** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Snooker: Welsh Open

After the Masters ended yesterday the Welsh Open is next up on the snooker schedule. The tournament itself doesn't begin until Monday but the qualifiers begin tomorrow and they usually get priced up. More bookies price up the nearer we get to the main event itself so there could be some betting potential so it's worth starting the thread early, even if it's a bit quiet to begin with. The actual tournament itself is on BBC Wales (Sky channel 991) or Eurosport. No outright prices are out yet but I'll update this post with the prices or a link to the prices when they are out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Going to go with a small double over Tuesday's matches. 3pts M.Selt to beat D.Gray & M.White to beat X.Guodong 2.36 Sportingbet I quite like this double on the opening day of qualifying. If we excuse Selt's 1st qualifying round defeat at the Masters then neither of these two players have lost in this round in any of the qualifiers this season. Even Selt's defeat at the Masters was to someone who ended up in the semi finals of the qualifying tournament so that was no bad loss. Matthew Selt has made 2 main events having qualified for the Shanghai Masters and the Grand Prix. Michael White is having a decent season at Prestatyn as well and made the final qualifying round of the UK Championships, beating Jamie Burnett along the way. Selt beat Gray in the UK qualifiers so he's got recent form on him and Guodong has only won 1 match since the Shanghai qualifiers so I like this double which pays just shy of 11/8.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open

Do you know if BBC Wales, can be had on Virgin Media? Also, does this mean there's Welsh commentator's? (Speaking Welsh I mean not just being Welsh).
No idea mate, I don't have Virgin Media. If it is available though the commentary is in English :ok
Good luck Kev' date=' I won't be playing in the qualifiers, I don['t know these players very well. Will join you on Monday.[/quote'] Ta mate. Matthew Selt beat David Gray 5-3 earlier so the double is on White who kicks off at 4pm.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open White couldn't bring home the double, despite leading 2-1 he lost 5-2. Back with 2 bets tomorrow. 3pts J.Jogia to beat L.Song Evs Paddy Power Joe Jogia has made main events in the past and although he's dropped down the rankings he's still a dangerous player as Joe Swail can testify hacing come a cropper to him at the Masters qualifying. He should be boosted by a solid win in the 1st qualifying round yesterday where he knocked in a couple of 50 breaks to show he's in good enough touch. Liu Song is decent enough Chinese player but from what I've seen of him I don't think he's the next Ding or Liang although he does have a Grand Prix quarter final appearance to his name. He hasn't won too many matches this season though, just two in fact, so confidence is likely to be a bit low. A highest break this season of just 77 isn't going to worry too many. Jogia has shown in the past he's a decent enough player and even though he dropped off the main tour, he topped the amateur rankings so he came into this season with winning momentum and then in the 2nd qualifying event of the season hit a 137 break so his forn has been good. I think he'll have enough to beat the young Chinese player. 3pts P.Lines to beat T.Drago & M.Selt to beat R.Lawler 13/8 Sportingbet I like this double. I pretty much covered Matthew Selt yesterday so I don't need to go into too much detail other than to point out he's buzzing at the minute. He saw off a real dangerous player in David Gray and did it with a couple of centuries which is a fantastic effort in the 1st qualifying level. I think he'll have too much scoring power for the Liverpudlian, Rod Lawler. To be fair to Tony Drago he played some good snooker in beating Simon Bedford but throughout his career consistency hasn't been his strong point and he's up against a Peter Lines who must be buzzing after not only getting to the UK Championship but walloping Marco Fu and edging out Mark Williams when he got there. He scored ok in that event and he must be itching to get back to a main venue and I think he'll begin his quest here with a win over the Tornado.