** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 31st of March

Re: Champions League 31st of March My poetic licence taking there Jase , used to empazise a point i didn't mean to mislead anyone by it , im not a stats man myself. Anyway , over 3.5 goals currently stands at around 15\8 . Usually this market stands between 5\2 and 4\1 so the bookies are worried about it , If both managers stay true then in theory this bet has a decent chance

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 31st of March

Don't think the United and Chelsea games have any bearing here. They both played counter-attacking football against us, sat deep with numbers and broke with pace. That is not how Barca play at all......they could but it's not in their nature to do it.
Are we on about the same Man u game here ? Man united didnt sit deep at all from the start they played with intent and played Arsenal of the park .

Barcalona are a better team than Chelsea and Man Utd in my eyes . They have quality all over pitch and beat both United & Chelsea in champs league last year . Man utd and Chelsea have both been to Arsenal this year and won with ease both scoring 3 goals at emirates .
Please don't fall into the trap of 'Team X beat team Y and we all know Z is better than X'. Bookies love it, it blinds a punter to the more careful and considered analysis that will actually get them results more often than not. Yes, Chelsea beat Arsenal twice this season convincingly. They're a physical side with plenty of pace and power and who usually attack through the middle. In Drogba they have perhaps the most able target man in Europe, who's size and strength crushes the more technical speedy central defenders that Arsene has come to largely deploy. Combine this with Arsenal's emphasis on attack and slight naivety defending and you have the reason why they don't get much luck against them. But here's the kicker, Barcelona are no different. They play a similar style to Arsenal with a shade more technique but less speed and fitness. Chelsea did a number on Barca as well the last time they met, so you shouldn't use this as evidence to tomorrow's outcome. Man united however are a different story and a lot more credible to use for a prediction, but considering it took a diaby own goal and a penalty for them to beat Arsenal at home, where they largely got outplayed it's probably a lot more reasonable to think that both are actually quite evenly matched. In fact I having watched the match would say it was really Arsenal who gifted United the win at the Emirates recently.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Arsenal v Barca is going to a super game to watch for the neutral fan and a match with a few goals given both teams are not the best at the back. Having watched a lot of Barcelona matches recently I really do feel that Arsenal can get at least a draw from this match and cause Barca some real problems at the back. Arsenal should watch the video from the recent A Madird match. They didn't give barca any time on the ball, closed them down quickly and broke quickly on the counter attack. Arsenal have some fantastic players who break very quickly and they will IMO cause Barca some real headaches at the back. I think overall it may be best to watch this one in play before betting.

