Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Double above still running...Stakhovsky came through in 3 and Giraldo play tomorrow. Don't usually stick money on correct score betting but stuck a couple of quid on a certain one just now. Really small stakes though, more of a fun bet taking a chance. 1st set correct score: Venus Williams vs Sorana Cirstea....Venus 6-0 @ 11/1 and Venus 6-1 @ 9/2 (William Hill).....from following the scoreboard in Cirstea/De Brito match and reading reoprts she is still in poor form.De Brito's inability to serve really helped her But she has no weapons to hurt Venus who was in super form recently winning Dubai and Acapulco. Confident Venus will crush Cirstea tomorrow, unless she is really rusty. Worth a chance for a few pound.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Hi guys, Some really good tips going on here, haven't actually used any yet but will do! Just wondering about thoughts on Mardy Fish vs Leonardo Mayer? They played recently on indoor hard court and Mayer won convincingly, 6-4, 6-0. Mayer is 2.10 at Ladbrokes.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April

Hi guys, Some really good tips going on here, haven't actually used any yet but will do! Just wondering about thoughts on Mardy Fish vs Leonardo Mayer? They played recently on indoor hard court and Mayer won convincingly, 6-4, 6-0. Mayer is 2.10 at Ladbrokes.
I tipped Mayer up to win that meeting in Memphis last month, but I'm not nearly as confident today. I think the odds are a little too short on Mayer. The Argentine has really developed recently but I feel he's a better indoor hard court player. He beat Fish in such conditions last time and I'm not sure he's a better outdoor player than the American. Fish serves well and if his game clicks, he's a hard man to beat. He came back into a bit of form last week in Indian Wells, beating Michael Berrer (on form) and taking a set off Djokovic. Mayer did well last week in Sunrise challenger but he lost at IW to Brian Dabul - a very surprising result, which shows me he's not in full flow outdoors. For me, the overs line is the only one that would appeal, but even that's high at over 23.5. Very tough to call.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April IAmGooner, Stakhovsky put you through the mill yesterday :eek Got there in the end though. I agree with you on Giraldo, he should be able to pull through, although odds for a single are pretty stingy. Quite a few matches take my eye today. The first is between Lukas Lacko and Michael Berrer. I fancy Berrer to take this and have gone for Berrer -1.5 games at 1.84 (Pinnacle). A few things point me in this direction. They've met twice, Berrer winning both, on the clay in Germany and on the indoor hard courts in Slovakia. Lacko's record against lefties is pretty poor - W1 L5 - and his recent form has tailed off. He completely choked against Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in Indian Wells. He was a break up in the second and third set yet contrived to lose. Berrer also went out in the first round, to Mardy Fish, yet I still see him as the stronger player. His serve his huge and he attacks the net often. I'm not sure Lacko has the necessary weapons to pick him off. Lacko's serving has been inconsistent, and if that keeps up today, Berrer will have him. The game between Fabio Fognini and Yen-Hsun Lu is badly priced IMO. Lu should be slight favourite, not a huge one. The Korean has been winning games on the hard courts but they've been against poor players (Hernandez, Silva, Levine, etc). Fognini's a clay court player, but he's not adverse to performing well on the hard. His win last week in IW against Olivier Rochus has been franked (Rochus beat Gasquet last night) and with courts here a little slower, he'll be more comfortable on them. They've never met, and Fognini's poor serving does concern me a little, but I still see tremendous value in Fognini +4.5 games at 1.99 (Pinnacle). Stephane Robert returns to the main tour against Andreas Beck, who himself is recovering from injury. Robert got to the final of Johannesburg in the winter, an outdoor tournament, but the only superstar he beat was David Ferrer. Since then, he's only played one tournament, last week in Tangier, which he won. It was a challenger though, and it was on the clay. To move from Morocco to America and switch from clay to hard is quite a tough ask. That's partly why I'm taking Beck +3 games at 1.98 (Pinnacle). The German's returning from injury and lost to Ramon Delgado in three in IW, before retiring in Sunrise against Daniel Brands. He is, however, a talented player on his day, and I think he's stronger than Robert. Another factor is the Frenchman's poor record against lefties - he never beaten one on the main Tour. I reckon Beck can get his first victory of the year here, but if not, he'll run him close, and that's where the handicap is useful. Good luck, Atko

