Cricket: County Championship 2010

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Just got another email

Please accept my apologies for the incorrect information provided previously. In County Championship matches in the event of a draw all wagers will be deemed void unless prices were quoted for the draw.
Looks like it'll finish as a draw unless some bowler has a magic spell

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010

Tuesday 27 April 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLancashire v Kent (11:00 BST)1.612.5101.90 %
maximize.gifSomerset v Essex (11:00 BST)1.722.34100.63 %
maximize.gifWarwickshire v Hampshire (11:00 BST)2.21.8599.51 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Durham (11:00 BST)2.61.61100.37 %
Tuesday 27 April 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST)1.722.3101.37 %
maximize.gifSussex v Leicestershire (11:00 BST)1.542.75101.30 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Glamorgan (11:00 BST)1.722.34100.63 %
maximize.gifNorthamptonshire v Derbyshire (11:00 BST)1.942.199.17 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 As I was after last week where Surrey narrowly failed to force a win. Really getting stuck in this week. I'm taking 4 this week. There's due to be a little bit of weather around on Friday down the West of the country but hopefully we can avoid that and really make some dosh this week. To make it look a bit tidier I'll pop the Div 1 bets in this post and the Div 2 one in the next post. 3 for Div 1. 4pts Warwickshire to beat Hampshire 6/5 Stan James I don't like taking Hampshire on as I said yesterday but we weren't just beaten yesterday, we was walloped. Championship is a different game but Hampshire's young bowling attack is being found out at the minute with narrow losses late on in both their matches so far. Warwickshire have lost both their matches so far as well but they have got some key personnel playing here while Hampshire are missing a few. Ian Bell and Jon Trott give this Warwickshire side such stability in the middle order and Darren Maddy is now back on a cricket field which is great to see. It may mean that Warwickshire leave out Varun Chopra for this match which is a real luxury to have. Ant Botha is fit again and could form a potent spin attack with the ex-Hawk, Imran Tahir. Chris Woakes and Neil Carter will lead the bowling attack. Hampshire will continue to be without Michael Lumb who is away in the Caribbean now. Dimi Mascarenhas is still injured. Kabir Ali should come back into the side having sat out the 40 over match on Sunday but this Hampshire attack still looks a tad youthful. Neil McKenzie hasn't really got going yet and if Hampshire are to kick start their season it's important he fires soon. Adams and Carberry are carrying Hampshire's batting a bit at the minute. Warwickshire won at Kent in a tricky 40 over match at the weekend. That should yield confidence and on their home patch here they are a big price. Ian Bell and Jon Trott are both above this level and if Hampshire let them get away it could be a long 4 days for the Rose Bowl outfit. As much as it pains me to do it, I'm taking Warwickshire in this one. 3pts Kent to beat Lancashire 6/4 Skybet Lancashire have made a cracking start to their Championship season. They have won their 1st two matches emphatically but England have come a calling to maximum effect. Kent have yet to win a match this season but they were in control for long periods against Yorkshire but couldn't force it home. They too have an England call up to deal with but it's not as critical as Lancashire's. Lancashire will be without Jimmy Anderson who played the opening two matches for the Red Rose, picking up 11 wickets in that time. Oliver Newby his replacement is unlikely to have that impact. I still feel Lancashire are a batsman light. Tom Smith is developing into a handy opener but it's not his real job. Stephen Moore has brought a lot to this side already while Ashwell Prince is class personified. However they still rely on the likes of Chapple a bit too much with the bat. Sajid Mahmood is likely to share the new ball with Glen Chapple. Gary Keedy remains injured. James Tredwell is Kent's loss to England. Joe Denly got some runs under his belt at the weekend and now Rob Key could do with a decent hit. Jones and van Jaarsveld are quality and Darren Stevens at 5 in no mug. Sam Northeast is thought of very high in the South-East. Kent have a slight problem in their bowling attack but nobody can argue Makhaya Ntini doesn't pep it up a bit. Azhar Mahmood's still got it and while Amjad is fit Kent will be ok. Rob Ferley may be on spin duties. I don't think there's too much between these two sides. Lancashire may be marginally better all round but not by enough to warrant a 6/4 quote on last year's runaway Division 2 winners. Kent have the batsmen to really compete here and if Makhaya gets stuck in straight away they can take this one. 3pts Essex to beat Somerset 5/4 Boylesports Essex have made a better start than most can have imagined to the season. They won their opening match against Hampshire, maybe slightly fortuitously given Hampshire's last 30 minutes stunning collapse but they then dominated reigning champions Durham before losing to Lancashire. Somerset have looked good in both their matches but their age old problem of not being able to take 20 wickets has haunted them both times and led to 2 defeats. Somerset will now be without Craig Kieswetter which doesn't help them at all. Jos Buttler isn't anything like the same class. Marcus Trescothick is leading the Sabres with a lot of runs already. Nick Compton is going well too but as I've said before he should be opening IMO. Zander de Bruyn is reliable for runs but as I've said it's not scoring that's the problem. Damien Wright is a quality all round cricketer but these wickets aren't helping him. Charl Willoughby is yet to really get going. Alfonso Thomas can be good but there's nothing else to worry about. The rest of the Somerset attack would fancy facing their own bowling :lol. Essex will have Alastair Cook available and he'll be wanting to fill his boots at Taunton this week. Ravi Bopara's with England but the likes of Pettini, Foster, ten Doeschate and Billy Godleman all have runs in them as does youngster Jaik Mickleburgh who has flown out of the traps this season. Masters, Napier and Wright are a decent pace trio and Tim Phillips has picked up wickets this season so I have no worries on the wicket taking front for Essex. As I say, I can't be taking Somerset while they can't take 20 wickets. Essex aren't the greatest side in this competition but they are capable of 20 wickets. Alastair Cook's influence on the side is large and his contribution usually matches it. Essex are going well and if they can dust themselves down from their 40 over defeat I think they can take this one.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 And the 2nd division bet. Nearly took Derbyshire but there's enough to sway me, especially as we've got the outright running on them. 4pts Glamorgan to beat Worcestershire 5/4 Skybet Glamorgan have already been good to me once this season so we'll try them again. That was their only win so far but the two losses have been to Sussex and Derbyshire, who I think will be the top 2 so no harm done there really. Worcestershire had a cracking win over Middlesex in the opening round but Middlesex have done nothing for the form since then. Worcester just denied us a win on Surrey last week. Worcestershire look so light at the minute. I was interested in watching Phil Jaques yesterday. He bagged a pair last week and looked like he was fighting his technique which isn't good for Worcester fans. But for Solanki and Moeen Ali they would have lost heavily at Surrey last week. This bowling attack, which will be without Gareth Andrew and Matt Mason still, looks way way too light to me barring something bizarre happening. Glamorgan will have teenage hotshot James Harris back and he's mostly the reason I'm backing them. He's a quality new ball bowler. David Harrison compliments them well. Mark Cosgrove is fiery with the bat and Powell, Rees and Wallace have begun the season well with the bat. When the wicket begins to take turn Dalrymple and Cosker have that base covered in a Dragons side which continues to improve week by week. Glamorgan just look a lot stronger to me. I've not even mentioned Jim Allenby yet he has the ability to be one of the better players in county cricket. I can't have this Worcestershire bowling attack. Bar Alan Richardson it's got no substance and if Jaques continues to struggle and Solanki or Moeen fail the batting is no better. Glamorgan aren't world beaters yet but they are a solid side who all know their roles and I think they are a cracking price to win this one.

