Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League

Rebel

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League

You can just label your consecutive bets so i can track them' date=' take todays bets 22 to 43, i have no idea which bet is what number[/quote'] I understand what your saying here NP, But when you place your multiple it is only classed as 1 accy, So surely it would not count as 3 seperate bets. Otherwise you would say my lay 0-0 @1.30, would be more than 10 consecutive bets, as I done 3-4 or 5 teams at a time, so mine would read 34 winning selections. Not my decision, see what the Mods say.

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League I just had another look NP, if you do an accumlator lay it can only be counted as 1 bet, if you are doing separate bets you are ok. Could you clarify which you are doing and maybe show a screen shot to clear things up in your thread.

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League but you see that doesnt make sense if you lay the 0-0 and it ends 0-0 you lose - but you only have the one result that makes you lose if i lay 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 then thats 3 chances to lose, thats 3 separate bets as the risk is 3fold when compared to the one 0-0 lay the fact remains, even though it is a multiple it only takes one scoreline out of all the ones i pick to bring the whole thing down my belief is an accumulator should clearly not be one bet say for example i pick 8 games and lay the 0-0 - what difference does it make if i select them one at a time or if i stick them in an acca theres absolutely no difference whatsoever await the mods response - but i believe my reasoning makes sense

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League as an example, yesterday i laid watford to win 2-0 and 3-1 at millwall and at stages of the game i was losing my entire acca on the basis of the one result the fact that they are done in an acca rather than one bet at a time should have no bearing on the matter gents - the aim is to see who can have the most winning bets in a row and each result i lay is a bet that could potentially end the hunt

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League ok gents, i am now quoting from the rules in the first post: This League will only keep track of the number of successful consective bets achieved; it does not keep track of stake, amount bank, yield, odds, market etc. that rule is clear in my eyes - the only variable being watched is number of bets as one result brings down the entire acca each result must count as an individual bet if people would rather i did not participate thats fair enough - but to say i cannot participate because i am in breach of the rules would be wrong imo

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League thats fair enough but my belief is the judges decision need only come into it where you cannot make a decision based on the rules the rule clearly states it is only tallying number of bets what is the difference between a guy who lays 10 3-3s in one day one by one and the guy who sticks them into an acca first thing in the morning - absolutely nothing if either man accrues a 3-3 he loses, irrelevant of whether his bets were one bye one or in an acca i cannot see where the problem lies - i genuinely cannot

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League Ruling This is taken from Paddy Power http://www.paddypower.com/bet/help?page=%2Fal%2F12%2F2%2Farticle.aspx%3Faid%3D1347%26tab%3Dbrowse%26bt%3D4%26r%3D0.9481073

2. Double: A Double is one bet on two selections in different events. Both selections must be successful to have a return

• Fourfold Accumulator: A fourfold accumulator is one bet on four selections in different events. All four selections must be successful to have a return.

• Fivefold Accumulator: A fivefold accumulator is one bet on five selections. All five selections must be successful to have a return

12. Sixfold Accumulator: A sixfold accumulator is one bet on six selections. All six selections must be successful to have a return.

Eightfold Accumulator: An eightfold accumulator is one bet on eight selections. All eight selections must be successful to have a return.

Based on the above, from here on, an accumulator is classed as 1 bet with multiple selections.

ok gents, i am now quoting from the rules in the first post: This League will only keep track of the number of successful consecutive bets achieved; it does not keep track of stake, amount bank, yield, odds, market etc. that rule is clear in my eyes - the only variable being watched is number of bets as one result brings down the entire acca each result must count as an individual bet if people would rather i did not participate thats fair enough - but to say i cannot participate because i am in breach of the rules would be wrong imo
Consecutive Bets,
1. following chronological sequence
2. following one another without interruption; successive: six consecutive numbers, such as 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
But as I understand a bet, I can have 10 teams in 1 bet, If any one loses I lose my bet. The same 10 teams in 10 separate bets, now all these are at evens,if anyone got to 8 from a £10 stake, would they seriously stake £2560 on the next result and lose all, I would of stopped at 5 or 6, unless they are really wealthy. Don't think anyone has asked you not to take part, I also never read any of the rules to be honest.
IMO it is rebels decision. Its his thread and he started the league.
Totally agree with that Staffy
thats fair enough but my belief is the judges decision need only come into it where you cannot make a decision based on the rules the rule clearly states it is only tallying number of bets what is the difference between a guy who lays 10 3-3s in one day one by one and the guy who sticks them into an acca first thing in the morning - absolutely nothing if either man accrues a 3-3 he loses, irrelevant of whether his bets were one bye one or in an acca i cannot see where the problem lies - i genuinely cannot
I understand exactly what you are saying NP, I am sorry I questioned the way you asked for your selection to be processed, what you are asking make sense. It's just that when we have done this before it was always counted as 1 bet. As in the wording from the dictionary But leave it to rebel to decide as Staffy said. I think we have a different understanding on what constitutes a bet, I would still like you to carry on with your threads You give support to everyone, and you also accept support from others nicely. I hate opening up a silly can of worms, for just the sake of it. It was just my view, if your way is accepted, then great, I am going after that record myself then :lol

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League I can see newestpunters point, to a degree, but I'm siding with rebels decision. As seperate bets they would be fine and has been mentioned there has been a precedent set previously whereby accas have been counted as one. Bear in mind that I've also been questioned on the fact that I'll have more than one bet on a game in progress although they have been singular bets.

Re: Glory Hunters Consecutive Bets League leverkusen drew 0-0 so my hunt is over anyway, but i would suggest the rules are amended to clear it but a bookmakers idea of an acca imo is not what we were going on - but i will bow to rebels decision being as its his idea like i said, there are times when i have to work all day so i would throw all my selections for the day into an acca - now they could be at the same time or they could be one after the other, but the fact remains if one bet goes down it all goes as for the definition of consecutive, the dictionary also throws up this one: characterized by logical sequence the logical sequence being, if one bet goes down the acca and therefore the hunt is gone say for example i start a new hunt - i could still do them as an acca but simply post them one by one in my hunt and no one would know any different right? thats my take anyway, but i am out

all i want to know is, can someone just tell me why my analogy on the 10 3-3 lays is wrong man a posts them one by one - they are counted as one by one man b posts them in an acca - they count as one bet wheres the difference?
As I understand a bet, I can have 10 teams in 1 bet, If any one loses I lose my bet. The same 10 teams in 10 separate bets, now all these are at evens,if anyone got to 8 from a £10 stake, would they seriously stake £2560 on the next result and lose all, I would of stopped at 5 or 6
That is the difference, you can go for gold on a 10fold accumulator for a stake of £10, if one let you down, most of use would say unlucky. So me and you are in a betting shop, you stake £10 on a 10 horse acca. I decide to follow you, but I do singles, we get to 9 races and I have £5120 to stake on your next selection, It loses, you have loss £10, I have just lost over £5K That's the difference, people will say you were unlucky, I think they would call me something else