Bendtner has 4 goals in 11 league games and 4 goals in 5 Champions League games, so if you were basing it on goals/game then Bendtners doesnt work out that much worse than Ibra. You think Barca are the right price at 13/10? Considering they've only won 1 of their last 7 away European games? Ok, fair enough the rest were draws, but they're not exactly as invinvible as many are making out. Arsenal on the other hand, have only lost 1 European home game since 2004, and that came against United when we were already chasing the lead and had a team weaker than the one we have today. I think we match them in many areas of the pitch, and I'm sure Wenger will have a plan for Messi (I know plans don't always work, especially when dealing with the best player in the world). I think Barca may be suprised by the intensity of our game. The English game is a lot quicker than the Spanish, there's a lot more closing down and there's a lot less time on the ball. It will be interesting to see how Barca cope with that, and the fact that we also like to keep a fair amount of possession ourselves. The fact that both teams play practically exactly the same formation is interesting aswell. Will having two wide players (probably Arshavin and Nasri) mean that Alvez and Maxwell won't be able to get forward as much? Especially in the home game anyway. Anyway, this is how I expect both teams to line up; Almunia Eboue - Campbell - Vermaelen - Clichy Song Fabregas - Denilson/Diaby Nasri - Bendtner - Arshavin ----- Valdez Alvez - Puyol - Pique - Maxwell Busquets Xavi - Toure Messi - Ibrahimovic - Pedro We're 21/10 at most places now, that is waaaay too generous, as is the 7/1! on Bendtner first scorer. Not that I'm complaining.
Look at those teams again. How many Arsenal players will get into the Barca side? Arshavin and Fabregas. That's it. Yet you're supremely confident, I cant fathom it! As they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Arsenal v Barcelona Arsenal (+0.25) @ 1.90 Bet365 A very interesting match and one which will hopefully live upto the promise. Undoubtley in my eyes at least the two most entertaining club teams in Europe. Both teams are untouchable when in top form, I would argue that on the balance of things Barcelona have a stronger team. Barcelona are packed with superstars throughout the team (especially in attacking areas) whereas Arsenal have a younger but still very taleneted side. Can't help but think Arsenal are over-priced in this game, I'd say this game is very equal whne you take into account it's at the Emirates. Barcelona weren't that impressive in the first leg of the last round away at Stuttgart and a similiarly performance here and Arsenal coudl capitalise. It's vital however that Arsenal get off to a good start, they tend to go over attackive when falling behind and concede goals on the break, see home games Vs Chelsea and Mna Utd for examples this season. It should be a totally different game to the Chelsea/Barca ties last season which was Barca's attack against Chelseas couter-attack for the large part. It's not in Arsenal's nature to sit back and soak up pressure which Chelsea very nearly did successfully against Barca. It should be an end-to-end game almost more like a South Americian style game than a European one. I'm taking Arsenal (+0.25) at a decent looking 1.90, I think the most likely outcome is a score draw but Arsenal are more than capable of taking a lead into the second leg.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Since we had so much success with the corners today, let's have a look at tomorrow's match-up. The handicap has been placed at 0. [oposition :: corners :: (score)] Scores and corners will always be Arse/Barca first. Arsenal's last 10 at home: West Ham :: 4-2 :: (2-0) Burnley :: 8-2 :: (3-1) Sunderland :: 7-1 :: (2-0) Liverpool :: 3-6 :: (1-0) Man Utd :: 8-5 :: (1-3) Bolton :: 9-3 :: (4-2) Everton :: 6-8 :: (2-2) Aston Villa :: 10-4 :: (3-0) Hull :: 8-0 :: (3-0) Stoke :: 10-2 :: (2-0) Barcelona's last 10 away Mallorca (a) :: 8-4 :: (1-0) Zaragoza (a) :: 6-7 :: (4-2) Almeira (a) :: 5-5 :: (2-2) Atl Madrid (a) :: 7-5 :: (1-2) Gijon (a) :: 10-2 :: (1-0) Valladolid :: 5-5 :: (3-0) Tenerife :: 1-3 :: (5-0) La Coruna :: 9-1 :: (3-1) Xerex :: 9-3 :: (2-0) Ath Bilbato :: 7-5 (1-1) Barca are far weaker in this field away from home, failing to beat Zaragoza, Almeira, Valladolid and Tenerife. They have, however, beaten the teams from the top 10 (Mallorca, Atl Madrid, Deportivo, Bilbao), most likely due to them not being allowed to hold on to the ball and keep it like they do versus the lesser teams. Arsenal are definately a top 10 team. Arsenals efforts against the top 10 isn't as impressive, losing to Liverpool and Everton, and conceding a lot of corners to United who normally only get very few when in front. They did beat Villa 10-4, but the Villains were dire that night if I remember correctly. I prefer Barca to win the corners, but will only be betting small stakes if anythiing.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Iniesta will be a massive miss for Barca but i feel that they will still come out on top over the 2 legs. I think they will target Campbell tomorrow night by trying to get a run at him one on one, so his performance will be crucial.

Look at those teams again. How many Arsenal players will get into the Barca side? Arshavin and Fabregas. That's it. Yet you're supremely confident' date=' I cant fathom it! As they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.[/quote'] I don't think Arshavin would actually, Nasri maybe but Arshavin is too inconsistant. If you honestly wan't me to combine the best team out of the two it would be; Valdez Alvez - Pique - Vermaelen - Clichy Song Fabregas - Xavi Messi - Ibrahimovic - Nasri So all in all about half and half. EDIT: By the way, Gallas is in the squad and Wenger has said he has a decent chance of starting. Would be great news if so.

Please don't fall into the trap of 'Team X beat team Y and we all know Z is better than X'. Bookies love it, it blinds a punter to the more careful and considered analysis that will actually get them results more often than not. Yes, Chelsea beat Arsenal twice this season convincingly. They're a physical side with plenty of pace and power and who usually attack through the middle. In Drogba they have perhaps the most able target man in Europe, who's size and strength crushes the more technical speedy central defenders that Arsene has come to largely deploy. Combine this with Arsenal's emphasis on attack and slight naivety defending and you have the reason why they don't get much luck against them. But here's the kicker, Barcelona are no different. They play a similar style to Arsenal with a shade more technique but less speed and fitness. Chelsea did a number on Barca as well the last time they met, so you shouldn't use this as evidence to tomorrow's outcome. Man united however are a different story and a lot more credible to use for a prediction, but considering it took a diaby own goal and a penalty for them to beat Arsenal at home, where they largely got outplayed it's probably a lot more reasonable to think that both are actually quite evenly matched. In fact I having watched the match would say it was really Arsenal who gifted United the win at the Emirates recently.
I stated the fact they lost to Man U an Chelsea at home already because everyear they seem to be unable to preform and pick up results against the better teams . That is why they wont win title for a couple of years as they can not get results against the better teams . Its not a coincedence it is either the players choke or Arsen Wenger can not get tactics write for these big games we see it every year .

