** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

The 2nd competition of the English domestic season begins on Sunday and it's the one day competition. It's a bit of a remake of the Pro40 from last year but played in the C&G/Friends Provident format from last year. All 18 first class counties are joined by Holland, Scotland and a Unicorns side which is made up of players who no longer have county contracts or youngsters who didn't quite make the grade. The 21 sides are split into 3 groups of 7 which came out of the hat as follows: Group A Somerset Sussex Lancashire Surrey Glamorgan Worcestershire Unicorns Note: Glamorgan begin the group on -1pt. Group B Essex Middlesex Yorkshire Derbyshire Gloucestershire Northants Netherlands Group C Hampshire Durham Kent Nottinghamshire Warwickshire Leicestershire Scotland Teams pick up 2pts for a win, 1pt for a tie/no result and nothing for losing. The winner from each group goes into the semi final along with the best placed runner up. As the name suggests the matches are 40 overs per side. 16 of those overs are powerplay overs which run like the 50 over international matches. There's a mandatory 8 over powerplay at the start of the innings then the bowling side get a 4 over powerplay as do the batting side as in one day internationals.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 That's the format out of the way, lets get some bets going. 4 outrights for me in total. 2 for the tournament and 2 group ones. 1pt ew Essex to win Clydesbank Bank 40 12/1 Blue Square (1/2 1,2) Essex are a very well oiled one day outfit and they haven't done too bad out of England call up's when you consider that Bopara, Foster and Napier were called up to England's twenty20 squad last year and this time round it's just Bopara. Even while Bopara's missing, Alastair Cook will be at Chelmsford and he showed on a couple of occasions last year and over the winter, how he's improving in one day cricket. Essex have started the season well and in ten Doeschate, Napier and Foster they have 3 explosive cricketers. Grant Flower will marshall the sides batting. The bowling is of slight concern later in the summer when Kaneria is likely to leave but Tim Phillips and Grant Flower can bowl spin. Masters and Napier are a decent new ball pairing and Wright isn't a bad back up. Pettini is a solid if unspectacular captain. Essex have begun their 4 day season well and they are usually a much better 1 day team. They've got the easiest looking of the 3 groups and at 12/1 I'll take the 2005 and 2006 Pro40 winners to win the 1st Clydesdale Bank 40. 1pt ew Nottinghamshire to win Clydesdale Bank 40 20/1 Bet365 (1/2 1,2) Nottinghamshire are a side I like the look of this season. I think Mick Newell has improved his squad and I expect a tilt at most things this season for the Trent Bridge outfit. They have their contingent of England players away for most of the summer but they have plenty of sufficient back up. Ali Brown could move up to open the batting which would be consolidated by the excellent Mark Wagh and Samit Patel. Later in the summer David Hussey will provide a big presence in the batting line up. Down the order there's a few hitters in Read, Franks and Adams, the latter two will be bey key to the bowling as well. Luke Fletcher, Charlie Shreck, Carter and even Pattinson give the Notts side plenty of options and there may even be times when Ryan Sidebottom is left out for England and he gets in. I think Notts have all bases in their side covered but they do have a tricky group. Easily the hardest of the 3 but if they start well while the others have personnel on England duty half the battle could be won. Even with a tough group I still think Notts are good enough to be highly competitive and this 20/1 is just a fraction on the large side so I'll have a punt on them as a 2nd outright. 3pts Sussex to win Group A 10/3 William Hill Sussex have won the Pro40 for the last two seasons so it's strange that they are not favourites to win this group. Even more so when you consider Somerset are weaker this season without Justin Langer and will be missing key batsman and keeper Craig Kieswetter for a lot of the summer. Sussex will be without Michael Yardy and Luke Wright while the world twenty20 is on but both will return while England are on test duty. They could even have Matthew Prior for the whole summer if Kieswetter gets the gloves off him permanently. Sussex have flown out of the traps in 4 day cricket this season and have the perfect recipe for one day success. Ed Joyce and Murray Goodwin almost guarantee runs while the likes of Rana and Arafat, Kirtley and Wright when he's there and Martin-Jenkins when he isn't, are all capable wicket takers. Monty's a given to go well at Hove so I like Sussex's makeup. Of the rest in this group, Lancashire look a player or two light now that Flintoff isn't playing much this season. Surrey are in transition and have no real bowling strength in one day cricket. Glamorgan start a point behind everybody and could beat a few but may lack the consistency of a Sussex and Worcester were decimated personnel wise in the summer. I think Sussex are a great price here. They wouldn't have been much bigger to win Pro40 had that competition carried on so I have to take the 10/3. 1pt Leicestershire to win Group C 11/1 Blue Square Group C is without a doubt the group of death but Leicestershire could just be a smidgeon underrated here. I suspect this group will have an element of "everyone beats everyone" about it so if Leicestershire can make sure they don't slip up against Scotland or Warwickshire then they may well be in the mix when this group is played out. The main 4 sides have players away for much of the summer at different times but that's not a problem for the Foxes. They've started the season well and I don't think they are too far away from being a very capable one day side either. With a bit of luck here and there and a good result here and there this 11/1 shot should give us a good run for our money. Either way I'd have this more a 6/1 or 7/1 shot than 11/1 so with the value in mind I'll take Hoggard's men to surprise a few in this tricky looking group.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 I fancy Lancs and Notts double tomorrow lancs have an excellent bowling attack and with Surrey not in great form I can see Lancs winning this quite comfortable Notts should have enough quality allround to beat Leicestershire With players like Patel and Read that's a strong middle order and a very strong bowling attack as well I'm not sure if the English lads are available but if they are then Jimmy and Broad will be a big bonus

