Champions League Wed 17 February

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February

Where did you pull this stat from' date=' 9 goals in 19 champions league starts???[/quote'] For some reason I managed to add up his League Cup and Champions League stats haha. He actually has 5 goals in 11 starts, which is pretty similar. Saying that he has had 10 sub appearences. Wenger had a pre match media conference today with Bendtner and said he has a lot of confidence and faith in him (which he obviously would do) but its interesting to see that it was Bendtner that joined him in the conference.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I managed to add up his League Cup and Champions League stats haha. He actually has 5 goals in 11 starts, which is pretty similar. Saying that he has had 10 sub appearences. Wenger had a pre match media conference today with Bendtner and said he has a lot of confidence and faith in him (which he obviously would do) but its interesting to see that it was Bendtner that joined him in the conference.
Looks like Bendtner will start against Porto. I guess he will be very motivated to prove his worth and I really like Bendtner to score 2 or more @ 11.00.

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Porto - Arsenal Arsenal are without Gallas, Almunia, Song, Eduardo and Arshavin. Porto are unbeaten in 12 matches. Pereira and Hulk should be back for Porto.Falcao is playing very well at the moment and I'd fancy him to find the back of the net tonight again. I just feel this tie could be too much for such a depleted Arsenal team and whilst I'd fancy them to qualify overall, I'll be taking Porto tonight. Porto @ 13/10 1-0 to Porto @ 6/1 2-1 to Porto @ 8/1 Porto to win and Falcao to score @ 10/3 Bayern - Fiorentina Seems like the bet of the day here tonight is Bayern -1. There isn't much need for further explanation than what has been mentioned already but Bayern look good for beating the handicap in my eyes. 20 goals in the last 6 games means I'll be taking over 3.5 goals also as I can see Fiorentina scoring against a frail Bayern defense. Bayern -1 @ 7/5 Over 3.5 @ 2/1 Muller to score anytime @ 2/1

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February I went for two draws on Tuesday and lost miserably.... The results confirm, I think, that at the CL level, and especially in the knock-out stages, selections, at least on the 1X2 line are most difficult. So, tonight I'm staying away.... Porto - Arsenal are a very difficult pair to make a call. If pushed I would pick the under 2.5 goals or for the greedy the 0-1 match goals might be interesting. In the Bayern - Fiorentina match the hosts are super favourites which, no doubt, will entice people in the handicap win for Bayern. I hope it comes through for the punters taking it, but I would fear that it may not pan out. Fiorentina, I think, will park the bus in front of the goal and hope for the best. Neither their form nor their quality can take it Bayern and they know it. In the end, I think Bayern will win but by how much is uncertain given the strategy that I expect from Fiorentina. Goood luck everybody.....:hope

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Arsenal haven't won in three recent attempts away to Porto. The side is weakened, although the weeks rest for players still getting some sharpness (Walcott, Bendtner, Clichy) might see one of those players improve from recently woeful showings. TBH It's difficult to look beyond laying Arsenal tonight (and I'm an Arsenal fan). Wenger would be delighted to take a draw back to the Emirates with players like Arshavin, Song and Gallas hopefully available to finish the job. I see a draw, or if Arsenal aren't at the races then Porto to sneak a win by one goal. LAY Arsenal - 2 pts.

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February I really dont fancy Bayern to beat -1 Handicap. As we all know Bayern couldnt take good result in the group stages. Against Juve they took a goalless draw. I expect a close match and Bayern can win by a 1 goal. Under 2.5 Goals Bayern win by a 1 goal

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Really confused :unsure Bayern is the bet i fancy. but odds are so short, and i dont like hadicaps in 1st leg champions league cos no 1 wants to lose by a big deficit I like Porto but its still tricky because Arsenal have been good in Europe, and English teams are hard to beat. I actually fancied Arsenal to get draw before i heard all the injury's I'm still undecided, ILL probably play it dangerous and wait for Bayern odds to improve in play then gamble. Same with Porto see how they get on before gambling Also like unders in porto game but that price to short aswel