Let's start with Arsenal - Barcelona game ... I'm staying away from this game ... It could even end up 0-0 ... the way I look at it yes Barca are the favourites but I've watched a few games of Barcelona away ... They do not try hard and they do not seem that desperate .. The way i see it they know they'll beat the team @ home anyway so they don't hustle that much ' date=' and [i']this pep guardiola guy is not that good @ coaching either ... he keeps shuffling players too much .. They way Frank Rijkaard created this team WON all the cups LAST YEAR .. but if u keep shuffling players u won't get as much profit as last year ... as Arsenal yes they have been very good this year , but when they faced big guns ( in Prem. Leag.) they lost ... These 2 teams are the teams that have the most possession in Champ. leag. , now that iniesta is out ... who is going to be Xavi's partner ... As for Arsenal they like to keep the possession just like Barcelona they do play " As I call it beautiful football ... and yet I still do not trust Arsenal .. I feel like I'm betting on Ac. Milan or Bayern of course Arsenal are better than those two ... Barcelona might play for the draw as they do not like to show real Barcelona on away games ... and arsenal have problems winning against top teams . My suggestion would be wait for the game watch the first 15 min. then do live betting .. Inter - CSKA Moscow .... Cska Moscow is a really good team .. home and away .. but I do not give them any chance at all .. after so many years Inter trying to reach finals they have finally done it .. They've done in in style by eliminating CHELSEA one of the main favourites ... Inter are a better team than Cska in every department .. Inter are not helpless Sevilla ... and most importantly INTER have the special one .. They 've got the chance of their lives ... the reach semi finals they have the weakest team !!! I'm sure Mourinho will make good use of it .. and finish off CSKA in ITALY .. INTER to WiN 10/10 INTER to Win to Nil 7/10 Inter -1 7/10
What planet are you coming from? Who are you? Are you drunk? :spank

I stated the fact they lost to Man U an Chelsea at home already because everyear they seem to be unable to preform and pick up results against the better teams . That is why they wont win title for a couple of years as they can not get results against the better teams . Its not a coincedence it is either the players choke or Arsen Wenger can not get tactics write for these big games we see it every year .
Arsenal last season beat both Utd & Chelsea and only lost once to a top 4 rival. And this is in a season where the majority of Arsenal fans agree was the worst under Wenger entire stewardship. Contrast this with United, who had the worst head to head record against the other Top 4 clubs - they however still won the league. Why? Because a League title depends on consistency above all else - not the relatively few 'show biz' matches against the other big fish. And finally, no I can't agree with you on Arsenal won't win the title in the next few years either. They're actually favourites to win it in my eyes seeing as compared to the other members of the big 3 they won't need the large scale restructuring thanks to aging squads. The only caveat of course, is that they largely retain the team they have now and build on top.

Re: Champions League 31st of March I don't rate Iniesta as a massive loss. His absence is important, no doubt, but I believe Xavi is the real heart of the team. On the other hand, I think Guardiola has more concerns regarding the defensive system of the team, especially on the left side where Maxwell replaces Abidal and this is a blow in my opinion. Secondly, I don't believe there is a big difference between these 2 teams in terms of speed, technique and pace. Still the physical aspect may separate them, the English side beeing more accustomed to it. It will be interesting to watch the encounter as we have 2 teams with quite the same philosophy and style of play (try to guess who will have the more ball possesion). Nevertheless, it is difficult to make a prediction here in terms of 1X2, any outcome beeing possible. I would personally stay away from it or try other types of bets like corner or goal handicaps, scorers etc. Should you search for a value bet thinking the hosts are underpriced and the real chances of winning the match are 50/50%, you may take Arsenal then. Goodluck whatever you choose.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Going to Inter-CSKA. Now this is an insult. 1.40 for the hosts? I know Inter eliminated Chelsea, but this match is another story. Just look at the difference between Bayern-Fiorentina and Bayern-United and you will get my point. I don't say Inter are not favorites here, but CSKA should have been given more respect as we agreed all teams left in this stage of competition had quality. This game deserves further study.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Barcelona WIN - it will be a easy game for barca, on weekend everybody said they wont beat mallorca and what they did they didnt just win the game they dominated whole game and mallorca won 12 games at their field..... people dont realize how badly arsenal will miss gallas and they might play without fabregas too.... on the other side barca will only miss iniesta.... messi and ibra will destroy arsenal...

