Tennis 3-9 May

Hi guys, One pick for Munich BMW 1st round match later today: YOUZHNY TO D CHARDY @ 1.52 on pinnaclesports Chardy is struggling with his form and consistency lately. Youzhny is just too solid and has very good defensive skills. He always performed well in Munich which is a small additional plus.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Am I the only one who thinks Vesnina will beat Ivanovic. Ana is well past it tbh, on clay I'd chose Elena Vesnina anyday. I thought shed be favourite???? Or am I blind or missing something??? Vesnina to win @ $2.10

Re: Tennis 3-9 May

Sport Tennis
Event Mikhail Youznhy - Jeremy Chardy
Selection Mikhail Youznhy
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.50 (Back)
Reasoning ATP Munich - Still regarded as one of the best tennis players on the world at the moment, Mikhail Youznhy (13th, 2380 points) is up there with the favourites to win ATP Munich. He faces Jeremy Chardy (46th, 920 points) who's no walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination, 1-1 in head-2-head with Chardy winning the latest on clay. But Chardy has been in pretty poor form of late, and I'm backing Youznhy to win. I hope Mikhail Youznhy will win. Good luck!
Sport Tennis
Event Guillermo Garcia-Lopez - Xavier Malisse
Selection Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.53 (Back)
Reasoning ATP Estoril - Despite trailing 2-0 in the head-2-head, I favour Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (42, 989 points) over the aging Xavier Malisse (84th, 617 points) at Estoril. Recently, Garcia-Lopez has been competing with the best on clay, while Malisse has found himself a class below. With his current form, I think Garcia-Lopez will be successful here. I hope Guillermo Garcia-Lopez will win. Good luck!
Sport Tennis
Event Benjamin Becker - Stephane Robert
Selection Benjamin Becker
Strength 8/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.38 (Back)
Reasoning ATP Munich - Benjamin Becker (41st, 1004 points) is playing in his home country this week and with the crowd behind him, I expect him to put on one of his better performances this year. He faces Stephane Robert (65th, 727 points) who's also on poor form and his game is slightly better suited to clay than Becker's. However, with the crowd fully behind him and with the better arsenal, I'm slightly surprised that Becker's price is as big. I hope Benjamin Becker will win. Good luck!
Sport Tennis
Event Julien Benneteau - Philipp Petzschner
Selection Julien Benneteau
Strength 5/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.97 (Back)
Reasoning ATP Munich - Julien Benneteau (36th, 1094 points) holds a 2-0 head-2-head record lead over Philipp Petzschner (45th, 932 points), but because of his poor form, is an underdog going into this ATP Munich clash. Despite being in the better form and in front of his home fans, I favour Benneteau at the price, as I think he has something to offer on clay this year. I hope Julien Benneteau will win. Good luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Denis Istomin - Andreas Beck
Selection Denis Istomin
Strength 8/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.06 (Back)
Reasoning ATP Munich - Andreas Beck (83rd, 619 points) is in the worst form of his life, losing his last five matches, the majority in straight sets. He's probably a better player than Denis Istomin (81st, 620 points) but with his confidence low and his constant struggle since injury, I can't seem to back him against a solid tennis player such as Istomin, who's also pretty consistent. I hope Denis Istomin will win. Good luck!

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Sara Errani - Alexandra Dulgheru
Selection Alexandra Dulgheru
Strength 8/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 2.17 (Back)
Reasoning WTA Rome - Only a fortnight after facing each other in Barcelona, Alexandra Dulgheru (45th, 1447 points) faces Sara Errani (36th, 1560 points) in the opening round in Rome. In Barcelona, Dulghery came out on top winning in three sets, her second victory over Errani. Dulgheru reached the semi-finals in Barcelona, and is in better form of the two. The home crowd will be backing Errani, but I see Dulgheru scraping through. I hope Alexandra Dulgheru will win. Good luck!