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Porto vs Arsenal Selection Porto Strength 10/10 Date 17/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Interwetten @ 2.40 (Back) Reasoning Arsenal will have certianly difficulties in this meeting.For guests will miss again some important players and this will count enough.Defender William Gallas (back), midfielder Alex Song (knee) , Andrey Arshavin (hamstring) ,goalkeeper Manuel Almunia (finger) and striker Eduardo (hamstring),all will miss tonight.The other side,for Porto will return for this important match Midfielder Raul Meireles and the Uruguayan Alvaro Pereira.In this game,I guess Porto have real chances to win,having good evolutions on own land and the fans support.A victory with 1-0 for hosts is very probably here.1 my bet. Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Bayern vs Fiorentina Selection Bayern -1 Strength 10/10 Date 17/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.30 (Back) Reasoning Fiorentina crosses really a bad period now.In Seria A they are only on 11th place and will be difficult for them to catch a place at least for Europa League.The atmosphere at club is strained,especially as the striker Adrian Mutu was found doped.Gilardino and Jovetic crosses and them bad times,so will be very difficult for Fiorentina to score tonight.The other side,Bayern played last time very well In Bundesliga,being with high chances to win this league this season.The hosts will have a high morale in this meeting and I expect they to win here.I guess will be a victory with at least 2 goals difference,on own land Bayern being really a force.

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Afternoon Gents, Think I'll have a wee bet on tonights match between Porto V Arsenal.. Porto V Arsenal - Porto win @ 2.4 (Betfair) Like the look of this bet given how many players the Gunners have out and with the return of 'The Hulk' to the Porto sqaud. Porto sit third in the Portugese Liga Sagres at the moment, 9 points off league leaders Benfica but have a game in hand. Although domestic form is not entirely relevant to European games, I still think it's worth noting, especially wqhen the home side has a domestic home record of 8-2-0, scoring 23 and conceding 8. This Porto side, as has been mentioned in previous posts, has a different look to that of a few years ago, they seem to sell their stars and create new ones, it almost seems like a footballer factory at times at this club with the comings and goings. However the team they have available for tonights tie are capable of playing at this level as has been proven with their qualification to this round. Arsenal come into this tie with a depleted squad, I feel they will be happy to take the tie back to the Emirates with the scores level, I feel they have the ability to score tonight, but with Campbell and Fabianski at the back, not to mention Clichy's recent poor for, I feel the will be suspectable to the fast nature of the Portugese attack and they will concede. All in all I can see and Porto win, but perhaps with Arsenal scoring, could be a score of 2-1. Porto win for me @ 2.4 (Betfair) :ok:ok Good Luck everyone :hope:hope

Fiorentina might get up to +1.5 by game time which is massive in the first leg of the CL. Fio have struggled in the league lately but they looked really good vs Roma and really controlled the match. Plenty of cash going on Bayern is worrisome.
Yeah mate....it's madness I think. At approximately 15:00 (GMT) Betfair had over $3,000,000 USD on the match with Bayern around 1.44....Canbet had Bayern's win as low as 1.36! God I hope Bayern wins... Otherwise, there will be a lot of pain among punters.....:hope

Really confused :unsure Bayern is the bet i fancy. but odds are so short, and i dont like hadicaps in 1st leg champions league cos no 1 wants to lose by a big deficit I like Porto but its still tricky because Arsenal have been good in Europe, and English teams are hard to beat. I actually fancied Arsenal to get draw before i heard all the injury's I'm still undecided, ILL probably play it dangerous and wait for Bayern odds to improve in play then gamble. Same with Porto see how they get on before gambling Also like unders in porto game but that price to short aswel
**** it i made up my mind, Porto Home record has got me thinking, also Asenal have never won in Porto, Cos Bayrn odds are short im gonna double it Doubles Porto win Bayern win

Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Bayern vs Fiorentina Selection Bayern -1 Strength 10/10 Date 17/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.30 (Back) Reasoning Fiorentina crosses really a bad period now.In Seria A they are only on 11th place and will be difficult for them to catch a place at least for Europa League.The atmosphere at club is strained,especially as the striker Adrian Mutu was found doped.Gilardino and Jovetic crosses and them bad times,so will be very difficult for Fiorentina to score tonight.The other side,Bayern played last time very well In Bundesliga,being with high chances to win this league this season.The hosts will have a high morale in this meeting and I expect they to win here.I guess will be a victory with at least 2 goals difference,on own land Bayern being really a force.
Were those the odds 3 weeks ago? Right now it is more like Bayern -1 @1.58 not 2.30. Unless you betting Bayern to win by 2 or more @2.30.

Were those the odds 3 weeks ago? Right now it is more like Bayern -1 @1.58 not 2.30. Unless you betting Bayern to win by 2 or more @2.30.
On paddypower i got Bayern -1 @ 2.30 last night, can still get it @ 2.1 now :unsure Think i may put some more on it as my only CL bet.