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 4 from me today. 3 match bets and a win top bat in the TV game. 3pts Durham to beat Hampshire 5/6 Stan James This should be a good game to watch and it's not very often I take on the side I support but Hampshire are missing 2 big cogs in their unit in Michael Lumb and Dimi Mascarenhas, the former away with England and the latter injured. Durham only have Paul Collingwood in that England squad and they don't see much of him anyway. In Ian Blackwell and Phil Mustard they have a deadly opening combination and with the likes of Benkenstein and di Venuto if he gets a gig, they have solid back up. One thing you can swear by is Durham have a decent bowling attack. Hampshire's main man may well be Jimmy Adams in Lumb's absence. Sean Ervine will have a big role to play in Mascarenhas' absence. James Vince is an England player in the making and Michael Carberry tasted England honours over the winter. Chris Benham is another solid one day batsman. It's the bowling which could go round the park. Kabir Ali is solid enough but the rest are young and if Blackwell and Mustard do tee off they could be overawed quickly. I think Durham have a good enough squad to take advantage of Hampshire's absentees. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Gloucestershire Evs Blue Square Gloucestershire have made a horrendous start to the season, barely being able to buy a run on these dodgy Bristol wickets and the last thing they need in improving Derbyshire to come to town. This will be a low scoring affair. Not just because of the wickets but also because of the lack of quality batsmen in this Gloucestershire side. They have a pace trio as good as most in Kirby, Lewis and Franklin but Derbyshire have a bit of quality in their batting. Chris Rogers is easily the standout performer in the side but Redfern, Madsen and Smith are all capable batsmen. Robin Peterson is a good one day cricketer and is Groenewald. Footitt and Jones are good bowlers too so I think the Falcons go west with the better side and at Even money they are my call in this one. 3pts Warwickshire to beat Kent 13/10 Bet365 I think this is a pick em match but with Ian Bell and Jon Trott in their ranks, not to mention the returning Darren Maddy, I think Warwickshire are a nice price here. Kent are an excellent side and a very good one day side and they'll be boosted by Joe Denly's England omission but James Tredwell is a key man in their side and he's left for the Caribbean now. It's Kent's bowling attack which worries me. I don't think Mayhaya Ntini has arrived yet as he's in Chennai's IPL squad so Azhar Mahmood looks like leading the attack which will almost certainly need 8 overs out of Darren Stevens. Warwickshire have the likes of Carter and Woakes to bowl for them, and bat, and there's Imran Tahir too. The Bears won the 2nd division of Pro40 last season so they are comfortable with the format and at 13/10 I'll take Ashley Giles' men to win this one. And now a top bat. 1pt M.Prior Top Sussex Batsman vs Worcestershire 6/1 Blue Square Matt Prior is a huge price here. I'm pretty certain he'll bat in the top 3 for the Sharks this afternoon with Luke Wright with England and Dwayne Smith only here for the twenty20. Ed Joyce and Murray Goodwin are huge runners in this field but Matt Prior is an England international who has played numerous ODI's for England both as an opener and a finisher. I don't think there's much to worry about from Worcester's bowling attack and if Prior does bat in the top 3 he'll be one of the quickest scorers of the top 3 so whatever target he's set it will be achievable. I'm not Prior's greatest fan on the international scene but he's a very good batsman at this level and 6/1 is plainly too big even without any ew terms and it's well worth a small bet.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40

