** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April 0-8 corners at the san siro @ 2.90 interwetten. Like the odds for this, seeing as it's 1.90 for 9 or less, with UK books. Had a good bet on this, so played a saver on 9-11 @ 2/1. Their group game ended 1-4, and inter's ist leg tussle with chelsea went 0-3. All barca's CL aways have been under the quote, including a 0-4 total at arsenal.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April So much analysis for a coin flip. If Barca come out to play hard, they will win. If Inter comes out they win. If they both come out its a likely draw. Whatever happens depends a variety of luck factors. This isn't a league game where injuries/form can make an easy decision pre-game.

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April I am going to back Inter for this one. Barca are on the back or 2 tricky matches (Real and Español) and will be fatigued from the journey. Inters home record this season is very very good. Unbeaten at home all season in all comps I believe. (side fact: mourinho hasnt lost a home league game in over 134 games) That just shows how strong Jose's teams are when at home, so to think Barca will just turn up and win is crazy. I think the bookies have Barca way to short Snieder is arguably one of the stars of this Inter team and with still no Iniesta I think Inter should have the edge in midfield. I like the unders, but to get Inter anywhere near 3.00 is a steal imo. GL all

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventInter - Barca
SelectionInter (0) (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date20/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price188bet @ 2.35 (Back)
ReasoningInter must make a result tonight for hoping qualify in final.Barca is clearly unstopable in their CampNu stadium but show that got problem to win away match in this Champion's league edition. Inter not make a semi final since many time and proove vs Chelsea that could always create a suprise.Find value on Inter here they play at home ,maybe the most important game of their season .2nd leg will be very hard for them but for this match with a sold out stadium ,Morinho & Italian experience :could clearly come back with a win. Expected a strong match , Inter IMO is more armed physicly don't see them loose but vs Barca a DNB is a safest value bet. Good match & Gl

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April Inter - Barca Really quite fancy the home side here tonight. If anyone can stop Barca playing the way they do it's Jose. He's still the best tactician in the world and loves the big occasion and it certainly doesn't come any bigger than this. Barca were frustrated in the derby at the weekend and mostly by the way I'd expect Inter to play tonight. Constantly closing down the players and not giving them the time to play it around. Inter employed this strategy extremely well in previous rounds to great results. It may be a tad premature to say Barca have seemed a bit jaded recently and the long trip certainly won't have helped matters. Inter @ 21/10 Inter to win by 2 or more @ 6/1 Etoo anytime @ 2/1 Inter +1 corners @ 11/10

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April I just want to say Inter has 18 wins 7 draws at home in all competitions. Barca has 14 wins 9 draws and 1 lost at away games in all competitions.

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April Inter vs Barca These games tend to be overhyped, the press have billed it as jose vs messi. Mourinho's teams have definitely played open football in the past vs Barca. His games as Chelsea manager vs Barca were more often than not high scoring, but that was due to players he had at his disposal. At Inter his team like to win ugly, they have Cambiasso, Lucio, Zanetti who will fight for everything even their flair players such as Pandev, Eto, Sneijder all work very hard. Barca on the otherhand have travelled by bus to Milan and this will have some sort of affect. Barca can only play one way and will try to break Inter down, but will also be wary not to let one throught the back door. I think Mourinho's thoughts are lets go to Barca without conceding, i honestly believe he would take a 0-0 an play Barca in a one off game at the Nou Camp. I think both teams would be happy with this and in big games they more often than not disappoint. If not then a goal either way will clinch it. Most managers would have a go at Barca in the first 20 mins to see if the journey has had any impact, but thats too adventurous and costly. I dont think it will be the entertaining spectacle we are hoping for. I like the: 21/10 (hills) - under 1.5 goals Good luck

