranteed, but at least most if not all of the individual tournaments should have enough to go ahead. And we will still be trying to attract more people to make sure that we have enough players to keep things going!

Re: VIP Poker League Season 3 Staffy, I would suggest contacting bwin directly with technical queries. I've not had any other reports of problems and we have had a few new registrations today. If you don't get a swift response from bwin, please let me know and I'll see if I can do anything to speed up the process. Best advice I can give is to email them immediately and let them know exactly what error messages you are receiving. James