And another:nana 9.4pt profit and 75% strike rate, a great day:clap
Top work Kev... was always going to happen.... I missed them all!! Was out till 230pm :eyes
Cheers guys. Was a much needed decent day for me. Plenty more opportunities to nail some winners in this tournament Perry ;).

Sunday 2 May 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Yorkshire v Northamptonshire (13:45 BST) 1.56 2.62 102.20 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Unicorns (13:45 BST) 1.14 6.5 102.88 %
maximize.gif Lancashire v Glamorgan (13:45 BST) 1.5 2.75 103.03 %
maximize.gif Hampshire v Nottinghamshire (13:45 BST) 1.86 2.1 101.38 %
maximize.gif Kent v Durham (13:45 BST) 2.1 1.9 100.00 %
maximize.gif Middlesex v Essex (13:45 BST) 2 1.91 102.36 %
maximize.gif Warwickshire v Leicestershire (13:45 BST) 1.63 2.37 103.45 %

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 2 for me tomorrow. Might have to dodge a bit of weather but I'm good to go. 3pts Nottinghamshire to beat Hampshire 11/10 Skybet Both these sides suffered heavy defeats last week. Hampshire's by Durham while Leicestershire were Nottinghamshire's fall guys. Both will be looking for their 1st one day wins of the season when they clash at the Rose Bowl. Hampshire are yet to win a game this season, losing all 4 matches they've played while Notts have at least begun their 4 day cricket well. As I've said all season so far, Hampshire have badly missed their two star performers, particularly in one day cricket this season. Michael Lumb and Dimitri Mascarenhas are easily Hampshire's biggest influences in one day cricket and they've not been replaced. Hampshire will be boosted by overseas player Rangana Herath finally sorting out his visa problems and he'll be debuting here. There's still a youthful element to the bowling and a weak look to the batting. Nottinghamshire's defeat last week was a bit of a surprise given the one day personnel they have at their disposal. Alex Hales looks a fine young talent and Hashim Amla's one day cricket gets better by the game. Samit Patel is a quality one day performer at this level while Chris Read and Ali Brown can score quickly when the need arises. Notts have a young element to their bowling attack now that Mark Ealham has retired but their seam attack does look good as their 4 day results show us. Normally there wouldn't be a huge amount between these two sides and Hampshire would have the slight edge but the absence of Lumb and Mascarenhas tilts the balance in Notts' favour. Notts have a solid side and I think they can pick up their 1st win in this group here. 3pts Kent to beat Durham 11/10 Stan James These sides had differing results last weekend. Durham slaughtered Hampshire while Kent were beaten pretty convincingly by Warwickshire on their own patch. Durham will be looking for top spot with a win here while Kent know they can't really afford to lose 2 on the trot with only the winner automatically qualifying from the group. Kent will have England duo Robert Key and Joe Denly opening up for them. Jones and van Jaarsveld can both bat solidly and Darren Stevens and Azhar Mahmood provide the fireworks at the end. Mahmood keeps things tight with the ball and he'll have decent support from Makhaya Ntini who makes his one day debut for the Spitfires. Durham will be without Paul Collingwood and Michael di Venuto. They have an explosive opening pairing in Blackwell and Mustard. Benkenstein and Stokes can also score quickly. It's Durham's bowling attack where the problems lie at the minute. Steve Harmison, Onions, Claydon and maybe even Thorp are all out and they'd all be 1st choice. Will Gidman and Chris Rushworth may well lead the attack which isn't ideal. That Durham attack beat Hampshire last week but this will be a different proposition. Kent are a strong one day outfit as we've seen over the last couple of seasons. Last week they looked like they were missing Ryan McLaren's bowling but Ntini sorts that out and I think Rob Key's men will open their account here.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 I've followed kev for about 7 months.... and I haven't seen a 10pt bet. I think the strongest i've seen is a 7pt. I think I asked a similar question last year... he had a 10pt bet on Taylor to beat W.Jones 3-0 in the darts I think he said..... I would be equally as interested to know though... I should think he could count them on his hands though and probably tell you what they were from memory?