0-8 corners at the san siro @ 2.90 interwetten. Like the odds for this' date=' seeing as it's 1.90 for 9 or less, with UK books. Had a good bet on this, so played a saver on 9-11 @ 2/1. Their group game ended 1-4, and inter's ist leg tussle with chelsea went 0-3. All barca's CL aways have been under the quote, including a 0-4 total at arsenal.[/quote'] What a spot mate :ok Im spreading my balance in that account over those 2 bets to guarantee a profit :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April I will be watching this game with great intent as a football fan, and as a true neutral. Looking to the background, these two have already met twice as we all know, a 0-0 draw at the San Siro, and a 2-0 victory for Barcelona at the Nou Camp, the victory coming without the aid of Messi or Ibrahimovic, in my opinion one of the best team performances I have seen. Barcelona dropped two points in the Barcelona derby against Espanyol at the weekend, the first points they've dropped in La Liga for a long time, whereas Inter Milan squeezed past Juventus after Sisoko was red carded Inter's class and determination paid off. This will no doubt give Inter Milan confidence coming into this game. The key for Inter Milan is to play as Espanyol did on Sunday, do not give Barcelona any time on the ball. I realise this is much easier said than done, but if Inter defend the almost "Barcelona way", pressing constantly, Barcelona will find it hard to play through them, targetting Messi and Xavi especially is key. This, however, is quite different to how Inter approached the matches against Barcelona in the group stages, and Barcelona ripped them apart at the Nou Camp. I must also pinpoint those two players, Xavi and Messi, as the two that Barcelona seem to be depending on this season. Henry has had a shocking season in the chances he's had, Ibrahimovic still has question marks over him when playing in these major games (albeit he answered some of those against Arsenal), and of course Iniesta's injury could not have come at a worse time. Fatigue will always be a question over these two they have depended on in particular, when they don't click, like they didn't against Espanyol, Barca seem a little short on ideas. Barcelona are being pushed all the way by Real Madrid in La Liga, and it looks like the Espanyol dropped points are the last they can drop this season. One must wonder, however, if they had their minds ahead to this game at the weekend. We haven't had to see Barcelona respond too much this season, this will be the tester, it's all well and good to be the best team playing the best football when it's all going right. Inter Milan must win this game really and ideally keep a clean sheet. This, again, is easier said than done. This is a big night for Milito to perform, he's been quiet lately and this is a the stage for him to make a name for himself. It will also be interesting, from a tactical point of view, to see if Mourinho plays Pandev out wide along with Eto'o or have him drop back into midfield, the latter perhaps being more beneficial in stopping Barcelona. Barcelona may be fatigued after the 14 hour bus journey, not to mention Inter Milan have had two more days rest. Inter must have the same intensity which they showed when defeating Chelsea in the last round, it is the only way I see them getting through the first leg, the second will eb a different matter. Of course there's one person I haven't really mentioned, Mourinho. We all know about him and this is teh type of game set up for him, surely if there's one person who can stop Messi and Barcelona, it's him. One thing worth noting is that Barcelona's previous five knockout games in the Champions League have been draws, their last away win at these stages was in 2008 against Celtic. I'm going for goals tonight, Over 2.5 @ 2.20 with William Hill. I expect Inter won't have enough for a clean sheet no matter how hard they try and therefore will have to push forward more than they would want. It's a risk, but well worth it with small stakes. I fully look forward to a great encounter. Good luck all! :ok

I am going to back Inter for this one. Barca are on the back or 2 tricky matches (Real and Español) and will be fatigued from the journey. Inters home record this season is very very good. Unbeaten at home all season in all comps I believe. (side fact: mourinho hasnt lost a home league game in over 134 games) That just shows how strong Jose's teams are when at home, so to think Barca will just turn up and win is crazy. I think the bookies have Barca way to short Snieder is arguably one of the stars of this Inter team and with still no Iniesta I think Inter should have the edge in midfield. I like the unders, but to get Inter anywhere near 3.00 is a steal imo. GL all
:clap:beer:beer

Afternoon gents, Going against the public bet here tonight I think.... Inter Milan V Barcelona - OVER 2.5 goals @ 2.2 (Bet365) Firstly, I feel the price of 1.65-1.7 for under 2.5 goals offers no value what-so-ever, all it takes is for a dodgy penalty, a world class free kick or Messi to just have one of those nights and you've risked alot for a cheap price in my opinion. I am not saying it wont be under 2.5 but I just feel the price offers no value. So then I thought to myself, can I see there being a few goals this evening? The answer is yes....Barcelona will play their normal attacking game, of this there is no doubt, they dont know how to play negative football so they will be going to Italy confident of getting on the score sheet. IF the Catalans score the first goal, which lets face it they have the ability to do so, then where does that leave Inter and Mourinho? The home team will NEED to be more offensive as they cannot possibly settle for a 1-0 defeat at home as they know that they really need to take some sort of advantage to the Camp Nou to have a realistic chance of making the final. With the home side coming out and attacking more, they have the ability to breach the Barcelona defence but they will also leave more space in behind their own back four for Messi and co to work their magic. It's all if's and buts, but if Barcelona can score first, perhaps in the first 30-40 minutes, then I think we could see a few chances and the possibility of a few goals. I am not wanting to put anyone off the unders but the fact remains it just takes a few pieces of brilliance and they bets a loser, and with these two teams ability, we may see some brilliance tonight. I am happy to go with small stakes on the over 2.5 goals @ 2.2 with Bet365 :hope Goodluck everyone :ok
I'll take that :nana Congatulations to the winners :clap