Sport Tennis
Event Michael Berrer vs. Lukas Lacko
Selection Berrer (-2) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back)
Reasoning Well, Lukas Lacko is still a overrated player at the moment, he is overrated for his success but that can´t change his real level as he is a player with a solid defence but possess no real dangerous weapons in attack. Today he will play against Michael Berrer who is a player better in attack and who can hold more stable his serve, also his form is one of the most impressive this season. the difference in class between these two players is surely not meaningful, but Berrer is a complete hardcourter as he possess a better forehand and serve while Lacko not. From the form point of view there are no avantages here as both players have been impressive from this point of view, there is all about the difference in level as a hardcourter where Berrer as I have mentionated is just more complete. All in all, Lacko is overrated for his success but which purely can´t change his real level, so thats why we have these odds today. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Petra Martic vs. Aravane Rezai
Selection Martic
Strength 10/10
Date 18/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.27 (Back)
Reasoning This should be a difficult one where Martic is a litter bit underrated with these odds. Aravane Rezai is on a better rating position and that is the main reason for these odds, but from the class point of view Martic´s level is equal to Rezai´s once. Petra Martic is a young talented player with a lot of potential who already shows the stability in a long run as she keep playing some amazing tennis for a for period. From the form point of view I can´t see any advantage here, so the only reason for these odds are the rating position which do not represent the reality as Martic is a player of top 20-30 as Rezai is too. 2010 is the first season since Martic shows better tennis, so this is a short period just too short and obviously she will be underrated. All in all, there is all about Martic´s real level which is very equal to Rezai´s once, very important is that she proved stability recently too, so I see no reasons for these odds. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Chela x Isner Double @ 17/20 Chela plays Lorenzi and he's simply a class above the Italian, even moreso on hardcourt. Lorenzi is an average clay-courter who has no real weapons or game for this sUrface. On hard this year he's lost in straights to Nieminen,Russell, Baghdatis, Greul and Chuidinelli. At challenger level he had done some things on hard but not on the main tour. Chela has a couple of 1/4 finals at Miami in the past...his level is not there anymore...doesn't move as well anymore. But after a poor start to the clay swing he put in some decent displays beating Luczak, Gasquet and pushing Monaco twice. He also played Sunrise Challenger last week beating Schuettler before losing in 2 to Flo Mayer. He won't trouble the top guys anymore but should take care of Lorenzi. Isner plays Russell tomorrow. Potentially tough match as Russell is doing some good things on hard in the US but Isner is playing on a different level I think. He got to the 3rd round at IW beating Querrey and Anderson before taking Nadal all the way.......he won in Auckland, 4th round of AO and final at Memphis losing to Querrey. Russell is also climbing the rankings beating the likes of Andreev and Odesnik and he gave Murray a scare in IW. Also beat Istomin in rd.1 here yesterday. But Isner should take him down...clear advantages on serve, his ground game has improved alot and in tight moments Isner tends to do well...has a great tie-break record. Isner to do the business. Venus vs Cirstea UNDER 18.5 games @ 4/6 Venus winning 6-3 6-3 is good enough...I can't see Cirstea taking more than 6 games here. She has been in poor form for a while...alot of errors, lacking patience and confidence is low. I felt De Brito was a winnable match but she made harder work than it should have been...De Brito's weak serve and a poor tie-break really helped her. Venus hasn't played since Acapulco on clay where she won....that's my only concern that she could be rusty. But she also has a 1/4 final at AO and a title in Dubai on hard this year so HC form is good. Cirstea has no weapons to hurt Venus IMO, hopefully Venus comes out firing. GL!

