** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: County Championship 2010

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Both those matches were draws.

Thursday 29 July 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifHampshire v Lancashire (11:00 BST)2.21.8101.01 %
maximize.gifKent v Essex (11:00 BST)2.251.8498.79 %
maximize.gifSomerset v Nottinghamshire (11:00 BST)2.11.85101.67 %
Thursday 29 July 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Sussex (11:00 BST)2.621.61100.00 %
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Surrey (11:00 BST)2.21.8101.01 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Northamptonshire (11:00 BST)2.11.9100.25 %
Friday 30 July 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifGloucestershire v Glamorgan (11:00 BST)1.92102.38 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 2 for me this week so far. 3pts Nottinghamshire to beat Somerset 5/6 Ladbrokes Nottinghamshire go to Taunton knowing they need a win here to keep the pressure up on Yorkshire. Somerset are there or thereabouts but I don't think they are good enough to win the Championship this season. This is a dress rehearsal for the 2nd twenty20 semi final so this is sure to be a fiercely contested match. With Darren Pattinson and Ryan Sidebottom opening the bowling and the likes of Patel, Franks and Adams backing them up I think the Outlaws have a solid attack which a batting lineup consisting the ultra talented Mark Wagh and David Hussey can form a winning foundation from. Somerset will score runs all day but I still have doubts about them taking 20 wickets in the match. Notts are the better all round balanced side of the two here and although this is something of a bogey ground for them, I still think Read's men can win this one. 4pts Surrey to beat Middlesex 4/5 Skybet Surrey walloped Northants last time out and that should give them plenty of confidence going into a local derby with a very weakened Middlesex. With Strauss, Morgan and Finn off with England this Middlesex side looks very weak, particularly with the bat. At the start of the season they had plenty of problems scoring runs and that looks like continuing here. Surrey have no such problems and I think their attack can enjoy getting stuck in here. In an ideal world Andre Nel would be fit but we can't have everything. I still feel the likes of Tremlett, Linley and Dernbach will be good enough to bowl Middlesex out cheaply and in Davies, Hamilton-Brown and Ramprakash, the Lions have 3 very much in form batsmen to lead them to the victory I expect them to pick up here.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010