What a spot mate :ok Im spreading my balance in that account over those 2 bets to guarantee a profit :hope
0-8 corners at the san siro @ 2.90 interwetten. Like the odds for this' date=' seeing as it's 1.90 for 9 or less, with UK books. Had a good bet on this, so played a saver on 9-11 @ 2/1. Their group game ended 1-4, and inter's ist leg tussle with chelsea went 0-3. All barca's CL aways have been under the quote, including a 0-4 total at arsenal.[/quote'] :cheers Thanks for this excellent spot of a bet. I went all in on 0-8 corners in the end, decided may as well to maximise profits. :beer

Then its true that new, thanks bagehot, is a handicap that favors Milan, I think that they must be tired after the derby with Espanyol. I will bet Inter, mainly for value, I think that Inter have a chance of 30% of winning. It will not astonish me if Barcelona could win this game or tie, but after all they are human and second time will be more complicated for Barça, their last match against Espanyol was very complicated for them, Espanyol play fiercefully to maintain the play in the midfield don't allowing Barca to attack in Espanyol side of the field but the lack of technic of Espanyol don't let them concrete a goal against Barcelona superb deffense. Both are teams very motivated because they fight for all in this stage of Champions, is not only a confrontation of two superb teams but also of two very competent Technicals Guardiola and Mourinho, how I say it will not take me with surprise if Barcelona manage the game to take one point or even three in Milan, mainly my bet is for the value. Pick:Inter @ 3.25 Betfair Stake:2/10
Congratulations to all who won this difficult bet to spot. 2 units risked 4.5 units profit

So much analysis for a coin flip. If Barca come out to play hard, they will win. If Inter comes out they win. If they both come out its a likely draw. Whatever happens depends a variety of luck factors. This isn't a league game where injuries/form can make an easy decision pre-game.
Hi RealGreen, yes the match is a toss and really a clash of Titans, I take the bet mainly for value, but Barcelona have come realy handicaped to this match, and also with their last match with Espanyol I come to the idea that the offensive of Barcelona could be slow down, if a team could do this is Inter, and I'm a really fan of Barcelona a proof, I handicaped they with -2 goals. Congratulations Scotlandpunter, Sakica, Bagehot, RogerB, Marseille, who make his bets despite the general opinion.

Should go with a shocker here' date=' Barca travelled to Milano from Barcelona by bus.[/quote'] Only Detroit Red Wings to win their hockey-game and I'll win some good cash :) Hopefully some of you people went for Inter, like me, despite the fact that I hate them, they won for the main reason I stated above.

FC Bayern München v Olympique Lyonnais (19:45 BST) 1.8 3.8 5.1
The germans are very though in his home, and althoug Lyon have surprised everyone, Bayern have some advantage taking in acount historical terms, cause Lyon have never pass to semifinals of champions, and Bayern want to return to the finals after 9 years of absence; Bayern team is very well motivated now, they are road to win a triple cup, in Bundesliga they have 2 points of advantage, they will fight for the DFB cup, and possibly the Champions (I don't think that they could achieve this last one). Could Lyon gives a surprise, but my election is: Pick: Bayern Stake: 3/10

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April Well done on the Inter backers and Over 2.5 backers. I gotta say I didn't expect what I saw tonight. Managed to scrape some money back in-play on corners although if I'd thought faster I could have quite easily still made profit but never mind. Already placed 2 bets for tomorrow. 3 points on Bayern-Lyon Draw @ 3.75 on Bwin 2 points on Lyon @ 5.5 on Stan James Although Bayern are overwhelming favourites I don't actually think they are that much better than Lyon and I feel the odds are some what short for them. This is a value bet and although I still think Bayern are very slight favourites I definitely wouldn't put it past Lyon to nick a win or a draw hence the bet on Lyon and the draw albeit with a smaller stake.