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Always wary of the first day's play in 250s, so keeping stakes small and avoiding the temptation to go wild is a must. Two bets for me... Munich - Denis Istomin vs Andreas Beck Andreas Beck at 1.81 (Canbet) Think it's time for Beck to rediscover his winning form. The young German is still finding his feet after injury but has been pretty unlucky in the draws he got in the Masters events, facing decent clay players. He took a set off Michael Llodra in Rome last week and I take that as a sign that he's starting to find some form. He's a clay courter, with a nice lefty serve and a decent forehand. He's never met Istomin before but I see the Uzbek as a power player, a guy who spanks the ball. Big serve and big groundstrokes but can be undone, especially as clay is his weakest surface. Happy to take a chance on Beck to prevail here. He normally plays well in Germany and made R2 here last year. Bet strength: 4/10 Belgrade - Evgeny Korolev vs Michael Russell Under 22.5 games AH at 1.917 (Pinnacle) I fancy Korolev to win this considering Russell's poor run of form but the prices, even on the handicap, are pretty poor. I think the value lies with the under 22.5 game line. Korolev has lost three times to Russell, including one on clay, but his talents have waned recently. He failed to make through the qualies in Rome and Monte-Carlo. Korolev can blow hot or cold but he's got plenty of power in his groundstrokes and could be too strong for Russell here. The American has a poor clay record, while Korolev prefers this surface. Confident enough that this won't break the line. Bet strength: 4/10 Good luck :hope

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Korolev - Russell: Russell win - 5 pts - 2.37 Pinnacle H2H is 1-0 for Russell (last year on hard). Korolev lost last five matches (3 on clay Ferrer, Berrer and Sweeting). Russell laso lost last two matches on clay (Granollers, Ramos-Vinolas). Korolev will rely on his serve and Russell on his defense. Both players are out of the form, so this match can go either way. Odds on Russell 2.37 is too good to not play him. Kunitsyn - Clement: Clement win - 5 pts - 2.42 Pinnacle H2H is 3-0 for Kunitsyn (carpet, clay and grass) On clay Kunitsyn won 7-6. 5-7. 7-6. Kunitsyn this year won only three matches on clay and 6 lost. On the other side Clement won 6 and 6 lost. In last five tournaments on clay Kunitsyn lost to Reister, Luczak, Balleret, Ungur and Darcis. Clement lost to Torebko, Golubev and Kubot. Again like previous match, odds on Clement are very good. :hope:hope

Sport Tennis
Event Marcel Granollers v Oscar Hernandez
Selection Lay Oscar Hernandez (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.90 (Lay)
Reasoning Think Granollers should be pretty comfortable here. He's been playing pretty well but has had some tough draws in the past month. Hernandez on the other hand is showing some slightly improved form but still pretty poor. Granollers has a bigger game and think he's win this without problems.
Sport Tennis
Event Philipp Petzschner v Julien Benneteau
Selection Philipp Petzschner
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning Quite a market move for Petzschner this morning, and benneteau was injured last week in home. Plus Petzschner playing at home so should be motivated while Benny on a poor run is questionable. That's enough reason for me to back Petzschner at this price.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Giraldo x Cornet Double @ 1.878 (Will Hill : 7/10) Giraldo plays Darcis in Estoril...have backed him a few times this year on hard court and he's a good player. Recently he's played 2 challengers in Colombia reaching the semi-final of one(losing to Souza) and winning the other beating Lorenzi in the final. And last week he won 4 matches in Rome beating Nieminen, Lapentti, Llodra and Ferrero before losing to Tsonga.Darcis on the other hand hasn't played in over a month where he reached a challenger final on clay losing to Riba....but he's alsop had losses on clay this year to the likes of Ouahab and Kukushkin. Giraldo looks a class above right now. Cornet plays Larcher De Brito in Estoril. Cornet is typically a patchy player who can be really inconsistent during matches. But recent form on clay is decent...won 3 matches at Barcelona and reached the semi final at Fes losing to eventual winner Benesova in 3 after beating Keothavong, Parra Santonja and Martic.De Brito on the other hand has done nothing of note since last year when she made noise at the slams. She has an aggressive ground-game but struggles on serve big time.....last week she lost to Meusburger 6-3 6-0 which indicates the level she is at right now. Cornet should come through. GL!