Tuesday 3 August 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifHampshire v Durham (11:00 BST)2.21.83100.00 %
maximize.gifKent v Somerset (11:00 BST)2.51.66100.00 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Nottinghamshire (11:00 BST)2.21.8699.22 %
Wednesday 4 August 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifEssex v Warwickshire (11:00 BST)1.662.5100.00 %
Tuesday 3 August 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Derbyshire (11:00 BST)1.672.37101.99 %
Wednesday 4 August 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifGloucestershire v Worcestershire (11:00 BST)1.662.25104.44 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 One for me on Tuesday. 3pts Yorkshire to beat Nottinghamshire 6/5 Stan James What a cracking game of cricket we're going to have here. 1st host 2nd in the table in a defining match in this season's County Championship. Yorkshire lead the Outlaws by 1pt coming into this week but they'll know Notts have a game in hand so Yorkshire could really do with winning this. A win for Notts puts them in a cracking position to finally get their title back so it's bound to be a very high quality 4 days at Headingley. Yorkshire look set to be without Tim Bresnan as he's away with England although if he gets dropped from the squad early enough in this match he will be able to play. Ajmal Shahzad has been given permission to play by England and that will boost the Yorkshire attack. Adam Lyth has been in rich form all summer while Rudolph, Gale and McGrath are all solid batsmen. Jonathan Bairstow is making a name for himself with the bat too. Nottinghamshire will have Ryan Sidebottom in their ranks in this match but as I did in the twenty20, I still worry about Nottinghamshire's batting lineup. Ok Chris Read is a lot more likely to bail them out in this but this isn't a top 6 brimming with runs and to be shot out twice on a batsman friendly wicket at Taunton last week won't have helped confidence. Charlie Shreck and Darren Pattinson, on the ground of his only test cap, will lead the attack with Sidebottom. Nottinghamshire come into this match off the back of a thrashing by Somerset. Whether there was the effect of different captains I'm not sure but their players wouldn't be human if they didn't have one eye on the Rose Bowl next Saturday. Yorkshire have eyes only for this competition, they are playing outstandingly good cricket in this competition and with home advantage and a stronger batting lineup I favour the leaders to extend their lead at the top by winning this one.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Having seen the team news I'm going with one more. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Leicestershire 11/8 Skybet Derbyshire come into this game bottom of the table but this is a pretty congested league and if they can put a couple of wins together they can be right back in the promotion mix. Leicestershire are poised for a promotion push but could've done without an innings defeat to runaway leaders Sussex last week. Derbyshire drew with Worcester last week which wasn't an ideal result either but that was rain affected. To add a little spice to things this is a nice East Midlands derby too. Leicestershire will be without two key players in Will Jefferson and Andrew McDonald. That severely damages a far from watertight batting lineup. With the ball, Hoggard is class there's no doubt about that and Buck will be a good bowler for years to come but Andrew McDonald's loss will be felt there too. Henderson will now be key with his left arm spin. Matthew Boyce will replace Jefferson at the top of the order. Derbyshire on paper look to have a decent enough side. Rogers, their skipper, is often a run machine and in Madsen, Smith and Park they have other solid batsmen. Groenewald, Jones and Footitt are a decent seam attack for this level and in Robin Peterson they have a very solid, experienced, all rounder. I don't think there's a huge amount between these two sides and the injuries to Jefferson and McDonald make that even more so the case. Derbyshire are a good 4 day side when they put it all together and now the twenty20 is out of the system I think they'll go well again in 4 day cricket and would expect them to win this.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 On the bright side though, rain is forecast for Leeds tomorrow if Yorkshire can take it that far. We've been a bit unlucky for Warwickshire to get Essex on a seamers paradise in Southend rather than a spinners dream in Chelmsford. Saying that, Tahir's only 2 behind Rashid and Rashid's not likely to bowl much again in this game whereas Tahir's guaranteed to bowl again this week (unless Essex are skittled again). Another bright spot is this Jones ton has taken him to the top of the wicket keeper run chart and his main contender - Read - doesn't look like having a 2nd innings :ok.

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Jones 178 means that he's now 74 ahead of Chris Read in that market after the 1st innings of this set of matches. Read won't bat again in this match and Jones probably will weather permitting so we're in a very good position there :hope.

Monday 9 August 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLancashire v Durham (11:00 BST)1.92102.38 %
maximize.gifSomerset v Hampshire (11:00 BST)1.612.5101.90 %
Monday 9 August 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDerbyshire v Northamptonshire (11:00 BST)2.51.66100.00 %
maximize.gifGlamorgan v Worcestershire (11:00 BST)1.612.62100.00 %
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Leicestershire (11:00 BST)1.922102.08 %
maximize.gifSurrey v Sussex (11:00 BST)2.621.6100.36 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 2 for me this week. 3pts Lancashire to beat Durham 10/11 Boylesports Lancashire and Durham are perennial title challengers however this year that's different. Durham are struggling at the foot of the table and with an inexperienced captain in charge and in great danger of relegation. Lancashire, still unbeaten in the Championship this season have an outside chance of the title but need a win here having drawn 7 matches already. In the reverse fixture, Lancashire were on top of Durham but were denied by the rain. Lancashire have named the same side who drew with Hampshire last time out. Kyle Hogg will travel with the squad as 12th man. That means Shivnerine Chanderpaul will continue in the middle order against his old side. Stephen Moore remains absent from the batting lineup so Horton, Smith and Croft forn the rest of the top order. Glen Chapple has been in excellent form with the ball while Smith and Saj Mahmood help him with the ball. Gary Keedy is one of the best spinners in the county game. Durham will have Michael di Venuto at the top of the order and will be pleased to have Ian Blackwell back among the wickets and runs. Gordon Muchall scored a ton last week and could keep his place. One man who will miss out is seamer Callum Thorp who went lame against Hampshire last week. Steve Harmison plays though as does Scott Borthwick after the leggie has recovered from a finger injury. Mustard continues to skipper the side. Durham have the personnel to win this title again so why they are languishing at the bottom end of the table is anyone's guess. Injuries to the bowling attack certainly hasn't helped but I can't help but feel the captaincy change has something to do with it. I've not seen Durham too often this season but Mustard hasn't convinced me as captain at all. Lancashire are going along nicely, they've drawn too many matches but there's no reason why they can't win here. Durham only finished a 40 over match at 6.30 tonight and they need to get up to Manchester for an 11.00 start tomorrow. Confidence looks low at Durham so I'll take Lancashire to push them further closer to relegation by winning this one. 3pts Leicestershire to beat Middlesex Evs Paddy Power Leicestershire are slowly launching a solid promotion campaign under Matthew Hoggard but they've played a game more than everyone else in the mix so they know a win here is a must. Middlesex have been up and down like a yoyo this season and are another who may be feeling the heat of an inexperienced captain. The 1st meeting between these two was rain affected and ended in a draw. Middlesex have Owais Shah available to them but his 1st class record this season is awful. Dawid Malan is going better and it may be that he has to carry the batting. Newman, Simpson and Dexter make up the rest of the batting. Middlesex have better options with the ball. Murtagh, Collins, Roland-Jones and Udal form a solid attack with Dexter able to back them up. Steve Finn, Andrew Strauss and Eoin Morgan remain away with England. Leicestershire will be without Andrew McDonald now as he's been ruled out for the season. James Taylor, Paul Nixon, Matt Boyce and Tom New are all good batsmen at this level though. Matthew Hoggard continues to lead this pace attack by example and in Nathan Buck and Nadeem Malik he's got 2 very solid colleagues. Claude Henderson should really come into his own at this stage of the season too which should be a real boost to the Foxes. While Middlesex's bowlers were getting taken apart by Jon Lewis at Cheltenham, Leicestershire had the foresight to rest their attack at Canterbury, apart from Matthew Hoggard. The Foxes should be a lot fresher than their Panthers counterparts and with a good away record and the boost that playing at the home of cricket gives a visiting side, I think Hoggard's men are decent value to pick up the win to keep them in the promotion hunt.