Kev Can I ask you how often you have bets rated 10/10 a year and what your record is. Am not having a go its a genuine question dude
Since the start of last year when I moved to this staking plan, I've staked 3 10pt bets. All 3 won :ok.

I've followed kev for about 7 months.... and I haven't seen a 10pt bet. I think the strongest i've seen is a 7pt. I think I asked a similar question last year... he had a 10pt bet on Taylor to beat W.Jones 3-0 in the darts I think he said..... I would be equally as interested to know though... I should think he could count them on his hands though and probably tell you what they were from memory?
I think you was around for one mate. I had a 10pt bet on a 6's over when India played Australia in that 1 day series where I went 6/6 on 6's bets in the series. Will did the thread out once I stop watching sport today :ok. As for my bets today, both matches delayed by rain :sad.

I think you was around for one mate. I had a 10pt bet on a 6's over when India played Australia in that 1 day series where I went 6/6 on 6's bets in the series. Will did the thread out once I stop watching sport today :ok. As for my bets today, both matches delayed by rain :sad.
I remember that, so I must've been!

Excellent stuff kev :clap
Ta mate :ok. 3 for me today. 2 match bets and a TV bet too. TV game 1st. I'm not around this afternoon as I'm off to the football so if anyone watches the TV game could they post up the 15 over scores as it's hard to get hold of them on t'interweb. :ok 4pts Durham Highest 1st 15 overs vs Leicestershire 8/11 Blue Square Durham have the most explosive opening partnership in domestic one day cricket in Ian Blackwell and Phil Mustard and if these two bat even 10 of the 1st 15 overs then the 15 over match will quickly become a no contest. Matthew Hoggard opened the bowling for Leicestershire yesterday and he's generally fairly expensive in one day cricket. Nathan Buck alongside him is a young kid so this Leicester attack is set up to go early doors. Should Durham lose a wicket, Ben Harmison and Kyle Coetzer both like to attack. To be fair to Leicester, Jefferson and du Toit like to get on with it but not to the fercious scale Mustard and Blackwell do. Even though this isn't Durham's 1st choice bowling attack, you don't get a bad Durham bowler these days so although they might go for a few they'll stem the run rate by taking wickets. I'm happy Durham have the right opening combinations to bring this one in. 5pts Surrey to beat Worcestershire 5/6 Sportingbet I'm all over Surrey today who come in here off the back of a very good win over Lancashire. We saw on TV last weekend that this Worcestershire side is going to have a long season. Surrey will be without Andre Nel for this match as he's picked up a suspension for gobbing off to the umpires but Iftikar Rao, Chris Tremlett and Jade Dernbach are a good enough seam attack. Schofield and Batty on his return to New Rd are good spinners. With the bat, Davies has already put his old team mates to the sword this season in the Championship and captain Hamilton-Brown who'll open with him is big hitting too. Then there's run machines in Ramprakash and Afzaal so this Surrey side look fairly strong in one day cricket. Worcestershire have problems and they are all big. Phil Jaques hasn't hit form yet and that means the batting is having to be carried by Vikram Solanki and Moeen Ali. They can't churn runs out forever. They also have a very young bowling attack too who could well go round the park if Davies and Hamilton-Brown's swishing puts them off their stride. I'm not normally a Surrey backer but they should be much clearer favourites against a poor Worcestershire side for me here. 3pts Lancashire to beat Somerset 5/6 Stan James Lancashire lost to Surrey in their opening match of the competition but battled back nicely to chase down a tricky looking score here against Glamorgan yesterday. Somerset beat Glamorgan in their only game so far and will be looking to top the group with victory today. Lancashire are batting nicely at the minute having set Surrey 290 in their opening game and then chased down 270 with ease yesterday. Ashwell Prince is a quality performer at this level and Stephen Moore and Steven Croft are having good seasons too. Their bowling let them down against Surrey but that can happen. They are much better at Old Trafford. Glen Chapple and Sajid Mahmood are both good bowlers at this level. Somerset have a very strong batting lineup. Marcus Trescothick leads the way with Suppiah and Compton next in. Zander de Bruyn has scored runs consistently for a while and James Hildreth is considered one of the best talents in the country. However the Sabres bowling attack isn't good at all and Murali Kartik isn't there yet to help it. Willoughby can be tight but the rest go round the park. Lancashire are a decent side on their own patch and I think they can get stuck into this Somerset attack today. Lancashire's bowlers are strong enough to restrict Somerset to a total and I'll take the Red Rose to win this game.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 71/1 for Durham in their 1st 15 overs while losing Mustard in the 1st over Edit: Sorry kevshat, think your bet is lost. Leics are 78/2 at the 13.3 over now :( But there's the update for ya :ok

