** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Feb 19th

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Feb 19th 4.20 Fakenham: Dead or Alive 1pt place lay Makes the long trip to Fakenham today at a course where the trainer has a fair strike rate. Although the horse with perhaps the most potential improvement in the field I feel there is some strong opposition today and I have 4, who at the weights, I would rather play at the current prices - Sir Andrew Nick, who should be fitter for recent point run, was higher rated over fences than the lay yet they run off level today; also the lay has to give weight to some decent horses like Ungaro who was far superior on his day and who should strip a lot fitter for last week's Hunter Chase debut; Bantry Bere and Young Collier are also horses the lay may struggle to give weight to. As I have so many I feel have chances I am happy to lay for a place.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Feb 19th

4.20 Fakenham: Dead or Alive 1pt place lay Makes the long trip to Fakenham today at a course where the trainer has a fair strike rate. Although the horse with perhaps the most potential improvement in the field I feel there is some strong opposition today and I have 4, who at the weights, I would rather play at the current prices - Sir Andrew Nick, who should be fitter for recent point run, was higher rated over fences than the lay yet they run off level today; also the lay has to give weight to some decent horses like Ungaro who was far superior on his day and who should strip a lot fitter for last week's Hunter Chase debut; Bantry Bere and Young Collier are also horses the lay may struggle to give weight to. As I have so many I feel have chances I am happy to lay for a place.
Sorry should say Andrew Nick not 'Sir'

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Feb 19th 12:55 Lingfield - Kings Topic - Place Lay Only 2 places to play for here and form figures of 005066 hardly suggest that he can find a 1 or a 2 here. Magnitude and Farncombe look to have it between them on form and weights, and I expect the latter to prevail. Playful Asset should get 3rd, with my selection probably finishing 4th

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Feb 19th 12.55 Ling - Magnitude - place lay Looks like a field full of non stayers trying 12 furlongs in desperation because they're too slow to win over shorter trips. I think Magnitude is probably the least likely to get 12 furlongs so I'm laying him on that basis. Only 2 places - unlike wizzkid I think Kings Topic might well win and Farncombe looks good for a place. Seaquel and Playful Asset have bits of 12 furlong form. I think any 2 of those might finish ahead of the selection

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Feb 19th 17:15 Wolverhampton 1pt lay - Duke Of Rainford Won over course and distance LTO and is raised 4lbs for that win which I think may just be enough to stop him winning here. Exceed Power reopposes off 2lbs better terms after finishing 2nd that day, was under a length behind Duke Of Rainford and then went on to finish 2nd LTO as well so he may be able to reverse the placings. Turf Time was over 4 lengths ahead of Duke Of Rainford when beating him over 6 furlongs at the track. There is a 4lb pull in the weights and the shorter trip may suit Duke Of Rainford more but I am willing to take a chance that it won't be the case.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Feb 19th

4.20 Fakenham: Dead or Alive 1pt place lay Makes the long trip to Fakenham today at a course where the trainer has a fair strike rate. Although the horse with perhaps the most potential improvement in the field I feel there is some strong opposition today and I have 4, who at the weights, I would rather play at the current prices - Sir Andrew Nick, who should be fitter for recent point run, was higher rated over fences than the lay yet they run off level today; also the lay has to give weight to some decent horses like Ungaro who was far superior on his day and who should strip a lot fitter for last week's Hunter Chase debut; Bantry Bere and Young Collier are also horses the lay may struggle to give weight to. As I have so many I feel have chances I am happy to lay for a place.
Now a non-runner :eyes 4.20 Fakenham: Bantry Bere 1pt place lay With Dead or Alive out the next horse on my hit list was Bantry Bere and as it is currently sitting at favourite I am quite happy to lay it for a place as I feel the other three mentioned above have stronger claims IMO.