4 Systems are better than 1 ?? (EXTINCT)

Grex

Re: 3 Systems are better than 1 ??

..... And congratulations for your results! The home teams are certainly doing very well! :lol
Yes, Relf, the home wins for this season are way above the average for the past 10 seasons..... see "Short-priced Home Favourites" thread for more details. Let's hope the statistical "blip" continues :ok

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 3 Systems are better than 1 ?? Well done! Seems like (1) is doing really well! Took a look at the last 2 rounds of EPL - it's 14 home wins, 6 draws, and ZERO away wins. That takes the Home Win to 52.0% this season. It's running so high above expectations that it makes me worry. :unsure Well, let's hope it would not stop anytime soon.

Re: 3 Systems are better than 1 ?? You're right, Relf..... System 1's performance to date is W8 L1..... but it is early days. The percentage of home wins in the EPL is totally out of line with the previous 10 seasons. I can't come up with an explanation.... just one of those statistical anomalies ;)

Re: 3 Systems are better than 1 ?? Very interesting statistics, Relf...... these figures would also go a long way to explaining the success of the "Short-priced Home Favourites" system...... most of the teams that command home odds of between 1.45 and 1.80 are from the top half of the league table. Do you have time to do a similar statistical exercise for Italy Serie A ? :ok

Re: 3 Systems are better than 1 ?? Thanks again for your hard work, Relf.... although there is a downward trend in the "Diff" as you go down the league, I would agree that it's probably not significant. The EPL has shut up shop this weekend, so there won't be any selections :(..... however, it would seem that the two mid-week games will both be selected, unless the odds change significantly. :ok

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ??

Good luck with your selections! Man City and Wigan look dangerous to me' date=' but then you will never know. ;)[/quote'] Thanks for the good wishes, Relf...... I said previously that Lawro agreed with all my selections - but, I made a mistake.... in fact, he predicts 2-2 for Man City :(..... but 2-1 for Wigan :D. Shall we see at about 6.00pm Sunday UK time :ok

..... No major concerns' date=' but Everton seems to be in good form and I'll worry a little with the Tottenham bet.[/quote'] Yes, Everton must have been on a high after thrashing United last weekend :cry.... however, their exit from the Europa League at the hands of Sporting Lisbon has probably deflated them a bit... shall we see :hope

.... and the good news is that Lawro agrees with all 5 selections :clap:clap:clap
.... that was last week's selections..... and guess what.... he's done it again.... he agrees with this week's 3 selections :loon. I wonder if Lawro looks at this thread before he makes his predictions :rollin Mind you, the news about Tottenham's team being hit by a "bug" is not good news - the odds have lengthened to 2.10 :\

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Not sure if you have heard of it, Petr Cech will be out for a month as well. So Hilario will be the goalkeeper I guess. Not sure it affects the confidence of the punters though. I've layed Man City to finish in the Top 4 one week ago, so I'll be skipping this match. :tongue2

Not sure if you have heard of it' date=' Petr Cech will be out for a month as well. So Hilario will be the goalkeeper I guess. Not sure it affects the confidence of the punters though. I've layed Man City to finish in the Top 4 one week ago, so I'll be skipping this match. :tongue2[/quote'] Yes, I heard the news... but I think Hilario is a capable "reserve", and Chelsea have enough fire-power to overcome a relatively poor Man City side. Good luck with Blackburn at the weekend.... a difficult match, but who knows.... despite their recent improvement, Liverpool are still rather unpredictable.

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Thanks for the luck, I think they would need it. 4 home wins in a row, which more or less guaranteed Blackburn's safety this season, so I believe this would ease some pressure off the players and they could play without worries and (hopefully) perform better. On the other hand, Liverpool had a midweek match to overcome so there might be match fatigue. Interestingly, even though Blackburn's current form is better than Liverpool's, Liverpool's home record is far superior than Blackburn's away record. I heard they might have Torres back too. Not sure if the odds represent value, I'm tempted to put small stakes on Blackburn win, but my head says no. :loon

Yes' date= I heard the news... but I think Hilario is a capable "reserve", and Chelsea have enough fire-power to overcome a relatively poor Man City side.....
I think I got my "analysis" slightly wrong :$

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Out of curiosity, I went to dig up the statistics and found out that the last time Chelsea conceded 4 goals in the EPL was in 2002/03 season at Charlton. As for Stamford Bridge, it was 2000/01 season - Chelsea 2 Sunderland 4. Cech conceded 8 goals in 12 home matches, while Hilario conceded 4 goals in 2 matches this season (he played in Chelsea's 2-0 win over Liverpool earlier). Let's hope the other 2 selections would make up the loss. :hope Edit: I just found out that Aston Villa drew 4-4 with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in December 2007.

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Thanks, Ofcourseitwas.... the Chelsea result was indeed unfortunate (unless you're a Man City supporter ;)). The staking system based on achieving a bet profit of 5% of the running bank is producing a yield of 22.9%. Using stakes of 5% of the running bank would only have produced a yield of 18.5%.