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventDate Krumm - Petrova
SelectionDate Krumm (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.25 (Lay)
ReasoningKimiko played an awfull match against out of form Chakvetadze and I don't think that she can win against Petrova.Her serving is pathetic and Petrova seems to be playing on a respectable level to defeat her.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWozniak - Hercog
SelectionWozniak (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Lay)
ReasoningWozniak is in awfull form losing her last matches against Cornet and Flipkens in terrible style.Hercog is on a rise at the moment and she should be a good choice in this one.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKuznetsova - Peng
SelectionKuznetsova
Strength10/10
Date25/03/2010
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.33 (Back)
ReasoningKuznetsova likes this tournament.Two years in a row she was in semi final and in 2006 she won it.Maybe she isn't in her greatest form but she should beat poor Peng.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventLorenzi - Chela
SelectionLorenzi (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.80 (Lay)
ReasoningLorenzi hardly even wins matches on ATP level.He is 0-8 this year and it doesn't seem to change as he is taking Chela.Maybe Chela is not in great form but should take care of Lorenzi.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGiraldo - Daniel
SelectionDaniel (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.40 (Lay)
ReasoningDaniel is crap on hard courts while Giraldo knows how to play on this surface and he already played qualies here.h2h is in favour of Daniel but all matches were played on clay courts.Daniel is nothing special really and Giraldo should beat him.

Sport Tennis
Event Alicia Molik - Agnes Szavay
Selection Szavay
Strength 10/10
Date 25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.76 (Back)
Reasoning Szavay is just a better player overall, she is a litter bit underrated at the moment because she had two defeats and only one victory in her latest three games, but these are just stats. On the other hand Alicia Molik is on the contrary overrated at the moment as she has been very impressive with the results, many wins but all against not difficult opponents, against Szavay will going to be just different. As long as there are no problems for Szavay's form here the value surely goes on her side as she is just one class over Molik. Szavay should be clear favourite for this one as the difference in class between these two players is too meaningful. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event aniela Hantuchova - Patty Schnyder
Selection Schnyder
Strength 10/10
Date 25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.57 (Back)
Reasoning Schnyder is even better than Hantuchova from the class point of view and she recentlyshowed a good form, she proved another tennis, the one more closer to her real level. Hantuchova will always going to be a tough opponent, but still she is under Schnyder's class as I have mentionated, Patty can play very stable tennis from the baseline and can dominate the the rallies. Hantuchova's attack is not enough for Patty's defence as long as Patty will play her tennis. Form have created these odds, but certain here I disagree as Schnyder has showed some nice tennis recently. All in all, Patty is a better player overall and she should be favourite here as the baseline play is the essentail difference here. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Flavia Pennetta - Andrea Petkovic
Selection Petkovic
Strength 10/10
Date 25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.64 (Back)
Reasoning Even if Petkovic has lost recently to Pennetta another game is just another day and another chance to play better. First of all form the class point of view Petkovic can create troubles against any top player, she can play great tennis when she is in form. Certain here at Miami she made a nice start as she won in straight sets against Rodionova, not a difficult opponent but a good start. Pennetta is for sure favourite in this one, no doubts about that but in tennis many things happen and these odds are just too high on a player who can compete very well against you from the class point of view. All in all, Petkovic made a strong start and possess a good talent, so this one should be more balanced than the odds suggest. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Marcos Daniel vs. Santiago Giraldo
Selection Daniel
Strength 10/10
Date 25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.23 (Back)
