** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Seven Golden Rules

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Seven Golden Rules Interesting read. This thread has lead me to revisit the massey custom report using your initial rules as a solid base. With a few more specific criteria used I've managed to see a 109.7% return. I've also taken out 2004 as this seems to be a statistical anomaly that no amount of tinkering can improve by any worthwhile measure. My additions if you are interested... Exclude 20+ runners Exclude Firm going (I guess are horses aren't used to it in this wet country haha!) Exclude odds of under 2/1 No fallers in last 3 3+ career runs Ran 3+ days ago Exclude horses that have run 7+ times in last 90 days

Re: Seven Golden Rules

interesting matey, i like some of them. i wanna remain practical at the same time though. how many selections over the time period did that added criteria call up?
It was actually closer to 120.00% return in the end as I'd missed the 19 days bit. approx 550-600 selections a year.

interesting matey, i like some of them. i wanna remain practical at the same time though. how many selections over the time period did that added criteria call up?
They all seemed quite logical to me but I'm no expert. Out of interest which do you like and which not so much?

Also' date=' how the hell do I calculate average race weight?? It's doing my head in:([/quote'] well if the top weight of the horses running is 11 st 10 and the bottom weight is 11 st, the average in my eyes would be 11 st 5, this is how i do it although it may be calculated on masseys site by adding all the entries and dividing it by the number of horses. you wouldnt be far off with mine though and youll struggle to find one that is actually outside the criteria. i like the firm idea from your rules but worried come the summers flat season that could wipe out a lot of selections. i like the 20+ idea, makes sense to me, i think it added 0.8% to the plan. also you mentioned around 550 selections a year, i think youll find thats in 5 years cos the data is measured over that period but im not sure, if im right this would mean 1 maybe 2 selections a week which isnt enough for my liking. at least one selection a day works for me. so im gonna remove 3 miles and above selections and work with that for now. cheers for the interest happygooner

well if the top weight of the horses running is 11 st 10 and the bottom weight is 11 st, the average in my eyes would be 11 st 5, this is how i do it although it may be calculated on masseys site by adding all the entries and dividing it by the number of horses. you wouldnt be far off with mine though and youll struggle to find one that is actually outside the criteria. i like the firm idea from your rules but worried come the summers flat season that could wipe out a lot of selections. i like the 20+ idea, makes sense to me, i think it added 0.8% to the plan. also you mentioned around 550 selections a year, i think youll find thats in 5 years cos the data is measured over that period but im not sure, if im right this would mean 1 maybe 2 selections a week which isnt enough for my liking. at least one selection a day works for me. so im gonna remove 3 miles and above selections and work with that for now. cheers for the interest happygooner
A couple of things. Removing firm removed only 77 selections since 2005. Overall it's 3,000+ selections 3 miles + has a very good ROI for mine. I need to post up my findings.

LINGFIELD 15:35 NICKEL SILVER 16:10 PAKTOLOS 16:45 MONTEROSSO NAAS 16:45 CURRENT RECESSION I will add forecasts ater 9am tomoro which may remove selections if under 4/6 and may mean they are an outsider selection....:hope:hope racing post f/c nickel silver 2/1 paktolos 10/1 monterosso 15/8 current recession 9/4 like the look of current ressesion joint top rated doine the distance and going course winner has well just doubtfull abot the jockey bt stats look good going 1/3 33% distance 1/1 100% course 1/1 100 %