Sport Tennis
Event Patty Schnyder v Gisela Dulko
Selection Gisela Dulko
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Dulko has lost first round the past 2 tournaments (tough draws) but surprised to see her as the outsider here. Schnyder got a couple of wins in Fes last week, but I managed to watch her a bit and she didn't seem to be playing well. She level got the level she had a few years ago and this seems like a great chance for Dulko. I really don't make Schnyder favourite for this.
Sport Tennis
Event Katarina Srebotnik v Varvara Lepchenko
Selection Katarina Srebotnik
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.88 (Back)
Reasoning Time for Srebotnik to start getting some wins. Seen her a couple of times, she doesn't seem to be playing too bad but isn't close to the level of the top girls. But, she got a couple of good wins on clay in Fed Cup a few weeks against against Morita and Date Krumm and this could be a good match for her. Lepchenko has come through qualfying but I don't really rate her and I think srebotnik can play at a higher level here.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Thought it might be worth a mention about the French Open. It's still possible that Djokovic may be ranked second going into the tournament. This throws up the possibility of Federer and Nadal being in the same half and therefore maybe worth betting on a couple of outsiders (each way of course) to get to the final? Or not really? Verdasco is at 20/1 most places.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Verdasco might be worth a shot mate depending on the draw. Only Nadal is better on clay right now IMO(and you'd give Federer the edge over Verdasco in a slam). Soderling aswell looks like he could push everyone including Nadal. Gulbis plays a similar power game and he gave Rafa a scare....Soderling has a better serve, hits flatter and is more consistent off both wings. Maybe Stosur e/w in the womens depending on the draw.

Always wary of the first day's play in 250s, so keeping stakes small and avoiding the temptation to go wild is a must. Two bets for me... Munich - Denis Istomin vs Andreas Beck Andreas Beck at 1.81 (Canbet) Think it's time for Beck to rediscover his winning form. The young German is still finding his feet after injury but has been pretty unlucky in the draws he got in the Masters events, facing decent clay players. He took a set off Michael Llodra in Rome last week and I take that as a sign that he's starting to find some form. He's a clay courter, with a nice lefty serve and a decent forehand. He's never met Istomin before but I see the Uzbek as a power player, a guy who spanks the ball. Big serve and big groundstrokes but can be undone, especially as clay is his weakest surface. Happy to take a chance on Beck to prevail here. He normally plays well in Germany and made R2 here last year. Bet strength: 4/10 Belgrade - Evgeny Korolev vs Michael Russell Under 22.5 games AH at 1.917 (Pinnacle) I fancy Korolev to win this considering Russell's poor run of form but the prices, even on the handicap, are pretty poor. I think the value lies with the under 22.5 game line. Korolev has lost three times to Russell, including one on clay, but his talents have waned recently. He failed to make through the qualies in Rome and Monte-Carlo. Korolev can blow hot or cold but he's got plenty of power in his groundstrokes and could be too strong for Russell here. The American has a poor clay record, while Korolev prefers this surface. Confident enough that this won't break the line. Bet strength: 4/10 Good luck :hope
Beck d. Istomin 2-6 7-6 6-1 - WIN Korolev d. Russell 6-1 6-0 - WIN 2/2 and a great start to the week. Fingers crossed it continues.

Korolev - Russell: Russell win - 5 pts - 2.37 Pinnacle H2H is 1-0 for Russell (last year on hard). Korolev lost last five matches (3 on clay Ferrer, Berrer and Sweeting). Russell laso lost last two matches on clay (Granollers, Ramos-Vinolas). Korolev will rely on his serve and Russell on his defense. Both players are out of the form, so this match can go either way. Odds on Russell 2.37 is too good to not play him. Kunitsyn - Clement: Clement win - 5 pts - 2.42 Pinnacle H2H is 3-0 for Kunitsyn (carpet, clay and grass) On clay Kunitsyn won 7-6. 5-7. 7-6. Kunitsyn this year won only three matches on clay and 6 lost. On the other side Clement won 6 and 6 lost. In last five tournaments on clay Kunitsyn lost to Reister, Luczak, Balleret, Ungur and Darcis. Clement lost to Torebko, Golubev and Kubot. Again like previous match, odds on Clement are very good. :hope:hope
Korolev - Russell: 6-1, 6-0 -5 pts :wall Kunitsyn - Clement: 5-7, 6-4, 4-6 +7.1 pts :rollin Today's profit +2.1 pts ;)

