** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League- 6th April

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League- 6th April I think Barcelona will win but does anyone else think the odds are ridiculous? As short as 1/3 with some firms. Yeah Arsenal have big losses in Gallas and Fabregas but Barca will be without their first choice central defensive pairing, Ibrahimovic and probably Iniesta aswell. Seeing Arsenal at 9.2 to win is mental.

Re: Champions League- 6th April 9.2 does look a little bit strange for Arsenal but Barca's midfield will control the match as per. Also any 3 from Messi, Bojan, Henry , Pedro and Jeffren up front looks good enough to me. Having said that I don't think I'll get involved at 1.3. CSKA will obviously give it a good go at home having escaped with a 1-0 loss. Inter are a pretty compact and solid team and should no doubt go through. I am strongly considering the draw in that match.

Re: Champions League- 6th April BARCELONA - ARSENAL (OVR 3.5) 5/4 PADDYPOWER ARSENAL TO QUALIFY FOR THE NEXT ROUND 4/1 OR BOTH SCORING @ 4/6 Gunners are missing the spine of the team with Gallas n Fabregas both out. The likes of Diaby and Nasri and Rosicky will be expected to play a big part. Being behind on aggregate, they certainly have nothing to lose and have to score to have any hope of progress. Barca without the cb pairing both suspended, Ibra, Iniesta and possibly Yaya Toure. Bojan (scoring twice against Bilbao) n Henry are the main candidates to feature alongise Messiah and Pedro. Any of the attacking 4 are capable of punishing defences (i believe they will look to exploit Campbell's lack of pace) I also think that all the pressure is now on Barca, being firm favourites. This could be a big week for them, cuz they play Real next weekend.. So it should be a great game with plenty of goals.

Re: Champions League- 6th April I could see a draw in Moscow as well. Look for Inter to get their away goal early with CSKA putting on the pressure to get level. Inter could've won the 1st leg 4-0, I don't see how they don't score here. Barca/Arsenal, tough call at those odds. Barca looked out of this world for the first hour at the Emirates, but Arsenal are resilient and Barca's central defensive pairing are both suspended and Iniesta is huge loss as well, Xavi keeps things under control but Iniesta gives Barca that extra something going forward. The longer this game stays tight the better for Arsenal as they've proven they can score late.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Barclona V Arsenal is an interesting one. You'd 'expect' Barcelona to dominate and win quite easily in Spain, especially after they were well on top in the first leg. I'm not sure it'll be quite that easy here, and I agree that the price of 1.4 for Barcelona is a bit of a joke. Would you really bet against them right now though. Probably not. Over 2.5 goals is very very short. It's as low as 1.39, which is criminally insane. Arsenal need a goal, while Barcelona don't need to win. I don't really think they know anything other than attack attack. Might be one to wait in play to see how many goals are scored. If it gets to HT with only one, or even no goals scored, I'd expet the odds on Over 2.5 goals to be more than acceptable. Draw at HT @ 2.75 - BET365 might appeal, as everyone is expecting Barcelona to win at HT/FT, and although it might not be that easy, it may take them until the second half.

Re: Champions League- 6th April It seems Arsenal will be also be without Alex Song for this clash, Ive seen some of thier recent performances and it looks as though he was really holding the midfield together, especially in the absence of Fabregas. Another big blow for Arsenals chances of keeping it tight IMO but we will have to see how Wenger sets the team up. I was looking at goals markets in this game as Arsenal essentially need to score at least once if they are going to go through over the two legs. As Jase has mentioned they are criminally short in terms of overs (2.5 Currently 1.58) on Betfair. The Both teams to Score market is trading at 1.7 for "Yes" which could be an option given that Arsenal need to score and how rampant Barca can be, especially at home. Paddy Power are also offering the second half to have more goals at 11/10 which looks like it could be good value as I see Arsenal perhaps looking to keep it tight until Half Time then perhaps push on for that away goal they need and if they do so, Barca will need to respond by looking to scoring. I havent decided if I'm going to get involved yet but I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts ahead of the game.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Song injured aswell ffs, our injury list is a rediculous. Normally I'd say our price is too big but I think without our 5 of our most important players I can't see us getting a result :sad Almunia Sagna - Campbell - Vermaelen - Clichy Denilson Diaby - Nasri Eboue - Bendtner - Rosicky I guess that will be the team, meh.

Re: Champions League- 6th April

that line-up is a sight for sore eyes. not one player is of great quality.
Bit harsh, I would say Nasri, Vermaelen and Sagna are top quality players. Not many teams could put out a side that strong if they were missing five first team players.

Bit harsh' date=' I would say Nasri, Vermaelen and Sagna are top quality players. Not many teams could put out a side that strong if they were missing five first team players.[/quote'] Yeah Nasri is probably the best player there although I'd still say he is not of the 'world class' tag. Having said that of the missing players I'd only really say Cesc is. The rest are all important players for the team dynamic.

Re: Champions League- 6th April I'm never comfortable backing teams that dont have to win normally but in this case I am willing to make an exception. Barca showed against Stuttgart in the last round that they will attack in waves long after the match is over as a contest. Arsenal, with their poor away form, are in trouble against a Barca side who do everything that Arsenal do...better. At the prices I would be tempted on arsenal with a full strangth line up, but with their injuries there is only one logical choice. Ill take Barca with a 1.25 goal handicap at 1.8.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Wouldn't say the price on Barca is a joke at all. We seen in the first leg they are on a different level from Arsenal and I think they will hammer them tomorrow especially at the Nou Camp. Can honestly see it being around 4 or 5-0.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Barca HT/FT looks a cert, so does over 3.5 goals. Arsenal will play well, don't let Fabregas's absence fool you in that respect. Nasri is more than a decent replacement if he turns up. I can see Arsenal scoring first, playing well, but Barca are just in a different class and will cut them to ribbins once their engine starts to motor. I think the match will finish around 4-2 to Barca - and that's being optimistic for Arsenal.