Barcelona WIN - it will be a easy game for barca' date=' on weekend everybody said they wont beat mallorca and what they did they didnt just win the game they dominated whole game and mallorca won 12 games at their field..... people dont realize how badly arsenal will miss gallas and they might play without fabregas too.... on the other side barca will only miss iniesta.... messi and ibra will destroy arsenal...[/quote'] No need to point at any domestic game IMO - what's the game away to Mallorca got to do with a CL quarter in 2 legs?

I really don't wanna bet this game :unsure I smell over 2.5 goals but price is quite short
Price too short for an Over? But you feel it will be Over? Either go for it or: -- First Half Goal Line @ 1,80 for Over 1 Goal ; -- More Goals in the Second Half @ 2,10 ; -- in-play until it gets high enough for you, but then you will be missing parts of what I see as the most exciting quarter, plus with these two you never know - there will be so much attacking quality on the pitch that the Lyon story tonight might as well repeat... The defensive problems ( or the lack of them ) should dominate the analysis of this game. Fabregas was badly missed by all punters here (including myself) before the game vs Porto, yet I saw a great performance by Arsenal. Iniesta? Well, this won't be the first game this Season he is out, yet Barca are joint top in Spain and among the favourites to win CL again. Iniesta also missed a few last Season, yet Barca won everything important. In short - big Clubs deal better when such players are missing, it is coping with important defenders out what matters at this level...IMO ;) P.S. With all this in mind I am taking Over 2,75 Goals @ 2,05 with bet365 - I can list at least 10 players who can score in that game. In hope of an exciting first leg... GL all

Re: Champions League 31st of March Inter are massively under-priced imo, for several reasons. Firstly, their form in the league is terrible. Sure, they beat Chelsea despite this, but it has to be taken into consideration. Their form in the league is like so; WDDDWDLDWL. Both losses came away from home, sure, but two of the draws have been at home (Genoa and Sampdoria), and only once have they beaten the handicap in these ten games, 3-0 over bottom of the table Livorno a week ago. They suffered an extremely important loss to title-chasing Roma three days later. Secondly, they are missing both Lucio and Thiago Motta in central defence, which should bring on chances for CSKA. Thirdly, the russians have been no pushover in the Champions League, beating Sevilla 2-1 away with little to no match training, and holding Manchester United to a 3-3 draw at Old Trafford and beating Besiktas 2-1 away from home. They've picked up their pace in the league as well, undefeated in their last 5 games, and haven't been beaten by the handicap in their last 10 games in any competition. Based on this, there are two bets that stick out to me, CSKA +1.25 @ 2.05, and Over 2.25 @ 1.8. Good luck all :hope

Inter are massively under-priced imo, for several reasons. Firstly, their form in the league is terrible. Sure, they beat Chelsea despite this, but it has to be taken into consideration. Their form in the league is like so; WDDDWDLDWL. Both losses came away from home, sure, but two of the draws have been at home (Genoa and Sampdoria), and only once have they beaten the handicap in these ten games, 3-0 over bottom of the table Livorno a week ago. They suffered an extremely important loss to title-chasing Roma three days later. Secondly, they are missing both Lucio and Thiago Motta in central defence, which should bring on chances for CSKA. Thirdly, the russians have been no pushover in the Champions League, beating Sevilla 2-1 away with little to no match training, and holding Manchester United to a 3-3 draw at Old Trafford and beating Besiktas 2-1 away from home. They've picked up their pace in the league as well, undefeated in their last 5 games, and haven't been beaten by the handicap in their last 10 games in any competition. Based on this, there are two bets that stick out to me, CSKA +1.25 @ 2.05, and Over 2.25 @ 1.8. Good luck all :hope
Ive got got no doubt that inter will win this, but only by the odd goal, If CSKA Moskow can grab an all important away goal then we can deffo see Over 2.5 goals, personally I think that will happen given Inter's current form in the league, but I would think that Mourinho would give up their league title if it means he can fully focus on the Champions League and win it... That being said, I don't think Inter have the depth to win it... Ill probably be backing somethin along the line above... Will post later/closer to the game..