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Hi guys, One pick for Belgrade 1st round match later today: DI MAURO TO D M. DJOKOVIC @ 1.35 on betfair I think the odds should be around 1.2-1.25 actually as younger Djokovic has nothing to show at ATP level as he lost all of his matches on ATP level and most matches on Challengers level. Di Mauro is a solid clay courter who wins most matches against lower ranked opponents.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Five bets that catch my eye in a plethora of Tour matches to be played today... Munich - Mischa Zverev vs Kevin Anderson Mischa Zverev at 2.00 (Boylesports) Think the odds are the wrong way round on Zverev here and I'm happy to back him to win on home soil. He's not had the best of years on the main tour (W4 L9) but he's had a few struggles with injuries. As a result, his ranking has dropped. He's been playing on the European clay though, which is more than can be said of Anderson. The South African is a giant who has a big serve but to me he's a lesser version of Ivo Karlovic. He's not played at all on the red brick and his last tournament was on a hard court two weeks ago. He definitely prefers quicker conditions. It's tough to move straight from the hard surfaces to the clay and that's where I think Zverev will have the edge. He's playing in Germany and will have home backing. I feel he's got a little more craft and imagination in his game and that should be enough to see him through this one. Odds are too big in my opinion. Bet strength: 6/10 Estoril - Steve Darcis vs Santiago Giraldo Under 21 games AH at 1.971 (Pinnacle) Once again, I've been forced away from the handicap. I wanted Giraldo to be -4 maximum but he's -4.5 games and for me, there's too much of a risk attached to that. I feel Giraldo definitely has the edge here. Nice, powerful game on clay that took out Llodra and Ferrero last week on the clay. Won the clay challenger in Burcaramanga a few months ago and seems very comfortable on this surface. Darcis is a player I had high hopes for but he's lost his way since the start of 2008. He's done very little on the main tour and seems plagued by injury. He's coming back off a one-month lay-off and won't be as sharp as Giraldo. I'm expecting a big tournament from the Colombian and I reckon he can mop this one up in under 21 games at a good price. Bet strength: 5/10 Munich - Lukas Lacko vs Pere Riba Under 21.5 games AH at 1.926 (Pinnacle) My thoughts on this match are that Riba will prevail fairly comfortably here. The Spaniard has been playing on clay throughout the year and came through the qualies in pretty easy fashion. He's no world-beater but against lesser players, he has the edge over them on this surface. The handicap of -3.5 games, however, has no value in the price, so I'm happy to take the under 21.5 line. I'm confident enough Riba can do this in straight sets as Lacko hasn't played on clay at all this year and has only made the second round maximum of tournaments he's played in the last couple of months. The Slovak isn't a bad player but his game isn't suited to a clay court, and he'll struggle against someone like Riba, who knows how to play on this surface. I see plenty of value in this line and I'm happy to take it. Bet strength: 4/10 Belgrade - Olivier Rochus vs Richard Gasquet Under 19.5 games at 1.862 (Pinnacle) Gasquet absolutely hammered Rochus 6-1 6-1 when these two met on the clay in Casablanca a few weeks back. Gasquet's tennis was astonishing that day and proves that he still has bundles of ability. Against players outside the Top 50, I think he'll find them easy prey. Gasquet is ranked 86 at present but I don't see that as a true reflection of his current level of ability. Rochus is best on a hard court and will always give an opponent a chance on his poor serve. I'm pretty sure he'll remember the walloping Gasquet gave him last time they met and although I don't expect it to be 6-1 6-1 again, I can see Gasquet being able to take it something like 6-3 6-3, which would be enough. Bet strength: 3/10 Estoril - Alberto Martin vs Federico del Bonis Alberto Martin +3 games AH at 1.926 (Pinnacle) The handicap is all wrong here IMO. Del Bonis is a 19-year-old from Argentina of whom big things are expected of. He won the clay challenger in Rome a few weeks back which means his confidence will be high, but struggled in his qualifying match yesterday, scraping past Michal Przyscienzny in three. He comes up against another qualifier in veteran Martin. The Spaniard isn't on a hot run of form but he's lost to far superior players than those del Bonis has been playing. Jarkko Nieminen, Simone Bolelli and Thiemo de Bakker are all a step up in class compared to del Bonis. I can see this match being a tight one and I feel Martin will at the very least keep this match close. More than happy to back the plus line in this one. Bet strength: 3/10 Good luck :hope