I really dont fancy Bayern to beat -1 Handicap. As we all know Bayern couldnt take good result in the group stages. Against Juve they took a goalless draw. I expect a close match and Bayern can win by a 1 goal. Under 2.5 Goals Bayern win by a 1 goal
Sorry but did you saw the match? Bayern did even dominate the home match which ended 0:0. They just could not convert the tactic approach of Van Gaal on pitch perfectly. Means what? They had a lot of ball possession but could not create good chances. And status quo since Juventus away win? Yes still ball possession, plus bunch of goal chances and goals. Ribery and Robben on wings. Good luck anyway - it is CL and true we can never know ;)

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Fingers crossed for Bayern tonight guys. I'm talking about large stake here and i don't like the fact that it became a public bet.For some reason most of the times public bets fail but i hope not tonight.It's just to much money on Bayern on market right now.Really hope for nothing dodgy :hope GL All :ok

Last weekend Porto had a lot of chances and missed them all' date=' I see a 0-0 in this match[/quote'] Every match is different.What about Porto 5- 1 Sporting?How many chances did they use?You just can't think like you do mate. Porto will be up for this match.With Hulk back i see them pressing Arsenal until they get what they want. Porto knows Arsenal is weak tonight and will try to use this advantege and score as more as possible. You just don't compare domestic league to CL. Porto for me :ok

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February I have just got back from work and wasnt going to get involved in the arsenal porto game but after seeing the 9/4 for arsenal on bet365 i have to get involved, granted arsenal are missing a few key players but the starting 11 will still be strong and i personally prefer fabianski to alumina!! i can see arsenal going to porto an getting a couple of goals on the counter attack the value in this match is definatly arsenal, i shall also be having a couple of smaller bets on the game to be over2.5 and also a cheeky few quid on my man Abu Diaby to knotch the first at 16's Come on you gunners!!!!!!

Fingers crossed for Bayern tonight guys. I'm talking about large stake here and i don't like the fact that it became a public bet.For some reason most of the times public bets fail but i hope not tonight.It's just to much money on Bayern on market right now.Really hope for nothing dodgy :hope GL All :ok
Barring a rogue beachball on the pitch I cannot see anything that comes into the dodgy category. The ref Ovrebo seems to be a fairly consistent middleman that is not generous with the cards, which is the only area that could cause major issues. I can see no red cards for any of his CL matches 09/10 and only 1 for his home league. And he is heading to SA 2010 so will probably err on the side of caution for any potential issues, although having said that he might disallow a perfectly good goal tonight. But enough of the negativity, I am just trying to reassure you Mahno! Good luck!:hope:hope

Fingers crossed for Bayern tonight guys. I'm talking about large stake here and i don't like the fact that it became a public bet.For some reason most of the times public bets fail but i hope not tonight.It's just to much money on Bayern on market right now.Really hope for nothing dodgy :hope GL All :ok
Sure they'll be fine, brother :ok

Yeah mate....it's madness I think. At approximately 15:00 (GMT) Betfair had over $3' date='000,000 USD on the match with Bayern around 1.44....Canbet had Bayern's win as low as 1.36! God I hope Bayern wins... Otherwise, there will be a lot of pain among punters.....:hope[/quote'] There's a reason so much faith is with the Germans this evening, pal ;)

I have just got back from work and wasnt going to get involved in the arsenal porto game but after seeing the 9/4 for arsenal on bet365 i have to get involved' date=' granted arsenal are missing a few key players but the starting 11 will still be strong and i personally prefer fabianski to alumina!! i can see arsenal going to porto an getting a couple of goals on the counter attack the value in this match is definatly arsenal, i shall also be having a couple of smaller bets on the game to be over2.5 and also a cheeky few quid on my man Abu Diaby to knotch the first at 16's Come on you gunners!!!!!![/quote'] a nice biased bet from Arsenals pride :beer you could have atleast thought about the game from Porto's side though, Porto can match Arsenal in terms of individual quality with the likes of Bruno Alves, Hulk, Raul Meireles, and Falcao but Cesc is a head above the rest no doubt. Porto are a threat, you can look back at their games with ManU and Chelsea to see how well they compete against English oposition. Goodluck anywhohow :ok

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February cant see arsenal gertting anything tonight their keeper and campbell should be targeted by porto they know it will be impossible to qualify if they dont have lead at the end of this game and these two are potential weaknesses in the arsenal team dont know much about fabianski tbh but his record isnt fantastic only keeping a clean sheet at home to stoke but then conceding three to them in the cup dont think you can read too much into the lexioes game, just before a big european fixture minds are concentrated on the this and not some away match porto to win 2-1, 3-1