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open That didn't go too well. Jogia couldn't event turn up on time, was docked a frame and barely showed up at all :eyes. And for the 2nd day running, Selt won but the double was scuppered by a player who led 2-1 then lost 4 straight frames :(. Going to keep going in these qualifiers but ditching the short priced things. One for tomorrow morning and I may come back with more in the afternoon. 3pts M.Selt to beat D.Dale Evs Paddy Power I've had Selt in winless doubles all week so I'll try and get some money back out of him by backing him in a match I think he has a great chance of winning. He's played excellent snooker all season at Prestatyn and qualified for 2 events, unlike Dale who hasn't yet made one. No doubt with this being his home tournament, Dale will have practiced hard for this but Selt is playing very well indeed this week. 2 centuries in his opening win over David Gray was followed up with 3 breaks of 84 or above so he's been deadly in the balls so far this week. Dominic Dale isn't a win a frame in one visit sort of player so I expect Selt to get chances in this match and if he continues the form he's shown so far he should run out a fairly comfortable winner.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Going to get involved now and taking 2 tomorrow. A.Higginson to beat D.Gilbert, 6pts @ 4/6 SportingBet David Gilbert was in trouble today, 3-2 down to Jimmy Robertson before pulling out his best snooker to take the final 3 frames for a 5-3 win. He won't get away with that same start against Higginson, who is a player on the up. Has a record of won 8, lost 3 in qualifiers this season, and is generally pretty dominant against the lesser players. There's no shame in his 3 losses either, as they came against the excellent trio of McLeod, Walden & Milkins. I think Higginson will be much too strong here and will set up a clash with Stephen Lee, who will prove much more of a challenge. M.Selt to beat D.Dale, 4pts @ Evs Paddy Power I'm following Kev here and just feel Selt is way too big here. Has been in excellent form so far in beating David Gray 5-3 and Rod Lawler 5-0. Has notched 6 breaks over 50 in those games, including 2 centuries and 3 more over 80. That's top class snooker in anyone's eyes and Dale will have to be at his very best. With Selt's excellent break building, he should really take this as he will certainly get chances (as Kev states above). He's had 38 50+ breaks this season against Dale's 9, and he's ranked inside the top 10 of most half centuries this season. Selt has qualified for the final stages in both the Shangai & Grand Prix and I think he can do it again here with Steve Davis awaiting the winner. Up to 48 in the provisionals from 67 and he'll be keen to improve on that; at Evs, I'm happy to take that chance.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Selt went 1-0 up then lost 5 on the bounce :eyes. One for this afternoon. Kicks off shortly, apologies for the short notice. Been a bit manic this afternoon :(. 3pts T.un Nooh to beat M.Judge 11/10 Bwin I'm not one for going with Bwin but I missed out on the 11/10 at sportingbet so will make an exception on this occasion. Thepchaiya Un-Nooh is the new Thai sensation around. He won the world amateur championship in 2008 and has already begun making strides on the manin tour this year. He's playing a Michael Judge who while we all know can be capable, hasn't shown it much this season having won just one match all season in the qualifiers - against Joe Delaney in the UK's. Admittedly he'll have played more matches but Un-Nooh has notched 22 50+ breaks this season going into this event to Judge's 7 which shows how the form of these two guys differ currently. Un-Nooh has beaten Alan McManus in competition this season and Judge is a similar player to Angles so the match up should be good for him. He's come through two 5-4's already this week and scored well in both matches. Judge could well be a bit rusty so everything points to a potential surprise here so I'll take the Thai player at odds-against.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Looking at Stevens to beat Pinches @ 1.40 with Paddy Power. Not done brilliantly here over the years but surely if he is on good form he will be too powerful for Pinches. Motivation is there for him due to it being his home tournament and the fact he is looking to get back in the top 16. Pinches also had a tough previous qulifying match to come through 5-4. May put it in a multiple bet if i find anything else. Any thoughts from you guys about this one?