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRadwanska - Vinci
SelectionRadwanska
Strength10/10
Date04/05/2010
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.51 (Back)
ReasoningI don't know why such a big odds on Radwanska.She is defending many points from last year and she is in rather good form.On the other side of the net we have Vinci who never played good at Rome and she is just a mediocre player.Radwanska should beat her.I'm going with a better player in this one.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAzarenka - Ivanovic
SelectionAzarenka
Strength10/10
Date04/05/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBwin @ 1.52 (Back)
ReasoningAzarenka had some injury problems but a week ago she played great match against Pennetta in which she was fully fit and then suddenly she losed against Lapuschenkova.Either way I believe that she will give good performance here.Ivanovic won easily against Vesnina but apart from that she is just pure crap lately.I just can't back her after one good match.Azarenka all the way in this one.Maybe after a fight but in the end Vika should prevail.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Zverev - Anderson: Anderson win - 6 pts - 2.00 Pinnacle Zverev is out of form. He lost 4 of 5 last matches on clay. Lost with Greul, Stakhovsky, Dolgopolov, Massu and won only with Guez 7-6, 6-4. Anderson won challenger on hard and tournament before he played on clay. He won with Valenti, Kuznetsov, Young and lost to Gonzales. Anderson plays most tournament on hard, but on clay he is 20-15. I think Anderson will adapt on clay very fast and wil win this match. Zeballos - Tipsarevic: Tipsarevic win - 7 pts - 1.83 Stan James Zeballos played very good on clay in Houston, but after that he lost all his three matches (Isner, Cuevas, Robredo). Tipsarevic plays at home. He played only one match on clay (in Rome) with Chardy and lost. But he is training on this courts two weeks. So I think he will win this match. :hope:hope

Re: Tennis 3-9 May sorana cirstea to beat olaru at 4-6 boylesports 1 point! maybe it's just me but this seems like a generous price! cirstea had been in woeful form well up until the end of march this season regularly being on the end of hidings from inferior players! but she has finally found some form in april and though she seems no where near back to her best i still think she has enough game to beat her romanian compatriot olaru who i feel is a little over-rated! cirstea has beaten kanepi, larcher de brito, kirilenko and paszek over the last month or so and her losses were generally against top players such as zheng(6-3,7-5), venus williams (6-3,6-4) , talented youngster halep (6-4,7-6) and a disappointing result against the in-form benesova (6-4,6-1)! but for the most part she was competitive against very good players! olaru's form for the most part this year has also been woeful and though she's shown signs of improvement beating zakapalova last week and taking a set off schnyder i still feel she is a class below cirstea! they both play similar styles of game, very aggressive hitters that go 4 their shots but i just feel that olaru is more likely to break down in long ralleys and make more unforced errors..... there'll probably be a lot by both players! and i simply think that cirstea moves better and is a better ball striker! in fairness zakapalova fell apart against her last week and patty won comfortably enough against her in the end and if you take into account her other recent efforts in april (losses to llagostera vives,hercog and dulgheru all in straights i think it's fair to say she's no world-beater) it's getting closer to french open time for cirstea and she has a lot of points to defend after her fantastic run there last year beating cornet, wozniacki and jankovic before losing to stosur in the quarters! there will also be a healthy rivalry between the two i'd say as they probably have known each other since junior days! cirstea leads the head-to head 2-1 but the only recent match they played was in marbella this time last year which cirstea won 2 and 4! comprehensive victory and although cirstea is not in the same vein of form as last year i think she's gradually getting there and i think she'll be up for it against olaru and will prove too tough!! (as long as she cuts out the unforced errors) seems to be a lot of money goin on olaru so if anyone knows any info about cirsteas health or something let me know!thanks

ATP Serbia open: 4.5.2010 Paddypower mistake: there is no match H. Zeballos - Polansky but H. Zeballos - Tipsarevic....my prediction is Tipsarevich but I can only hope that paddypower will repair mistake. I already asked for repair. I will see! match will start at 7.05 p.m.:wall:dude
Tipsarevic has pulled out injured mate.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May im looking at venus williams to win 2-0 set betting, venus looked in great form, im a fan of shahar peer but think she splayed too many games and venus will despatch her and also at sanzhez to beat wozzie 2-0 set betting, had schiavone to beat sanchez yday but sanchez looks in top shape, great serving and great overall play, her head to head against wozzie is pretty gud too. wozzie looked good too but against a very very bad player like the look of gils head to head record against giraldo, darcis did quite well against girlado before he got injured, price of2/1 is big for gil in his home country any ideas?