Reasoning Well, 2010 surely has been not a good season for Marcos Daniel as he has only two wins and nine defeats. Daniel's form of the moment is in big question but I won't exaggerate too much as if we'll draw a litter bit attention to his opponents then we could see that many of his games were difficult ones. On the other hand Santiago Giraldo looked clear much better from the results point of view, the main reason for these odds. Speaking about Giraldo I have to mentionate that he is a player with limited qualities and if to compare him with Daniel I see the brazilian player just better overall. Speaking about the surface, well these two players are playing much better on clay than on hard and I'm sure that the style of play between them today will going to be with long rallies. Giraldo is not a hardcourter and that change a lot the things and if we look a litter bit at all the games between him and Daniel we could see that Daniel leads 8-1 and I mentionate that not only because are some stats, but because Daniel surely have an advantage against Giraldo, the experience let the final word many times. Daniel is just too underrated at the moment, no doubts that he has lost so many games this season but as I have mentionate most of them were against difficult players, players not of Girlado's level. Daniel is a better player overall and if he will play his tennis he should be even favourite in this one. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April One for tomorrow....... Zvonareva x Zheng Double @ 4/5 Zvonareva plays Oudin tomorrow.Obviously Oudin is known for slaying higher ranked opponents last year but her form now is not nearly as good. She showed some good signs indoors in Paris reaching the semi-final and in the Fed Cup on dirt on France but on hard she's lost to Vinci, Arvidsson, Kudryavtseva and Errani this year. She beat Krajicek in rd.1, but Krajicek had alot of bp's which she didn't convert. Vera is simply a class above Oudin,,,,her mentality is always questionable in really tight moments but don't expect that tomorrow. She got to the 4th round of Ao, won Pattaya, 1/4 final at Dubai and 3rd at IW...losing to Azarenka x2 and Stosur this year. Not bad. Think she will be too solid for Oudin. Zheng plays Razzano. Another winnable match here. Zheng is prone to losses to be fair... she lost to Molik and Chang this year. But Razzano is in horrible form this year...she had some superb patches last year in many hard-court events and some slams. But she's not backed it up this year. She's only beaten Barrois, Sfar and Niculescu this year before her first rd win here(Lepchenko retired in second set). No really impressive wins or form there. Losses this year to Krumm, Makarova, Schnyder, Peer and Kirilinko in straights gives a better indication of where her game is at. Zheng gives chances on her serve which is a weakness but when her ground game and FH are on she can compete with most....semi-final at AO and 1/4 final at IW shows this. Advantage in form and quality for Zheng. GL!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Had to cover my Chela double...he's serving like a girl today and Lorenzi with no power is getting bp's on most service games. Got Lorenzi at 5/1 in second set after losing the first. Small profit either way(should the double come through of course). Poor display so far from Chela though.

Sport Tennis
Event Venus Williams vs. Sorana Cirstea
Selection Cirstea (+6.5) GH
Strength 10/10
Date 25/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Well, from the class point of view the difference is not so huge as this line handicap suggest, Cristea is a very talented player and without any doubts can compete with Venus. Cristea is the type of player who impress more against difficult opponents, her stability is under question many times and thats why we have to go with her in such situations. On the other hand this will going to be just first game for Venus and she could not play her best right from the start. Cristea didn't impressed this season, that is true but she changed something in her play since the last tournament Indian Wells. Cristea won against Kanepi and lost against Zheng where she was competitive, also here at Miami she won in straight sets against De Brito, so another sign of a comeback. All in all, Cristea is playing better at the moment, more stability in her play, so we should use this moment. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April like a few people for this next round. money's on ferrero pavlyuchenkova azarenka peer wozniacki and karlovic. all good records against their opponents and are in good enough form. karlovic and pavlyuchenkova are the weakest bets out of that group but should pull through. a little close but querrey isner and ljubicic should also come through.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Another good day with plenty of matches on the men's side. Two bets stand out for me today. I like the look of John Isner -3.5 games against Michael Russell at 1.84 (Pinnacle). He's beaten Russell before, on Russell's favourite surface (clay). On a hard court, I expect Isner to do significant damage. He's got the huge serve but what's impressed me more is that he is returning well and his groundstrokes are improving rapidly. Russell faced seven break points against a far less superior player in Denis Istomin. His serve isn't quick not particularly deep, and I feel Isner can take advantage of that. With Isner in such good form, I'm confident he'll be able to cover the handicap here. Bet strength: 6/10 The second bet I like is Tommy Robredo -3 games against Illya Marchenko at 1.917 (Pinnacle). Marchenko got a good win over Paul-Henri Mathieu but the Frenchman is returning from injury and not at his best yet. Robredo made the quarters of Indian Wells last week and I reckon the slower courts here will suit him. He can be inconsistent at times but I'm sure he'll see this tie as winnable and attack from the off. Marchenko's an up-and-coming player but I see him as a far more accomplished indoor player. He's still learning on the main Tour outdoors and he meets a proven Top 20 player here. I think the odds on Robredo are good and worth playing. Bet strength: 6/10 The other bets that caught my eye were over 22.5 games in the Mayer/Kohlschreiber and Stakhovsky/Benneteau matches and Llodra +4 games against Ferrer (think the handicap is too big there). Good luck, Atko