Re: Champions League 31st of March Barcelona @ 2.43 pinnacle With Iniesta out and Fabregas more than likely out, then the game misses out on two of the better players. However, the loss of Fabregas is much more important as he is the one who drives this team, and without his influence coordinating the attacks, it leaves a very big hole for Arsenal to fill. Barcelona have Messi and Xavi who can create for their team and these two playmakers will prove the difference. Up front they have Henry and Ibrahimovic who are very good goalscorers while Arsenal have to rely on the erratic Bentner. Do not believe that there is a better team at the moment in Barcelona and the best players at the moment is Messi who is on fire and scoring goals too. This little maestro will be hard to stop, and Arsenal would be a chance at home if Fabregas was playing, but without him, they lack the class to beat Barcelona Inter Milan - CSKA Moscow over 2.5 @ 2.03 centrebet Inter Milan will look to take a sizeable lead into the second leg as it is a tough place to play in Russia so expect them to play a more open game. Same for CSKA, who know to have any chance to progress, they will need to score here as Inter will be more likely to play a tight and defensive game to protect their likely lead from this game. Inter have scored twice in each of their last 2 Champions League games at home while CSKA have scored and conceded in each of their last 5 CL games, scoring at least 2 goals in each of their 3 away games. They have also gone over in the last 3 away games in the CL Like this to be an open game as both teams will be looking to score

Re: Champions League 31st of March Hopefully I'll have better luck on the corner handicap market tonight, after Lyon grabbed two very very late corners :@ Internazionale v CSKA Moscow + 2 Corner Handicap @ 2.2 - PaddyPower / Skybet. Inter have only racked up eight corners in four home CL fixtures, and not yet beaten a -2 corner handicap. In fact, they have never had more corners than their opponent yet at home this season in the CL. They also only average about five corners per game as it is, which shows they don't win too many. I think at the minute, the straight win odds are still slightly disrespectful of CSKA, but I expect Mourinho to have enough experience to get the win they need, but as we know that doesn't necessarily mean a huge amount of corners. Arsenal (0) Corner Handicap @ 2.0 - Expekt v Barcelona. This is based more on how I see the two sides performing. I think we've seen in recent CL fixtures how Barcelona are more likely to try to play controlled possession football and to get at Arsenal through the middle. Arsenal, naturally as the English side will play a more up tempo pacier game, and I can see them getting more corners because of this. They'll look to gain any advantage they can, and one where they probably have an advantage over Barcelona is set pieces, with big Sol and Vermaelen getting forward when they can for corners.

Price too short for an Over? But you feel it will be Over? Either go for it or: -- First Half Goal Line @ 1,80 for Over 1 Goal ; -- More Goals in the Second Half @ 2,10 ; -- in-play until it gets high enough for you, but then you will be missing parts of what I see as the most exciting quarter, plus with these two you never know - there will be so much attacking quality on the pitch that the Lyon story tonight might as well repeat... The defensive problems ( or the lack of them ) should dominate the analysis of this game. Fabregas was badly missed by all punters here (including myself) before the game vs Porto, yet I saw a great performance by Arsenal. Iniesta? Well, this won't be the first game this Season he is out, yet Barca are joint top in Spain and among the favourites to win CL again. Iniesta also missed a few last Season, yet Barca won everything important. In short - big Clubs deal better when such players are missing, it is coping with important defenders out what matters at this level...IMO ;) P.S. With all this in mind I am taking Over 2,75 Goals @ 2,05 with bet365 - I can list at least 10 players who can score in that game. In hope of an exciting first leg... GL all
Yeah Nicko i not what you mean overs is way too short. Everyone think Cesc ain't gonna make it i think he will, also Gallas is back. Arsenal have been scoring goals for fun at the Emirates , more importantly just like i said with Lyon there incentive will be to take some kind of advantage going into the 2nd leg knowing the nou camp is a tough pale to go. Surely the Gunners price is getting bigger and to good to miss Arsenal @ 21/10 Hills

Re: Champions League 31st of March According to the latest Spanish & English media news/rumours, Fabregas will play tonight. Still the surprise may come from the fact that also Gallas has a chance to show up. On the other hand, Pique and Abidal were passed fit for the encounter. So, you must be aware when analyzing the game that Barca will field their best defence. Although I am not a specialist on this type of bets, I may consider taking Fabregas anytime scorer, knowing that, besides his goalgetter qualities, this match will have a special significance for him. I expect the Spaniard to be over 100% determined.

Correct Word of warning: not really beaten anyone of note.
Yup, I really hope Messi plays in the form that he did 2 weeks ago when he racked up 8 goals in that week (2 hat-tricks, 1 brace), he has been rested in Barca's last game vs Mallorca he only came on in the 2nd half, so he should be ready to go, I really fancy him to deliver the good like Rooney did by scoring the 1st goal. However the loss of Iniesta in midfield is the only thing putting me off betting on Barca to win and Messi to be FGS...