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 +9.85 going into a TV match in this event tomorrow after a small loss on Monday. 3 for me tomorrow. It's a 3.40 start and is on Sky. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Northants Evs Blue Square Both these sides are looking for their 1st win in this competition this season after both suffered differing losses at the weekend. Northants lost a rain affected encounter at Yorkshire in a run chase they were never really in while Derbyshire failed to defend 300 even via the D/L scenario. Whoever loses this match will be as good as out even at this early stage. Northants look likely to have Niall O'Brien back which will be a big boost to their batting but it's their bowling which has problems. Luke Evans was signed on loan from Durham but he's since been recalled by the Dynamos so Northants are down to a young, bare bones bowling attack. Even the batting isn't the strongest but it's better than the bowling. Derbyshire have a better balanced side. Their bowling attack is good albeit they let ten Doeschate get away from them against Essex. The batting is also pretty good, led by the excellent Chris Rogers. Wayne Madsen is a talent while Greg Smith continues to improve. This should be a good game. There isn't a great deal between these sides but Derbyshire had a bit of a public rocket shoved up their arse by their coach after their defeat to Essex and I think they'll come out fighting. I'll go for the Falcons to edge this one. 3pts A.Hall's Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Andrew Hall is a quality one day performer for the Steelbacks and this line looks pretty low for someone who will probably open the bowling and certainly bowl at the death as well as batting at 3. He hasn't had a great season with the bat but he did put in two solid knocks against Derbyshire in the Championship match earlier in the season so he does have history against the attack. He's also a decent enough fielder round the bat but I fully expect this target to be covered by bat and ball so it's the overs for me here. 1pt ew R.White Top Northamptonshire Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Rob White's a hard hitting batsman who has top scored for Northants in two Championship innings already this season as well as against Yorkshire in this competition at the weekend. He'll bat at 5 but I'd say he's probably the quickest scoring player in this Steelbacks side so that doesn't bother me. Rob White is in decent nick and this Northants batting lineup doesn't have a real out and out class performer unless David Sales steps up to the plate so at 11/2 I'll take the ever improving White to top score here.

+9.85 going into a TV match in this event tomorrow after a small loss on Monday. 3 for me tomorrow. It's a 3.40 start and is on Sky. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Northants Evs Blue Square Both these sides are looking for their 1st win in this competition this season after both suffered differing losses at the weekend. Northants lost a rain affected encounter at Yorkshire in a run chase they were never really in while Derbyshire failed to defend 300 even via the D/L scenario. Whoever loses this match will be as good as out even at this early stage. Northants look likely to have Niall O'Brien back which will be a big boost to their batting but it's their bowling which has problems. Luke Evans was signed on loan from Durham but he's since been recalled by the Dynamos so Northants are down to a young, bare bones bowling attack. Even the batting isn't the strongest but it's better than the bowling. Derbyshire have a better balanced side. Their bowling attack is good albeit they let ten Doeschate get away from them against Essex. The batting is also pretty good, led by the excellent Chris Rogers. Wayne Madsen is a talent while Greg Smith continues to improve. This should be a good game. There isn't a great deal between these sides but Derbyshire had a bit of a public rocket shoved up their arse by their coach after their defeat to Essex and I think they'll come out fighting. I'll go for the Falcons to edge this one. 3pts A.Hall's Performance Pts - 32&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Andrew Hall is a quality one day performer for the Steelbacks and this line looks pretty low for someone who will probably open the bowling and certainly bowl at the death as well as batting at 3. He hasn't had a great season with the bat but he did put in two solid knocks against Derbyshire in the Championship match earlier in the season so he does have history against the attack. He's also a decent enough fielder round the bat but I fully expect this target to be covered by bat and ball so it's the overs for me here. 1pt ew R.White Top Northamptonshire Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Rob White's a hard hitting batsman who has top scored for Northants in two Championship innings already this season as well as against Yorkshire in this competition at the weekend. He'll bat at 5 but I'd say he's probably the quickest scoring player in this Steelbacks side so that doesn't bother me. Rob White is in decent nick and this Northants batting lineup doesn't have a real out and out class performer unless David Sales steps up to the plate so at 11/2 I'll take the ever improving White to top score here.
Great calls again kev.;) Let's hope derbyshire can finish it off :hope