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Marron - I thought Pinches played pretty well in the last round in quite a decent standard. Although I'd expect Stevens to win, the Welsh don't have the greatest record in this & I think 4/9 is too short. Good luck though:ok I'll be taking 3 in the qualifiers this afternoon. K.Doherty to beat G.Dott, 4pts @ 10/11 Boylesports Ken came through his match yesterday comfortably beating Xiao Guodong 5-1 including a century so will take a fair bit of confidence into todays match. Todays match won't be the prettiest but I take the former world champ to prevail. Neither player has been in the greatest of form but Ken ranks 15th on frames won percentage this season, against Dott's 75th. From a break building perspective, Doherty has hit twice as many 50's as his opponent so should be ok in amongst the balls. The forward momentum he will take from his performance should be enough to take this en route to the main event. R.McLeod to beat J.Trump, 3pts @ 6/4 SportingBet Again, I'm on the player with the forward momentum. Rory McLeod is a much better player than people give him credit and he will be in great heart after taking the Masters qualifying event. Yesterday he beat Craig Steadman who had been playing some top stuff including a career high 143 break in his opener. Rory though disposed of him well, 5-3, in a match where he hit 6 50+ breaks. Trump has been in great form in the Championship & Premier League events but, in ranking events, has failed to hit top form so far. Therefore, at the prices, I'll take McLeod to upset the odds. S.Bingham to beat A.Hamilton, 4pts @ 8/11 Boylesports Anthony Hamilton won here yesterday against Haneveer, but only just, 5-4. The event was very low grade especially from Hamilton who hit just 1 50+ break and only a further 3 over 30. At the recent UK event, Bingham had an excellent 9-4 win over Joe Perry in the first round proper whilst Hamilton crashed out 9-2 to Mark King. Neither over them are prolific in the balls but I was impressed by Bingham in the UK and that's enough for me to take the bet on the world no 21.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open That is a massive price on McLeod, Russ. Good luck with that mate. I'll follow you in on these 3. Haven't had enough time to look into them in any detail which is probably no bad thing given my luck at Prestatyn this week :lol. Marron, I'd wait and see if they stick the Stevens game on a TV table. You'd think they would but you never know. Would fancy Stevens a bit more in front of the cameras.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open When luck is against you......:sad Doherty loses, Bingham wins but what about McLeod!!! 4-2 up, only to lose 5-4 including a black ball loss too:wall -4.09pts for the qualifiers but I hope to get it back with interest next week in the main event:hope

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Im looking forward to this one. Im going off form mainly for this tournoment. I'm taking Selby at 6/1 coming off a very impressive win at the masters last week, i think he will be full of confidence. Also a couple of outsiders are mark williams at 14/1, he played some very good snooker at the masters and has got a kind run in this tournoment if he can get through the first few matches. Was only just beaten by ronnie in a decider so hopefully he can hit a bit of form again. And finally ryan day being a welshman in his home tournoment. Played well in patches until he met maguire but with a good draw here and a decent run in i think he could be dangerous :hope

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open The main event starts tomorrow and I'm going to take 2 on the outright markets. N.Robertson to win Welsh Open, 1.5pts EW @ 10/1 Betfred (1/2 odds 1-2) Having looked at the draw, I'm not sure the talented Aussie could have hand picked a better draw. He opens tomorrow against Liu Song and is long odds on to take that one, before a 2nd round match against holder Ali Carter which, on current form, he should take. Ryan Day and Stephen Maguire would be the expected next 2 matches so that just proves what a great draw he has. Robertson won this event in 2007 and winning the Grand Prix earlier that season and he comes here following that same stat here. Has played pretty well this season, winning the Grand Prix in awesome style taking out Higgins before comfortably disposing of Ding in the final. Next up in the UK, lost out in an epic last 16 to Higgins, 9-8, whilst in the Masters had the bad luck of facing Ronnie in round 1, losing 6-4 having taken a 3-0 lead. In that match, he still hit 2 centuries including a 140 so remains in great nick. He won't face Higgins or O'Sullivan until the final at least so this price looks massive to me. M.Fu to win Welsh Open, 0.5pts EW @ 40/1 Totesport (1/2 odds 1-2) M.Fu to win 2nd quarter, 2pts @ 11/2 Skybet Ok, you need to use your imagination on this one, a player who has won one ranking match all season. However, in a very winnable quarter, I hope this capable player can return to some semblence of form and this venue could just do it, a place where he took