Monday 16 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Durham v Yorkshire (11:00 BST) 2.44 1.81 2.24 140.88 %
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Warwickshire (11:00 BST) 1.77 1.85 3.65 137.95 %
Monday 16 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Middlesex (11:00 BST) 1.75 1.81 2.5 152.39 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST) 1.95 1.81 2.2 151.99 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Surrey (11:00 BST) 2.3 1.86 1.9 149.87 %

Monday 16 August 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Durham v Yorkshire (11:00 BST) 1.9 2 102.38 %
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Warwickshire (11:00 BST) 1.41 3.25 101.69 %
Wednesday 18 August 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Essex v Somerset (11:00 BST) 2.37 1.57 105.74 %
maximize.gif Kent v Lancashire (11:00 BST) 2.1 1.72 105.51 %
Monday 16 August 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Middlesex (11:00 BST) 1.61 2.5 101.90 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Gloucestershire (11:00 BST) 1.8 2.2 101.01 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Surrey (11:00 BST) 2.1 1.84 101.97 %
Wednesday 18 August 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Sussex v Derbyshire (11:00 BST) 1.36 3 106.67 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 One for Monday's matches for me. One loss and a rain denied win last week. 3pts Yorkshire to beat Durham Evs Stan James I took Durham on last week and lost but I still don't believe they've completely turned the corner so I'm happy to take them on again here with the long time leaders Yorkshire. Both sides are now in the mix for the title but the losers here can kiss goodbye to their chances. Yorkshire drew with Notts last time out while Durham beat Lancashire last week. Durham will be without Kyle Coetzer who has been ruled out for the season with a stress fracture. He hasn't been playing much this season anyway in all fairness. Steve Harmison looks like a huge doubt with the ball as he's got an ankle injury. Chris Rushworth won't be his replacement having done his webbing in on his bowling hand. Michael di Venuto was excellent in the win over Lancashire last week but the Dynamo's will need more from their bowling attack this week against a very good Yorkshire outfit. Yorkshire will have Ajmal Shahzad and Tim Bresnan available to them for this match, although Bresnan could miss some of Tuesday should England call him down to The Oval as a precaution. Andrew Gale leads the side and his batting lineup - including 3 of the top 5 runscorers in the division this season in Adam Lyth, Jacques Rudolph and Anthony McGrath. Gale's bowling attack, as well as Bresnan and Shahzad will also have Adil Rashid in it's ranks. Only Imran Tahir has more wickets in the Championship this season than Rashid. Durham had a good win over Lancashire last week but Lancashire batted poorly twice. Yorkshire's batting depth ensures that's not likely to happen this week and with 3 international bowlers in their ranks they'll be able to trouble the Durham batsmen to the full. Yorkshire had much the better of the 1st meeting between these two sides in the Championship this season and I think they've done enough this season and have a strong enough side to warrant being taken at Evens to win this week.