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Ta mate. Derbyshire made hard work of winning that but they won it in the end to bring both main bets in. Top bat was just edged out of a place but was still a 3.5pt profit on the night which will do me and puts me back up to +13.35 for this competition ahead of another TV match tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 First involvement in this competition for me, like the look of this one for the Nottinghamshire vs Kent match tomorrow...... 1.5pts e/w Darren Stevens top Kent batsman at 5/1 with Coral (1/5 1,2,3) 6/1 and 11/2 is available elsewhere but wanted the e/w market for a chance of money back should he place Kent posted a good scored of 246 last time out against Warwickshire and, although he never topped their scoring, Stevens posted a knock of 55 at a good strike rate in his when he came in to bat at number 4. He has a lot of experience and last season averaged 38.5 in the Pro40 whilst this season he has scored fairly well in the County Championship too, recording 2 half centuries and a century from his 7 innings along with a 42 not out. With the possibility of money back should he come 2nd or 3rd, i am happy to take this bet at a price i think is fairly good considering he is in solid form.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Good luck with that Marron. One for me today. Not going too heavy on this match as we might have to play a spot of shower dodging. 3pts Kent to beat Nottinghamshire 21/20 Sportingbet Nottinghamshire picked up their 1st win in this competition last week when they strolled past Hampshire while Kent's match with Durham was rained off. Both come into this match off the back of very differing Championship results. Notts beat Hampshire for the 2nd time in a week while Kent suffered a late collapse to take defeat away from the jaws of victory. Kent are still actually looking for their 1st win of their season. Nottinghamshire need to be taken on here though because they have a few injuries in their bowling attack. Their batting is strong but I don't think it's any stronger than Kent's but Ali Brown, Alex Hales and Hashim Amla will all score well as will England hopeful Samit Patel who remains a quality one day performer at this level. Andy Carter will come into the Outlaws side with the ball as Andre Adams and Darren Pattinson miss out with injury. Kent's batting is really strong so it's a big surprise they are yet to win a game this season. Rob Key and Joe Denly were both playing for England in the last 12 months and Jones, van Jaarsveld, Stevens and Northeast are as good a middle order as there is. Their bowling looks good today too. Azhar still puts the ball in the right areas while Ntini and Cook are tough to keep out. Nottinghamshire are a good one day side but so are Kent. Notts' bowling problems couldn't be worst timed with this powerful Kent batting in town. I just think that shades the game Kent's way. If the rain does shorten the game, Kent are one of the best twenty20 sides in the country so would be well suited to any shortened overs game so at slightly odds against it's Kent for me this afternoon.