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventZvonareva - Oudin
SelectionOudin (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date26/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.65 (Lay)
ReasoningVera seems to be a good choice in this one.She is in rather good form this season and she is playing Oudin who is in some kind of a downtrend.Also Oudin's serving is pure crap nowadays.Against Krajicek she has to defend 14 bp and against Vinci at Indian Wells she was also not so great.Zvonareva in this one imo.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGoerges - Vesnina
SelectionGoerges (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date26/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.34 (Lay)
ReasoningGoerges for me is just a brainless ball-basher.She had huge problems against Morita and I don't know how she can beat even better player like Vesnina.And looking at odds she was at similiar price against Morita so it's just pure value in this one.Vesnina should take this one.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April play has restarted rebel!! roberta vinci plus 6.5 games against venus williams 5-6 bet365 3 points!! i think this is a great bet for the following reasons! vinci is simply a very under-rated player.......she has a similar style to martinez-sanchez (except not a lefty like m-s and not quite as big a hitter) but she is a tricky player and like martinez sanchez seems to be getting better and better with old age!! she has posted some great results this year....beating some very useful players like melanie oudin, hantuchova,errani and groenefeld and king in the aussie open before losing a tight match to the in-form kirilenko in the third round!! she has a very nice one handed backhand which she can slice but also hit through and she's very comfortable at the net.....she's got plenty of variety and though i don't think venus will be phased by vincis style of play it might take her a while to adjust!! even if it doesnt i still think 6.5 games is a big handicap for a player of vincis quality to cover!! she plays pretty tough on every point,constructs her points well and is mentally pretty sound and i strongly believe she'll be able to win 6 games at least!! venus won dubai comprehensively but the fast conditions really suited venus there but miami is playing much slower!! she beat cirstea 4 and 3 in the first round which is comfortable but hardly emphatic against a player still struggling to find her form!! vinci played serena in wimbledon last year and the scoreline was 6-3,7-5 to serena and i think she has an even better chance of covering a 6.5 game handicap against venus tomorro!

Anyone got thoughts on Kuznetsova vs Agnes Szavay. 3.25 on Szavay at the moment.
i was thinking that was a value price fro agnes myself but i also feel that the match is in kuzies hands....she played well here last year and has points to defend! but wouldnt put u off backing szavay...its value.....some demolition of molik

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Not sure what to make of Szavay's win over Molik. With Molik's serve she shouldn't be getting double bagelled...:lol....Kuznetsova has been horrible in recent weeks but has a great record in Miami. I'd say no bet but gun to my head......probably overs...which should be around 20.5 games looking at their prices. Zheng is getting beat by Razzano as we speak which means 5w-2l for the week.....match suspended by rain at 6-4 5-2 Razzano.....horrible from Zheng all match. Need big Johnny Isner tonight for my double from yesterday with Chela. Hopefully the big man does it.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Thinking tomorrow............ Baghdatis vs Chela.......will check Baghy 2-0 and handicap to see if any value. Chela was horrible against Lorenzi so Baghy should take care of him. His serving was awful....Lorenzi only took 4/18 break points and the Italian is a clay courter with soft shots. Baghy should kill him. Will see if any value there. Lopez vs Berrer.....Lacko had enough chances to down Berrer. Lopez is one of my least favourite players though. Not sure about this one. I can see Lopez winning, conditions not great for Berrer. Nadia vs Hantuchova........edge for Petrova. Hantuchova never does well in Miami. 4-1 h2h in favour of Petrova with her wins coming on hard. Both were relatively comfortable in first round bar slight choke at the end of the set.