Monday 23 August 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Yorkshire v Hampshire (11:00 BST) 1.53 2.75 101.58 %
Tuesday 24 August 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Lancashire (11:00 BST) 1.61 2.25 106.35 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Durham (11:00 BST) 1.8 2.2 101.01 %
Tuesday 24 August 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Surrey (11:00 BST)1.722.25102.34 %
Wednesday 25 August 2010HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifDerbyshire v Middlesex (11:00 BST)2.11.72105.51 %
maximize.gifNorthamptonshire v Worcestershire (11:00 BST)2.11.8103.17 %

Re: Cricket: County Championship 2010 Have updated the previous post with the division 2 odds. 2 for me tomorrow. 3pts Lancashire to beat Nottinghamshire 13/10 Bet365 Big match in the Championship is this. Nottinghamshire will be looking to extend their lead at the top while nothing less than a win will keep Lancashire in the title hunt. A draw leaves them with the slenderest of hopes but a defeat ends all chance. Nottinghamshire aren't the best finishers of a Championship season so the nerves could be coming along now. Really big match. Nottinghamshire, as at the weekend, will be without an overseas player for this match which means no replacement for David Hussey. Mark Wagh comes back into the 4 day side and he's a batsman I really rate but this Outlaws batting lineup still looks way too light for me. You can't argue with a bowling attack consisting of Sidebottom, Adams and Pattinson but you've still got to score runs. Lancashire aren't the most free flowing side when it comes to run scoring but in Shiverine Chanderpaul they have a real class act to bat around. Paul Horton, Tom Smith, Mark Chilton and Luke Sutton can all dig in while Croft is batting well. Stephen Moore is still sidelined. Glen Chapple only has Rashid and Imran Tahir ahead of him in the wicket taking column this season while Mahmood, Hogg and Smith can all keep it tight and bowl sides out. Gary Keedy remains one of the best spinners in the country. Lancashire are always tough to beat. They don't lose many but draw an awful lot. However with the likely conditions on a Trent Bridge wicket I expect a result in this game and with the lack of quality in Notts' batting lineup I'll take the Lightning to lob a spanner in the works by winning here and opening this title race wide open. 4pts Leicestershire to beat Surrey 8/11 William Hill I really like Leicestershire here. There's a massive fight for 2nd place going on and Leicestershire are clinging onto the coat tails. Surrey are going nowhere and only have one behind them in the table. Leicestershire have only been beaten by Sussex since the Championship returned regularly which is decent enough form coming in and they played very well at The Oval earlier in the season against the same opponents. Will Jefferson could return for the hosts in this match. James Taylor will carry a lot of the batting hopes but Matt Boyce, Tom New and Paul Nixon can all score runs. Matthew Hoggard looks set to be fit to lead the side and Nadeem Malik and Nathan Buck should lead the attack alongside him. Claude Henderson is always tough to play at this stage of the season. Leicestershire rested their attack at Scotland so they'll be fresh coming into this. Surrey know they can't go anywhere in this competition so they are playing a few youngsters in the game. The likes of Ramprakash, Davies, Tremlett and Batty will form the spine of the side but there's no Andre Nel or Usman Afzaal in the squad which shows Chris Adams' way of thinking. Tom Lancefield looks a good talent and the Lions will hope the young bowlers step up to the plate. Leicestershire are going well at the minute and need a win here to stay in the promotion mix. Tremlett and maybe Batty aside this Surrey attack looks very weak. Take Davies and Ramprakash out and the batting isn't the most consistent either. Leicestershire aren't masters of either facet but they bat consistently and bowl tight and I think they'll win this.