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April Bayern v Lyon No need to give my personal analysis for the match here. It's a CL semifinal, there is hardly any match in the world where you get more opinions for on every corner. But we have seen yesterday what effect a long journey by bus had on Barca. So as Lyon had an eight-hour-trip by bus from Bordeaux to Lyon last weekend, costing them a good night's sleep. And as the had another eight-hour trip by minivan from Lyon to Munich on Monday, I guess we could see some sore muscles here. Whereas Bayern are well relaxed and did practice to score a lot last Saturday at home. Therefore I'm going on Bayern to score 4 or more. 3 points on "any other score" @ 10.50 on Betfair Edit: With Betfair, any other score means that at least one side will score 4 goals or more, as they offer exact scorelines only up to 3 goals per team.

I will be watching this game with great intent as a football fan, and as a true neutral. Looking to the background, these two have already met twice as we all know, a 0-0 draw at the San Siro, and a 2-0 victory for Barcelona at the Nou Camp, the victory coming without the aid of Messi or Ibrahimovic, in my opinion one of the best team performances I have seen. Barcelona dropped two points in the Barcelona derby against Espanyol at the weekend, the first points they've dropped in La Liga for a long time, whereas Inter Milan squeezed past Juventus after Sisoko was red carded Inter's class and determination paid off. This will no doubt give Inter Milan confidence coming into this game. The key for Inter Milan is to play as Espanyol did on Sunday, do not give Barcelona any time on the ball. I realise this is much easier said than done, but if Inter defend the almost "Barcelona way", pressing constantly, Barcelona will find it hard to play through them, targetting Messi and Xavi especially is key. This, however, is quite different to how Inter approached the matches against Barcelona in the group stages, and Barcelona ripped them apart at the Nou Camp. I must also pinpoint those two players, Xavi and Messi, as the two that Barcelona seem to be depending on this season. Henry has had a shocking season in the chances he's had, Ibrahimovic still has question marks over him when playing in these major games (albeit he answered some of those against Arsenal), and of course Iniesta's injury could not have come at a worse time. Fatigue will always be a question over these two they have depended on in particular, when they don't click, like they didn't against Espanyol, Barca seem a little short on ideas. Barcelona are being pushed all the way by Real Madrid in La Liga, and it looks like the Espanyol dropped points are the last they can drop this season. One must wonder, however, if they had their minds ahead to this game at the weekend. We haven't had to see Barcelona respond too much this season, this will be the tester, it's all well and good to be the best team playing the best football when it's all going right. Inter Milan must win this game really and ideally keep a clean sheet. This, again, is easier said than done. This is a big night for Milito to perform, he's been quiet lately and this is a the stage for him to make a name for himself. It will also be interesting, from a tactical point of view, to see if Mourinho plays Pandev out wide along with Eto'o or have him drop back into midfield, the latter perhaps being more beneficial in stopping Barcelona. Barcelona may be fatigued after the 14 hour bus journey, not to mention Inter Milan have had two more days rest. Inter must have the same intensity which they showed when defeating Chelsea in the last round, it is the only way I see them getting through the first leg, the second will eb a different matter. Of course there's one person I haven't really mentioned, Mourinho. We all know about him and this is teh type of game set up for him, surely if there's one person who can stop Messi and Barcelona, it's him. One thing worth noting is that Barcelona's previous five knockout games in the Champions League have been draws, their last away win at these stages was in 2008 against Celtic. I'm going for goals tonight, Over 2.5 @ 2.20 with William Hill. I expect Inter won't have enough for a clean sheet no matter how hard they try and therefore will have to push forward more than they would want. It's a risk, but well worth it with small stakes. I fully look forward to a great encounter. Good luck all! :ok
:D:D:D Overall I'm pleased with how this worked out, the early goal made Inter attack more and they were the deserved winners. It went pretty much to plan. I'll post my thoughts about the Bayern/Lyon match later.

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April I have been awful in the Champions League this year. All wrong yesterday. JM came out to attack which I was surprised about. Going 1-0 down forced his hand, but even so the 4-1-4-1 was nowhere to be seen. It paid off for Inter and last night is the best thing that could have happened for the tie. We will see what Barca are made of now. I have gone over 2.5 tonight. There has been a lot written about this bet already. GL everyone. Well done to those who backed Inter outright. Very nice.

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April B Munich v Lyon - B Munich To Qualify @ 1.64 Betfair Think Bayern can get most of the work done in the first leg at home, if not then they've shown at Fiorentina and Manchester United that they can comeback and show fight, this is very important in two legged affairs. Germas to progress for me.