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Sport Tennis Event Petzschner-Koellerer Selection Koellerer (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 05/05/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 3.25 (Lay) Reasoning Petzschner played very good on clay this year,winning with players like Benneteau,Melzer or Garcia Lopez.Koellerer played relatively modest on this area,so I think he will have small chances in this match.Especially as Petzschner will play this meeting in his country.Play lay on Koellerer. Sport Tennis Event Williams-Peer Selection Peer (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 05/05/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.90 (Lay) Reasoning I know that Peer played very good so far on clay,but now she will meet on Venus Williams and I think here will lost.Williams is the better player ,being on 4th place ATP,while Peer on 21th place. Can be however a balanced match,but Williams know how to win a game with an inconvenient opponent.Play lay on Peer. Sport Tennis Event Troicki-Serra Selection Serra (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 05/05/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 2.73 (Lay) Reasoning Last games on clay Serra lost with Roger Eduard and Djokovic.He played unpersuasive .On clay area Troicki lost this year only with strong players like Tsonga or Robredo.Playing this game in his country,I think Troicki will make a good match today and will qualify in next round.Play lay on Serra. Sport Tennis Event Ventura-Dolgopolov Selection Ventura (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 05/05/2010 Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.90 (Lay) Reasoning Ventura is in very bad form,losing last 7 consecutive games on clay.The other side,Dolgopolov played relatively good last month and certainly he is the better player here.In this conditions,play lay on Ventura. Sport Tennis Event Andreev-Karlovic Selection Karlovic Strength 10/10 Date 05/05/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.41 (Back) Reasoning On clay this year Karlovic played only with Lajovic on 3rd May,score 2-0.The other side,Andreev played modest on clay so far,he winning only with Kavcic and Bolelli on this area.He lost the game with good players like Cilic ,Gasquet or Monaco.I think Karlovic will win here,I feel this result,Andreev I expect to play again unpersuasive.Play on Karlovic.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Two bets for me on the clay... Munich - Pere Riba vs Tomas Berdych Tomas Berdych -6 games AH at 1.826 (Pinnacle) Berdych is the defending champion here and looked at ease in beating Kevin Krawietz 6-1 6-1 in R1. He's shown this year just how good form he's been in by going deep in a few Masters series and although clay is not his number one surface, he still feels comfortable on it. He's simply a class above Riba, who gave Lukas Lacko far too many chances in his win in three over the Slovak. His serve was especially poor against Lacko and Berdych will punish such sloppiness if the chance arises. I can see the Czech making light work of his Spanish opponent and I'm happy to do so on the handicap. Bet strength: 5/10 Belgrade - Igor Andreev vs Ivo Karlovic Igor Andreev -2.5 games AH at 2.10 (Pinnacle) Normally I avoid Andreev like the plague, given that he can be completely erratic, but I find value in him today. He's best on a clay court and has the shots and the movement to be a success on it. He's posted a few close results against higher ranked players and I think with that form, he can take the win off Karlovic here. The big Croat struggled yesterday against an unknown Croat ranked way below him and I see Karlovic as a player in decline. He's got a big serve but it doesn't act as well on clay. He's not a great mover and I can see Andreev being able to hit through him. Karlovic has won their previous meetings but that was in 2007, and they've never met on clay. Odds are too tempting for me not to have a nibble. Bet strength: 5/10 Good luck to all :hope