out O'Sullivan last season. Maguire, Williams & Ebdon are in the same quarter but he's capable of beating all 3 of those on his day. As not one of the higher profile events, it's not uncommon for shocks or out of form players going well here. On top of that, Fu has been playing some great stuff in the short format Championship League. In Group 2, played just before the Masters, he topped the group before losing to Carter in the semis. However, since the Masters, he's competed in both Group 3 & 4 earlier this week and has looked like he's on his way back. In Group 3, he was 2nd in the group but lost to Mark Allen and followed that in the next group by not only finishing 2nd again but going on to take the final and qualify him for the final group. There's more to it though than just his results; break building is back to its very best. Of the 27 centuries hit last week in the league, Fu contributed an amazing 7 of them including 4 of the top 7, with a 144 thrown in for good measure. If, and it's a big if, he can bring that form to Wales, he will look massively overpriced in a weak looking top half of the draw.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open 2pts N.Robertson to win Welsh Open @ 10/1 Betfred 4pts 1st Quater Winner 7/4 365 Neil Robertson was unlucky to crash out of the Masters at the first hurdle when losing to Ronnie, he didn't do much wrong but when Ronnie is in that form every player on the circuit normally gets beat. He is in great form at the moment and the draw has been kind to win, should cruise past Liu song and then your looking at a potential match against Ali Carter, I wasn't impressed with Ali at The Masters he appeared to be off his game, I'll take a chance he is still in that frame of mind, if his not, will have a good game on our hands but Robertson would still be favourite to progress. He'll then likely face Day who is a tough opponent but I imagine Robertson would be heavy favourite to see him off. That'll see him in the semi's at least and win the quater bet so I think a good chance for Robertson in this tournament. 1.5pts M.Williams to win Welsh Open 14/1 Betfred 3pts 2nd Quater Winner @ 12/5 Sportingbet Mark Williams played some real nice snooker at The Masters and was so close to reaching the final before a good comeback from Ronnie, he still had his chance in the final frame effectively one ball away from winning the match. First up is Fergal O'Brien who's been around a while but never been a player of Mark's calibre and i'd expect the Welshman to come through, a 2nd round match v Marco Fu would probably loom and again I'd expect Mark to come through that the way his been playing, Maguire would be most likely to play Willams in the Quater's but i'm not so sure about Maguire this tournament, he didn't impress me much in The Masters and I'll probably be taking him on early doors. Good chance to win Quaters and who knows from there. The 3rd Quater looks really hot with Ronnie, Murphy, Ding, Allen, Cope & Stevens, i'll be betting match by match in this quater. 10pts J.Higgins to win 4th Quater @ 7/4 Stan James 10pts M.Selby to win 4th Quater @ 2/1 Sportingbet Simple really, I don't see one of these not winning this quater and I'd be very surprised if they didn't meet in the quaters, should only one of them reach the quaters I'll effectively be on them at around 1/2 which will probably still look a good price whoever they are meeting, the only danger to this bet in my eyes in Judd Trump, who Selby meets first up. The way Selby played at the Masters i'd be very surprised to see him go out, although the young lad Trump has some talent, Selby is such a good player though and will grind and grind. I don't see many problems with the likes of Dott, Perry (who played awful at The Masters) and Mark King. I don't want to sound cocky and 20pts is alot to risk but I don't see this bet failing.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open I'm not sure I'll get on PL much tomorrow so will post up my bets for tomorrow's matches now. I will leave the Fu & Robertson matches as I have interest in them for the outrights so will take bets in the other 3. B.Pinches (+1.5 frames) to beat M.Stevens, 3pts @ 11/10 Boylesports The final qualifer re-routed here to allow people to see popular Welshman Matthew Stevens in action. I do think Stevens will take this but it will be no easy task, especially with the added pressure of being on home soil. However, Pinches is a decent player and will not make it easy. If we take a look at his record this season, it shows his battling qualities and his love for final frame deciders. At the Shangai, he lost 5-4 in his opener before making the final stages of the Grand Prix, winning his first 2 qualifers before a hard fought 5-4 win against Michael Holt. At the main event, he took out Shaun Murphy in the final frame having been 4-3 down before succumging to Joe Perry in the last 16. Won 3 of his 4 in the Masters qualifers including another 5-4 against Milkins whilst being involved in another close one in the longer format UK Championship. Played pretty well in the last qualifying round here, beating Martin Gould in yet another