'just' the 14pts staked? That some varied Kelly staking plan? Cant anyone serious who uses the word 'we' in a write up
Go to first couple of pages re 'staking plan'! We've had this discussion already... As for not taking Kevshat seriously for using 'we'?!?!... I think you'll find that'll work out to be your loss!

Go to first couple of pages re 'staking plan'! We've had this discussion already... As for not taking Kevshat seriously for using 'we'?!?!... I think you'll find that'll work out to be your loss!
Cheers mate. I'm gonna have to give you a job as my PA soon :lol. Only 2 days into this round of matches but we've got our 1st winner already. Glamorgan, who've been good to us so far, battered Worcestershire for a very nice and solid 5pt pickup. Warwickshire look in control against Hampshire but we need to do a bit of weather dodging to get that one in I think. Kent are struggling but bad weather is forecast up in Manchester on Friday so we might just get away with a draw there. Somerset vs Essex looks like a draw and a dodgy weather forecast probably makes sure of it. Hopefully Warwickshire can have a good day tomorrow and press for a win. It could all be worse, we could've followed the Racing Post with 1pt on Essex and on Worcestershire and already been 1pt down :lol.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 They're back on at Edgbaston. Warwickshire have bowled Hampshire out now and need 78 to win with 32 overs to get them in. Weather permitting. I'm reliably informed it's dark and gloomy over Edgbaston so whether we'll dodge the weather to get the runs in is a different thing entirely. I'd imagine we'll be seeing Neil Carter with a bat in his hand from the off to try and win it quickly :hope. Officially a draw at Old Trafford and will be a draw at Taunton so we'll get those stakes back. Guaranteed a 5pt profit and it's just whether Warwickshire can make it a very good week by chasing these runs down.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Warwickshire won which means both the 4pt bets won. Both 3pt bets were draws so we get the stakes back so the week ends with a 9.8pt profit which puts me up to +15.38pts for the Championship season ahead of the next round of matches. A very solid start to the season so far :dude.