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRadwanska - Safarova
SelectionSafarova (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date05/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.15 (Lay)
ReasoningSafarova had only one good tournament this year and this was few weeks ago.Radwanska on the other hand on the same high level for the whole season.On the slower surface she should have advantage over Lucie who is brainless ball basher and wins her matches when she hits everything perfectly like against Pennetta but when she in not...then it's a different story.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPetrova - Dulgheru
SelectionDulgheru (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date05/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.40 (Lay)
ReasoningGreat odds here for Petrova imo.She is solid this year and for sure much better player than Dulgheru.She is also serving realy well here at Rome.Dulgheru maybe wins her matches but that is against poorer opponents.even against out of form and crappy Safina she had to play 3 sets.Petrova in this one imo.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventDementieva - Ivanovic
SelectionIvanovic (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date05/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.82 (Lay)
ReasoningDementieva leads h2h 5:0 against Ana and she should make it 6:0 easy.Ana won against Azarenka only because this stupid belarusian gave her this match away.She is still without a form and she has problems with serving.Making tons of stupid errors.Elena is consistent enough to take care of her.

Re: Tennis 3-9 May Querrey - Korolev: Querrey win - 7 pts - 1.74 Pinnacle H2H is 2-0 for Korolev (both on hard). Querrey lost in Rome to Benneteau in first round (6-7. 6-3. 6-7). In Houston hi won with Odesnik, Massu, Kavcic and lost to Chela. Korolev lost last three matches on clay with Sweeting, Berrer and Ferrer. He won with Russell here in Belgrade. Both player has strong serve and maybe it will be tight match, but i see Querrey as winner here.

Five bets that catch my eye in a plethora of Tour matches to be played today... Munich - Mischa Zverev vs Kevin Anderson Mischa Zverev at 2.00 (Boylesports) Think the odds are the wrong way round on Zverev here and I'm happy to back him to win on home soil. He's not had the best of years on the main tour (W4 L9) but he's had a few struggles with injuries. As a result, his ranking has dropped. He's been playing on the European clay though, which is more than can be said of Anderson. The South African is a giant who has a big serve but to me he's a lesser version of Ivo Karlovic. He's not played at all on the red brick and his last tournament was on a hard court two weeks ago. He definitely prefers quicker conditions. It's tough to move straight from the hard surfaces to the clay and that's where I think Zverev will have the edge. He's playing in Germany and will have home backing. I feel he's got a little more craft and imagination in his game and that should be enough to see him through this one. Odds are too big in my opinion. Bet strength: 6/10 Estoril - Steve Darcis vs Santiago Giraldo Under 21 games AH at 1.971 (Pinnacle) Once again, I've been forced away from the handicap. I wanted Giraldo to be -4 maximum but he's -4.5 games and for me, there's too much of a risk attached to that. I feel Giraldo definitely has the edge here. Nice, powerful game on clay that took out Llodra and Ferrero last week on the clay. Won the clay challenger in Burcaramanga a few months ago and seems very comfortable on this surface. Darcis is a player I had high hopes for but he's lost his way since the start of 2008. He's done very little on the main tour and seems plagued by injury. He's coming back off a one-month lay-off and won't be as sharp as Giraldo. I'm expecting a big tournament from the Colombian and I reckon he can mop this one up in under 21 games at a good price. Bet strength: 5/10 Munich - Lukas Lacko vs Pere Riba Under 21.5 games AH at 1.926 (Pinnacle) My thoughts on this match are that Riba will prevail fairly comfortably here. The Spaniard has been playing on clay throughout the year and came through the qualies in pretty easy fashion. He's no world-beater but against lesser players, he has the edge over them on this surface. The handicap of -3.5 games, however, has no value in the price, so I'm happy to take the under 21.5 line. I'm confident enough Riba can do this in straight sets as Lacko hasn't played on clay at all this year and has only made the second round maximum of tournaments he's played in the last couple of months. The Slovak isn't a bad player but his game isn't suited to a clay court, and he'll struggle against someone like Riba, who knows how to play on this surface. I see plenty of value in this line and I'm happy to take it. Bet strength: 4/10 Belgrade - Olivier Rochus vs Richard Gasquet Under 19.5 games at 1.862 (Pinnacle) Gasquet absolutely hammered Rochus 6-1 6-1 when these two met on the clay in Casablanca a few weeks back. Gasquet's tennis was astonishing that day and proves that he still has bundles of ability. Against players outside the Top 50, I think he'll find them easy prey. Gasquet is ranked 86 at present but I don't see that as a true reflection of his current level of ability. Rochus is best on a hard court and will always give an opponent a chance on his poor serve. I'm pretty sure he'll remember the walloping Gasquet gave him last time they met and although I don't expect it to be 6-1 6-1 again, I can see Gasquet being able to take it something like 6-3 6-3, which would be enough. Bet strength: 3/10 Estoril - Alberto Martin vs Federico del Bonis Alberto Martin +3 games AH at 1.926 (Pinnacle) The handicap is all wrong here IMO. Del Bonis is a 19-year-old from Argentina of whom big things are expected of. He won the clay challenger in Rome a few weeks back which means his confidence will be high, but struggled in his qualifying match yesterday, scraping past Michal Przyscienzny in three. He comes up against another qualifier in veteran Martin. The Spaniard isn't on a hot run of form but he's lost to far superior players than those del Bonis has been playing. Jarkko Nieminen, Simone Bolelli and Thiemo de Bakker are all a step up in class compared to del Bonis. I can see this match being a tight one and I feel Martin will at the very least keep this match close. More than happy to back the plus line in this one. Bet strength: 3/10 Good luck :hope
Anderson d. Zverev 6-5 ret. - PUSH Giraldo d. Darcis 6-4 ret. - PUSH Riba d. Lacko 5-7 6-1 6-2 - LOSS Gasquet d. Rochus 6-0 6-1 - WIN Martin d. Del Bonis 7-6 6-1 - WIN Couple of retirements on the big bets make them void, although a small profit was made overall.

