** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lay Of The Day - Thursday 8th April 2010

3.10 Aintree LAY: Imperial Commander 3.10 Aintree LAY: Imperial Commander The Gold Cup winner has loads in hand on official figures and is clearly the best horse in the race but as so often happens, Cheltenham form isn't always reproduced at this meeting. Added to question marks about his suitability for this sort of track, Imperial Commander goes best when fresh so this race might come a bit soon for him.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 8th April 2010 2.25 Taunton: Recif De Thaix 1pt place lay Three horse race for two places and with the drying ground at Taunton not looking to be ideal for the Paul Nicholl's trained horse I am happy to have Junior and Emperor Concerto as the two fighting out the winner and runner up spot. Think Recif De Thaix will struggle to concede LTO winner's penalty to the others despite Ian Popham's claim offsetting part of it.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 8th April 2010 2.15 Leicester - Calormen - lay Calormen is being supported, into 13/8 with VCBet, so I am definitely interested in laying that one. Although his sire, Imperial Dancer, won on heavy, his progeny have fared much the better on Good or better. With the ground forecast to be heavy I'd contend that was a negative to Calormen's chances. I also don't think he will necessarily confirm debut running with Molly Mylenis. Molly Mylenis was very tardy out the stalls that day before finishing well to finish just 1/4L behind Calormen, having went off a shorter price after being supported from 4/1 down to 10/3 (Calormen went the opposite way from 4/1 out to 6/1).

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 8th April 2010 235 Aintree: Sanctuaire lay A real tough race this with many in with a shout. Sanctuaire won at the festival but a few in behind have disappointed since and just think he's worth opposing with so many good novices in opposition, this is a very different test and is too short in my book.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 8th April 2010 3.10 Chelt - Imperial Commander - place lay Much the same reasoning as barni - this might be too soon after the Gold Cup, he's not run well on tight tracks before (Kempton), his record suggests he's best fresh I reckon he's either going to win and confirm his superiority or he's going to bomb out. And if he bombs out then there's only 2 places up for grabs, so might as well go for the big one and do a place lay

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 8th April 2010 2:15 Leicester - Calormen - Lay Not convinced. Think he is crazy short. His attitude in the final stages was questionnable whereas Molly Melenis was finishing well in the same race having blown the start. Sky Diamond also has a chance of improving on his Brocklesby form and at 13/8, I'm happy to lay Calormen 1pt lay

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 8th April 2010 RECIEF DE THAIX 2.25 Taunton. Place Lay. I just think with the weights not in his favour and the race looking like it won't be run to suit ideally, it's worth a place lay. The trip and ground isn't a concern, but I feel Junior and Emperoro Concerto will make it very tough for him. Probably come 2nd, but the value lays in the place market, irrespective of the end result.