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April Bayern – Lyon Corners Over 10 1,9 Bet365 Bayern – Lyon Cards 9 pts and above 1,83 Bf Tonight on Allianz-Arena the teams taking many corners will meet. FC Bayern in play with Manchester United earned 15 corners, Lyon in games with Bordeaux is also in this index slightly behind. Corners, of course, depend on the nature of the game, but this game is, in my opinion, should be open. Bavaria in the last games played out in earnest – some 7:0 with Hanover real worth. Lyon fight for Champions League in France, while more or less successfully. The referee of the match is Rosetti, despite the minimalism of cards in the last games – in this match he must show at least 5 Yellows, and the red is also possible.

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April Surprised by the under and did not expect Inter to have 3 goals in them :eek. Bayern Munich - Lyon over 3.5 @ 3.35 centrebet Looking at Bayern's form in the Champion League, it is obvious that this is a team with goals in them. They have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 CL games, but they have also managed to concede in each of these games, with 2 of these last 3 games, they have conceded 3 goals. As for Lyon, they have scored in 4 of their last 5 games, but also conceded in 3 of these 5 games, so they too can help this match be a goal feast. Bayern will be without the services of van Bommel as their defensive midfield, and without him to screen their backline, their defence, that has looked shaky and unstable in the past, looks even worse. Lyon have some good players like Lisandro up front who can take advantage of this. Bayern have the two wingers Robben and Ribery who caused Man Utd plenty of problems on the flanks, but also the speed and work ethic of Olic should not be underestimated as he played a pivotal role in some of the goals they scored. With Lyon missing some of their own defence, these players have the ability to create and score goals here too. Bayern are in a confident mood after beating Hannover 7-0, while the fact that Lyon have had to travel may mean that they begin to feel the effects of this during the game, much like Barcelona did last night against Inter Milan. Lyon are coming off a 2-2 away draw at Bordeaux so they too have been scoring goals, albeit conceding as well. Bayern know that they need to take an advantage into the second leg while Lyon themselves are capable of scoring here, so this will push Bayern to score at least 2 goals, if not more. Believe that both teams are capable of scoring a couple of goals each in this game.

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April Bayern v Lyon Selection: Bayern win 8/11 @Betfred. Reasoning: Bayern Munich have beaten both Fiorentina and Man Utd in the last 2 stages at the Allianz, and I would be very surprised if they didn't do the same to Lyon here, especially after their scintillating performance against Hannover at the weekend. Bayern will not be happy with anything less than a win and I don't think Lyon would be too upset with a 2-1 defeat - they know they can beat anyone at the Stade De Gerland, I think Bayerns' firepower will be too strong for them tonight. Bayern Munich win @ 8/11

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April I think I'm just going for a home win. Bayern is a great team and they want this spot in the final. Also Lyon want that spot, but I think the advantage is, surely today, for the home team. Only V Bommel out?

Re: UEFA Champions League 20th / 21st April Does anyone else think Lyon are being slightly underestimated here? Awful odds on Munich straight win. Bayern Munich LAY @ 1.72 - Betfair V Lyon. This is also a bit of a speculative one, based on what is clearly a mistake. Bayern Munich Half-time Lead & Fail to Win @ 12.0 - Ladbrokes / William Hill / Totesport / Paddy Power. Bayern Munich HT / FT Draw is only available at 6, and Bayern Munich HT / Lyon FT is 11, so I can't understand the odds presented here for this market.

Does anyone else think Lyon are being slightly underestimated here? Awful odds on Munich straight win. Bayern Munich LAY @ 1.72 - Betfair V Lyon. This is also a bit of a speculative one, based on what is clearly a mistake. Bayern Munich Half-time Lead & Fail to Win @ 12.0 - Ladbrokes / William Hill / Totesport / Paddy Power. Bayern Munich HT / FT Draw is only available at 6, and Bayern Munich HT / Lyon FT is 11, so I can't understand the odds presented here for this market.
Yes totally. I've gone against Bayern too. They may have beaten Man Utd and Fiorentina to get here, but neither were that convincingly and Lyon beat a good Bordeaux side and Real Madrid. Think the odds for Bayern are very low.

Does anyone else think Lyon are being slightly underestimated here? Awful odds on Munich straight win. Bayern Munich LAY @ 1.72 - Betfair V Lyon. This is also a bit of a speculative one, based on what is clearly a mistake. Bayern Munich Half-time Lead & Fail to Win @ 12.0 - Ladbrokes / William Hill / Totesport / Paddy Power. Bayern Munich HT / FT Draw is only available at 6, and Bayern Munich HT / Lyon FT is 11, so I can't understand the odds presented here for this market.
I found Bayern HT/Draw FT at 17.0 and Bayern HT/Lyon FT at 51.0 with Bet365.