Re: Champions League- 6th April I know we're underdogs but I wouldnt get carried away, we're still a top quality team even with the players missing. I wouldn't take the first leg as a sign of how this one will play out either, I doubt Barca will press as hard as they did in that game, and we were carrying Fabregas and Arshavin in the first 20 minutes when we were getting dominated. We will miss song but at least we'll have 10 players willing to close the ball unlike last week when we had 5 or 6 players struggling. If the price on Arsenal goes any higher than 7/1 I'm well on it.

It's highest price of 15/2 atm' date=' if it goes any higher I'm backing it.[/quote'] Arsenal are 9.2 on Betfair. I put £2 on them when I saw the odds at first but with Song now being ruled out and Iniesta passed fit I can see Barca winning by a few goals, its just hard to pass up above 8/1 on a side like Arsenal though.

Re: Champions League- 6th April You people live in England, and there have to be some Arsenal supporters in here. So with this being said, how much confidence is surrounding the club right now? With Barcelona weakened in the back can Nasri, Bendtner and gang step up and score a couple goal to win this? I really thought I'd get more stronger opinions on this as there are members in here who live in England.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Are people not going abit over the top about Barcelona? I think Ibrahimovic is a big miss, surely? Are the likes of Pedro, Bojan, Jeffren and even Henry able deputies? Not for me. Also, think a forward line of Nasri, Rosicky, Bendtner and Walcott are still capable of causing the two substitute centre-backs, Milito and Marquez, a problem or two. No bet for me, but if Arsenal can hold out to half-time, like they did in the first game, who knows.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Also agree with JK that Nasri is much improved. For me, he's probably second to Fabregas, in regards to best attacking player, and seeing as I think Arshavin is one of the best players in the world, that's a pretty decent standard.

With two great attacking sides and Barca being the absolute favourite I still find the odds for Over 2,5 Goals an insult, and I'd rather watch than risk it... I am aware the game can explode in seconds with these two but I can't get involved at odds of 1,40 or below. A post above was saying Over 3,5 is certain, well, not in my book. Arsene Wenger will not rush, being aware of what Barca is capable of...Neither will Barcelona, with the ball control they have in the midfield all they need is a couple of mistakes from Arsenal. Barca will start slow, with many ''horizontal'' passes, patiently waiting for a gap, I have seen them exchanging up to 25-30 passes before they lose the ball ( or create a danger ). This is what Wenger has to sort out first - ball posession. Not many teams managed though, he needs a video of the Almeria game, or the one with the Russians in the Group stage... Draw @ HT is well-priced, as Jase pointed out. so is Arsenal to score first, yet... IN-PLAY for me On the other hand Over 2,5 Goals with CSKA and Inter is the one that I find much more interest in - @ 2,33 with small stakes, bet365. Wasn't much impressed with what I saw on the highlights with the Russians in the first game, but this will be a different story IMO - what have CSKA got to lose? Strong forwards, attacking midfield - Sevilla know better. On the other hand Inter know how to counter...2-1 either side or even 2-2 will not be a surprise. Still, I am only taking this one as of the high odds, JM has the knowledge to make it 0-0 or 0-1... GL all

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event FC Barcelona - Arsenal
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 06/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 1.40 (Back)
Reasoning Champions League Quarter-Finals Second Leg - FC Barcelona are the best team in Europe and with two away goals they should look to kill the match off against an injury-hit Arsenal. At the Nou Camp this year, they haven't been as invincible as many think with a pretty poor run in the Group Stage. But I think they'll have more than enough for a Fabregas-less Arsenal. I hope FC Barcelona will win. Good luck!

Are people not going abit over the top about Barcelona? I think Ibrahimovic is a big miss' date=' surely? Are the likes of Pedro, Bojan, Jeffren and even Henry able deputies? Not for me. Also, think a forward line of Nasri, Rosicky, Bendtner and Walcott are still capable of causing the two substitute centre-backs, Milito and Marquez, a problem or two. No bet for me, but if Arsenal can hold out to half-time, like they did in the first game, who knows.[/quote'] While I am a massive fan of Ibra, and his presence will definitely be missed through the middle, these players are very capable. I see the Barcelona style of play as an ethos, and Pedro, Bojan and Jeffren have all been groomed in it from a young age. Ibra is the standout player through the middle, but even he drifts out to the right quite a lot. The strikers positions are all interchangeable, and the players do this naturally. A front line of Pedro-Bojan-Messi will cause Arsenal so many problems with their pace and movement. I don't think Arsenal are the team to resort to using overtly physical tactics to quieten these players either. Pedro has 17 goals in all competitions this season, Bojan scored two good goals at the weekend having hardly played this season, and we all know about Messi. Ibra might be missed, but they will manage.

Re: Champions League- 6th April Sol campbell to be book @ 2.16 Betfair what do you guys think about this one ? if he start of course. He's slow, kinda out of shape for this kind of competition so he will probably fouls barcelona players. Also he's expandable since he's just a subsitute, if arsenal win this round they would probably have players back in time for the Semi final legs. Arsenal +1.5 ( AH ) @ 1.88 Betfair Arsenal is not going down without a fight. I think Ibra will be a big miss for tomorrow games and if Messi don't perform extremly well, like he did in London last week i don't see Barcelona winning with that much goals. I can easily see a score of 1-1 or 2-1 tomorrow if Arsenal lose. If they win it is even better ;)