Warwickshire won which means both the 4pt bets won. Both 3pt bets were draws so we get the stakes back so the week ends with a 9.8pt profit which puts me up to +15.38pts for the Championship season ahead of the next round of matches. A very solid start to the season so far :dude.
Must be luck... because you use such a dodgy staking plan... it couldn't possibly be anything else! BTW.... how much is the going rate for a PA :lol

Tuesday 4 May 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifYorkshire v Essex (11:00 BST)1.592.5102.89 %
maximize.gifHampshire v Nottinghamshire (11:00 BST)2.52.2584.44 %
maximize.gifKent v Warwickshire (11:00 BST)1.92.1100.00 %
maximize.gifLancashire v Somerset (11:00 BST)1.662.5100.00 %
Tuesday 4 May 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Worcestershire (11:00 BST)1.742.2102.93 %
maximize.gifSurrey v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST)1.92.1499.36 %
Wednesday 5 May 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifSussex v Middlesex (11:00 BST)1.43.5100.00 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 2 for me in this round of matches. Pretty shattered after a shitty, emotional day so no huge write up's but will put fair reasonings in. 3pts Warwickshire to beat Kent Evs Ladbrokes Warwickshire did us a favour when pinching a win over Hampshire last week so it's only fair we stick with them. Bell and Trott are standout performers but Woakes and Carter are on fire for the Bears. Kent are without a serious spinner in Tredwell and although Ntini's there I think Warks could edge this one. Warwickshire have already won at Canterbury in the CB40 and I see no reason why despite Kent's batting lineup, Warwickshire can't pick up back to back wins this week. 4pts Leicestershire to beat Worcestershire 8/11 Sportingbet I'm pretty much taking Worcestershire on at will so far this season but I'm happy to continue that here. I think Leicestershire are a good side. They won't be far away from that 2nd promotion spot when all is said and done while Worcester will be nowhere near. I don't really need to expand on why I'm taking Worcester on. I've commented on their side - or lack of one - enough this season already. Leicestershire have some good performers. Jefferson and McDonald with the bat and then there's the sure to be England player in young Taylor. With the ball, Hoggard is as good as there is at this level still and Buck is improving by the day. I think all round Leicestershire are the better side and I'm more than happy to take them to win here.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Leicestershire never really turned up which was disappointing but Warwickshire stole a win with a late Kent collapse so wasn't a disastrous week that it looked like it could've been at 4.00 today. Just the 1pt loss for the week which puts me back to +14.38 for the season. Next fixtures are on Monday after a couple of days of one day cricket.

• 2 weeks later...