final frame, again coming from 4-3 behind. Matthew Stevens is trying to get back into the top 16 so will be desperate for a win here. With the pressure on the Welshman and the battling nature of his opponent, I'll take Pinches here to take at least 4 frames. P.Ebdon (-1.5 frames) to beat B.Hawkins, 4pts @ 11/10 Boylesports Barry Hawkins came through his qualifer 5-2 against Iain McCulloch but let's not get carried away, it was a pretty dire match, with only 4 breaks over 30. He's had a poor season so far, making just the 1 tournament before this, losing to Ken Doherty 5-4 at the Shangai. For a player not firing, then Ebdon the last person you want to be taking on. His concentration levels are amazing and you know exactly what you'll get from him in each game. He has a habit of seeing off qualifers quite easily and, provided he brings his normal game to the table, I fully believe he'll take this for the loss of no more than 3 frames. Taking a closer look at his form this season, he started off by losing 5-1 to qualifer Liang Wenbo at the Shangai. That doesn't worry me too much as Wenbo was in incredible form that week and actually made the final. Since then though, has been knocked out in the 3 events since to the runner up in Grand Prix, Ding Junhui and, in the other 2, to the Rocket. His 1st rounds have seen him win 5-2 vs Liang, 9-4 vs Judd Trump and 6-2 vs Marco Fu. It proves to me that he doesn't need any time to warm up and I expect him to pressurise Hawkins right from the word go and take this comfortably, 5-3 or better. A.Carter vs M.Davis, over 7.5 frames, 4pts @ 11/10 Coral The defending champ starts his defence against Mark Davis and, although I think he'll win, it won't be the easy ride many predict. Other bookies have this at odds on so I feel the price offered by Coral here is a little generous. He's not been in the most sparkling form this season and has only won 2 first round matches, 5-3 against little known Tian Pengfei and 9-7 against Rory McLeod. He's not covered a 3 frame victory yet in the opening round, despite one being a best of 17. Carter does seem to be improving slowly though so, on the flip side, I cannot see a Mark Davis win, certainly not by 5 frame to 2. Ali is a traditional slow starter and he'll feel added pressure coming here as the holder. It's the 2nd event Davis has qualifed for this season, the first being the Grand Prix. He played pretty well there, beating Fu in his opening match 5-4 before losing out to Ebdon 5-3 having been 3-2 up; there's no disgrace in that. Has played well to in the qualifers last week, seeing off Andy Hicks 5-1 including a century in the opening frame before disposing of last season's Welsh Open finalist Joe Swail in the final qualifer 5-4. That will give him massive confidence ahead of this and I believe he'll give Carter a decent test, with a score of 5-3 either way being enough to bring this one in.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open I agree with Russ and Spooner. Robertson looks the standout outright bet. 2pts ew N.Robertson to win Welsh Open 10/1 Betfred Neil Robertson is playing some lovely snooker this season and as Russ said above, he couldn't have picked a better draw. He'd have gone a lot better had he not walked into vintage O'Sullivan but the fact he led him 3-0 shows how well he was playing in that match. In this tournament he's got the Chinese qualifier and then probably Carter who was woeful at Wembley. A quarter final against one of Hendry, Harold, Day or Drago isn't going to cause him to lose too much sleep and in all honestly there isn't a lot in the 2nd quarter to worry him either in the semi final. If he can get past Carter then the final is waiting for him I think. I think Robertson's better in the longer matches so he'd have a chance against anyone in a 17 frame match. The thunder from down under has won this event in the past and a 2nd Welsh Open is far from beyond him.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Double for me on a couple of matches tomorrow. Ebdon v Hawkins- 4/7 Robertson v Liu Song (first four frames outright)- 1/2 Ebdons struggled to play at his best since moving to dubai but he looked in decent touch at the masters and with hawkins having a poor season and struggling for form, i cant see any other result here. Robertson a little more obvious. Looks in fine form and i fully expect him to make a very quick start. Liu will do well to even win a frame so in a best of the first 4 frames, i think this is nailed on