Zverev - Anderson: Anderson win - 6 pts - 2.00 Pinnacle Zverev is out of form. He lost 4 of 5 last matches on clay. Lost with Greul, Stakhovsky, Dolgopolov, Massu and won only with Guez 7-6, 6-4. Anderson won challenger on hard and tournament before he played on clay. He won with Valenti, Kuznetsov, Young and lost to Gonzales. Anderson plays most tournament on hard, but on clay he is 20-15. I think Anderson will adapt on clay very fast and wil win this match. Zeballos - Tipsarevic: Tipsarevic win - 7 pts - 1.83 Stan James Zeballos played very good on clay in Houston, but after that he lost all his three matches (Isner, Cuevas, Robredo). Tipsarevic plays at home. He played only one match on clay (in Rome) with Chardy and lost. But he is training on this courts two weeks. So I think he will win this match. :hope:hope
VOID VOID :rollin

If only they'd played one set in the Anderson match and then Zverev had retired. That way' date=' Pinny would've paid out.[/quote'] I needed 7-6 or 7-5. :sad not 6-5 :( But still better then lost :D

Two bets for me on the clay... Munich - Pere Riba vs Tomas Berdych Tomas Berdych -6 games AH at 1.826 (Pinnacle) Berdych is the defending champion here and looked at ease in beating Kevin Krawietz 6-1 6-1 in R1. He's shown this year just how good form he's been in by going deep in a few Masters series and although clay is not his number one surface, he still feels comfortable on it. He's simply a class above Riba, who gave Lukas Lacko far too many chances in his win in three over the Slovak. His serve was especially poor against Lacko and Berdych will punish such sloppiness if the chance arises. I can see the Czech making light work of his Spanish opponent and I'm happy to do so on the handicap. Bet strength: 5/10 Belgrade - Igor Andreev vs Ivo Karlovic Igor Andreev -2.5 games AH at 2.10 (Pinnacle) Normally I avoid Andreev like the plague, given that he can be completely erratic, but I find value in him today. He's best on a clay court and has the shots and the movement to be a success on it. He's posted a few close results against higher ranked players and I think with that form, he can take the win off Karlovic here. The big Croat struggled yesterday against an unknown Croat ranked way below him and I see Karlovic as a player in decline. He's got a big serve but it doesn't act as well on clay. He's not a great mover and I can see Andreev being able to hit through him. Karlovic has won their previous meetings but that was in 2007, and they've never met on clay. Odds are too tempting for me not to have a nibble. Bet strength: 5/10 Good luck to all :hope
Berdych d. Riba 7-5 6-1 - WIN Andreev d. Karlovic 6-4 7-5 - WIN 2/2 and a big profit today, although Berdych looked ropey before he hit the gas in the second set. Well done to mniXo on his Querrey pick, that was a trappy match so good call on the winner.