Monday 17 May 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Hampshire (11:00 BST)1.453102.30 %
maximize.gifSomerset v Yorkshire (11:00 BST)2.11.9100.00 %
maximize.gifWarwickshire v Lancashire (11:00 BST)2.02299.50 %
maximize.gifKent v Durham (11:00 BST)2.251.67104.32 %
Monday 17 May 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifGlamorgan v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST)22.0299.50 %
maximize.gifSurrey v Middlesex (11:00 BST)2.11.9100.00 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Derbyshire (11:00 BST)22100.00 %
Tuesday 18 May 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifNorthamptonshire v Sussex (11:00 BST)31.44102.56 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Another round of matches begin tomorrow including a TV game which is Kent vs Durham. I'm taking one match bet now but looking at the odds, barring some really iffy team news I'll be back with a few more tomorrow. I'm also taking a top bat bet in the TV game which I'll do 1st. 1pt ew B.Stokes Top Durham Batsman (1st Inns Only) 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I first saw Ben Stokes in the under 19 world cup at the start of the year and he impressed me straight away. He's been given his chance in the Durham side this year and he's repayed them with solid runs already. He notched his 1st ton for Durham in the Championship last week in a losing effort to leaders Nottinghamshire but the fact he took on one of the best attacks in the country speaks volumes of the quality and temperament this youngster possesses. Durham's batting isn't firing on all cylinders yet and whatever has gone on behind the scenes which resulted in a captaincy change, can't be helping. I really like the look of this kid and feel he could be a real star in the making. With the ew terms on offer I'll take the under-19 starlet to top score for Durham here. 4pts Derbyshire to beat Worcestershire Evs Blue Square I still can't believe we're getting Evs on a good side against Worcestershire. To be fair Worcestershire beat Leicestershire last time out but Leicestershire haven't done a great deal for the form since, having lost to Scotland over the weekend. Derbyshire were walloped by Middlesex last time out but they were missing key players and walked into a rampant Steven Finn. Derbyshire sit 4th in the table and will want a win to push into the promotion mix with the two sides above them playing each other this week. Worcestershire will be without Moeen Ali this week as he's in the England Lions squad. He's easily been their best player this season. He's got 468 runs this season at an average of 78 so he's going to be a big loss to a side who lost a lot of talent over the off season. More pressure will be on the stuttering Jaques to perform. With the ball, Shantry is going well for the Pears but Derby bat a long way down. As always Chris Rogers is the key man for Derbyshire but Robin Peterson and Steffan Jones are big players to have back. Groenewald and Footitt make up a decent attack. Chesney Hughes continues to be spoken highly about by his coach and the likes of Smith, Madsen and Park are solid performers at this level. Worcestershire are losing a lot of runs with Ali's absence and Derbyshire have an attack to get rid of the rest. If they can get back to scoring some runs having been rolled over twice against Middlesex then I think the Falcons can pick up the win to shoot them right into the promotion mix.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 1.5pts e/w Darren Stevens top Kent Batsman (1st Innings Only) at 6/1 with Coral (1/5 1,2,3) After backing Stevens in a one-day game earlier this season, only for it to be rained off, i find myself looking at another price i think is a little big. He is Kent's top batsman in the 4-day format this year, averaging just over 60 in his 9 innings and, scoring 2 centuries and 2 half centuries in those 5 matches along with a 42* although the other 4 are fairly low. He also has a half century to his name from his 3 innings in one-day cricket this term. He is likely to come in at 6 or 7 but although there is a danger we could end up relying on the lower order batsman sticking around, should he look on course for a good score, he has the ability to score runs quickly too.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Was going to take him myself mate but I saw on Sky he may not be playing. 2 more for me. Been tied up with something unforeseen this morning so apologies for the short notice. No big write up's because the toss's are soon. 3pts Lancashire to beat Warwickshire Evs Skybet As I predicted at the start of the season, Lancashire are right in the mix while Warwickshire are in mid table. Warwickshire will be without young starlet Chris Woakes who is with the England Lions this week. Boyd Rankin could come in for him. Lancashire will be without Kyle Hogg but Sajid Mahmood is an even better replacement. If he can get a flight home Jimmy Anderson will replace someone when he is back in the country for Lancs which is a further boost. With Moore, Horton and Prince in good nick with the bat against a Warwickshire side who still rely a lot on Bell and Trott with the bat I think the Lancs attack can deal with that threat to win this one. 3pts Middlesex to beat Surrey 10/11 Boylesports Middlesex have a decent side out at the minute with Strauss and Shah supporting Malan with the bat while O'Brien, Murtagh and hopefully Steven Finn provide a very stern test with the ball. Surrey will be without Steven Davies who is with the Lions this week and their big runscorer Ramprakash hasn't fired yet. Even with Andre Nel in the attack it's not as good as Middlesex's. Middlesex battered a Derbyshire side who I think will be right up there this season, last week so with that form behind them I'll take Shaun Udal's men to beat their London rivals.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Adding one more now I've seen Stevens isn't playing. I think this market goes in play so no huge rush to get on. 3pts Durham 1st Inns Lead 8/11 William Hill With Darren Stevens missing from this Kent batting lineup, the Spitfires batting looks a bit thin, particularly if Steve Harmison does some damage for Durham at the top. Northeast has huge potential but he and Alex Blake are fairly young and look exposed at 5 and 6. Azhar's hit and miss at 7 and then there's a long tail. Durham bat a lot deeper than that with Harmison and Clayton more than handy users of the bat at the bottom. Durham have a better bowling attack for me and as long as new captain Mustard gets his fields right then I think Durham will lead this one at half time.