Kevs Do you do this full time, part time or is it just a hobby? Hope you dont mind me asking as you seem pretty good at it and just wondered as must take a lot of time up posting studying and such :ok
Just a hobby really mate. Certainly don't do it full time :ok.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 That Kent match was called off so as I was coming into tomorrow's 2 matches. Hampshire vs Warwickshire is on the red button tomorrow (I think :lol). I'm taking 3 bets. 2 for the TV game and one other. I may come back with another in the TV game if we get full TV markets and a decent line. TV game 1st. 5pts Warwickshire to beat Hampshire 8/11 Skybet Warwickshire have begun the Clydesdale Bank 40 in fine style. They've won their 3 matches without a lot of fuss and go to the Rose Bowl in fine touch. Hampshire haven't won a single game all season and they are struggling at the minute although there were signs in the Championship match with Somerset this week that the corner might be about to turn. A loss for Hampshire here makes winning this group very tough. Hampshire will continue to be without key duo Michael Lumb and Dimi Mascarenhas. Lumb's with England and Mascarenhas is injured. Rengana Harath has arrived in Southampton and has begun his Hampshire career nicely. Sean Ervine comes into the game in great form after hitting an unbeaten double hundred in the Championship this week. Kabir Ali missed that match through injury and may miss this one too. Cork aside, that leaves an inexperienced element to Hampshire's attack. Warwickshire will be without Rikki Clarke but they have plenty of personnel for this one, many of them international. Jon Trott and Ian Bell are still playing for the Bears ahead of Bangladesh's test series at the end of the month while Chris Woakes is showing his excellent young skills to the full. Neil Carter, Darren Maddy and Jim Troughton are all excellent one day cricketers. Imran Tahir returns to the Rose Bowl for the 1st time. Warwickshire are playing some lovely cricket. They are a professional outfit under Ashley Giles and they'll be up for this game. Hampshire are missing a couple of important players for this one and while the Royals are a very good outfit at their best, they aren't to that standard at the minute. Warwickshire have had the week off while Hampshire were slugging it out for 4 days and so I'll take the Bears to win this one. 3pts Over 5.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Usually I'd avoid a 6's line like the plague at the Rose Bowl but the wickets are playing lovely now and although the ground is big, when the TV cameras show up there is usually a short boundary on one side. The boundaries come in on the longer sides too so the hits here aren't as big as they used to be. The 4 day wicket has just produced 500+ vs 500+ so the wickets are full of runs even at this stage of the season. Hampshire have a few big hitters in Adams, Ervine, Pothas and Benham while Warwickshire have Carter, Bell, Maddy and Troughton. Both sides have medium pacers in their attacks which can go for a few so I think this line will get covered fairly comfortably. 4pts Middlesex to beat Gloucestershire 8/11 Skybet I'm not usually a Middlesex backer but I like them in this match. Gloucestershire begun the season struggling but have turned it around in 4 day cricket. However I think they are coming up against a better side in Middlesex here. Middlesex also struggled to begin with but they are slowly turning their fortunes around too. Gloucestershire beat Middlesex in the Championship a few weeks ago but Middlesex have improved since then. Middlesex will have quality international batsmen in their side in the form of Andrew Strauss and Owais Shah. Scott Newman is struggling a bit for form but when he gets going is a good batsman while Dawid Malan has begun the season showing us the class he undoubtedly has. With the ball, Steven Finn is probably the best young bowling talent in the country at present while Tim Murtagh is a good one day bowler at this level. Gareth Berg is having a decent season too. Iain O'Brien misses this one but Middlesex are covered in the seam department. Gloucestershire will be without their bowling hero against Essex - David Payne, who took 7/29 in that match. He picked up a niggle in a 2nd XI match in the week. Jon Lewis will return which is a boost and he'll take the new ball alongside Steve Kirby. As always, it's Gloucester's runs I'm worried about. Alex Gidman hit 99 in the Championship which could boost that but I always feel a real collapse is never too far away given the fragile form the batting is in, despite a serious amount of talent. Middlesex have clicked into gear suddenly. Their bowling is hitting the straps and with Shah, Strauss and Malan in the batting lineup runs are as good as guaranteed. Gloucestershire are an in and out side who could well struggle against a talented Middlesex side. With home advantage I'm taking Shaun Udal's men to win this one.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Annoying night tonight. Middlesex looked good but collapsed. Warwickshire won but the scoring was never high enough to bring the 6's in. +10 for the competition now.

Saturday 15 May 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Yorkshire v Netherlands (13:45 BST) 1.14 7 101.79 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Sussex (13:45 BST) 1.9 1.96 103.40 %
Will sleep on a couple of bets in the TV match and come back with them in the morning.

Re: Cricket: Clydesdale Bank 40 Looked in depth at the TV match, not so sure whether to get involved with the overs in the 6's betting yet as there are plenty of good hitters on show and Taunton is ideal place to score a few but undecided on how i view the line offered at the moment. Will wait until the morning before i decide whether to get involved, should be a good anyways.