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open One more outright. 1pt A.Higginson to win 2nd Quarter 25/1 Coral Andrew Higginson is a big price to win this quarter, especially given how open the quarter is and the fact it lacks a real quality player. The top 16 players in this quarter are Fu (ranked 8), Williams (15), Ebdon (14) and a dropping quickly Maguire (4). Maguire's the highest ranked player but his form is questionable right now. Andrew Higginson has made the final here in the past so it's a good tournament for him and I see no reason why he can't go well this week. He's in decent form having come through 2 qualifying matches, beating Stephen Lee in the 2nd one. He hit 7 half century breaks in the qualifying for this event which is decent scoring in anyone's book and it could be beating Williams in the last 16 would be his only real task. He's in an open quarter with a lot of out of form players so I'll take the Cheshire man to make the semis from Quarter 2.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open N Robertson (-2.5 frames) to bt Liu Song, [email protected] Bwin Robertson is obviously in a different class to Song and should win comfortably here. It was a suprise to see Bwin going 1.85 on this when most other firms are around the 1.73 mark, which is where it should be so a good value bet here that I will be snapping up.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Just the one for me tomorrow. Was close to taking Stevens on the handicap but something doesn't sit right about it. 3pts A.Higginson to beat M.Fu 7/4 Coral As I said above, I think Andrew Higginson has a decent chance this week. Marco Fu did well in the Championship league in the week but he was playing well in that in the lead up to the Masters and his performance there was all wrong. He looked to have lost his cue action in that event and I don't see what could've changed it in the space of a week when presumably his coach, Terry Griffiths was at the Masters with the other members of his stable. Higginson is playing well at the minute and if he pings the lids and puts Fu's cue action under even more pressure then I think he'll win this and win it a shade comfortably. Fu was walloped by Peter Lines in this stage of the UK Championship and I expect him to suffer another 1st round defeat here.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Two more 'outrights' for me. 1.5pts N.Robertson To Make Highest Break @ 14/1 Boylesports As I've said already, I fancy Neil to go deep into this tournament which is important for this bet as he'll get alot of chances to make a big score, he is a solid player in amongst the balls and he showed that against Ronnie at The Masters. He has made 14 100+ breaks on the circuit this season 2nd to O'Sullivan, highest break of 140 so far. Should give you a run for your money. 0.5pts E/W T.Ford To Make Highest Break @ 100/1 365 (4 places 1/5) Tom Ford has a difficult opening match v Mark Allen and I expect him to crash out but at the same time he may get a few chances to get into the balls and make a large break, if were looking at one of the lesser players to make a big break then Ford has a chance, his made 5 century breaks on the circuit this season with the highest break of the season, a break of 143. On that basis, this price looks rather large. One bet for today's matches. 4pts A.Carter v M.Davis - Over 7.5 Frames @ 11/10 Coral I wasn't very impressed with Ali at The Masters and that was only just over a week ago so I'll take a chance he has not changed his form around, he just doesn't look to be playing his natural game. Mark Davis has been around since the early 90's and can be a dangerous player if in the mood, he does well in the qualifiers and edged out Swail 5-4 to make it here, I think we could see a tight battle between these too and no player to win the match better than 5-3.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Just in time before this starts. Im on Carter to beat Davis @ 1.33 with Paddy Power. Has won here before and i think, although he didn't have a great time at the Masters, he will show his experience and class tonight. Davis will be a tough match for Ali as he looks to play himself into form but he will be looking to bounce back strongly here and go all the way again.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Steven's had me sweating (just a bit!) whilst Carter was alot more straight forward. Steven's was far from impressive but im not sure whether it was down to nerves or poor form as he missed a few good chances throughout the match to let Pinches squeeze the pressure on him. Just had a glance at tomorrow's matches on Paddy Power and like the look of Shaun Murphy to beat the welshman @ 1.4 (may be bigger elsewhere) but will have a good think before deciding whether to go for it. If i do follow it up but decide against going for a big-ish single on that, a double with Mark Allen to beat Tom Ford could be something to look at as he was on decent form in the Masters.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open -4pts so far with Carter easing through, Davis was poor. I'm not as familiar was the 'lesser' players, if that is the right word. Will skip this round and just watch to see how they perform. I don't see any great bets. I'll be back maybe next round or quater finals.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open I'm trying to get back into the game (betting wise) I used to love, and now Barry Hearn is on the scene, snooker may well rise again. I am a little out of touch with regards to form on players though. I'm looking at Williams v Fergal - I know Williams was playing very well in the Masters, but Fergal should never be a 4.20 shot to beat him in a best of 9, he's a class player at anywhere near his best. Is he totally out of form?