Ah well' date=' never saw it on sky, was looking around on other sites and never saw any mention. Good luck with your bets :ok[/quote'] I was looking around as well mate but couldn't find anything regarding an injury and Kent hadn't put their squad on their website which is unusual for them and annoying for us. Given that I couldn't see any confirmation and that he played in the CB game yesterday I waited and had to take the 8/11 rather than the 10/11 that was on offer last night :sad.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Decent enough start to the week for me. Barring something extraordinary, Ben Stokes will bring in the 13/2 top bat. Durham are 77 behind with 4 wickets left so have every chance of claiming a 1st innings lead while Lancashire are as good as in with a 380 run lead having bowled Warwickshire out for just over 100 1st time round. Middlesex's game looks like it's heading for a draw but annoyingly I've walked into a rare Worcestershire big innings. Nevertheless, the signs are ok for a solid profit on the week so far. Finishing the week with one more. 4pts Kent vs Durham - Lay Draw 1.45 Betfair After 2 days of this interesting County Championship match Kent lead Durham by 77 runs with Durham having 4 1st innings wickets left. I think the draw is a pretty small price here really. But for Rob Key, Kent's 1st innings would've been over for 200 runs really rather than the 424 they actually made. Durham have got a decent bowling attack, as have the hosts and I think there's a strong chance that day 4 could see Durham chasing somewhere in the 250-270 region to win this. Ferley and van Jaarsveld are capable of taking wickets on the 4th day but equally Durham have the sufficient firepower to chase down a score, as they showed on the last day against Hampshire earlier in the season. That's not to say the likes of Harmison, Clayton and Rushworth can't run through Kent 2nd time round. The new rules of not allowing a heavy roller after the matches have started this year has had a huge effect on results so far in the Championship and I think that's being underrated with this price. There's still 192 overs left in this match and I think that's more than enough time to find a result. At the price, and the game situation I'm more than happy to risk 1.8pts with the belief we'll get a result at some point in the next two days.

Decent enough start to the week for me. Barring something extraordinary, Ben Stokes will bring in the 13/2 top bat. Durham are 77 behind with 4 wickets left so have every chance of claiming a 1st innings lead while Lancashire are as good as in with a 380 run lead having bowled Warwickshire out for just over 100 1st time round. Middlesex's game looks like it's heading for a draw but annoyingly I've walked into a rare Worcestershire big innings. Nevertheless, the signs are ok for a solid profit on the week so far. Finishing the week with one more. 4pts Kent vs Durham - Lay Draw 1.45 Betfair After 2 days of this interesting County Championship match Kent lead Durham by 77 runs with Durham having 4 1st innings wickets left. I think the draw is a pretty small price here really. But for Rob Key, Kent's 1st innings would've been over for 200 runs really rather than the 424 they actually made. Durham have got a decent bowling attack, as have the hosts and I think there's a strong chance that day 4 could see Durham chasing somewhere in the 250-270 region to win this. Ferley and van Jaarsveld are capable of taking wickets on the 4th day but equally Durham have the sufficient firepower to chase down a score, as they showed on the last day against Hampshire earlier in the season. That's not to say the likes of Harmison, Clayton and Rushworth can't run through Kent 2nd time round. The new rules of not allowing a heavy roller after the matches have started this year has had a huge effect on results so far in the Championship and I think that's being underrated with this price. There's still 192 overs left in this match and I think that's more than enough time to find a result. At the price, and the game situation I'm more than happy to risk 1.8pts with the belief we'll get a result at some point in the next two days.
I think that might be the first time i've seen you use betfair??

I think that might be the first time i've seen you use betfair??
You could well be right mate. I tend to use betfair for laying things more than backing things. Sometimes the price is sufficiently higher to back with but often the side markets I bet in don't have much liquidity and I try not to tip on here on things that others can't get on (obviously you've seen sometimes the price goes with bookies when I tip something but there's usually a fall back price elsewhere which isn't there with betfair). I don't lay things too much but there are times like this when the price is too low so I'll lay things like this but it's rare I use betfair on the whole :ok.

looks like a great lay Kev' date=' Kent demolished today haha :ok[/quote'] Great call on Stokes.... AND Laying the draw... its now trading @ 210 from the 1.42 i laid at!! Just locked the profit in, incase we get no result tonight a days solid rain tomorrow :ok

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 No chance of a day's rain tomorrow. It'll be done and dusted by lunch. I expected a result but I'm not sure I expected the draw to be trading over 200 from 1.45 in the space of a day :lol. The Stokes top bat came in but unfortunately Durham were 6 runs short in the 1st innings :wall:wall. Lancashire should complete a victory over Warwickshire tomorrow while Middlesex and Derbyshire will be fighting for a draw. Assuming the Durham game sees a result then with the Stokes top bat a profit will be secured regardless of the other results.